Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had the new Glenisk Low Fat organic strawberry greek style yogurt, very tasty if the name is longwinded... nom nom (I know sad cow)...

To conteract this niceness I am thinking of ways of petrol bombing the bleedin Viking tour bus that swings by the office every half an hour with people screaming wa ha....... GRRRR

First week it was okay, but getting a bit old now.

Edit FML just read the back of the carton... Low fat my hole,,,,, theres Whole Milk and Cream in it

Nutrition Information

Per 125 Serving (which I wolfed down)

137 Kcal
    Protein 20.6 g
    of Which Sugars 19.1g
    Fat 3.8 g
    of Which Saturates 2.4g

Glenisk can just go and fuck off
    Last edited by smurph; 29-06-11, 10:17.
    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
      Welp.

Help me out here BBV. Previously I mentioned about writing a novel. I'm going to dedicate the month of July to this process.

30,000 words.

What I want from you lot is the plot, the setting and the protagonist.

I'm serious. I will write this.
      Plot: A dangerous Walk
      Setting: A Park
      Protagonist: An Edgy Dude with hair ...

Comment

Smurph - fat IS good for you.

Fat won't make you fat.

Avoiding fat will make you fat.

A huge problem that nutritionists and dieticians have is the negative connotations of the word "fat", if we used the term lipids instead of fat for nutrition, then it would be far easier to convince people to eat well.

Fwiw, that's a pretty decent yoghurt other than the Sugar content, as it's got plenty of Protein and not a tonne of kcals. I bet the normal (i.e non-low fat) one has less sugar, more fat, more protein, and a similar amount of kcals though...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

=

Excellent movie really enjoyed it haters gonna hate on Michael Bay but the man knows his stuff imo.
          thought it was fucking excellent, did you see it in 2D or 3D the cinema i went to only had it in 3D so was kinda pissed about it, but turned out not too bad to watch in 3D.

Comment

Looks like Full Tilt European business may be going bye bye too ...

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
              Edit FML just read the back of the carton... Low fat my hole,,,,, theres Whole Milk and Cream in it

Nutrition Information

137 Kcal
              Protein 20.6 g
              of Which Sugars 19.1g
              Fat 3.8 g
              of Which Saturates 2.4g

DON'T BUY LOT FAT DIET PRODUCTS

especially diet yoghurt etc

They are loaded with sugars

flavour comes from fat,sugar,salt,sour, etc...

Simply; in diet foods, if they take out fat, they put in sugar

SUGAR IS WORSE FOR YOU THAN FAT

SO!?

Comment

I'd say I eat more fat daily that most people here eat protein.

Embrace the fat Smurph.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post

http://www.egrmagazine.com/news/1673...-licence.thtml
                  FML. Was in the middle of playing a load of SNGs. They're all paused now.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

fat be good sugar be the Devil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      Site's down now. Fucking hell.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        5 pack for €5 is Dunnes cheapest sock.
                        I've had to buy clothes in various poor countries after not getting my bags a few times and I'm always shocked by how expensive clothes are in these places. I had to pay over a tenner for a pair of shit socks last time. If you are travelling in Europe or America it is very much cheaper to buy socks and jocks and most clothes in the local Dunnes, Pennys Target or whatever than it is to pay to carry a suitcase and have them laundered in hotels.

Originally posted by White Knight View Post

http://www.egrmagazine.com/news/1673...-licence.thtml
                        What special significance does Alderney have for their European operations.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Jesus....so is that the end for full tilt? Pokerstars next is it? Then what? How far is this gonna go? Anyone?

Comment

In the last week id played 67 $10 SIT's and spun ~$100 up to $325
                            (had the deposit bonus rotting away so...)

Just tried opening the software and no joy

Comment

Not transfat though. Omega 3 is possible the best micronutrient you can get (besides calcium maybe) and where is that found? Fish oils!! FAT!!

You'll have to eat half as much in terms of volume though.

