X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know where you live now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      a bogman only needs 3 pairs of shoes max (not including specific ones like running shoes, football boots etc)

1. a pair of everyday shoes
      2. a pair of shoes for going out
      3. a really nice pair for special occasions
      fyp

us townies need more footwear

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
          hmm, just agreed to pay €1,450 for that Howth place that posted over the weekend.

< Insert happy, sad, or 'wtf am i doing' face? >
          Seems like a lot. I'd have thought 1000 would comfortably get a nice place for 2 soon to be 3 people on the northside. I didn't see the weekend post so not judging on the specifics of that place.

Edit: scratch that. I just looked it up. It's very high end so you are definitely getting something for your premium. Very nice indeed.
          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 30-06-11, 08:56.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              Just spent a good while rummaging through my badly placed clothes looking for an item of clothing. I'm not sure how you describe the piece of furniture that they live on, it has 4 shelves which the clothes go onto, but only 4 upright planks at its corners (i.e. no casing like a wardrobe). I have a unassembled wardrobe that I spent hundreds on sitting beside it for 2 years.

It's a messy system for having clothes on. I pulled off everything on the top 3 shelves searching. And I decided to separate and count as I put them all back. So not accounting for clothes that are the washing basket I have:

Shirts: 25
              Trousers: 25
              T-shirts: 37
              Socks: 37 pairs and 3 lonely hearts
              Boxers: 19 (seems worryingly low)
              Outer wear jackets / coats: 17
              Footwear (not on shelves but visible): 8
              Belts: 6
              An undetermined amount of sweaters / jumpers / fleeces and suits / blazers / ties stuff

I'm a little worried that my jackets might outbreed my underwear unless I either increase the population of the latter or initiate a cull of the former.

I put them all back and it looks the exact same mess. Oh, and apparently I don't have any of what I was looking for
              Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
              OMG Phenomenal list I take it you haven't thrown away anything since you were 18?
              Originally posted by K1NG View Post
              Wow. I use my spare bedroom as a wardrobe in itself, but this puts me even to shame.
              Originally posted by KK82 View Post
              Wow, that's an impressive wardrobe.. Certainly puts mine to shame.!
              Hmmm i obviously have far too many clothes so. Even after my last cleanout, bar the shirts, i have maybe double everything on hotspur's list (and 4 times the footwear) Another cleanout required when i get back from hols with a load more new stuff

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Mods,

Where do we ask questions about site decisions/ decisions that we dont agree with / lines you take that users dont agree with
                Either PM or post in the Bugs/Suggestion forum

Comment

Comment

a man only needs 3 pairs of shoes max (not including specific ones like running shoes, football boots etc)

1. a pair of everyday shoes
                    2. a pair of shoes for going out
                    3. a really nice pair for special occasions
                    This is incorrect.

Comment

I have what is called a floordrobe.

Thought I'd share a wee feelgood story. The eldest sister who has been at deaths door so often these past few years is currently in the National rehab centre . She is a double amputee and will be there for 6 weeks learning how to walk on new prostetic legs. She has had diabetes all her life and has had more than her share of incredible bad luck (which I won't go into ) would shame any bad beat moaner into silence. Anyway I drove the ol mother out to see her on Tuesday. The place and the staff are incredible, they have her working in the gym each day , which despite the toughness of it and her illness she is managing incredibly. Rather typical of her she has signed up to do a charity wheelchair race .
                      They have also found out that she is entitled to all kinds of allowances that she never claimed up to know including, a special quad bike (fancy electric wheelchair) and a 16k car allowance for a wheelchair accessable car. The staff take it as a personal failure if they do not prepare patients as best they can for the outside world. When I was there they were wheeling some poor guy in his bed outside to have a smoke in the sun.
                      The wheelchair gang (of about 12) hang around outside smoking like a group of hells angels and greet everyone coming into the building with some banter. It really is a feel good place despite all the hardship the people are going through in there. (some horrific stories) So for any of you people doing charity runs or walks cycles, I'd consider the National Rehab centre as a worthy Charity for your consideration. Obviously I haven't done it justice above but believe me it's a very uplifting place if you can park the shit bad luck of the people who are there in the 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        Seems like a lot. I'd have thought 1000 would comfortably get a nice place for 2 soon to be 3 people on the northside. I didn't see the weekend post so not judging on the specifics of that place.

