This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
    Did we figure out the 6th football player from earlier?
    What was the question?
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Loopz got it earlier. 'Twas Saha
      Profit before people.

Comment

Name the six players to have scored 4 league goals in a game but never a hat trick.

Comment

Name the six players to have scored 4 league goals in a game but never a hat trick.
          Saha, Vialli, Klinsmann, Dzeko, Ekoku and Arshavin?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Loopz got it earlier. 'Twas Saha
            Ah very good.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                Saha, Vialli, Klinsmann, Dzeko, Ekoku and Arshavin?
                Ya you got two of them. Keep trying.

Comment

Ya you got two of them. Keep trying.
                  Pick any two, they're all right

Comment

saha i think

Comment

You knew that off the top of your head? Respect, I thought you were messing.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        Not going to say...dont want a reaction one way or the other, i dont even watch the mini trailers at the start of each episode, hate knowing whats going to happen !

Only 20 or so episodes left anyways, all will be revealed no doubt !!
                        Was just curious as I couldn't figure out what you meant by your earlier post, spoiler it again and say the name so I have an idea of who you mean, won't post saying anything on it or if you dont want to just fill me in when you are finished with the series

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                        He did one outer me on last hand of day 1 but he was just tilting me all day with his stupidness and then later found out he had won some tournies, mbn to run that good.
                        Remembered you mentioning something about it and wasn't sure if it was him.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        You clearly don't drink enough
                        True that.
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Pick any two, they're all right
                          dzeko score a hat-trick with wolfsburg anyway if not two
                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            wolfsburg don't play in the epl afaik

Comment

I knew it cause it was one of the OptaJoe stats on twitter today and I read it earlier and thought "that's a good quiz question actually".

Comment

na i got help from the usual sources

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  Those halcyon days of Wolfsburg playing in the Premier League, I remember them well.

Comment

Sad that the best news of today was that Walker got taken off early and thus I have a clean sheet in FF.

Comment

Those halcyon days of Wolfsburg playing in the Premier League, I remember them well.
                                      when it was being discussed earlier i think it was about current premier league players but about their whole careers. loadsa rules to these quiz questions
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                        Was just curious as I couldn't figure out what you meant by your earlier post, spoiler it again and say the name so I have an idea of who you mean, won't post saying anything on it or if you dont want to just fill me in when you are finished with the series
                                        SPOILER
                                        Roslin.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                          Sad that the best news of today was that Walker got taken off early and thus I have a clean sheet in FF.
                                          So you do just pretend to be a Liverpool fan then?

I knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                            So you do just pretend to be a Liverpool fan then?

I knew it.
                                            Liverpool beating a team they should be hockeying anyway is good and all but not as good as 4 extra pts in FF

Was Gerrard injured today or just rested? Bellamy should never be off the pitch for the rest of the season

Comment

Went to see J Edgar earlier its not very good probably doesn't help the fact that I don't seem to like many of Eastwoods movies.

Comment

Watching Chelsea highlights, really putting the foot in there today

Comment

Went to see J Edgar earlier its not very good probably doesn't help the fact that I don't seem to like many of Eastwoods movies.
                                                  Gran Torino ? fantastic film dude !!

Flags and letters...both also fantastic.

You be crazy/
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Liverpool beating a team they should be hockeying anyway is good and all but not as good as 4 extra pts in FF

Was Gerrard injured today or just rested? Bellamy should never be off the pitch for the rest of the season
                                                    Injured, but not seriously I believe. Should be back for Spurs next Monday, not that you'll care.

I told you so, but you still went to see it. Your own fault imo.

Comment

When a film is released around this time and there is absolutely no Oscar talk about them they tend not to be good

Comment

Gran Torino ? fantastic film dude !!

Flags and letters...both also fantastic.

You be crazy/
                                                        Gran Torino is dull and boring, seen one of the other two cant remember which one also not good from what I can remember. I just don't seem to like his style of movies.

Gran Torino

SPOILER
                                                        That scene when he is in the house punching the cupboards I burst out laughing just fuck off lolbad, the ending was a load of bollox other than that I don't remember too much about it because I thought it was terrible.