Fat= 9cals per gram
                              Protein=4 cals
                              Carbs= 4 cals

Fat foods are quite high in cals (which is part of the reason its vilified, you eat lots of fat food, you put on weight on your stomach and then are at bigger risk to lots and lots and lots of diseases)
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Nnoooooooooo i have like $30 on there!!!!!! which coupled with corbetts dead cert the other day makes this a very sad day for angry-ball

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                  Jesus....so is that the end for full tilt? Pokerstars next is it? Then what? How far is this gonna go? Anyone?
                                  No idea if that's the end of FT. Would be mad if it was, this is a business with massive name recognition that was making huge amounts of money. Somebody somewhere will want to get it going again.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                    Not transfat though.
                                    if you just avoid sugar you'll avoid the vast vast majority of transfat though - except if using a deep fat fryer etc

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

What special significance does Alderney have for their European operations.
                                      Alderney are one of the major License providers that cover online gaming activities in Europe.

Comment

poker stars gone aswell??

i have $6-700 on there

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                          poker stars gone aswell??

i have $6-700 on there
                                          Stars is fine ya big numpty.

Comment

Just bought recorded music for the first time in years. On her website for the new Gillian Welch album The Harrow and the Harvest it was as easy to buy it for $10 than go looking for a copy.

Its the first time that I was able to get DRM free flac or MP3 direct from the artist without going through Apple. Do most artists do this now or are they still living in the 1990's?

The album is fantastic too, here's a track from it
                                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Stars is fine ya big numpty.
                                              yeah just checked it there and with drew the loots as a precaution

Comment

I post on an xbox forum (being the nerd that I am) and one of the lads posted this in the off topic section

SPOILER
                                                Right I have set myself a challenge to complete before the end of the year, and I need some advice.

I am planning on going back to play poker full-time with the target of €12,000 before the end of the year. I won about €30,000 in 12 months last year but spent it as I was winning it, and this time around I plan on saving it.

The advice I need is about hotels in Dublin. Last year I divided my time from playing poker in Dundalk midweek and Dublin at the weekends. But the cash games in Dundalk have fizzled out the last few months, so I will be mostly playing in Dublin. I will be planning on playing 4 nights a week.

Last year I used to stay in hotels from €89 to €120 a night. But I cant do that this time around because I used to only spend about 1 or 2 hours in the hotel room. It only acts as an insurance in case I get busted early and need a place to kip until the first bus home to Dundalk. Staying in hotels like that will just make it so much harder to hit my target by end of year and this time round I wont be going with any hookers either. I remember one week in August last year I spent €1000 in one week on hookers.

So have any of you guys any advice on what I should do about this. Any ideas on cheap hotels/hostels with no curfews or whatever. Something as cheap as possible to save as much money as possible?

I Ask the usual questions - bankroll etc

SPOILER
                                                I will be playing in Dublin and it will be cash games only. Most likely the Fitz or the SE. My starting bankroll will be about €600 and will be just buying into the €1/2 game and start from there.

My target of €12,000 works out at winning €600 a week between the time I will have €600 bankroll till the end of year deadline.

If I play 4 nights a week thats only €150 I need to finish up each night. Its very do-able considering some of the runs I went on last year and how tight I normally play. Last year I won €7500 in 10 days grinding.

Edit:

Thats were the problem arises with accomodation and travel expense. If I get somewhere for €50 a night I will have to be winning about €205/210 a night to hit my target.

So I point out the obvious flaws tell him to take 600 and play online etc etc and then

SPOILER
                                                I hate playing online with a passion so I wont be doing that.

I was planning on with my €600, buying in for €500 into a soft 1/2 game. I dont buy into all that stuff you get in books about brm. This is the way I have always played poker and its always worked for me. The more pressure you are under ie playing with your whole bankroll, the better you will play and you wont get married to any hands whatsoever.

What am really looking for is advice on accommodation and keeping my expense down as much as possible.

how much does Jesus weep?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                  It's good to know these people are still out there though i suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Its the first time that I was able to get DRM free flac or MP3 direct from the artist without going through Apple. Do most artists do this now or are they still living in the 1990's?