Edit: scratch that. I just looked it up. It's very high end so you are definitely getting something for your premium. Very nice indeed.
                        The apartment Hitchy linked to would never have (at the moment anyhow) gone for close to €1,000 / mo, it is a really really nice place, big space, great location, great view. I thought that it would go for €1,400 / mo or thereabouts when I first looked at the link. And there are lots of people renting worse places for more, even in these times.

Comment

pwned.

@Andrew_Robl
                          Andrew Robl
                          Bobbys room: @DanBilzerian just called a 40k all in into a 10k pot, he had 2 outs. He won

Comment

And people in the aftermath of what I'm about to have done to me surgically in a few hours time.

On the clothes thing, I really had no point of reference or knowledge that that list was above average. I'm not a clothes or fashion guy in the least. I'm not good at throwing stuff out. Also shopping sucks, so I would never buy "a" pair of trousers, I would buy 3 or 4.

I'm close to pulling off a Zuroph, have to be up at 5:45. Am interested to hear what that poster he mentioned has to say for itself.
                            20 shirts
                            4 suits
                            3 pairs of trousers
                            4 pairs of jeans
                            20+ pairs of socks
                            10 briefs/boxers
                            3 pairs of shoes
                            3 pairs of runners
                            12 ties
                            4 sets of cufflinks
                            7 hoodies
                            15+ Sports/Gym T-Shirts
                            10 Sports Shorts
                            3 polo shirts
                            6 T-shirts

and a partridge in a pear tree

hhhhmmmmm..........now that I think about it I probably have too many clothes.
                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              Mods,

Where do we ask questions about site decisions/ decisions that we dont agree with / lines you take that users dont agree with
                              Suppose here would be the best place.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              64 is about a hundred. Was just going to put win+hem on it and then have a normal 1tb for my other programs, and then another 1tb for storage.
                              Why not just have the programs installed on the SSD and then all other files associated with the programs saved on the other drives? Try keep the SSD as free as possible.

Would like to hear what you think about it when you get it if you don't mind?
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Thought I'd share a wee feelgood story. The eldest sister who has been at deaths door so often these past few years is currently in the National rehab centre . She is a double amputee and will be there for 6 weeks learning how to walk on new prostetic legs. She has had diabetes all her life and has had more than her share of incredible bad luck (which I won't go into ) would shame any bad beat moaner into silence. Anyway I drove the ol mother out to see her on Tuesday. The place and the staff are incredible, they have her working in the gym each day , which despite the toughness of it and her illness she is managing incredibly. Rather typical of her she has signed up to do a charity wheelchair race .
                                They have also found out that she is entitled to all kinds of allowances that she never claimed up to know including, a special quad bike (fancy electric wheelchair) and a 16k car allowance for a wheelchair accessable car. The staff take it as a personal failure if they do not prepare patients as best they can for the outside world. When I was there they were wheeling some poor guy in his bed outside to have a smoke in the sun.
                                The wheelchair gang (of about 12) hang around outside smoking like a group of hells angels and greet everyone coming into the building with some banter. It really is a feel good place despite all the hardship the people are going through in there. (some horrific stories) So for any of you people doing charity runs or walks cycles, I'd consider the National Rehab centre as a worthy Charity for your consideration. Obviously I haven't done it justice above but believe me it's a very uplifting place if you can park the shit bad luck of the people who are there in the 1st place
                                My best friend broke his neck many years back while in the US on a summer visa. He was in the best hospitals in the states for months and eventually came back home to Ireland. He had to go to the National Rehab centre first for a few months. The hospitals in the States were like hotels, brand new with a full menu to choose from each day. When he saw Rehab he actually started crying. Looked so old and cold compared to US. First night, male nurse comes along and says "do you want chicken for dinner". Mate says "I used to have a menu in the states, is there any choice". Nurse says "ya, the choice is you either want chicken or you don't". They got on like a house on fire after that and he made so many great friends out there. Staff were sensational doing so much outside their official work. We only hear all the bad news about hospitals in Ireland, nice to hear the good things every so often.