Injured, but not seriously I believe. Should be back for Spurs next Monday, not that you'll care.

I told you so, but you still went to see it. Your own fault imo.
                                                        Was gonna go see it regardless what anybody wrote.

When a film is released around this time and there is absolutely no Oscar talk about them they tend not to be good
                                                        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                          Was half-thinking i might have drunkenly bet with you on something
                                                          Any drunken bets I made I may have also forgot so they cancel out
                                                          Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                          Do you not think it would be beneficial to alert people on here of possible problems, especially as this person bets on here with other posters.

I can't really understand the whole thing around protecting the identity of tappers/theifs/call it what you like (that's not just directed at you Mellor, I'm speaking in general terms)
                                                          I know what you mean. If I thought he was betting with a few people I could see the point of that. But I don't think thats the case, but I'd still keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Was gonna go see it regardless what anybody wrote.
                                                            So it's like a reverse Big Lebowski then?

Comment

So it's like a reverse Big Lebowski then?
                                                              Nope.

Comment

Gran Torino is dull and boring, seen one of the other two cant remember which one also not good from what I can remember. I just don't seem to like his style of movies.

Gran Torino

SPOILER
                                                                That scene when he is in the house punching the cupboards I burst out laughing just fuck off lolbad, the ending was a load of bollox other than that I don't remember too much about it because I thought it was terrible.
                                                                Clint is a great director but agree with spoiler on the ending of Gran Torino, the whole film was spoilt by it. Please tell me you've seen Unforgiven or is it another Big Lebowski?

Comment

Nope.
                                                                  To steal one of your phrases, you're a dope.

Comment

He's the worst....

Comment

Anyone seen The Grey with our Liam?
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                        Anyone seen The Grey with our Liam?
                                                                        Yeah it's fecking terrible but kinda enjoyable at the same time. Liam has a few cracking one liners in it.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Clint is a great director but agree with spoiler on the ending of Gran Torino, the whole film was spoilt by it. Please tell me you've seen Unforgiven or is it another Big Lebowski?
                                                                          Nope never seen it. Looking at his directing credits on IMDb

2011 J. Edgar - terrible.

2010 Hereafter - watched some of it seems terrible deleted the remaining bit off my computer.

2009 Invictus - looks awful.

2008 Gran Torino - boring & dull.

2008 Changeling - never seen it doubt I will ever watch it looks dreadful.

2006 Letters from Iwo Jima -

2006 Flags of Our Fathers - seen one can't remember which but didn't really enjoy it.

2004 Million Dollar Baby - doubt I will ever watch it.

2003 The Blues (TV series documentary)
                                                                          – Piano Blues (2003) - ???

2003 Mystic River - people raved about it I just didn't like it.

2002 Blood Work - ???

2000 Space Cowboys - seen bits of it.

1999 True Crime - doesn't ring a bell.

1997 Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - ???

1997 Absolute Power - thought it was ok.

1995 The Bridges of Madison County - never seen it.

1993 A Perfect World - ???

1992 Unforgiven - never seen it.

1990 The Rookie - never seen it.

1990 White Hunter Black Heart - ???

1988 Bird - ???

1986 Heartbreak Ridge - ???

1985 Amazing Stories (TV series)
                                                                          – Vanessa in the Garden (1985) - ???

1985 Pale Rider

1983 Sudden Impact

1982 Honkytonk Man

1982 Firefox

1980 Bronco Billy

1977 The Gauntlet

1976 The Outlaw Josey Wales

1975 The Eiger Sanction

1973 Breezy

1973 High Plains Drifter

1971 Play Misty for Me

1971 The Beguiled: The Storyteller

As for the rest I didn't outline never really seen any of the Dirty Harry movies or any of his westerns as they just don't really interest me.

GFY

He's the worst....
                                                                          I had planned to see it when I first watched the trailer, have cut out a lot of seeing stuff just for the sake of it.

Chronicle tomorrow?

Comment

Hiding behind a computer like Hitler. That is genius, and the odds of gimmick account must surely be tumbling.

