Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a bit of a shock for a second yesterday when I read on twitter that a German plane carrying Nazi leaders had crashlanded in Belguim.. Realised pretty quickly it was just someone retweeting those WW2 day by day updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
      i dont understand what ur talking about??
      i was only trying to do u a favour i gave u his name look him up on facebook and talk to him urself and the link i gave u from him was for a jobs page in oz where he started and got his job over there.
      i didnt tell u any lies i said i might be able to help cos ive a friend over there thats doing well is it my fault if hes not much help??

is it my fault if u cant get over there??
      No John it's not your fault . What you are at fault for is making up lies and stringing people along trying to make yourself feel important . Maybe in some twisted way you actually believe what your saying and find some way to create a reality from it .
      I suppose i am the bigger fool here anyway for believing you in the first place, After all it's not the first time you have told a pack of bullshit lies around here now is it .
      John you have to realise that behind these computers are real people with real lives and what you say can affect those lives . Do yourself a favour john and stop telling lies before you really do affect some of those lives in a negative way .
      For now i give you my pity .

(It's obv my time of the month)

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        My gf is in Toastmasters. Which one did you go to? They seem a very friendly bunch although I utterly despise their oratorical style with every fibre of my body.
        Concerned about Hitch's renowned lechery?
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
            What's the backround on this?
            taken from yesterdays irish times-
            A group called Americans United For Change last month issued a mock campaign poster saying “Greed is Good! Romney – Gekko 2012” featuring a photograph of Romney and his fellow directors at Bain Capital posing with banknotes stuffed in their hands, pockets and mouths. The so-called “Gordon Gekko” photo, based on the Michael Douglas character in the film Wall Street , was taken in 1987, to celebrate an investment that raised $37 million.

In 2007 Romney said that in the private equity industry, “Sometimes the medicine is a little bitter, but it is necessary to save the life of the patient”.

He claims Bain created far more jobs than it destroyed. Left-leaning groups are broadcasting interviews with some of the thousands of people who lost jobs when their companies were taken over by Bain.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...310053207.html

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
              Concerned about Hitch's renowned lechery?
              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              Fingal Toastmasters in Sutton. If I spot a ballerina I'll say hi!

Don't really know enough about oratorical styles, so using this as a way of getting the building blocks and then hopefully branching out
              Sounds very dangerous to me! Kayroo, keep her on a leash imo. A very short one by your side lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                Sounds very dangerous to me! Kayroo, keep her on a leash imo. A very short one by your side lol.
                Damn MrsFD be kinky!!!! WP MR. Flushdraw

Comment

One soul for sale

Discover 326,834 Ads in All Sections For Sale in Ireland on DoneDeal. Buy & Sell on Ireland's Largest All Sections Marketplace.
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                  http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Read Anthony Bourdain's account of eating an ortolan yesterday, anyone ever get the opportunity?

probably looking at sharp here!
                    hadn't heard of that one before tbh. amazing description here

Code:
                    You catch the ortolan with a net spread up in the forest canopy. Take it alive. Take it home. Poke out its eyes and put it in a small cage. Force-feed it oats and millet and figs until it has swollen to four times its normal size. Drown it in brandy. Roast it whole, in an oven at high heat, for six to eight minutes. Bring it to the table. Place a cloth—a napkin will do—over your head to hide your cruelty from the sight of God. Put the whole bird into your mouth, with only the beak protruding from your lips. Bite. Put the beak on your plate and begin chewing, gently. You will taste three things: First, the sweetness of the flesh and fat. This is God. Then, the bitterness of the guts will begin to overwhelm you. This is the suffering of Jesus. Finally, as your teeth break the small, delicate bones and they begin to lacerate your gums, you will taste the salt of your own blood, mingling with the richness of the fat and the bitterness of the organs. This is the Holy Spirit, the mystery of the Trinity—three united as one. It is cruel. And beautiful

Comment

Fingal Toastmasters in Sutton. If I spot a ballerina I'll say hi!

Don't really know enough about oratorical styles, so using this as a way of getting the building blocks and then hopefully branching out
                      She's in the Castleknock one as far as I know. Phew!

As for the oratorical style it's not really their fault I suppose. They have to teach one particular way of approaching it because the real benefit of Toastmasters is that it helps with people's confidence speaking before crowds. I just dislike the automatism it engenders.
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                        No John it's not your fault . What you are at fault for is making up lies and stringing people along trying to make yourself feel important . Maybe in some twisted way you actually believe what your saying and find some way to create a reality from it .
                        I suppose i am the bigger fool here anyway for believing you in the first place, After all it's not the first time you have told a pack of bullshit lies around here now is it .
                        John you have to realise that behind these computers are real people with real lives and what you say can affect those lives . Do yourself a favour john and stop telling lies before you really do affect some of those lives in a negative way .