Hope the sister has years of happiness ahead of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  Only the true Master of the Internet can help me now...
                                  I could get /b/ involved
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                    My best friend broke his neck many years back while in the US on a summer visa. He was in the best hospitals in the states for months and eventually came back home to Ireland. He had to go to the National Rehab centre first for a few months. The hospitals in the States were like hotels, brand new with a full menu to choose from each day. When he saw Rehab he actually started crying. Looked so old and cold compared to US. First night, male nurse comes along and says "do you want chicken for dinner". Mate says "I used to have a menu in the states, is there any choice". Nurse says "ya, the choice is you either want chicken or you don't". They got on like a house on fire after that and he made so many great friends out there. Staff were sensational doing so much outside their official work. We only hear all the bad news about hospitals in Ireland, nice to hear the good things every so often.

thanks. Careca..

I was making the point to the sister that a Hospital unfortunately just wants you out of there as soon as possible so the revolving door can keep turning , people are kept in there for as short a time is possible. I guess it's money at the end of the day, but the Rehab has a different vibe. Their goal is to make you feel human again, give you back your independance and offer as much support as you need I wouldn't put down anyone in the medical profession as it's the system that is the problem but these rehab people really don't look on it as a job, it's like a mission for them. One thing I liked was they told her, her bed is there for her for 12 months, if she is at home and can't cope she can book herself back in and they'll work out her problems/issues be they physical or mental. I couldn't really thank or admire them enough, teriffic people. . tbh

Comment

Shirts: 25
                                      Trousers: 25
                                      T-shirts: 37
                                      Socks: 37 pairs and 3 lonely hearts
                                      Boxers: 19 (seems worryingly low)
                                      Outer wear jackets / coats: 17
                                      Footwear (not on shelves but visible): 8
                                      Belts: 6
                                      An undetermined amount of sweaters / jumpers / fleeces and suits / blazers / ties stuff
                                      Those figures are terribly out of sync.
                                      Shirts (incl.casual shirts): 12
                                      Trousers incl jeans: 6
                                      T-shirts: 50+
                                      Socks: varies weekly, never more than 5 days worth at a time
                                      Boxers: somewhat similar, possibly a weeks worth available at any one time
                                      Outer wear jackets / coats: 3
                                      Footwear (not on shelves but visible): 3 pairs of runners, one pair of boots, one pair black shoes
                                      Belts: 2 (6???wtf?)
                                      An undetermined amount of sweaters / jumpers / fleeces and suits / blazers / ties stuff.............3 suits (interview suit, funeral suit, wedding suit) 1 Tux (cause you gotta have style) 2 tracksuit zip up hoodies, one sweatshirt, 1 blazer, 4 ties, oh a Christmas jumper

that's about right.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Passport tracking on the Passport Office website is ridic bad. The only 'update' for the last three weeks has been 'passport application received' - i know you've fcking received it because i fcking gave it to you.

Was thinking the updates would be a lot more dynamic:

* Photo checked - photo approved
                                        * Your passport has been sent to the laminating department
                                        * Lamination completed
                                        * We're just licking the glue on the envelope as we type this and your passport should arrive shortly

well, something anyway
                                        I've been watching the Passport office since last years debacle and bad and all as the assclowns that work there are the real reason that the place is such a mess is that this ommadawn Joe Nugent who is supposedly in charge of the place is an incompetent fuckwit. In any commercial business he would have been dead and buried years ago.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

hmm, just agreed to pay €1,450 for that Howth place that posted over the weekend.

< Insert happy, sad, or 'wtf am i doing' face? >
                                          when's the house warming?

Comment

FullTilt going bellyup is probably a good thing for a few of these guys

Originally posted by sharkfish><((((">

Originally posted by mrgs

Originally posted by ZeuFreak
                                            Originally posted by NiomNiomPokerChips

no binkaments
                                            Originally posted by aielex

Originally posted by Mecastyles

Originally posted by cbeaks
                                            Originally posted by i Donk

Comment

for shame strewelpeter! amadán!
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Originally posted by careca View Post

yes the staff there are incredible they do a great job, they have been told that there would be a new hospital built there for years.

Comment

some great one there Tony. Last two in particular are loltastic

Comment

last one cant be right? how many 10k buy in games run?? - his average seems to be about 8.5k per game

Comment

For those that have seen the latest Transformers - I never saw the 2nd one as the reviews were so bad; do I need to see it before seeing this newest movie?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        Suppose here would be the best place.

