Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-reading that old Morgan Kelly paper on the likely extent of falls in house prices.

The only unusual thing about Ireland in the past is that, thanks to the success of governments in insulating the economy from any risk of economic growth, it has never had a housing boom before
    I like the cut of his jib.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
      pure thrilled to get the ticket as not a chance was i gonna get there if i had to buy in, jesus i really annoyed people trying to get votes between here kracked kings and facebook.

If i cash I have said and will donate 25% of any winnings to Barretstown!!
      You're watching Rounders for tips this morning so is it? wp on the ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        falls in house prices.
        We have reached the bottom, stabilisation within months and house prices (in the east anyway) could soon rise like when you hold a pingpong ball under water and let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          We have reached the bottom, stabilisation within months and house prices (in the east anyway) could soon rise like when you hold a pingpong ball under water and let it go.
          http://www.independent.ie/national-n...y-2900588.html
          LOL - well, I'll be betting against this happening!

Comment

Are the smart and ballsy guys back buying yet?

Comment

I should really get with the program. I could easily write this drivel - and in better English.

You kind of wonder what the Indo's offices are like, does the editor turn up in the morning and just hand out the 'stories that need to be written up today'?

"right, I need a house prices to rise in 2012 story for tomorrow. Something to scare the mugs into buying gaffs. I also need one about how we're recovering well from recession and are poised to boom"

young innocent journo; "eh but none of that is true is it?"

"oh you'll go far in this game son. Right out the fucking door. You're sacked."
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                RE Murtagh.

there are 9 meetings left, this is the equivalent of 1 weeks racing in the UK. With one week left in the UK if Hanagan lead Fallon by 5 he would be a 1/5 shot.
                Also considering the time of year there's also possibility of abandonments which would play further in Murtagh's hands.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  Ah was just joking about.
                  It's mentioned a lot in The Big Lebowski, that film was pretty much the reason I went there the first time. I'm assumign that you still ahven't seen it.
                  Ah cool beans and nope still haven't gotten to it yet.

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                  Somebody needs to get the Nihilists to have a word with Tyler.Bring the marmot imo.
                  What are you on about??? You keep posting all this random shite about me and then never give an answer.
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    That type of comp is against FB T&C just in case you get a less than friendly email from Mark Z.
                    lol, the first thing i would reply is "I wouldn't get this email from Google+, so as not to be a bother I'll move everything over there Bye Mark and goodbye Facebook"

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      "oh you'll go far in this game son. Right out the fucking door. You're sacked."
                      lol, as if anyone gets a job writing in the indo without being related to someone already in there and knowing the sceal straight off. and sure if worst comes to worst they can always become feature writers for the sunday edition.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        What are you on about??? You keep posting all this random shite about me and then never give an answer.
                        You're out of your element.

Comment

Breaking bad spoiler

SPOILER

Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                            You're out of your element.
                            What? Make some sense!
                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

What? Make some sense!
                              just dig The Big Lebowski out from under the pile of DVD's you haven't watched

Comment

Nice line up !

This too shall pass.

Comment

@TylerD. Was just going back over a few posts in to see if I was talking shite when I was drunk the other night. I see you asked about FIFA12.

I have to say I like it and it is a welcome improvement in the series. The game is a bit slower. Defending is hella tough and more about keeping an overall shape or organization to your team. Double teaming an AI player invariably makes them pop the ball into the space you just left open. Have to say the AI is a lot smarter than before and retains the ball ridiculously well on world class. Another thing on AI I noticed is that if they are a goal down in the 2nd half they push way up the pitch and pressure you. This can lead to some nice counter attack goals or indeed panicky defending and last ditch tackles.

I think in general the finishing is easier around the box. Long range goals are easier to score too but lobbing the keeper is trickier. Crossing is tougher and connecting a header on the money is not as simplistic as previously. Free kicks and corners have been made much harder to score from, the latter particularly so. The "revolutionary" collision system brings up some funny animations and ball ricochets but it does make it a little more realistic. On the topic of realism, injuries are more frequent and lifelike too. I've had my pro sprint 60 yards and pull his hamstring which was equally funny and annoying as I was about to score. Refs pull up play and a hop ball is given if a player is badly injured too.

