Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<The way I prefer my steak cooked is more manly than the ridiculous and frankly fruity way you favour your steak to be cooked>

Let's move on.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        Yep definitely - get to the point quicker and improve vocal variety is spot on. Hadn't realised any of that academic training had had an effect, but clearly did - ffs! That should actually be fun to learn though.
        Where abouts do I skip to?

It's Tuesday's? Part 1 or 2?

hmmm, how come I can't skip through the podcast. Their site is a bit poo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
          His interpretation of the music is super

Comment

Is old age so bad after all (although I'm only in da 40s) I place a fairly tame joke I stole from the ol Auntys FB and place a disclaimer (regarding it's tameness) This ol fella? gets slagged, fair nuff. Nicky posts a pice of bread with a dick and the masses love it. Methinks I'm happier to be old, from hence forth I shall embrace it. Old jibes this way. I shall read them after my 5 a side game this evening. :-P

as for Steak, I don't see the point in going to a restaurant and not having your steak RARE, I like a piece of fillet and select a nice wine that washes it down

so rare fillet for me. >>>any other

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
              Is old age so bad after all (although I'm only in da 40s) I place a fairly tame joke I stole from the ol Auntys FB and place a disclaimer (regarding it's tameness) This ol fella? gets slagged, fair nuff. Nicky posts a pice of bread with a dick and the masses love it. Methinks I'm happier to be old, from hence forth I shall embrace it. Old jibes this way. I shall read them after my 5 a side game this evening. :-P

as for Steak, I don't see the point in going to a restaurant and not having your steak RARE, I like a piece of fillet and select a nice wine that washes it down

so rare fillet for me. >>>any other
              But your joke wasn't funny

and it was an orange peel, not a piece of bread!

Comment

Comment

Havent read the thread so might have been mentioned but Jamie Spencer was in the fitz last night and tipped Gabriel the Great in the first at Newcastle today.

Looks very skinny to me at 2/1 but thought I would mention it.

Comment

jesus, they're still on about steaks

if you're buying cheaper\less flavoursome meat, this is yer only man:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                      First off it has to be said Coleman is a terrible radio host and ruins every topic he touches.
                      ^^this

he's also a fairly fundamentalist Catholic nutjob by all accounts (watch for him bigging up Gay Mitchell for prez)

HH, if you get invited on again and he starts talking over you, just keep working the phrase 'the best is yet to come' into every sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        I am going to start a 'Ask me anything about meat' thread later today.
                        Whats the best way to cook Bacon?

Comment

sweetbreads, yay or nay?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            But your joke wasn't funny

and it was an orange peel, not a piece of bread!
                            hence the disclaimer.

anyways it gave me a wee giggle.

Comment

wow just seen from the main page

Currently Active Users: 106 (31 members and 75 guests)

75 lurkers???? log on get involved people!!!

Comment

Steak from a can, is this the best idea ever???

Comment

If you had to eat a part of Scarlett Johanson, what part would be the tasiest?

Comment

If you could be a piece of meat,what would you be and would you eat yourself?
                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                      wow just seen from the main page

75 lurkers???? log on get involved people!!!
                                      might have something to do with jessemay me thinks!
                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        jesus, they're still on about steaks

if you're buying cheaper\less flavoursome meat, this is yer only man:

Hacked?

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                          Hacked?
                                          No, I'll get you a jar of it if you like.

It will cost you approximately €1.10 though. Particularly good on chops.

Comment

No, I'll get you a jar of it if you like.

It will cost you approximately €1.10 though. Particularly good on chops.
                                            Confirmed hacked.

Comment

A series of long exposure shots of San Fran Airport here
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

garda stops a man at 1.30 in the morning and asks him where he was going. the man said I am going to a lecture on the abusives of alcahol and what it does to the body. Really says the garda and who at this time of the nite would be giving this lecture to which the man replies The Wife

just heard it on the pat kenny show.
                                                http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Question for the people clued in on politics and whatnot:

Martin McGuinness was on the Ray D'Arcy show this morning talking about the fact that he contested his first election almost 30 years ago, essentially saying "Grand, I used to be in the IRA, but I've been doing things the right way for a long time".

What's the real story, or at least the cliff notes on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Martin McGuinness was on the Ray D'Arcy show this morning talking about the fact that he contested his first election almost 30 years ago, essentially saying "Grand, I used to be in the IRA, but I've been doing things the right way for a long time".

In a Nutshell he is the Nelson Mandela of Irish politics.

Comment

Excellent Idea!

Mr. Disclosure is a Twitter bot that will tweet every time a person directly invested in, or with a firm invested in, a startup talks about that company without disclosing their relationship. When you follow this account, you will know if any of the people you follow has forgotten to disclose his or her relationship to a certain company. If they include #investor in their tweet, the bot will not tweet.
                                                      I created Mr. Disclosure to encourage better behavior. After I read a recent “best of tech” piece in a certain article where the author failed to mention they were invested in a lot of the companies mentioned, I was worried that I, like many others, would fail to spot conflicts of interest when they happened.
                                                      I do believe that if you tweet about a one of your portfolio companies, you have a responsibility to disclose your affiliation to that organization.
                                                      This bot is maintained by Andy Cheung. At the moment I’m only tracking a very limited number of people and companies, but that list is growing daily. If I’m missing either a person or a company they are invested in, please request it in the Ask me anything. You can find me at @whereandy

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                        In a Nutshell he is the Nelson Mandela of Irish politics.
                                                        So I'm led to believe, yes.