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                          This is like a 2 in 1.

We want cliffs and we want Moher.

Comment

Originally posted by Zola View Post
                            This is like a 2 in 1.

We want cliffs and we want Moher.

cliffs on hair cut please

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post

Originally Posted by Donk Magnet
                              i dont understand what ur talking about??
                              i was only trying to do u a favour i gave u his name look him up on facebook and talk to him urself and the link i gave u from him was for a jobs page in oz where he started and got his job over there.
                              i didnt tell u any lies i said i might be able to help cos ive a friend over there thats doing well is it my fault if hes not much help??

is it my fault if u cant get over there??

I for 1 am glad this is out in the open.
                              hasn't been a good row in the BBV for quite sometime

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                I for 1 am glad this is out in the open.
                                hasn't been a good row in the BBV for quite sometime
                                I shall be pre Plop/Blob in about a week if you would care to wait
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                  well if your anything like my wife you should be starting up about now.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                    well if your anything like my wife you should be starting up about now.
                                    LOL I,m just joking but yes you would be right, roughly 10 days of Devil Bitch , Actually I am only a nice person for exactly half of a month .
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      hadn't heard of that one before tbh. amazing description here
                                      Clarkson eats one

Jeremy Clarkson Meets The Neighbours (2002) - Episode 1. Jeremy eats an Ortolan Bunting.

Comment

Got an email about this yesterday which was cool.

SPOILER

Always nice to get a jolly to Paris

Comment

Comment

just got major word for 14.50 Doncaster - Jaya Bella

bit late now but I stuck a bit on for interest
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              just got major word for 14.50 Doncaster - Jaya Bella

bit late now but I stuck a bit on for interest
                                              Nowhere..

Comment

Comment

Fuck, what a way to go

A distillery employee took his own life by drowning himself in a vat of water and yeast at a whisky plant in Scotland.

Father-of-two Brian Ettles, 46, climbed up the 50,000-litre tank before reportedly jumping into the container known as a washback used in the early stages of distilling at the Glenfiddich Distillery in Banffshire, Scotland.

Following the discovery of his body, emergency services were called to the scene on Saturday night but efforts to revive him failed.

Mr Ettles – a senior employee – had worked at the world-renowned distillery for 23 years and died the day before his wife’s 54th birthday.

Friends spoke of their shock at Mr Ettle’s suicide. Neighbour Eileen Mackenzie, 67, said: “I am just really shocked. It’s such a horrible way for someone to go and most people I have spoken to are really quite upset about it.

“He was just a young man and I have no idea what might have made him want to take his own life in such a way.”
                                                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                  http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Mass suicide threat at Xbox plant

Quality source

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                      Fuck, what a way to go
                                                      Bit like the Brendan Grace joke.

The drink killed my father.
                                                      He got knocked down by a Guinness truck.

Comment

Anyone do this Gibbon Experience thing in Chang Mai?

Also check out this for a flight, Burma Muay Thai. No gloves either the hard bastards. Some knockdown around 7-8min mark

Tway MaShaung, Burmese lethwei fighter fights a bigger fighter, Kyaw Nyein.Note: Many people have mistaken it for Muay Thai. This is Burmese (Myanmar) Lethwe...
                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Yeah Flight of the Gibbon is brilliant. Its pretty expensive though.

It is very good though, really enjoyable. You can get cheaper versions but they arent as good by all accounts.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

After all the interview talk on BBV last few days, today I somehow have arranged an interview tomorrow and an interview on Friday for 2 different jobs. Haven't done one in about 7/8 years, should be fun

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                              Yeah Flight of the Gibbon is brilliant. Its pretty expensive though.
                                                              Yeah heard it's cheaper in Laos, still $106 for one day? Throw an extra 1800 bhat on top of the price and I can finish the advanced diving course. There was some mad stuff going on in Vang Vieng, when I was there. Ended up staying 21 days, Irish girl got smashed in the face with the butt of a pistol but I heard she deserved it. Locals seriously beating the shite outta anyone over a 4 day period. Supposed they would act hard with their machete's and guns.