Not enough, and noone big enough. Radiohead flirt with teh idea to get kudos from their own fanbase but end up making more money from releasing the same CD sales and touring/merchandise.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

we really need to start an egg appreciation society

Comment

a plane has travelled across the sky and has left no vapour trail, to suggest that their is no moisture in the air would be folly as there is a decent amount of cloud around and it looks like it is shaping up to rain in the distance. it also would seem to have been travelling faster than a normal commercial airline. it might have been the aliens bringing chadley home

Comment

Alderney population 2400.
                                                          IPB membership 2265.

We should start a licensing scheme for general gambling sites.

Comment

embrace the gugie imo

Comment

I actually just went and made 2 boiled eggs cause of all this egg chat

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                Alderney population 2400.
                                                                IPB membership 2265.

We should start a licensing scheme for general gambling sites.
                                                                we could charge them millions to become citizens of IPBland, as they could not register companies here unless they are citizens we would also screw them through our stringent tax laws and as a sweetner they would have to turn off the doom switch for all citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  definitely a 'learning by doing' type of thing

cliffs for attending births; STFU, stand by the head (always the head), don't speak unless spoken to, remember at all times that you are a completely useless and slightly unwelcome interloper

our fathers had it easy, the bastards
                                                                  lol brilliant.
                                                                  You never went for a 'peek'?
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Insanodude View Post
                                                                    I actually just went and made 2 boiled eggs cause of all this egg chat
                                                                    soft??

Comment

Just finished an omlette.

Eggs are in at the moment!

Comment

I wouldn't shell out the membership fee.

Comment

Plans seem a little confused at the local corpo office,pre Tall Ships.

Dougal,dont press the red button.
                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

soft??
                                                                            One was soft... but the other one wasn't... it was smaller than the other egg so that probably explains why

Comment

You must be yokeing! (bad i know but its all i got)

Comment

aye, at those rates it's eggs-tortionate.
                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

good piece from Calvin Ayre on the use of the Poker is a game of Skill argument in the US online debacle.
                                                                                  hes more or less saying that they might have been able to sell it if they hadn't offered cash games.

Comment

You must be yokeing! (bad i know but its all i got)
                                                                                    Ommletting that one slide,but please no more puns.

Comment

One was soft... but the other one wasn't... it was smaller than the other egg so that probably explains why
                                                                                      3mins in boiling water for hen eggs regardless of size

read a thing in a magazine one time about a study done in a university in glasgow i think about boiling the perfect egg. and they discovered that the white of the egg cooks at something like 73 degrees and the yolk cooks at 78 degrees so theorethically you could put an egg in to water that remained at a constant 73 degrees for as long as you wanted and you would have the perfect egg every time.

maybe emmet could dig out this case study while he is in scottishland

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                        You're coming across as a complete eggs benidick lately.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

We should just egg-nore the eejits with the puns from here on out ... we're only egging them on otherwise

Comment

aye, at those rates it's eggs-tortionate.
                                                                                            Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                            You're coming across as a complete eggs benidick lately.
                                                                                            We should just egg-nore the eejits with the puns from here on out ... we're only egging them on otherwise
                                                                                            ye are all gone soft in the middle imo

Comment

ye are all gone soft in the middle imo
                                                                                              To be fair i was thinking the eggsact same thing.... there just getting eggscruciatingly bad now

Comment

Never eggspected you to be joke thieving...http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...stcount=119364
                                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 29-06-11, 12:08.

Comment

went for the scrammbled option myself with some bacon nom nom
                                                                                                  scambled eggs, slice of wholewheat toast, cracked black pepper and hotsauce

Dinner last night.

Om nom nom
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Welp.

Help me out here BBV. Previously I mentioned about writing a novel. I'm going to dedicate the month of July to this process.

30,000 words.

What I want from you lot is the plot, the setting and the protagonist.

I'm serious. I will write this.
                                                                                                    Oh I've tried this....15,000 odd words on a demon trapped beneath newgrange released when kids block the capstone one soltice.
                                                                                                    went really well for while.....

