Deep river spot 2knl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep river spot 2knl

Villain is an unorthodox player, more well known for running like god in donkaments. Haven't played with him a huge amount, but know he can make some weird plays. I wouldn't say he's a brilliant cash game player, but would not be totally retarded either

Poker Stars, $10/$20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $6,178.02 (308.9 bb)
    CO: $7,223.76 (361.2 bb)
    Hero (BTN): $7,025.12 (351.3 bb)
    SB: $7,711.38 (385.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
    CO folds, Hero raises to $50, SB folds, BB calls $30

Flop: ($110) K Q J (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $88, BB raises to $229.75, Hero calls $141.75

Turn: ($569.50) 2 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($569.50) K (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

Any reads on how light he calls and how likely he is to check raise with bluffs? Is villan elky?

Comment

What are you asking here? Would we play it differently? I wouldn't. Wp

Comment

wp imo - I dont think you gain anything from betting the river unless villain is likely to crai bluffs a lot. hard to see him calling with worse

Comment

Don't know if im missing something that ^^^ all above me are seeing but i think your good on the river nearly always and i can see alot of worse hands that call us, KT, Qx's and lots of pair+ 10 combos. Vbet 350-400 OTR IMO, really don't expect to get C/R here at all. I like flop and turn as played.
          They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
          Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
            Don't know if im missing something that ^^^ all above me are seeing but i think your good on the river nearly always and i can see alot of worse hands that call us, KT, Qx's and lots of pair+ 10 combos. Vbet 350-400 OTR IMO, really don't expect to get C/R here at all. I like flop and turn as played.
            This.

I assumed you checked back otr because you didnt want to get c/r here but I think you can induce c/r bluffs from the villain considering his description.

Comment

I think Overbetting the river would massively polarize our perceived range to FH's/missed draws so less likely villain tries to get tricky and turn mediocre value hands into bluff when we are incredibly unlikely to fold the nutted end of that range. Essentially he's now put in a WA/WB situation where bluffing makes little sense. Like im sure villain realises this is a pretty good card for us to bet, be it for value or as a bluff, so i can def see him punishing smaller thin bets. Facing an Overbet tho, his play is rather restricted and its pretty difficult for him to c/r bluff.

That said he probably doesn't have as many pair&draw combos as we might expect as this kind of texture is one on which they're likely to c/c. Odd hand.
              Last edited by Winning!; 24-12-11, 20:43.
              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Overbetting seems not good given he's the one polarised here.
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                  Overbetting seems not good given he's the one polarised here.
                  Yeah i was thinking he has mediocre value hand here a lot more than he ever will.

Comment

Dont like overbetting here aswel because it prevents the villain from bluff raising the river.

Don't think the villain shud ever have a FH here given his line, hence his range shud be mostly flushes, showdown value hands and random bluffs and in general we're more likely to see c/r bluffs otr here given how the hand played out.

Its very concievable we have a FH here given our line and thats why I don't think we get c/r too often by flushes (especially with the villain being described as more of a tourney player) but we get c/r bluffed a lot more often I think, so bet/calling the river should be our best line.

Comment

Wow 2knl. Nice Cardshark!

I would always value bet here. Checking back top trips when he looks like he has given up on the pot seems weird to me. I realise there aren't many hands he can call with though.

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                        I think Overbetting the river would massively polarize our perceived range to FH's/missed draws so less likely villain tries to get tricky and turn mediocre value hands into bluff when we are incredibly unlikely to fold the nutted end of that range. Essentially he's now put in a WA/WB situation where bluffing makes little sense. Like im sure villain realises this is a pretty good card for us to bet, be it for value or as a bluff, so i can def see him punishing smaller thin bets. Facing an Overbet tho, his play is rather restricted and its pretty difficult for him to c/r bluff.

That said he probably doesn't have as many pair&draw combos as we might expect as this kind of texture is one on which they're likely to c/c. Odd hand.
                        If we decide to bet this river, it's to bet-call. So an overbet would be pretty terrible.

I think I'd just check the river. We can def have boats in our range, so this should reduce his bluffing freq. We also have the Ad, which blocks some potential bluffs. He's unorthodox as well so that increases the likelihood that he shows up with better after taking this line.

