X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GoT latest episode spoilers:

SPOILER
    Enjoyable episode. It's simmering nicely. Not sure if I liked Renly dieing right at the start, it felt a bit anti-climactic.

Book spoilers:
    SPOILER
    Not sure how I feel about Vargo Hoat being left out. I guess they can have The Bloody Mummers appear in S3 as randomers.

The best part of the episode was Maisie Williams and Charles Dance acting the shit out of each other. She is going to be a superstar.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Initially tempted to ignore your post because of that but you recovered well with the Blaa and Sunny South East references.

Anyhoo, CHD = Zola, Howard Finkle = The Hurricane, The Rigger = Lotto.ie = Frank Gibney. That's all I can think of.
      A_CE = Walter Mitty

Comment

GOT...book spoiler
        SPOILER
        BlackWater Battle
        How are they gonna handle Tyrion losing half his nose?
        Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-05-12, 11:52.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Tom and DP are not good at spoilering... Battle at Blackwater you say

Comment

Them crazy Chinese swimmers are at it again

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
            http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

I need a job, its finally getting me, this is the longest I have ever been idle.Worked all my life since I left school, its been 2 years now since I last worked.

Called into the Carphone warehouse and dropped in a CV , wouldnt mind working somewhere like that.

Also designed a leaflet , just have to get them printed, I am willing to give one on one tuition on the basics ie: facebook, Skype, ordering stuff online etc for 20 euro for the hour. Also can help with smartphone/iphone trouble. I will post the leaflet and see what ye think.

Myself and Mia could stick them in letterboxes targeting older housing estates . I have taught my mother a few basics in the last few months and thought to myself there has to be loads of older people that have not got a clue about the basics of computing / phones etc.

I can either go to their house if they have internet or they could come here. Any thoughts?

Leaflet:

SPOILER
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/http://www.facebook.com/thedarkknightrises"The Dark Knight Rises" in theaters July 20.Warner Bros. Pictures' and Legendary ...
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  meh..I assumed it was common knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    meh..I assumed it was common knowledge
                    Of things that haven't happened in the story line yet?? It doesn't bother me at all anywho

I don't think I want to watch that Batman trailer given it will be brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                      I need a job, its finally getting me, this is the longest I have ever been idle.Worked all my life since I left school, its been 2 years now since I last worked.

Called into the Carphone warehouse and dropped in a CV , wouldnt mind working somewhere like that.

Also designed a leaflet , just have to get them printed, I am willing to give one on one tuition on the basics ie: facebook, Skype, ordering stuff online etc for 20 euro for the hour. Also can help with smartphone/iphone trouble. I will post the leaflet and see what ye think.

Myself and Mia could stick them in letterboxes targeting older housing estates . I have taught my mother a few basics in the last few months and thought to myself there has to be loads of older people that have not got a clue about the basics of computing / phones etc.

I can either go to their house if they have internet or they could come here. Any thoughts?

Leaflet:

SPOILER
                      not bad MSN,
                      if it's something you are interested in you could look at doing a JEB course.
                      I did it years ago and taught basic PC and ECDL.
                      Decent money if I remember correctly.

Comment

Of things that haven't happened in the story line yet?? It doesn't bother me at all anywho

I don't think I want to watch that Batman trailer given it will be brilliant
                        I haven't started the books or the series yet. I dont think knowing the name of a battle that happens at done point later will affect me too much.

I've avoided that batman trailer too. I watched the latest Prometeus one earlier and regretted it a little.
                        But can you avoid these thing got another 12 weeks or so?

Comment

@MSN, for whatever reason its iPhone/iTunes. Snazzy leaflet

Comment

Both Stannis and Tyrion/Cersei talk about Blackwater bay in the last episode. Stannis to sail through, and Cersei/Tyrion to defend. Sorry though, i'll spoiler my shit better my from now on.

Comment

MSN make the background transparent on the gmail and the computer guy images. Its looks kinda n00bish when not transparent imo.

Here is a Gmail one.

Comment

A chap I know spends every May bank holiday weekend raising money for Down Syndrome Ireland by biking around the country with 150 others. He's not Clay Morrow from Sons of Anarchy, he's a psychologist and the charity is important to him as he has a younger sister with Down Syndrome.

I support him every year and I just checked his mycharity.ie page there and he seems way down on the donations this year, and it's this weekend. Not sure why. Recession perhaps? He usually raises €1-1.5k, and appears to have to raise €1k as part of taking part.

So I thought I would stick a link up here to you guys. He hasn't asked me to (or even know come to think of it), and I wouldn't if it weren't a good cause. You can read about what Down Syndrome Ireland do here:
                                Down Syndrome Ireland offers support and services to people with Down syndrome and their families throughout Ireland.