Loaning money in poker is what got me interested in the world of addiction. It seems weird looking back that I used to ship 4 figure loans online to people I didn't know, never knew their names, and just happened to play on the same tables as them sometimes. Getting screwed and seeing the degenerate degen away at high stakes (back then high stakes was 5/10 nl or 30/60 limit) without paying back fascinated me.

It was actually an Irish player who *really* got me interested in gambling addiction. Despite being for small sums it was the calculated and devious ways of trying to nip for more, and the stories and promises that would be produced that were really interesting.

Speaking of one of 5Star's nippers, I am going to a writing class on a Tuesday night, and tonight I was there creating the beginning of a story of degen who plays poker in a casino. His name is Frank, and he wears a Christmas jumper that was bought with punts.

Comment

you must be a fish head Tylerdurden, Also watch Unforgiven, brilliant.

Comment

Man on a ledge may be similar... sounds awful, yet intriguing, with a hilarious name.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                  you must be a fish head Tylerdurden, Also watch Unforgiven, brilliant.
                                                                                  Whats a fish head?

Comment

As for the rest I didn't outline never really seen any of the Dirty Harry movies or any of his westerns as they just don't really interest me.

The 3 Eastwood/Sergio Leone spagetti westerns are close to masterpieces imo. (And I'm no western fanboy trust me, I hate the conveyor belt stuff from John Wayne and all that).

Shocked you haven't watched them. Start with The Good, the Bad and The Ugly imo.

Comment

A Perfect World is an excellent film, really good. You should definitely acquire that Danny.

Comment

Nope never seen it. Looking at his directing credits on IMDb

2011 J. Edgar - terrible.

2010 Hereafter - watched some of it seems terrible deleted the remaining bit off my computer.

2009 Invictus - looks awful.

2008 Gran Torino - boring & dull.

2008 Changeling - never seen it doubt I will ever watch it looks dreadful.

2006 Letters from Iwo Jima -

2006 Flags of Our Fathers - seen one can't remember which but didn't really enjoy it.

2004 Million Dollar Baby - doubt I will ever watch it.

2003 The Blues (TV series documentary)
                                                                                        – Piano Blues (2003) - ???

2003 Mystic River - people raved about it I just didn't like it.

2002 Blood Work - ???

2000 Space Cowboys - seen bits of it.

1999 True Crime - doesn't ring a bell.

1997 Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - ???

1997 Absolute Power - thought it was ok.

1995 The Bridges of Madison County - never seen it.

1993 A Perfect World - ???

1992 Unforgiven - never seen it.

1990 The Rookie - never seen it.

1990 White Hunter Black Heart - ???

1988 Bird - ???

1986 Heartbreak Ridge - ???

1985 Amazing Stories (TV series)
                                                                                        – Vanessa in the Garden (1985) - ???

1985 Pale Rider

1983 Sudden Impact

1982 Honkytonk Man

1982 Firefox

1980 Bronco Billy

1977 The Gauntlet

1976 The Outlaw Josey Wales

1975 The Eiger Sanction

1973 Breezy

1973 High Plains Drifter

1971 Play Misty for Me

1971 The Beguiled: The Storyteller

GFY

I had planned to see it when I first watched the trailer, have cut out a lot of seeing stuff just for the sake of it.

Chronicle tomorrow?
                                                                                        Anyone who doesnt love unforgiven or mystic river is just plain wrong.

eiger sanction and outlaw josey wales are very good and I really enjoyed invictus as well however I have an unabashed love of sport movies.

Comment

Whats a fish head?

Comment

I got tapped by PM a few years ago (back on boards) by a reg for a few hundred to play the Sunday nightlies.

Only a fairly obscure post a few weeks earlier in the BBV put me on guard and I made my excuses. Then a month later it broke that he owed people money left right and centre. (No point naming him here as he doesn't play any more apparently and never posted here, and most will know who as there was a big thread at the time).

So that one post had saved me, so in general I'd be of the 'naming' people viewpoint, after a reasonable time has elapsed. It helps stop others being caught.

