Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could wear a toga for all I care as long as they get some actual work done.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
      No we haven't.
      Yes we have. We are unable to raise money on the international markets and are dependant on emergency funding from Europe and the IMF.
      Originally posted by Teddie View Post
      Lol, yep. It's because they wore shirts, ties and suits that we are were we are and nothing to do with complete incompetncy from the top all the way down. If only those backs wore pinks t-shirts and sandles then we'd still be riding the Celtic tiger.
      Not because they wore stupid uniforms but because they thought in and acted in an unimaginative uniform way. The two things couldn't possibly be related
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

any heads up for drinkies in dublin today - need a blowout before hoping back on the wagon

Comment

For those not at Oxegen, this is the quality of stuff that we are missing.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            First two posts are moronic in the extreme. It's a serious place of business and people should accord it the respect it deserves. Mick Wallace might have a mandate but he will do sweet fa for Wexford, same as people for publicity or whatever they call themselves. They'll keep the news stories flowing but a government with that large a majority couldn't give a fuck about independents. Simple as that. I have as much chance of influencing the Dail as Mick Wallace has.

Saying the internal rules committee can't do it's job while the other branches of the Oireachtas do theirs is nonsense. Ministers and departments do the work. The deputies do sweet fuck all.

@HH. The internal procedures of the Dail are non-justiciable and no court can tell the Dail how to regulate itself within obvious limits. Dress code is almost 100% not a justiciable issue
            couldn't agree more that it's a serious place of business but the clothes a person wears does not show disrespect once their clean & tidy. As my late father in law used to say "clothes never made a man"

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              any heads up for drinkies in dublin today - need a blowout before hoping back on the wagon
              Headin into town to do a few pubs on Baggot St with a mate if ur bored till u get a better offer

Comment

Wanted to thank anyone who shared the link and did some work for me today, really means a lot to me, the votes have steadily trickled in, and I'm holding my own. hopefully the limelite guys resolve is breaking a little, he messaged me asking how long the comp was running for, i expect another push out of him at some stage, but keep it up guys, you've been awesome.
                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  bummed out know. had booked the afternoon off and now have nothing to do. spent the morning playing the ps3 thinking the game was on at half four get down here and just missed the break.
                  You could be a good samartin and help fix my comp.

pretty pleeeeezzzzzeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                    Wanted to thank anyone who shared the link and did some work for me today, really means a lot to me, the votes have steadily trickled in, and I'm holding my own. hopefully the limelite guys resolve is breaking a little, he messaged me asking how long the comp was running for, i expect another push out of him at some stage, but keep it up guys, you've been awesome.
                    whats the score at?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      I agree with the dress code. If you're an elected representative in the national parliament you should dress yourself with at least a modicum of decency.
                      who gives a fuck what they wear as far as i can see we have alot of well dreesed fuckwits who can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                        You could be a good samartin and help fix my comp.

pretty pleeeeezzzzzeeeee
                        Drive to Dublin, pick up zod, give him 50 quid, drop him back.

Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                          I am gonna work on my neice's and nephews to get all their friends to vote when the time is right . Hopefully it works

Comment

Lol I run good

No Limit - Level XV (300/600) -
                            Table '412706145 7' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
                            Seat 2: la1mery (4870 in chips)
                            Seat 3: OSA_Rodeo (27805 in chips)
                            Seat 4: coldogmc (16045 in chips)
                            Seat 5: hugo_fig123 (3040 in chips)
                            Seat 6: Jesus Joe201 (9644 in chips)
                            Seat 7: MunichAce (7420 in chips)
                            Seat 8: Kabich (5630 in chips)
                            Seat 9: Micknail (6715 in chips)

Kabich: posts small blind 300
                            Micknail: posts big blind 600
                            *** HOLE CARDS ***
                            Dealt to Micknail [Qd Kd]
                            la1mery: folds
                            OSA_Rodeo: raises 600 to 1200
                            coldogmc: folds
                            hugo_fig123: folds
                            Jesus Joe201: folds
                            MunichAce: folds
                            Kabich: folds
                            Micknail: calls 600
                            *** FLOP *** [Qs 8d 5c]
                            Micknail: checks
                            OSA_Rodeo: bets 900
                            Micknail: raises 2700 to 3600
                            OSA_Rodeo: raises 2700 to 6300
                            Micknail: calls 1855 and is all-in
                            Uncalled bet (845) returned to OSA_Rodeo
                            *** TURN *** [Qs 8d 5c] [Qc]
                            *** RIVER *** [Qs 8d 5c Qc] [Qh]
                            *** SHOW DOWN ***
                            Micknail: shows [Qd Kd] (four of a kind, Queens)
                            OSA_Rodeo: shows [Ks Kc] (a full house, Queens full of Kings)
                            Micknail collected 14090 from pot
                            Last edited by Micknail; 09-07-11, 16:43.
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

Simples.
                              Not sure whose worse here , you for suggesting it or me for thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Yes we have. We are unable to raise money on the international markets and are dependant on emergency funding from Europe and the IMF.

