This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    so just let form speak for itself, clearly on WC form O'Gara is the starting 10.

but....don't fuck your team and your manager over in the media; that sort of shit might be acceptable in soccer but definitely not in rugby
    As I noted, Haters gonna Hate. Love the straws that are being clutched here given that O' Gara has turned up to this WC like a man possessed. You're essentially watching one of the great personal come backs in Irish Sporting history (up there with O'Sullivan in 2000), and you guys can only whine about a couple of lines in an interview when he was obviously blinded by emotion. To each his own I guess, but something wonderful is happening here and you're letting it pass you by.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

lol @ Dana:

Originally posted by Dana's Twitter
      Looking forward to meeting Jedward tonight, such lovely boys, we have so much in common

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        As I noted, Haters gonna Hate. Love the straws that are being clutched here given that O' Gara has turned up to this WC like a man possessed. You're essentially watching one of the great personal come backs in Irish Sporting history (up there with O'Sullivan in 2000), and you guys can only whine about a couple of lines in an interview when he was obviously blinded by emotion. To each his own I guess, but something wonderful is happening here and you're letting it pass you by.
        I think he knew exactly what he was doing and I think it was a disgrace. Would love to get some uncensored views from within the camp as to what they thought of it.

as Tony Ward (a man who knows a lot more about being in a scrap for the No. 10 shirt than we do) said:

He was wrong to say what he did when he did
        end of

As said above, in rugby form terms starting him vs Italy is a no-brainer. I hope he runs the show, kicks all his penalties and we stuff them!
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
          who's the chick in the pink???
          Mary Davis.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          lol @ Dana:
          Please tell me she hasn't got a twin. :-/
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Guinness, Spaten, Budvar, Morgans, Flirtini (?), Mojitos, Champagne, ??.

Feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Comment

I think he knew exactly what he was doing and I think it was a disgrace. Would love to get some uncensored views from within the camp as to what they thought of it.

as Tony Ward (a man who knows a lot more about being in a scrap for the No. 10 shirt than we do) said:

end of

As said above, in rugby form terms starting him vs Italy is a no-brainer. I hope he runs the show, kicks all his penalties and we stuff them!
              If everyone in sports gave interviews like ROG sport wouldn't be so shit so much of the time.

I do believe he "knew what he was doing", but I also believe he almost entirely said stuff he genuinely thinks is true. I don't think it will have any negative impact on the team either so no big whoop.

Comment

Hi guy's in the middle of reading that Kill everyone book, thanks to the people that hooked me up, it refers alot to a book called "Kill Phil"

Again i'm going to ask if our cousin's have it???

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Guinness, Spaten, Budvar, Morgans, Flirtini (?), Mojitos, Champagne, ??.

Feel like I've been hit by a truck.
                  get it all in before baby arrives, you'll feel like you've been hit by a truck (that then reversed back over you) every day! Got 5 hours uninterrupted sleep last night, record.

Comment

Yeah that was the thought process that kept me pouring it into me!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cliffs on ROG interview? Can't listen to it at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                          Finbar Fury CD () from mum for the birthday. She was asking me how it was and I said (having not even opened the case) 'its really good, really different to his earlier stuff'. Actually went on for a few minutes about it. She's coming over in few hours to look after baby while we go out shopping, and was saying she would listen to his new music while she is here. So just got the CD out to turn it on and actually listen to the feckin thing and turns out there's no CD in the case - ffs!
                          LOL. It was so good you brought it to work with you and must have left it there???

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                              Cliffs on ROG interview? Can't listen to it at work.
                              I thought I should have started, I was awesome when I came on, you need balls to nail kicks like I did, I'm retiring after the RWC.

I think those were the salient points.