Comment

Whats a fish head?
                                                                                              3 minute clip of every insult and racial slur hurled by Clint Eastwood in this amazing movie

Comment

heartbreak ridge is pretty good too

Comment

Chronicle tomorrow?
                                                                                                  Yeah cool, will give you a shout tomorrow.

Unforgiven, A Perfect World, Mystic River, Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter are all excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    The 3 Eastwood/Sergio Leone spagetti westerns are close to masterpieces imo. (And I'm no western fanboy trust me, I hate the conveyor belt stuff from John Wayne and all that).

Shocked you haven't watched them. Start with The Good, the Bad and The Ugly imo.
                                                                                                    Like most stuff that I haven't seen that people say I should of seen so much time has passed now that it doesn't really bother me.

A Perfect World is an excellent film, really good. You should definitely acquire that Danny.
                                                                                                    Sounds vaguely familiar.

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                                    Anyone who doesnt love unforgiven or mystic river is just plain wrong.

eiger sanction and outlaw josey wales are very good and I really enjoyed invictus as well however I have an unabashed love of sport movies.
                                                                                                    Matt Damon playing a south african rugby player just no, have no real interest in rubgy and no interest to see that movie.

As for sport movies you must love Goal?

Yeah cool, will give you a shout tomorrow.

Unforgiven, A Perfect World, Mystic River, Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter are all excellent.
                                                                                                    Yeah cool looking forward to see Vince Howard doing some weird superpowers stuff.

I'm sure there is people here who have directors/actors they dont like or get, I just dont get Eastwood & that absolute hack M Night SHsubflhjsdabvhjbv;.dbvd.bvkjbs

Comment

Changeling was dire.
                                                                                                      Blood work - average.
                                                                                                      Million Dollar Baby was purely hype.
                                                                                                      The Big Lebowski - clearly Clint's most accomplished work, a must watch.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                        Changeling was dire.
                                                                                                        Blood work - average.
                                                                                                        Million Dollar Baby was purely hype.
                                                                                                        The Big Lebowski - clearly Clint's most accomplished work, a must watch.
                                                                                                        Exactly what this place needs more Rigger

Comment

For a film lover Danny, you cant disregard Clint, I know, I love films also and refuse to watch anything Woody Allen makes, and that is hyprocritical i know, but my reason is Allen films are plain and simple shite, head so far up his arse he can see and direct from his mouth. Artisitc...yeah right fanboy, join the q.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                                            you heard it here 1st folks-off to ship ept deuville
                                                                                                            Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Is it a 3xTurbo?
                                                                                                            Obv passed on the 3x turbo run good button to Gavonater before he left, 4 handed at $1 3 x turbo, 4.6k wrapped up, 13.3k up top, has a tidy 102 million chips in 3rd.

Comment

For a film lover you haven't seen a lot of classics ......

I loved million $, was in anguish when watching the key scene, Also love all his old stuff, how have you not seen The good the bad or Unforgiven, truly mind boggling.

Comment

Shipped the 16k rehab on betsafe for $3.5k and won an Iphone4s in their monthly freeroll.
                                                                                                                Good start to Emop Prague week.

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                                                                                  Obv passed on the 3x turbo run good button to Gavonater before he left, 4 handed at $1 3 x turbo, 4.6k wrapped up, 13.3k up top, has a tidy 102 million chips in 3rd.
                                                                                                                  You play in the club in town Enzo, dont know if i asked you before, but you know Tom, aka Tommy ?
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                                                    Shipped the 16k rehab on betsafe for $3.5k and won an Iphone4s in their monthly freeroll.
                                                                                                                    Good start to Emop Prague week.
                                                                                                                    Noice, WD !!
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                      Well the only reason I ask is that Deadparrot (if that's your real name) and Fitzy are never online at the same time...
                                                                                                                      You've RUMBLED me, fair play.
                                                                                                                      I tell ya, I'm SICK that you COTTONED on "Sherlock"
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Captains and OJ is quiet nice !!
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

You play in the club in town Enzo, dont know if i asked you before, but you know Tom, aka Tommy ?
                                                                                                                          O Rourke or Tom that now just plays roulete and the rest?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X