From this we can extrapolate that Strewelpeter is, in fact, pro-Apartheid?

Comment

So I'm led to believe, yes.

From this we can extrapolate that Strewelpeter is, in fact, pro-Apartheid?
                                                          A lot of his generation old people can have racist tendencies, so I would say yes he is pro-Apartheid .

Comment

Strewel is a self confessed,self loathing,Westbrit.

Comment

Still locked here. Salon is nicer then L'Ecrivain, although the service would bring them level.
                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Comment

Anyone here ever been on the Orient Express? Trip report appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                    Anyone here ever been on the Orient Express? Trip report appreciated
                                                                    There was murder on it the time I went.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Not biting.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Not biting.
                                                                            Damn.

Comment

Random related factoid: Agatha Christie's 'And Then There Were None' is the third bestselling book of all time. How did that happen?!
                                                                              Must also have some sort of record for being renamed twice for reasons of political correctness.
                                                                              Was originally Ten Little Niggers from initial publication until the 1960s, then they realised that was a bit dodgy and renamed it to Ten Little Indians, until that became a controversial title as well.

Comment

Random related factoid: Agatha Christie's 'And Then There Were None' is the third bestselling book of all time. How did that happen?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books
                                                                                Really? I know her play 'The Mousetrap' holds the record for the longest unbroken run.

I think that's the play where the cliche 'the butler did it' originates.Before the days of spoiler tags,playful wags leaving the theatre would whisper to those waiting in line for the next show.Ee gad.

Comment

he was Chief of Staff of the IRA's Army Council for ~ 30 years

they haven't killed anyone for a while so wp on that score

Comment

Not biting.
                                                                                    My question was genuine FWIW - I don't know anything about the Troubles at a deeper than pop-culture level, and I'm interested in knowing what the politician:criminal ratio* would be like over the last 30 years of McGuinness' career.

*Pun intended.

Comment

Not biting.
                                                                                      no teeth

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                        Still locked here. Salon is nicer then L'Ecrivain, although the service would bring them level.
                                                                                        full TR please

you too Iago

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                          http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

I also met Gerry Adams at a trad gig in the unitarian church last night, he was down to watch the amazing Cormac Breatnach

Comment

"Saria's Song (Lost Woods Theme)" from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time played on glass beer bottles.Watch my last video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...

Comment

...

Comment

My question was genuine FWIW - I don't know anything about the Troubles at a deeper than pop-culture level, and I'm interested in knowing what the politician:criminal ratio* would be like over the last 30 years of McGuinness' career.

*Pun intended.

McGuinness was Head Honcho Generalissimo Aide de Camp Quartermaster Major Corporal Punishment High Pooh Bah of the IRA since 1971 and continued to give orders as such right through the peace process. He was also a Shinner representative during this time.
                                                                                                  They haven't gone away you know.
                                                                                                  Mostly they have gone away actually and are unlikely to come back. Because they were never anything other than a criminal gang and criminals being criminal they haven't managed to hang on to enough of the money they had in reserve for restarting the violence when things stopped going their way.

I'm not buying the argument that its hypocritical that I can have him as a senior politician in the North but not here. I would be even more vocal in opposition to the likes of Mary Lou or that fool ye keep electing down in Kerry.
                                                                                                  If the argument does have any weight then I'm a hypocrite but in the North I would continue to oppose both them and the DUP in their efforts to institutionalise sectarianism which is I believe storing up trouble for the future. It would appear though to be the democratic will of the people to do this and also it appears that it is somehow necessary for the peace process to continue to move.

Comment

he was Chief of Staff of the IRA's Army Council for ~ 30 years

they haven't killed anyone for a while so wp on that score
                                                                                                    More like ten years but thats not the point I guess.

What happened in Northern Ireland was not something anyone who didnt live their at the time can ever comprehend or fullky understand, McGuinness was involved in trench warfare fighting for a cause he believed in against a sectarian, bigoted and cruel enemy.

Remember Martin McGuinness was from the area of Derry city where bloody sunday happened, he knew each and everyone of the victims or their families, can anyone here honestly say how they would have reacted to such an atrosity, the phrase if you cant beat them join them comes to mind!

Yes McGuinness was involved in terrorist activity and rose very quickly to the top of the IRA and served time for the cause, but he was to the fore of the republican ceasefire movement and was a leading figure in the GFA, if the likes of David Trimble and Ian Paisley saw it fit enough to leave the past in the past and agree to share power with teh man then why on earth is he not good enough to be president of this god forsaken country, ans he is willing to do it for the average industrial wage.

He certainly has my vote for the above reasons and the fact that all other declared candidates have the collective political nous of a plank of wood.