Comment

Flight of Gibbon is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                  Yeah heard it's cheaper in Laos, still $106 for one day? Throw an extra 1800 bhat on top of the price and I can finish the advanced diving course. There was some mad stuff going on in Vang Vieng, when I was there. Ended up staying 21 days, Irish girl got smashed in the face with the butt of a pistol but I heard she deserved it. Locals seriously beating the shite outta anyone over a 4 day period. Supposed they would act hard with their machete's and guns.
                                                                  Wow... really? I really dont get all the 'Westerners ruining our culture' crap. They actively encourage it, everywhere. Then get annoyed when we get hammered and rowdy.

Cake and eat it and all that.

21 days is about what I did albeit in two stints. I love the place. Serious craic. Didnt have a bad there, not once. If you are heading Vietnam way get in touch though, Im off out there next week.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                    Wow... really? I really dont get all the 'Westerners ruining our culture' crap. They actively encourage it, everywhere. Then get annoyed when we get hammered and rowdy.

Cake and eat it and all that.

21 days is about what I did albeit in two stints. I love the place. Serious craic. Didnt have a bad there, not once. If you are heading Vietnam way get in touch though, Im off out there next week.
                                                                    Yeah they attacked one of the bar's on the tubbing route, I missed them by 10-15mins I was told thankfully, automatic rifles and swinging at any man or woman. They also attacked bucket bar which I was very surprised to hear about.They where also robbing tourists who where cycling to the blue lagoon. Also the tourist police where pulling a scam every other night from what I was told planting drugs on us farrangs. Yeah I ended up working in a guesthouse for free accom,food and drink.

I'm back in Thailand now up in Pai, nice vibe to it so far. Going to stay here for 3 months me thinks. If I have a change of mind I'll give ye a shout.

Comment

RVN v a 13 YO Danny Wellbeck

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Roy Keane v a 13 YO Danny Welbeck

Last edited by Megatron; 11-01-12, 16:15.

Comment

Yeah they attacked one of the bar's on the tubbing route, I missed them by 10-15mins I was told thankfully, automatic rifles and swinging at any man or woman. They also attacked bucket bar which I was very surprised to hear about.They where also robbing tourists who where cycling to the blue lagoon. Also the tourist police where pulling a scam every other night from what I was told planting drugs on us farrangs. Yeah I ended up working in a guesthouse for free accom,food and drink.

I'm back in Thailand now up in Pai, nice vibe to it so far. Going to stay here for 3 months me thinks. If I have a change of mind I'll give ye a shout.
                                                                        Very suprised they attacked Bucket Bar, Mama Lao owns that Im sure. Im sure youve met her.

Thats actually crazy. I had a run in with the tourist police about another guy getting assaulted and they seemed pretty decent.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                            Looks like Suarez around the 3 minute mark.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                              cliffs on hair cut please
                                                                              -Blade 2 back and sides
                                                                              -Boring small talk
                                                                              -Trimmed on top
                                                                              -Put gel in for me after
                                                                              -Tipped the €2 change

Comment

I seriously think it's being about 16 years since I've paid for a haircut. How much would you pretty boys spend annually?

Comment

...

Comment

€8 cost plus €2 tip x 12 times a year = €120. Not too bad in the grand scheme of things.
                                                                                    DCU barber?

Comment

€8 cost plus €2 tip x 12 times a year = €120. Not too bad in the grand scheme of things.
                                                                                      Just get the missus to do it, they usually enjoy it. Although I did end up getting my hair GHD'ed once. Photo was burned.

Comment

Didn't enjoy it tbh.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                          DCU barber?
                                                                                          Oi, as you're there, recommend me a few good nespresso blends!

Loving the machine tyvm for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                            Oi, as you're there, recommend me a few good nespresso blends!

Loving the machine tyvm for the suggestion.
                                                                                            Black>Purple>Dark Blue>Dark Green. The rest are meh.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Anyone do this Gibbon Experience thing in Chang Mai?
                                                                                                Yes its excellent, there are two companies in Chiang Mai that do the same thing, Flight of the Gibbon and Jungle Flight, I've done both, Jungle Flight i thought was marginally better and a couple of hundred baht cheaper, shop around the tour agencies and haggle, there will be a bunch of them within walking distance of each other all around central Chiang Mai, so visit a few and take the best price. The larger the group the bigger the discount in general, so recruiting people you have met could be a good move.

Comment

Right. Just need Man City and Spurs to win tonight to complete a small accumulator. Come on reverse BBV curse.

Comment

Jaysus Michelle
                                                                                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                      Jaysus Michelle
                                                                                                      Its a joke Sister Murphy

Well done on another win ya biatch!!!

why did ya thank that Corbett, are ye not following the Plop/blob gate?
                                                                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 11-01-12, 17:55.
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                        Right. Just need Man City and Spurs to win tonight to complete a small accumulator. Come on reverse BBV curse.
                                                                                                        I hope both teams let you down miserably.