Comment

Finbar Fury CD () from mum for the birthday. She was asking me how it was and I said (having not even opened the case) 'its really good, really different to his earlier stuff'. Actually went on for a few minutes about it. She's coming over in few hours to look after baby while we go out shopping, and was saying she would listen to his new music while she is here. So just got the CD out to turn it on and actually listen to the feckin thing and turns out there's no CD in the case - ffs!
                                Check-mate, well played mum.
                                She knew there was no cd in the case, beg for forgiveness immediately.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Yore Ma has a sense of humour and is totally taking the piss IMO
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

LOL to people who think ROG is been selected because of an interview, yes Declan Kidney who has basically won every trophy in the Northern Hemisphere that he has contested was influenced by an interview, ffs give the guy a bit of credit. ROG is playing because he is the best man for the job at hand, we are in a unique position of having two world class outhalves and regardless of Sunday mornings performance I expect Sexton to start against Wales (all things going to plan obv), horses for courses and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                      So O'Gara's mindgames appear to be working. Starting 10 spot against Italy goes to O'Gara.
                                      he'd better fucking perform after that disgraceful interview after the Oz game

knowing him, he probably will of course
                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      LOLloyd thinks that the reason ROG is starting is to do with his penalty kicking... or did BK hijack your account.
                                      As Tom says its about the Way we play on Sunday and not about strike rate in converting penalties.

There's the door lads. Deserves his spot no arguements

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        I thought I should have started, I was awesome when I came on, you need balls to nail kicks like I did, I'm retiring after the RWC.

I think those were the salient points.
                                        its hard to come on and win a game like he did - he might have let the big heart spill over but he's an emotional guy.

Comment

Comment

@ The Hurricane

You can be such a nasty prick at times. I was reading what you said about the dole. You make it sound like all people WANT to be on the dole.

I was made redundant while on Maternity leave, pretty unlucky I guess. After my maternity money ran our before the baby was 9 months I had no choice to go on the dole as there was nothing around and I ACTUALLY wanted to enjoy a bit of time at home with the baby as I know she is my last.

I looked about for suitable work and found none this year. I hated going to sign on every month and I hated queuing in the post office each week. I have never been out of work in my life. Only ever had time off on Maternity leave.

You have a very low opinion of people who don't work. I hope your job is always there for you and you don't need to sign on as I doubt you would get one bit of sympathy of some.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                              Think it was Zuroph before who mentioned something about repairing electric showers.

Have a triton one (about 10 years old I'm guessing) in the house I'm renting and this morning it would not heat the water beyond lukewarm. Anything I could look at myself? Something like a heating element or thermostat busto perhaps?
                                              Megatron seems to know his stuff about electrical stuff

Comment

Oh and I am no longer on the dole anyway.. since I am studying. But I am sure that aint good enough for you

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                  LOL to people who think ROG is been selected because of an interview, yes Declan Kidney who has basically won every trophy in the Northern Hemisphere that he has contested was influenced by an interview, ffs give the guy a bit of credit. ROG is playing because he is the best man for the job at hand, we are in a unique position of having two world class outhalves and regardless of Sunday mornings performance I expect Sexton to start against Wales (all things going to plan obv), horses for courses and all that.
                                                  That should apply to the rest of the team then, shouldnt it. Trimble is in better form and fit the bill better against Italy than Earls. Reddan too over Murray.

Comment

off down to the nearest shopping center and rebuy the CD.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                      @ The Hurricane

You can be such a nasty prick at times. I was reading what you said about the dole. You make it sound like all people WANT to be on the dole.

I was made redundant while on Maternity leave, pretty unlucky I guess. After my maternity money ran our before the baby was 9 months I had no choice to go on the dole as there was nothing around and I ACTUALLY wanted to enjoy a bit of time at home with the baby as I know she is my last.

I looked about for suitable work and found none this year. I hated going to sign on every month and I hated queuing in the post office each week. I have never been out of work in my life. Only ever had time off on Maternity leave.

You have a very low opinion of people who don't work. I hope your job is always there for you and you don't need to sign on as I doubt you would get one bit of sympathy of some.