Not because they wore stupid uniforms but because they thought in and acted in an unimaginative uniform way. The two things couldn't possibly be related

Economic sovereigtny refers to a country making decisions independently. We were able to raise money on the internation markets, problem was they charged us over 9% interest.

As for your second point, possibly the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  whats the score at?
                                  It's tight, I was up last night, but he's done well to pull the votes in. havent done a full count today, havent had time, will give it a look in morning.
                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Simples.
                                    lol something like that. I did a small job recently for a relation of mine. 10 minutes just some tinkering with his router. "Ya have your shite if you think I'm giving you €50 for that".

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZFZ3JesBcw
                                      Look at security with the attitude at 2:29. As if hes guarding the president of the US. Itching for trouble he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Headin into town to do a few pubs on Baggot St with a mate if ur bored till u get a better offer
                                        yeah I might do that alright I'll give you a bell later

Comment

Just been on the phone to my super techno whizz kid little brother (39), and he talked me through the dns problem I was having on Internet Explorer,so IPB all working now..

Found this earlier too, Best card trick ever
                                          Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 09-07-11, 17:08.

Comment

Has to be some kind of piss take for some upcoming RTE show right?

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                            Drinkies???

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                              I wouldn't let Ming in my apartment, the way he normally dresses, let alone into the Dail.

He is a muck savage of the highest order, and only in places as backward as Leitrim and Roscommon could he get elected. He wouldn't even get elected in Sligo for fuck sake and we are about as cosmopolitan as baling hay.

People who voted for him should be struck of the registrar.
                                              He seems like a down to earth, reasonable and solid dude to me, somewhat eccentric.
                                              What is the problem (aside from the shiteing on about cutting turf)?
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

pretty disappointed with our youth,(yet again) they go around slashing each other with stanley knives and not one fucking rotten tomatoe for that bint.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Drinkies???
                                                  And Dice75 is going with his mate who i assume Bubbleking doesnt know. Maybe this mate is the soundest of blokes but you'd have to think this has to impact on Bubblekings decision?. And on second thoughts it doesnt seem the fairest deal on Dice75's happless mate. He thinks hes going out with Dice75 for a drink only to be joined by a randomer in his eyes. Dice 75 getting the best of both worlds. Mixing friendsets, a very grey area

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                    And Dice75 is going with his mate who i assume Bubbleking doesnt know. Maybe this mate is the soundest of blokes but you'd have to think this has to impact on Bubblekings decision?. And on second thoughts it doesnt seem the fairest deal on Dice75's happless mate. He thinks hes going out with Dice75 for a drink only to be joined by a randomer in his eyes. Dice 75 getting the best of both worlds. Mixing friendsets, a very grey area
                                                    Me thinks you need to get out more

Comment

Crazy bitch on grand designs

Comment

Normally pick up a few strays on the way

Jeez, if u end the night with the same crew u started with, how'd that be a proper nite out???

Anyhow want to get BK drunk & get his 3x strategies before the Dublin qualifiers.

Comment

Jeez, if u end the night with the same crew u started with, how'd that be a proper nite out???

Anyhow want to get BK drunk & get his 3x strategies before the Dublin qualifiers.
                                                          Trying to convince myself that a 3rd night of drinking in a row is the right and proper thing to do feel like shit tho. Supposed to be mojitoing it up first too... insert senor chang clip... prob hit town so will remember to steer clear of the BK/Dice party

Comment

The Dail should have dress down Fridays and fancy dress once a month.

Comment

Good start for the mighty Deise in London
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

That looks like putting a dampener on the weekend...

Comment

run well is my advice Speaking of which Iv been grinding 180 mans today. These are the hands that Iv been knocked out with - over 80% of them were with less than 40 left so Id imagine Im down the guts of 4 figures in EV sigh

In order

* = reshove that got called

AQs* < AKo
                                                                  QQ < AA
                                                                  AQ* < A6
                                                                  KK < QQ
                                                                  KK<AA
                                                                  99* < TT
                                                                  QQ < AJ
                                                                  KK<QQ
                                                                  33* < 9T
                                                                  A6s < AJ
                                                                  AK < AQ
                                                                  TT* < A2
                                                                  A9* < AK
                                                                  TT* < 77
                                                                  A7 < QT
                                                                  99 < QJ
                                                                  KK < QQ
                                                                  QQ < A2
                                                                  JJ < KQ
                                                                  AK < QT

Cliffs - I run bad

Comment

HT London 5 Waterford 1-10 and london's star player(apparently) sent off.

