• Show
Clear All

aq suited in bb

just a hand i played last night on paddy powers on 1 cent 2 cent tables

EP opens for 8 cent with stats of 15/10 over 115 hands

button 3bets to 26 cent with stats of 15/11 over 319 hands

both players about 80 bbs deep

folded to me on the big blind with AQ suited playing 150 bbs

what do i do ?? do i call and play the pot oop ??

or do i 4bet because the button might be making a move ?

or just fold given my position and original raiser still to act behind me ??
    “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Edit: Read winnings post below :P haha
    Last edited by A_CitizenErased; 06-01-12, 14:28.

Comment

yeah maybe i should of 4 bet but im sure to get one if not two callers and because i miss the flop 2/3 of the time i have to play a bloated pot oop with 2 players and only holding A high.any advice on what to do if i do 4bet and just get flatted and miss the flop ?

Comment

Fold, at 1/2c this isn't a move very much when OR made it 4x and BTN makes it 13x

Vs good thinking players the more important stats than villains vp$ip/pfr in this spot are;
        1) your image/stats
        2) EP's fold to 3b%
        3) BTNs 3b%
        4) Is it 6-handed or full-ring?

If based on all these things there is a decent possibility this is a move then you could 4b/call ~51c or something similar since villains are only 80BB deep.
        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

lol@4betting.. i am folding absolutely instantly.
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
            Edit: Read winnings post below :P haha
            Ninja edit!

Comment

Originally posted by kidpoker88 View Post
              im sure to get one if not two callers and because i miss the flop 2/3 of the time i have to play a bloated pot oop with 2 players and only holding A high.any advice on what to do if i do 4bet and just get flatted and miss the flop ?
              wont happen much, they'll shove or fold 90+% of the time. If they flat, shove flop, you weren't folding anyway and who knows you might make then fold some pairs or w/e.

Comment

thanks for the reply winning,
                any ideas of how to play it if say i 4 bet and the button calls and i miss the flop ?
                the way i seen it was other than the button having say aj a10 suited i was either cruished by ak aa kk or flipin with a smaller pair so if i had of 4bet and got called really any flop other than a monster for me leaves me not knowing were i am in the hand and combined with having to play it oop i taught it was a spot that i didnt need to be in is my thought proccess wrong on this

Comment

Originally posted by kidpoker88
                  i went for tha fold anyways “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Working...
                  X