/rant
                                                      You're forgetting to apply the taxi driver filter to his posts.
                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                        There's the door lads. Deserves his spot no arguements
                                                        I don't think anyone was disputing that

it's the 'I'm the man' bullshit interview that people have issues with

I reckon it all goes back to this:

Comment

I was made redundant while on Maternity leave, pretty unlucky I guess.
                                                          That's terrible. It's nigh on impossible to sack a woman who is out on maternity leave. You pretty much need to prove it's not because she is on maternity leave.

Comment

also: is Luke Fitz doing the timewarp in this picture?

Comment

That should apply to the rest of the team then, shouldnt it. Trimble is in better form and fit the bill better against Italy than Earls. Reddan too over Murray.
                                                              I can't really say much about the Earls/Trimble issue because it's hard to separate them, but I definitely think Murray is a good call against Italy with the size of him, particularly with ROG and his suspect tackling beside him in the ten channel.

Comment

who's the chick in the pink???
                                                                Careful now

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Id have no qualms about anyone drawing the dole - you pay a decent chunk of tax for most of your life so you are entitled to it imo

I do think there should be a limit to the amount of time you can be on it though - maybe 2 years

* runs away to hide

Comment

I don't think anyone was disputing that

it's the 'I'm the man' bullshit interview that people have issues with

I reckon it all goes back to this:

What's the problem!?

Comment

That's terrible. It's nigh on impossible to sack a woman who is out on maternity leave. You pretty much need to prove it's not because she is on maternity leave.
                                                                      It was only because she closed down herself. There were only the two of us and business was taking a huge downturn.

Comment

No place in Rugby for Soloists.

I like and respect ROG and I'm glad he's starting this game.
                                                                        I'd defer to the likes of V, Emmet and Sickpuppy on this but my thinking is that the reason he is picking ROG is that for this game is that the strategy is going to be to try and keep the play well inside their half by kicking into the corners at every available opportunity.

Comment

Why Earls?? I would say Earls is playing better than Darcy and Bowe, but yes I agree Trimble has been unlucky. As for Murray over Reddan, very little in it really and Decie does like to play partnerships i.e. Rog and Murray or Sexton and Reddan.

I see from your last two posts now you have questioned the inclusion of ROG, Murray and Earls ummm provincial loyalties clouding judgement perhaps.

Comment

Theres actually a really interesting conumdrum here if (when hopefully) ROG does the business against Italy can Kidney drop him for the Wales game? I know Im looking a bit far ahead but that could be the call that decides our tournament

Comment

Id have no qualms about anyone drawing the dole - you pay a decent chunk of tax for most of your life so you are entitled to it imo

I do think there should be a limit to the amount of time you can be on it though - maybe 2 years

* runs away to hide
                                                                              I agree with you there to a point. In some areas there are virtually no jobs, like very rural areas. But people who just sit on the dole with no intention of bettering themselves at all should be made to do something.

Years ago when I was changing jobs I had a week in between. Did I rest? no, I took a temping job for the week as I didn't want to stop working!

Comment

Anyone familiar with this Theresa Tracey story?
                                                                                Jailed for contempt of court for not allowing ESB to run overland cables on her land.
                                                                                She refused the deal offered (€150k) and her neighbours didnt.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Why Earls?? I would say Earls is playing better than Darcy and Bowe, but yes I agree Trimble has been unlucky. As for Murray over Reddan, very little in it really and Decie does like to play partnerships i.e. Rog and Murray or Sexton and Reddan.

I see from your last two posts now you have questioned the inclusion of ROG, Murray and Earls ummm provincial loyalties clouding judgement perhaps.
                                                                                  No, not at all. I'd be all for dropping Darcy if we had a viable replacement and any other player if it's based on merit.

Comment

Theres actually a really interesting conumdrum here if (when hopefully) ROG does the business against Italy can Kidney drop him for the Wales game? I know Im looking a bit far ahead but that could be the call that decides our tournament
                                                                                    Sexton will definitely play against Wales unless there's an injury or something IMO.