This is the link to donate if you wish to buy yourself some run good karma:

See who can crowbar in the best poker reference in the comment message.

Comment

flyer needs some boobs, MSN.
                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                    Bit meh on The Avengers

SPOILER
                                    Overlong. Loki was lame as the main bad guy. Underwhelming overall.
                                    Fully agree. Small step up from drool like Fantastic 4 type crap. No where near the Batmans

Comment

@MSN, for whatever reason its iPhone/iTunes. Snazzy leaflet
                                      yeah I wondered about that but the spell check was showing up with a capital I.

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                      MSN make the background transparent on the gmail and the computer guy images. Its looks kinda n00bish when not transparent imo.

Here is a Gmail one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Gmail_logo.png

TY , yeah not mad about the picture either , I will look for something else.
                                      Last edited by SatNav; 01-05-12, 12:31.
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        was in Superquinn last night and bought a few hefty chunks of Smoked Cod. I am open to serving suggestions.
                                        serve it right into the bin and get some steak.

Comment

was in Superquinn last night and bought a few hefty chunks of Smoked Cod. I am open to serving suggestions.
                                          Keep it simple.

Poach in milk for 7/8 mins (depending on size) or until fish flakes.

Serve with fresh wheaten bread and butter.

Comment

Hi,

Question is probably aimed at V for Vendetta/ Ionapaul or Raol Duke.

Would I be right in saying at all wages where you break the PRSI threshold, you should be making contributions to an occupational pension?

Is there any calculators available online giving you the breakeven point? ie after contribution there is no effect on net pay?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

Here is a Gmail one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Gmail_logo.png
                                              How do you make the background transparent if the pic you get is a block with logo & white background?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                Fully agree. Small step up from drool like Fantastic 4 type crap. No where near the Batmans
                                                Disagree, but I am a fanboy

Comment

Galactus was not a cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                    How do you make the background transparent if the pic you get is a block with logo & white background?

That link he gave me for the pic actually is transparent, only other thing I was gonna do is put the pic into paint and do it there .
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

The method varies depending on whether you're using Photoshop, GIMP, or paint.net, but it's usually not that hard. Plenty of good tutorials if you Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                        Galactus was not a cloud.
                                                        in Fantastic Four?
                                                        I think we can all agree that was pretty poor.
                                                        Julian McMahon as Doom was the best thing about it.

Comment

Paint.net is free and similar to GIMP - http://www.getpaint.net/

Usually you use the Magic Wand tool to select all the background colour but it isnt always possible when background and picture colours are similar.

Pictures are sometimes saved with transparent backgrounds and will be saved as a .gif or .png for the most part. This does not mean that all .gifs or pngs have transparent backgrounds. Pics as .jpg cant have transparent backgrounds. Just something to remember when looking for logos in Google images.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post

Leaflet:

SPOILER
                                                            Good luck Michelle

Yeah defo use iphone/itunes, and put a full stop after 'never' and start a new sentence. Comma doesn't work there.

Comment

Seems like Rio was distracted when City scored last night

Comment

Originally posted by Fowlerthegowler View Post
                                                                Hi,

Question is probably aimed at V for Vendetta/ Ionapaul or Raol Duke.

Would I be right in saying at all wages where you break the PRSI threshold, you should be making contributions to an occupational pension?

Is there any calculators available online giving you the breakeven point? ie after contribution there is no effect on net pay?
                                                                VforV is the man to answer this I think! I've got a ridiculously underfunded pension actually, I've concentrated more on investments I can access any time, to be used whenever I buy a house. If I recall correctly, a lot of the attractiveness of pension investments have diminished over the past few years, what you save in tax relief, you lose in fees, inflexibility and poor returns! It's pretty easy to invest your money yourself after tax, a few simple ETFs with low fees, grow them until you are of retirement age and it is a pension by another means.

That said, employer contributions are a bit of a no-brainer, do what you can to avail of them.

Comment

Batman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ironman>>>Spiderman>>>>>>>>>every other piece of shit comic movie Iv seen.

I'm waiting to get some free time to see the Avengers so I hope its good

Comment

Seen as I dont write too many and been posting here a bit. New Blog here for anyone interested. http://poker.boylepoker.com/online_p...e-bottom-line/

Comment

@ BK, how'd the game under lights at Trinity go?

Comment

Just made an omelette with some smoked fish cheese and scallions. Excellent but better for the leftovers than a big lump.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          @ BK, how'd the game under lights at Trinity go?
                                                                          personally very wel butl as a team not so much (we lost 22-8). Just got dominated in too many important plays and a lot of 50/50 70/30 decisions didnt go our way. worst thing is having to listen to them shite on about it for the next 12 months

Comment

Raining in Ballinrobe but probably not enough, still I'm off to spend 7 hours on the road to watch Jennies Jewel run with the best we could expect is a good run in the top 6, will save the one time for another time.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                              Batman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ironman>>>Spiderman>>>>>>>>>every other piece of shit comic movie Iv seen.