I have yet to bother giving online matches a proper crack as I'm playing career mode, leveling up my virtual pro and dossing around with mates. I'll give it a proper bash this weekend for sure. I'm addicted to it already and its ruining my life . So go buy it if you have nothing to do. If you want to be in any way productive or sociable then this is not the game for you

Comment

Phil Collins.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        RE: Murtagh

He is going to Ascot this Saturday which is a bad thing as there is a piece of piss card in Cork.
                                        fuck it, as long as Smullen isn't riding winners I don't care. Oxx having a 4-timer is Cork and Murtagh missing out would be fine by me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                            Quick q re chorizo:

Putting it in pasta. Do I:

- just pop it in the pan and fry for a bit?
                                            - peel the outside layer off or is it edible?
                                            i normally peel it and fry it

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Best way to cook a steak from frozen?

Comment

Comment

Hmmm Cox in for Keane tomorrow and not Long. He has looked good for us but he's getting no prem game time unlike Long. Strange one.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                    Best way to cook a steak from frozen?
                                                    defrost it first

ah fck - you're meant to peel it seriously?
                                                    well i do anyhow, dosn't necessarily mean that you have to.
                                                    iam unsure as whether or not you should do

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                      To anyone else bleating today about having to get up at 6.00am (oh the inhumanity!) to watch Ireland lose to Wales can I just say this. FUCK OFF.
                                                      Afraid to say it in public?!

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                        @TylerD. Was just going back over a few posts in to see if I was talking shite when I was drunk the other night. I see you asked about FIFA12.

I have to say I like it and it is a welcome improvement in the series. The game is a bit slower. Defending is hella tough and more about keeping an overall shape or organization to your team. Double teaming an AI player invariably makes them pop the ball into the space you just left open. Have to say the AI is a lot smarter than before and retains the ball ridiculously well on world class. Another thing on AI I noticed is that if they are a goal down in the 2nd half they push way up the pitch and pressure you. This can lead to some nice counter attack goals or indeed panicky defending and last ditch tackles.

I think in general the finishing is easier around the box. Long range goals are easier to score too but lobbing the keeper is trickier. Crossing is tougher and connecting a header on the money is not as simplistic as previously. Free kicks and corners have been made much harder to score from, the latter particularly so. The "revolutionary" collision system brings up some funny animations and ball ricochets but it does make it a little more realistic. On the topic of realism, injuries are more frequent and lifelike too. I've had my pro sprint 60 yards and pull his hamstring which was equally funny and annoying as I was about to score. Refs pull up play and a hop ball is given if a player is badly injured too.

I have yet to bother giving online matches a proper crack as I'm playing career mode, leveling up my virtual pro and dossing around with mates. I'll give it a proper bash this weekend for sure. I'm addicted to it already and its ruining my life . So go buy it if you have nothing to do. If you want to be in any way productive or sociable then this is not the game for you
                                                        You know that you can boost your pro really easy in this one, all you have to do is go into settings.. cpu/user customisation and fiddle about.. set it on world clas too.

Don't know if I love or hate FIFA12.

The tackling is hard, but I found that just jockeying and using x will work as well as using O like in previous years. Can't use legacy defending online for some reason which is annoying. If you can defend well you will crush at FIFA12.

The passing is a bit shit to be honest. When you are trying to make that final pass it rarely goes to where you want. Through balls are not worth using unless you have an acre of space, X everything or just play one twos.