Comment

To give The Hurricane the benefit of the doubt (should I be even doing this? ), I'm guessing that he didn't really mean to target ALL people drawing the dole as being good-for-nothings who hang around in the bookies all the time, just those who have made surviving on the dole / welfare state benefits a lifestyle choice and have no interest in improving their situation.

I notice this online and IRL all the time, people give out about those 'on the dole' being wasters and layabouts, when they're only really talking about those who were living off benefits throughout the Celtic Tiger and have no real interest in getting a job or paying tax, they aren't thinking about all the people (the majority of those on the dole right now for sure) who just can't find a job and need it to put food on the table. Some new term should be used for the former, rather than just 'dole-hounds' or whatever, which is too all encompassing and prejorative against all those signed on.

Comment

No place in Rugby for Soloists.

I like and respect ROG and I'm glad he's starting this game.
                                                                                        I'd defer to the likes of V, Emmet and Sickpuppy on this but my thinking is that the reason he is picking ROG is that for this game is that the strategy is going to be to try and keep the play well inside their half by kicking into the corners at every available opportunity.
                                                                                        Spot on, it really has fcuk all to do with anything other than horse's for course's, We will play the territory game and Italy as is their want will cough up penalties, now anyone who wouldnt prefer ROG to be both kicking for territory and attepmting to convert said penalties is deluded.

Comment

Reddan is from Limerick and Trimble is a Nordie

I wouldn't leave out Earls for Trimble, he does have that X-factor to his game and what you sacrifice in defensive solidity is more than made up for by his attacking ability.

Murray is more of an interesting one but we'll know more by breakfast time on Sunday. I'll give Deccie the benefit of the doubt here but looks like a 'horses for courses' job, Reddan is probably still the No. 1 overall but Murray is the future.

Comment

No, not at all. I'd be all for dropping Darcy if we had a viable replacement and any other player if it's based on merit.
                                                                                            Plenty of viable replacements IMO, Darcy is still pretty solid defensively but offers nothing going forward anymore, the man has played an awful lot of Rugby at the top level, that said he had a reasonable game against Austraila but we never looked like threatining the whitewash in that game.

Comment

It was only because she closed down herself. There were only the two of us and business was taking a huge downturn.
                                                                                              Very unfortunate.

Comment

Reddan is from Limerick and Trimble is a Nordie

I wouldn't leave out Earls for Trimble, he does have that X-factor to his game and what you sacrifice in defensive solidity is more than made up for by his attacking ability.

Murray is more of an interesting one but we'll know more by breakfast time on Sunday. I'll give Deccie the benefit of the doubt here but looks like a 'horses for courses' job, Reddan is probably still the No. 1 overall but Murray is the future.
                                                                                                Reddan may be from Limerick but he is now one of the other crowd and they see him as one of theirs

Comment

Reddan may be from Limerick but he is now one of the other crowd and they see him as one of theirs
                                                                                                  sure Sexton's ma is from Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                    a bureau de change?
                                                                                                    I hope not.
                                                                                                    twitter
                                                                                                    moneybookers

Comment

sure Sexton's ma is from Kerry
                                                                                                      If you gave him a round ball he'd probably score them all then.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                        To give The Hurricane the benefit of the doubt (should I be even doing this? ), I'm guessing that he didn't really mean to target ALL people drawing the dole as being good-for-nothings who hang around in the bookies all the time, just those who have made surviving on the dole / welfare state benefits a lifestyle choice and have no interest in improving their situation.