I'm waiting to get some free time to see the Avengers so I hope its good
                                                                              No love for X-Men first class?

Comment

@Hotspur, Kompany says they've got it in their own hands.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17903709
                                                                                  after the "hands" discussion Hotspur is no longer Matt Damon and is now Steve Buschemi in ConAir.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17903709
                                                                                    Anyone else notice that the volume goes to 11

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                      Anyone else notice that the volume goes to 11

Everything I've ever done on stage has been modeled on Derek Smalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                        after the "hands" discussion Hotspur is no longer Matt Damon and is now Steve Buschemi in ConAir.
                                                                                        I don't understand.

Okay, set your faces to stunned....
                                                                                        This is the new Ryan Tubridy wax work....

SPOILER

.... as imagined by Stevie Wonder?!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          A chap I know spends every May bank holiday weekend raising money for Down Syndrome Ireland by biking around the country with 150 others. He's not Clay Morrow from Sons of Anarchy, he's a psychologist and the charity is important to him as he has a younger sister with Down Syndrome.

I support him every year and I just checked his mycharity.ie page there and he seems way down on the donations this year, and it's this weekend. Not sure why. Recession perhaps? He usually raises €1-1.5k, and appears to have to raise €1k as part of taking part.

So I thought I would stick a link up here to you guys. He hasn't asked me to (or even know come to think of it), and I wouldn't if it weren't a good cause. You can read about what Down Syndrome Ireland do here:
                                                                                          Down Syndrome Ireland offers support and services to people with Down syndrome and their families throughout Ireland.

This is the link to donate if you wish to buy yourself some run good karma:

See who can crowbar in the best poker reference in the comment message.
                                                                                          Done. Karma you say
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

I see Negreanu bossing the high roller with 4 left in Monte Carlo, 1 milly up top

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mikom on boards
                                                                                                Looks like the child that resulted from George bush and Tubridy having sex on 9/11.
                                                                                                .

Comment

Anyone have any good links for reading up on SEO?

Comment

Roy Hodgson given a four year contract as England manager

Opr

Comment

I don't understand.
                                                                                                      He#'s got the whole world in his hands.

Okay, set your faces to stunned....
                                                                                                      This is the new Ryan Tubridy wax work....

SPOILER

.... as imagined by Stevie Wonder?!
                                                                                                      More likely yer one from Lionel Richie's "Hello" video.

Comment

Hodgson for England! It just goes to show Liverpool fans are still the most knowledgeable fans in the world. We called it 18 months ago.
                                                                                                        Last edited by davepoke/her; 01-05-12, 14:40.

Comment

This is a good primer:

Comment

Some good tips here, hasn't been updated for a while unfortunately.

Comment

Woy confirmed as England boss on a 4 year contract

Comment

Lol, i just saw the blondie girl and didnt know who the guy was meant to be, thought Rig had used the wrong pic!
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Surely is you google SEO tips and it's not one of the top results, it's not worth reading?

Comment

Just been told that its Hunt that wont be going to the Euros, has opted out. Summit to do with cheating on the missus??

Worst reason ever not to play in the Euros if true!

Comment

Just been told that its Hunt that wont be going to the Euros, has opted out. Summit to do with cheating on the missus??

Worst reason ever not to play in the Euros if true!
                                                                                                                      Especially since its in Poland! ...and Ukraine
                                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        I'm Henry Sellers! I made the BBC!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          @V4V

See these kind of scenes?

Clermont fans welcoming us to the stadium before the match. Never met such friendly and passionate fans before. Absolutely incredible.

What an amazing fanbase. Lost 10 finals in a row before finally winning the 11th. How can you manage to be such nutbags given that sort of hurt!?
                                                                                                                          Yup. A particularly funny incident was a cyclist going through the mob who decided to pretend like he was climbing a mountain stage in the tour de france and when a cop car tried to drive down the road with a load of fans waving their flags.

I was mainly offered a lot of beer, wished Bon chance and asked to stand in pictures. Very good natured stuff. The worst fans on the day were young drunk arsehole leinster fans tbh. Typical.

Tickets and flights secured for Twickers. See you there and Ionapaul I hope. Anyone else going?

GAB or RDIII or anyone else have any recommendations for Bordeaux wine for me to buy as gifts? Spent today in St Emilion (really lovely spot) but didn't know what wine to buy as I'm a total fish obviously.

A chateaux and vintage recommendation would be great as these guys are ready to pawn stuff on the noob I suspect.....

I want to get a few mixed bottle gift cases if possible.
                                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X