Comment

Its a joke Sister Murphy

What are you on about?

Comment

Its a joke Sister Murphy

I'm still getting over the fandango story - I genuinly think I'm afraid to ask........
                                                                                                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

What are you on about?
                                                                                                              you thanked smurphs post.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                              I'm still getting over the fandango story - I genuinly think I'm afraid to ask........
                                                                                                              I asked was BBV on the blob a while back as everyone was arguing and someone recently ( cant remember who) asked was BBV on the "plop" again lol
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Joe was picked to be in the halftime contest of basketball musical chairs..realizing he was going to lose, he throws his basketball at the kid whos going to ...

Comment

Man City 11/10 v Liverpool. Granted City missing some key players but this line up still v strong

Hart, Richards, Savic, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, de Jong, A. Johnson, Milner, Balotelli, Aguero

Comment

Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of cnuts tbh. Hope they continue to get this 'award' for many years to come

TalkTalk gets the Wooden Spoon award for worst customer service AGAIN

You voted in your thousands for the company with Britain’s shoddiest customer service in 2011 and the winner — for the second year running — is TalkTalk.

You voted in your thousands for the company with Britain’s shoddiest customer service in 2011 and the winner — for the second year running — is TalkTalk.

More than one in four of all votes cast were for the home phone and internet provider. HM Revenue & Customs was second and Spanish bank Santander was third.

TalkTalk became the first company to win Money Mail’s Wooden Spoon Award in consecutive years. In the past, a winner has taken the wooden spoon as a wake-up call and improved its customer service.

Looking miserable: TalkTalk chief executive Dido Harding

The trophy is one every company or organisation dreads winning. Your votes shine a light on their inept service and the often appalling way in which loyal customers are treated.

Money Mail receives hundreds of letters and emails each week about poor service and in December we gave you a shortlist of the eight organisations whose customers had consistently contacted us to tell of poor service over the previous 12 months.

For a month your votes poured in. Last week, we presented TalkTalk chief executive Dido Harding with the trophy for 2011. The gong for winning the Wooden Spoon Award in 2010 already sits on her desk.

The firm is so embarrassed by its ignominious double that Ms Harding refused to be photographed with both awards. She was visibly unhappy at winning again and acknowledges its customer service is ‘not yet good enough’.

‘I apologise to those we have let down. We are working very hard on improvements for all customers,’ she says. Despite the company’s promises to better the lot of its customers, 2011 was another shocking year.

The problems with TalkTalk

Readers complained of paying a monthly fee, but receiving no connection or service for weeks; promised callbacks that failed to emerge; and anger at repeatedly phoning call centres to register complaints and having to repeat the details every time. There was also frustration at not being able to understand call centre staff and unexpected bills of £120 or more for engineer visits.

We received a deluge of complaints at a botched offer to save £51 off the cost of line rental. What the company failed to tell customers was that they needed to be an online customer to be eligible. Many of those who complained didn’t need or want broadband, and had to waste time calling the company to discover this simple piece of information.

And when Money Mail intervened to highlight the unfairness of this, TalkTalk said it would honour any requests by landline-only customers — but staff still rejected applications.

Ms Harding stresses the company is performing better than last year and making progress. ‘We do see our service improving, but clearly we are not good enough yet — and we’re the first to recognise this. I don’t accept that we haven’t moved on,’ she says. ‘Regulator Ofcom, too, has pointed out that we have improved in the past year.’

To boost its performance, the company says it has begun to roll out a process to make it easier for customers to take TalkTalk’s service between different properties.

‘We are aware our home-moving service isn’t yet good enough. Overall, we are better than we were a year ago, but we want to be better.’

She says the company is focusing on improving customer services for online and phone customers. For those happy to manage their account online, this means greater flexibility, such as being able to set up your own parental controls against unwanted websites. And for those customers who simply have landlines for phone calls, TalkTalk says it is stepping up its efforts to fix faults on the first occasion.

‘A year ago, we were able to fix faults at the first go only 45 per cent of the time; now we’re at 75 per cent and want to get it higher,’ says Ms Harding.

Last August, TalkTalk and its subsidiary Tiscali were fined a record £3million for incorrectly billing 65,000 customers for services they had not received. And it continued to top Ofcom’s tables for most customer complaints during the year.

Comment

Where's the list of recent threads on the front page gone?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                                          Where's the list of recent threads on the front page gone?
                                                                                                                          It's fine for me??

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X