I notice this online and IRL all the time, people give out about those 'on the dole' being wasters and layabouts, when they're only really talking about those who were living off benefits throughout the Celtic Tiger and have no real interest in getting a job or paying tax, they aren't thinking about all the people (the majority of those on the dole right now for sure) who just can't find a job and need it to put food on the table. Some new term should be used for the former, rather than just 'dole-hounds' or whatever, which is too all encompassing and prejorative against all those signed on.
                                                                                                        He should make that more clear then

Comment

Deadly post on boards here imo:

With ROG starting, I think they had to go with Murray. It simply makes sense on the type of game Reddan tends to play and the type of game Murray tends to play. Whether Murray is ready or experienced enough for it is another matter but, purely based on the merits of their respective strengths, I'm completely happy to see Murray get the nod. Sexton and Reddan are strawberries and cream. ROG and Murray are peas and carrots. Nobody wants to look at their plate and see peas and cream. [/bizarreanalogy]

Comment

Hey, I'll tell ya what... never mind who starts or finishes, I'm sick excited about this game already.

Comment

He should make that more clear then
                                                                                                              Defo - people are too lazy when throwing around generalised insults / complaints, guess it is the nature of the beast, you'll always hear people giving out about Northsiders / travellers / foreigners / aliens / zombies / etc and may have some interesting points, which are totally negated by the use of the generalisation! It is easier to say 'travellers' rather than 'the minority of the traveller community that engage in criminal and anti-social behaviour', or whatever. Takes a little longer to write but it would be helpful if we all did it when giving out!

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                Bahahaha!

around the 3.45 mark, these people are full of drink and and fully educated... our future, there going to be solicitors and doctors....
                                                                                                                Erm no they're not, They're going to WIT.

Are they seriously asking the students not to drink and party? There is a whole economy based around this in Waterford.

We dont mind if they have a drink for a 21st... Lollers.

TBF, on the other hand then, you really have to question the wisdom of having student accommodation in a residential neighbourhood, or is it the other way round? surely being adjacent to the IT would have implied the suitably of the houses for family use?

Why not put all the students in the houses at the front of the estate, and proper homes at the back, so the students dont have to journey past family homes at night?

I always wondered why planners put the social housing at the rear of the estate, whereby the inhabitants generally ruin the whole place from back to front.

(Gets down off horse )
                                                                                                                It wasnt built as student accommodation but i guess the more the economy went down the more students started filtering in.
                                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                  Defo - people are too lazy when throwing around generalised insults / complaints, guess it is the nature of the beast, you'll always hear people giving out about Northsiders / travellers / foreigners / aliens / zombies / etc and may have some interesting points, which are totally negated by the use of the generalisation! It is easier to say 'travellers' rather than 'the majority of the traveller community that engage in criminal and anti-social behaviour', or whatever. Takes a little longer to write but it would be helpful if we all did it when giving out!
                                                                                                                  FYP

Comment

I find the Sexton ROG debates really intriguing, because for one it goes much deeper than a game of rugby, and is also one of the clearest examples of how subjective the vast majority of sports fans opinions are.

V4V deserves a lot of credit for how well he can leave personal preferences/emotions aside and imo consistantly gives the most accurate and objective insight on rugby on this forum.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 30-09-11, 11:54.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Hey, I'll tell ya what... never mind who starts or finishes, I'm sick excited about this game already.
                                                                                                                      here's something that'll get you even more excited, hard-core porn just for you actually

you can thank me later

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                        Oh dear,none of the culprits sound like they're from Waterford though.

12:00 on is gold.
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                        Yep, lot of Wexford sound coming from them.
                                                                                                                        4 minutes to about 6 minutes is all of us culchies

The guy who wanted to be quoted that they are all a "pain in the hole" and "get off my land" is in my class in 4th year and is from Wicklow. That house is opur main party house lol

It's war down there at the moment. There's supposedly guys coming down from Dublin next week to "sort us out." You can't go outside the door past 10pm without getting surrounded by a swarm of residents threatening you, questioning you and stuff.

Its not that bad tho. Parts of the estate should be kicked out obviously but we're not the worst. None of us have ever arrested or nothing as drunk as we have been
                                                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Hi guy's in the middle of reading that Kill everyone book, thanks to the people that hooked me up, it refers alot to a book called "Kill Phil"

Again i'm going to ask if our cousin's have it???

Thank You
                                                                                                                          Any chance of passing the one you have on this way? Would be interested in reading it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X