Comment

Without 3bet reads seems played perfect vs an unknown, check behind or betting the river small with adkx in your value range looks marginal. I'd lean towards betting myself here given reads, (donkament players love calling light)but the value is prety thin as others have said.

Any idea of the villians 3bet frequencies though this deep?This seems like the ideal hand to reraise the flop in a single raised pot this deep in position, especially if you have been agressive previously vs an agressive blind defender, any specific reason for flatting other than catching bluffs vs an unknown?

Turn seems like a check back, but again this is the perfect hand to bet if you ever float here, which i presume you do this deep in position.
                          "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Checking turn w his nutted range seems pretty bad when a huge portion of our flop b/calling range will call again on that turn, but will just as often check back when checked to. This is what initally gave me the sense that he must have a decent c/c range if he decided to pot control over valuetowning the turn. Could also be quite bluff heavy though

Comment

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
                              I guess thinking about it we've played our hand like AdX which really means that X giving us top trips here means that we should be value betting but if we are going to value bet then IMO we have to call if he CR's as seeing as we've made our hand look like it contains Ad or a weak flop holding I think a competent opponent should be bluff raising here with 10dX at least 30% of the time.
                              I'd like to know my opponent better or at least be on the table to have some feel for him but I'd probably be like 50:50 checking behind or value betting.

Comment

4 bet flop

Comment

It would be a flop 3b not 4b and it would be pretty spewy to get it in on the flop this deep. <150bbs, I would probably 3b flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                    Checking turn w his nutted range seems pretty bad when a huge portion of our flop b/calling range will call again on that turn, but will just as often check back when checked to. This is what initally gave me the sense that he must have a decent c/c range if he decided to pot control over valuetowning the turn. Could also be quite bluff heavy though
                                    Agree with the bold. At the same time, its hard for us to get to the river with many bluffs. I think he'd expect us to bet AdX on the turn (a check-raise is unlikely and even if he does xr we can call with these stacks).

So IF we do bet, I think it's better to bet small to rep a thin value bet and hope he spazzes out. But for the reasons I mentioned in my last post (as well as the fact that he'd rep fuck all with a river xr), I prefer a check.

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
                                      It would be a flop 3b not 4b and it would be pretty spewy to get it in on the flop this deep. <150bbs, I would probably 3b flop.
                                      Spewy my hole, we're in great shape, bang as much in as possible on the flop, clench butt cheeks, reload.

Comment

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
                                        Spewy my hole, we're in great shape, bang as much in as possible on the flop, clench butt cheeks, reload.
                                        Verses what range do you think we get 300+BBs in on the flop here an be profitable?

Cardshark, I think the river is a check back. The turn is closer, but I prefer the free card tbh.

Comment

Hand played fine imo, however I think I would bet on the river most of the time against most players fwiw this is because;

I think his flop raise contains lots of bluffs/semi-bluffs/2 pair hands so I like flatting (agree getting it in here is bad-pointless hi-variance)

Like checking back turn as a bet that gets raised leaves us in a very tough spot. However, I think his line makes a set unlikley and a made flush even more so- if he had a small flush/set he may raise flop for value/protection against the exact type of hand we have, however checking turn would be completely contrary to this line (unless he's getting tricky planning another c/r but this highly doubtful imo unless you've been barrelling turns relentlessly ??)

On the river therefore I think hes either given up or hoping for showdown so we may get a call from a number of his 2 pair or even 1 pair type hands for half pot bet as our hand bares all the hallmarks as a nakeD A. If we do get raised I'd be leaning towards a call in this particular spot as like I said I feel boats/flushes dont make sense (unless he's a nit who pot controls with sets on flush flops) so a bluff seems the most likely if he raises river especially after we check back turn

as always, player specific and lots of variables etc etc but think a value bet otr is fine but dont hate the check!

Comment

Oops forgot about this.

I actually had AK no diamond, and played it the same as above. Makes it a lot thinner to call down should I do that, but I was prepared for some tough decisions if he kept firing, most likely I was going to have to fold turn/river.

Villain showed up with 3x3d, and was indeed elky

Comment

Working...
                                            X