Don't think I'm counting my chickens to call the win there

Brazil Paraguay draw at 14/5 to round off a good evenings punting after a poor afternoons horsey betting.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

This match is horrible to watch, all this defensive bollox. Brazil match better be good

Comment

For the punditry and commentary is it better to watch the Brail match on Setanta or Espn?.

Comment

For the punditry and commentary is it better to watch the Brail match on Setanta or Espn?.
                                                                          ESPN. Setanta is just one bloke, last night he was some bogger who sounded bored that they didn't have sticks in their hand.

Money on Brazil.
                                                                          Last edited by hotspur; 09-07-11, 18:56.

Comment

Setanta guys are more informed imo, ESPN are more professional. I've been watching Setanta.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Whichever one has Phil Babb at HT.

Comment

the Brazil anthem reminds me of the music Fossets circus use when the horsie dances

3-1 to the Brazilians
                                                                                imo

Comment

Santa Cruz is some chancer. He's got away with being terribad for so long. Only one +5 goals season in eleven seasons in Europe.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Wicklow 3 up away to Armagh.
                                                                                    Longford 1 up at home to Tyrone.

Both into the second half. Day of slaughter maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Wicklow 3 up away to Armagh.
                                                                                      Longford 1 up at home to Tyrone.

Both into the second half. Day of slaughter maybe.
                                                                                      Tyrone are 4 points up.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Kildare 7-9 for the loots please

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                          Kildare 7-9 for the loots please
                                                                                          Come on Laois

Comment

I've no idea what happened there. None of us were at a computer. I'll see if I can find out later.

Comment

Not even an error message Well played whoever had the draw in the Brazil game

Comment

LOL IPB, haven't seen a new server this bad since Andy Murray came on the scene.

On the bright side, ship the Brazil Paraguay draw.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Norris back to 15/8 on PP for the Aras. Knew I should have lumped on yesterday when he was 3/1.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anyone else temped to buy a copy of the NOTW for the first time ever tomorrow?
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                      Anyone else temped to buy a copy of the NOTW for the first time ever tomorrow?
                                                                                                      no

Comment

Fucking copa america is crying out for a Gary Doherty and Paul McShane.

Comment

I've just discovered Black ops online. Addicted.

Comment

back from shelbourne park with the kids. best run ever picking 7 out of 10 winners!

on a side note. it definitely seemed like the bookies laying on "without the fav" were way off and were very good value when there were 2 strong front runners. anyone know what the actual formula they should be applying to get their odds is?

Comment

Staying in on Saturday nights is not a good job!

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                Staying in on Saturday nights is not a good job!
                                                                                                                bullshit.

Lidl's Pinotage is a fine red to be drinking while hitting a miserable run of cards.

far from enjoyin an 11 bi swing tho
                                                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 09-07-11, 22:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  bullshit.

Lidl's Pinotage is a fine red to be drinking while hitting a miserable run of cards.

far from enjoyin an 11 bi swing tho
                                                                                                                  11 bi.

That is a bad job!

Comment

up 7 to down 4 in the one day. fml / fmw

fuck my wine

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Pray tell what is respectful about forcing people to wear a particular form of fancy dress?

Sure it does a nice job of demonstrating that those inside the Dail (the courts, Banks or whatever you are having yourself) that they are there to represent and serve the privileged minority whose uniform they wear rather than the attire of the people they are supposed to represent.
                                                                                                                      As Mick Wallace said, he is there to work and the only time he'd wear a coat when he's working is when its raining.

I'm surprised to hear such utter elitist claptrap from you.
                                                                                                                      Firstly, my profession has had the same basic dress code since 1750 so you really think my take on this is surprising?

The day Mick Wallace does a stitch of work for Wexford or Ireland is the day I'll take his position seriously. As for calling me elitist you're totally out of line. People wear suits to the Dail because it is our national parliament where our elected representatives go to do our business. It is a place for serious work and should be accorded the appropriate respect. Appealing to the lowest common denominator is not a good thing. Mandella wore a suit to work, so did Martin Luther King. Are you saying they only dressed to serve the people who dressed like them? Don't be so ridiculous.

Oh and by the way, the politicians are there to serve the elites as well as the "common man". They are there to serve everyone.
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                        11 bi.

That is a bad job!
                                                                                                                        12, another AK losing to QQ aipf.

I flip worse in poker than I do in real life.

Comment

That was a screamer for Venezuela

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X