Comment

*Pun intended.
                                                                                                      Up my way if you were ever daft enough to question/stand up to a shinner you were let know very quickly that they were one and the same, they would look at you with a mix of shock & I could have you shot you know

Balaclava wearing cunts whose voice you recognised sticking a bucket under your nose in pubs and not moving until you put money in it or told them fuck off et al

Then again, most of the country was probably the same,
                                                                                                      Kerry sinn fein stalls in tralee were still selling IRA t-shirts 5-6 years ago
                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 28-09-11, 11:32.

Comment

...

Comment

McGuinness was Head Honcho Generalissimo Aide de Camp Quartermaster Major Corporal Punishment High Pooh Bah of the IRA since 1971 and continued to give orders as such right through the peace process. He was also a Shinner representative during this time.
                                                                                                          What about currently do you think? Is he still up to his neck in the evil shit or has Sinn Féin legitimised itself to any extent at all in the last decade or so?

They haven't gone away you know.
                                                                                                          Mostly they have gone away actually and are unlikely to come back. Because they were never anything other than a criminal gang and criminals being criminal they haven't managed to hang on to enough of the money they had in reserve for restarting the violence when things stopped going their way.
                                                                                                          Is this how you would see Adams and McGuinness, or just their cronies?

Like, I wouldn't have thought that the two of them would have been interested in the idea of criminality for the sake of criminality, even if they weren't opposed to it when it suited their ends if you follow me...

I'm not buying the argument that its hypocritical that I can have him as a senior politician in the North but not here.
                                                                                                          Not sure what this means

I would be even more vocal in opposition to the likes of Mary Lou or that fool ye keep electing down in Kerry.
                                                                                                          Why more?

If the argument does have any weight then I'm a hypocrite but in the North I would continue to oppose both them and the DUP in their efforts to institutionalise sectarianism which is I believe storing up trouble for the future. It would appear though to be the democratic will of the people to do this and also it appears that it is somehow necessary for the peace process to continue to move.
                                                                                                          Cliffs?

Comment

full TR please
                                                                                                            I'm too hungover!

The usual breads came out, Guinness, cranberry, olive all amazing.

First thing they gave us was a fresh crab and cucumber jelly in a shot glass which was lovely

I had scallops for my starter which was meh, missing some flavor and the scallops were tiny.

Mate had Sweetcorn Velouté -Braised Oxtail, Hazlenut Praline, Truffle. That was amazing

Then out came the pallet cleanser which was a horseradish foam and beetroot sorbet which worked a treat.

The main I had Connemara Hill Lamb - Loin, Belly, Confit Wet Garlic, Girolle, Mustard Leaf which was the nicest lamb I've ever tasted and my mate had the Monkfish.

There was no sharing or tasting of the each others mains they were that nice.

For dessert we both had Pannacotta
                                                                                                            Yougurt, Blackcurrant & Elderflower Parfait, Yougurt Foam, Blackcurrent Sorbet. This was without a doubt the nicest desert I've ever had, very surprised by it.

Overall, it wasn't worth what they are charging. We had that menupages deal which just knocked €150 off the bill.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                Up my way if you were ever daft enough to question/stand up to a shinner you were let know very quickly that they were one and the same, they would look at you with a mix of shock & I could have you shot you know

Balaclava wearing cunts whose voice you recognised sticking a bucket under your nose in pubs and not moving until you put money in it or told them fuck off et al

Then again, most of the country was probably the same,
                                                                                                                Kerry sinn fein stalls in tralee were still selling IRA t-shirts 5-6 years ago
                                                                                                                I'd be amazed if they still weren't.

I think I'm on record on here as saying how much it tilts me listening to droolers from villages in Kerry beat their chests with the "Up the RA"/"Brits Out" shtick like they have the slightest idea of the intricacies of the situation in the North.

I'm not trolling asking about Sinn Féin et al, I genuinely don't know much about it and find it interesting - just in case I accidentally say something stupid/offensive through ignorance!

Comment

So I leave for England on Friday morning. Having been home for a few weeks, and looking for somewhere thats not Diceys/Coppers/ALT/Dtwo to venture to on a Saturday night and failing miserably. I'm sick of all these shitholes tbh, turning into an oulfella who'd prefer sit around a table with friends and just suck Guinness till closing tbh. Very tough to do any womanising in that scenario though, so have been forced into the above shitholes regularly since returning.

I leave Friday, and this starts Saturday. FML, the Village is a great spot.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                                                                                    I've killed many a book so

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Mc Guinness is the nut cunt imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I'm not trolling asking about Sinn Féin et al, I genuinely don't know much about it and find it interesting - just in case I accidentally say something stupid/offensive through ignorance!
                                                                                                                        Most people dont and that is the problem, I did not live in the North during the troubles either and can not claim to fully appreciate what it was like and so reserve judgement on either side, but I find it odd and hypocritical that we glorify such acts as the rising etc but dismiss anyone who was involved in the 70's and 80's as out and out criminals and murderers.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                          Mc Guinness is the nut cunt imo
                                                                                                                          You obviously havent studied the full ballot paper so!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X