Why not just have the programs installed on the SSD and then all other files associated with the programs saved on the other drives? Try keep the SSD as free as possible.

Would like to hear what you think about it when you get it if you don't mind?
                                                        I'm really only getting it for my holdem manager so the database is as fast as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          some great one there Tony. Last two in particular are loltastic
                                                          What i love about the 2nd last one is that you don't have to be a genius to work out what's coming next

last one cant be right? how many 10k buy in games run?? - his average seems to be about 8.5k per game
                                                          There's tons better but they were the most recent ones on the 2+2 thread. The last one is Eli Elezra's live graph

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                            For those that have seen the latest Transformers - I never saw the 2nd one as the reviews were so bad; do I need to see it before seeing this newest movie?
                                                            YES!!! watch it in the afternoon then go see the 3rd one that night, fuck the reviews imo

Comment

Radical diet change just over 2 weeks ago, height 5'11/6 foot.. starting weight 16st 6.6, currently 15st 12.4. All thanks forwarded to Moneymaker for a savage guide on healthy eating.

Also must get around to do some sort of charity work sometime. Can relate to your story Solksjaer, so many worthy charities out there.. but for me it's Temple street as I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for their help.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                Zod,any opinions on scan.co.uk? I want to buy a ready made desktop from them.The budget is a grand,don't want to self build. Ty.

EDIT: NVM,didn't see the other thread.I'll post there.
                                                                Last edited by Icarus152; 30-06-11, 11:09.
                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Standout performance of Glastonbury for me, never heard of her before but we were right up the front and loved every minute. She was playing in Dublin last night

Best thing I saw after a 76 hour Vitual Glastonbury.Not a vintage year but this performance would stand out any year.
                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

It seems Keane is well and truly fucked in that competition.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                      It seems Keane is well and truly fucked in that competition.
                                                                      The Owen Brayden guy has only gotten about 30 votes in the last three days.

I have faith in the BBV - come on lads, we've done it for strangers

Comment

I see what your saying. We need to vote for Owen Brayden

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                          Standout performance of Glastonbury for me, never heard of her before but we were right up the front and loved every minute. She was playing in Dublin last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlRnQ...layer_embedded
                                                                          Thats excellent way better than anything that I saw on TV over the weekend.

Main stage was the worst ever.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                            I see what your saying. We need to vote for Owen Brayden
                                                                            I just remembered I'm pretty good friends with UCC's Student's Union president

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                              I actually tried to spell it in Irish but it just looked wrong so I went for the Mike Oldfield version. You are right I should be ashamed.

Comment

I love the first graph especially the bit after he had the big score and went on playing $10 buy ins

This must be one of the weirdest ones ever

Comment

God no, better off skippign straight to the 3rd

Comment

Something weird going on with my laptop, I cant open maybe 50% of the programs including, firefox HEM, notepad. Also nothing happens anymore when i press the audio icon on the taskbar i cant change my volume that way anymore.
                                                                                    Iv gave this 2 days before posting to see if it would right itself but still nothing different today.
                                                                                    Is this some kind of weird virus???
                                                                                    All i tried myself was running the programs as adminstrator and they still wont open.
                                                                                    Any ideas?

Comment

Mmg now odds on for the nomination raoul.

Comment

Notable by his absence I'd like to wish Mr and Mrs Raoul Duke III and their imminent/recent arrival all the very greatest of health, wealth and prosperity. He'll be along soon I am sure to hog all the thanks with his announcement and I look forward to it.

Also I think BBV should have naming rights.
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          I actually tried to spell it in Irish but it just looked wrong so I went for the Mike Oldfield version. You are right I should be ashamed.
                                                                                          had forgotten that's where that spelling came from.

Comment

Mmg now odds on for the nomination raoul.
                                                                                            I'll vote for Norris if you vote for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                              Notable by his absence I'd like to wish Mr and Mrs Raoul Duke III and their imminent/recent arrival all the very greatest of health, wealth and prosperity. He'll be along soon I am sure to hog all the thanks with his announcement and I look forward to it.

James Connolly Marx Trotsky Duke.

Comment

I find spamming fb chat seems to work Keane.
                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Odds on Jr.'s first words being 'leave now, while you still can'?