I suggest
                                                                                                    Plot: mistaken identity espionage
                                                                                                    setting: international set mainly in dublin but jetting off to Vienna (not a lot of spy movies there)
                                                                                                    protagonist: mild mannered computer repair guy finds himself holding the NATO launch box after offering to spring clean it for 30 blips

Comment

Plans seem a little confused at the local corpo office,pre Tall Ships.

Dougal,dont press the red button.
                                                                                                      In fairness that sparks who put those switches there must be a total idiot to put the door release rite beside the emergency ones

Comment

I forgot my Holdem manager password so sent a password request however they have just sent me a blank email titled "Holdem manager account password reset", tried it twice and happened both times so do I have to email them or am I missing something?

Comment

seems like this is being wrapped up and hes happy enough to go ahead with it

SPOILER
                                                                                                          I understand where you coming from, but it wont be a waste of €600. I have never actually lost in Dublin yet. Of all the times I have played up there over the years, not once have I lost, and have always at least doubled up on my buy in. The fact that I have travelled up to Dublin with the sole intention of playing poker, makes me play that much better than normal.

My problem is I used to always spend my winnings on my hotel and a hooker.

What I am looking for is advice on accommodation and keeping my costs down, not on poker itself and my playing abilities.

Iv given up hope trying to convince him otherwise so thought Id be helpful

SPOILER
                                                                                                          last hand in the fitz is at 6am usually (maybe 5.45) and first bus to dundalk is at 6.40 so I wouldnt bother staying anywhere if you are going back to Dundalk every day

to which he replied

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Nice one, that is worth considering. I used to always use Matthews bus and their first one doesnt leave until sometime around 9am.

Now its probably unfair to LOL at all louth people or even all dundalk people so will we leave it at Numpty's gonna numpty

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                                                                                            In fairness that sparks who put those switches there must be a total idiot to put the door release rite beside the emergency ones
                                                                                                            It's like that nearly everywhere I've seen that door switch opening mechanism, the emergency buttons are always right alongside.

Comment

those puns are fowl
                                                                                                              SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                thought it was fucking excellent, did you see it in 2D or 3D the cinema i went to only had it in 3D so was kinda pissed about it, but turned out not too bad to watch in 3D.
                                                                                                                Big thumbs up in my book was excellent, seems most of the advanced previews were in 3D last night.

Will head and see it in 2D as well.

I forgot how much you like "puns" and how much I really don't like them when they are flogged to death, kind of regretting bringing you back now
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

qq for the bbv..

Which came first: the chicken or the pun?
                                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                                    Just had the new Glenisk Low Fat organic strawberry greek style yogurt, very tasty if the name is longwinded... nom nom (I know sad cow)...

To conteract this niceness I am thinking of ways of petrol bombing the bleedin Viking tour bus that swings by the office every half an hour with people screaming wa ha....... GRRRR

First week it was okay, but getting a bit old now.

Nutrition Information

137 Kcal
                                                                                                                    Protein 20.6 g
                                                                                                                    of Which Sugars 19.1g
                                                                                                                    Fat 3.8 g
                                                                                                                    of Which Saturates 2.4g

Been said by a few already but DAMN the miseducation of Irish people on all things food. Likes of Safefood have a lot to answer for. Anything that high in sugar is really really bad. As a general rule avoid yogurt.

Comment

=

Excellent movie really enjoyed it haters gonna hate on Michael Bay but the man knows his stuff imo.
                                                                                                                      Really enjoyed it, I just wish they'd sort the terrible dialogue out. No need for it to be so poor. Fight scenes and comedy scenes were A1 tho and Rosie HW be the hotness

Comment

I forgot how much you like "puns" and how much I really don't like them when they are flogged to death, kind of regretting bringing you back now
                                                                                                                        You keep saying that ova and ova but I don't believe it.

Comment

Lazare, were you down Clondalkin today? Think I nearly bumped into you rounding the corner at the mill shopping centre going to the dole office. Were on your phone looking busy if it was you

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X