The server for PS3 is really annoying, I can't play Ultimate Team games.. well I can but I get marked as a loss , don't get coins and my players get contracts taken from them. Also can't do the challenges. It's a pity as I'm running really well in Ultimate team, already have gotten IF Higuain, Ozil, Eto'o etc out of packs

Comment

Comment

I am forced by an accident of birth to buy that rag for my Father every week, I ask them to put it in a plain brown paper bag for me for fear that I'd be seen in public with it.
                                                            Had a hearty LOL at the banner headline yesterday though
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Had actually assumed it was too simple a question to google, but apparently not. seems there's some debate about whether or not to peel it, but generally you should peel. Had thought they wouldn't sell it with that casing unless like sausages it was edible.
                                                              Depends on the type and quality. The stuff with the very dry paperish outer I'd peel, good spanish stuff is good to go.

I've been more or less not eating any meat except fish for a couple of years and the only thing I ever miss or get a longing for is good Chorizo.
                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 10-10-11, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                I am forced by an accident of birth to buy that rag for my Father every week, I ask them to put it in a plain brown paper bag for me for fear that I'd be seen in public with it.
                                                                wow paper must be shite if an old man would be embarrassed to buy this, yet would prob walk with a spring in his step while reading "18 with big tities" up the main street of said local town

Comment

bit too liberal for ye?

Comment

Solution, go to a decent newsagent, pick a PORNO mag to taste (eg Hotties over 60) then buy da Independant, pay for both, , place Indo into Porno mag and walk out of shop whistling 'party on' by Damien Dempsey

Comment

Had actually assumed it was too simple a question to google, but apparently not. seems there's some debate about whether or not to peel it, but generally you should peel. Had thought they wouldn't sell it with that casing unless like sausages it was edible.
                                                                      i just never liked the tought of eating that papery type skin.
                                                                      the wife used to peel her sausages

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                        i just never liked the tought of eating that papery type skin.
                                                                        the wife used to peel her sausages
                                                                        Pics or GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                          Phil Collins.
                                                                          Is it true he quit music because nobody liked him or have I been levelled?

Was listening to some of his stuff on the journey home on friday for the first time in ages, you forget how great he is.

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
                                                                          You know that you can boost your pro really easy in this one, all you have to do is go into settings.. cpu/user customisation and fiddle about.. set it on world clas too.

Don't know if I love or hate FIFA12.

The tackling is hard, but I found that just jockeying and using x will work as well as using O like in previous years. Can't use legacy defending online for some reason which is annoying. If you can defend well you will crush at FIFA12.

The passing is a bit shit to be honest. When you are trying to make that final pass it rarely goes to where you want. Through balls are not worth using unless you have an acre of space, X everything or just play one twos.

The server for PS3 is really annoying, I can't play Ultimate Team games.. well I can but I get marked as a loss , don't get coins and my players get contracts taken from them. Also can't do the challenges. It's a pity as I'm running really well in Ultimate team, already have gotten IF Higuain, Ozil, Eto'o etc out of packs
                                                                          I've only started playing FIFA 11 online in the last week or so, what is the story with the Ultimate Team mode? I've started it and played a few games and stuff, but I have pretty much no idea what's going on!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                            Hmmm Cox in for Keane tomorrow and not Long.
                                                                            /Awaits funny reply to this

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                              Solution, go to a decent newsagent, pick a PORNO mag to taste (eg Hotties over 60) then buy da Independant, pay for both, , place Indo into Porno mag and walk out of shop whistling 'party on' by Damien Dempsey
                                                                              Reverse of this?
                                                                              Woody Allen's original skit that has been ripped off by so many shows and sitcoms. It shows the genius of this true original. Fielding Mellish's exit is pric...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                Is it true he quit music because nobody liked him or have I been levelled?
                                                                                I fervently hope this is true.
                                                                                Was listening to some of his stuff on the journey home on friday for the first time in ages, you forget how great he is.
                                                                                If you're liking Phil Collins I feel bad for you, son.
                                                                                I got 99 albums but his hits ain't one.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                    spoiler
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    Where do you think it will go from here, according to wiki theres 16 episodes to come in season 5, i dont know what to expect now i was thinking Jesse was going to become Gus's right-hand man until now, wheres Mike btw, great character imo. Thought Gus was after entering terminator status also.
                                                                                    Breaking Bad

SPOILER

I think it would have been a satisfying ending to the whole show but so much material still for another season. Mike is recovering from getting shot so when he resurfaces who knows what way he will want to play it.