Comment

I have faith in the BBV - come on lads, we've done it for strangers
                                                                                                    ok iam starting to feeel sorry for you,
                                                                                                    who do i get the daughter to face book and what must she say, will get her to get her mates to do it aswell for you, if they will.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Gotta love the suck out

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 30 Ante (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
                                                                                                      SB (t21713)
                                                                                                      BB (t17107)
                                                                                                      UTG (t7764)
                                                                                                      Hero (Button) (t10334)
                                                                                                      Hero's M: 20.88
                                                                                                      Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
                                                                                                      1 fold, Hero bets t625, SB raises to t1575, 1 fold, Hero raises to t3500, SB raises to t21683 (All-In), Hero calls t6804 (All-In)
                                                                                                      Flop: (t20978) Q, 2, J (2 players, 2 all-in)
                                                                                                      Turn: (t20978) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)
                                                                                                      River: (t20978) K (2 players, 2 all-in)
                                                                                                      Total pot: t20978
                                                                                                      Results:
                                                                                                      Hero had K, K (three of a kind, Kings).
                                                                                                      SB had A, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                                      Outcome: Hero won t20978

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                        I find spamming fb chat seems to work Keane.
                                                                                                        I know it's the nuts - I've run out of people on chat at this stage though, and I think single votes aren't going to do it for me, I need wall reposts from the few hot friends I have (yourself included obv tyty)

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                          ok iam starting to feeel sorry for you,
                                                                                                          who do i get the daughter to face book and what must she say, will get her to get her mates to do it aswell for you, if they will.
                                                                                                          Send them to

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

and get them to post "David Keane sent me" on the wall.

Much obliged

Comment

I'll vote for Norris if you vote for me.
                                                                                                            Oops meant to do that

Comment

Just saw all the chat about clothes and shoes. Mr FD is bad, we had a few culls since we moved here as we didn't have the space in TWO rooms for our clothes!

I have him down to a wardrobe FULL of t-shirts, the babues rooms hosts a rail of jackets and fleeces and don't get me started on his underwear and I have never met a man with so many shoes.. he would be on a lot of peoples gaydar with his collection!

I am a self confessed shoe Queen, I did have over 70 pairs and cut that down to about 50. I have had about 5 new pairs in the last month alone!

I have a huge storage bag/box thing full of my winter clothes. I have the summer holiday clothes already packed for about a month and still have a full wardrobe of available clothes for any weather. Sick amount of clothes actually lol.

I pass on all the kids clothes to friends as they take good care of them and it's good to see them not wasted. I like to take our clothes to charity shops as well once we doing a cull.

The funny thing is I tend to wear the same stuff over and over and there is no need for half my things. I like to buy a summer wardrobe and a winter one every year and I don't cull every year so end up with millions. I like to have choice.

Yeah bitches be crazy

Comment

I know it's the nuts - I've run out of people on chat at this stage though, and I think single votes aren't going to do it for me, I need wall reposts from the few hot friends I have (yourself included obv tyty)
                                                                                                                I got Valerie McGrath to post up on her page. I see there are a few more for you today. Have faith in the BBV we will win this some how

Comment

Yeah you would have to watch it, don't mind all the reviews they are fucking clowns.

I'm really only getting it for my holdem manager so the database is as fast as possible.
                                                                                                                  Ah cool beans, you stopped playing for awhile, now getting back into it?
                                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    I got Valerie McGrath to post up on her page. I see there are a few more for you today. Have faith in the BBV we will win this some how
                                                                                                                    Noice

Comment

Noice
                                                                                                                      Megatron isn't in the running. Would be good if he could get the people who voted him to delete and re vote for you.. now that's sportsmanship

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        Yeah you would have to watch it, don't mind all the reviews they are fucking clowns.
                                                                                                                        Danny, you don't have to watch the 2nd one at all to know whats going on in the 3rd??? + its absolute shite

Also, the plot line of the 3rd kind of makes the plot for the 1st redundant as it was the ultimate plan all along. Would prob have to discuss this further and not here tho

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Megatron isn't in the running. Would be good if he could get the people who voted him to delete and re vote for you.. now that's sportsmanship
                                                                                                                          He'd have to be a noble spirit indeed.

My backup plan was to get everyone to vote for me twice, but Donal's on that like a rash the crafty fucker

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X