Walt/Jesse are after killing a guy in Gus who the Cartel wouldn't even touch because of his connections so interesting to see if anything comes from that.

Is it kind of implied that someone may have been watching Jesse/Walt on the rooftop with the camera angle ?

Will Walt want to return to suburbia or try and replace Gus on the ladder ?

Opr

Comment

Central Banker Patrick Honahan is a believable source.
                                                                                      are you fucking serious?

Honohan is a tool of the highest order

evidence part the first: the first set of stress tests. You remember, the ones that 'drew a line in the sand' under our banking systems and said that no further recapitalisations would be required. The ones that turned out to be grossly inadequate? I wonder who signed off on them?

The best you can say about Honohan is that he's not as big an idiot as his predecessor.

Comment

Breaking Bad

SPOILER
                                                                                        How is Walt doing financially? Has he not run through most of his cash?

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                          Afraid to say it in public?!
                                                                                          Something like that

I'm just nodding politely and listening to the bleating......
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            are you fucking serious?

Honohan is a tool of the highest order

evidence part the first: the first set of stress tests. You remember, the ones that 'drew a line in the sand' under our banking systems and said that no further recapitalisations would be required. The ones that turned out to be grossly inadequate? I wonder who signed off on them?

The best you can say about Honohan is that he's not as big an idiot as his predecessor.
                                                                                            Ah the public sector trinner economists have to watch each others backs!!
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Don't waste your 6K posts on the goaders HH. Afternoon boobies instead.

Comment

Don't see much wrong with that property price article. There is a minimum value to property that we will eventually reach. Central Banker Patrick Honahan is a believable source.
                                                                                                The minimum value in the article is based on historic building costs. Building costs are down >30% and will fall further once benefits in this country get trimmed, trimmed again and finally properly cut.

That and the fact that no sane non state run bank is going to lend money (and the state ones are just limping along) are just two glaring holes in the article.

What the article does show is that we are still a long way from capitulation which is what should really be of interest to a man of your economic specialisation.

Comment

This aggression will not stand,man.
                                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

McGuinness got hijacked today in Athlone by a son of an Guard murdered as part of the Don Tidey fiasco. Asking himas Chief of Staff of the IRA at the time of the Murder to name his Fathers killers. On the audio you can hear him mumbling denials , pictures should be fun to watch.

Comment

The thoughts some poor unfortunates are gonna buy a house on the back of that article depresses me
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

McGuinness got hijacked today in Athlone by a son of an Guard murdered as part of the Don Tidey fiasco. Asking himas Chief of Staff of the IRA at the time of the Murder to name his Fathers killers. On the audio you can hear him mumbling denials , pictures should be fun to watch.
                                                                                                        good enough for him

this sort of thing will break his campaign

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            The thoughts some poor unfortunates are gonna buy a house on the back of that article depresses me
                                                                                                            you might get the odd fuckwit who still has their head firmly stuck up their own arse - but thankfully for such people the banks aren't giving out any dinero

it's like 2005 in mirror images

Comment

Pay €2 for a paper. Each view in it is probably worth less then 0.5c each (assuming they are worth anything) and then go and make a ~250k investment on the back of it. My sympathies are very very small......

Comment

I'm fighting an overwhelming urge to say 'Shut the fuck up Danny'

SPOILER
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'm fighting an overwhelming urge to say 'Shut the fuck up Danny'
                                                                                                                  he has to ask you what a pederast is first

Comment

...

Comment

pfft porn is like sooooo 90s.

Continuing from last night's topic, bacon is where the internet is now at

mmm Bacon Krispy Kreme Doughnut burgers:

I'm pretty sure that'd cause my arteries to clog just by looking at it for too long

Comment

Dylan Moran did a most excellent segmant of his set last night at Vicar Street on the presidential candidates. Dana in particular got a hammering.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X