This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
    I have no professional opinion to give but I'm going to guess this wouldn't be much more than a toe up from minimum wage in Ireland.
    $48k here, lolerz if you're accurate. Don't ever want to go home.

How many chickens is that? one..

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
      Has the genie got a weapon?
      The ability to grant wishes is a huge advantage in a scrap.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        About matt holland....
        Barton is getting stick from everyone about it though
        How can Jamie reek app be that Fu ny on twitter yet the dullest, stupidest most uninformed pundit on tv at the same time.

Also do people not agree with Barton re the whole plastic paddy thing?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
          LSU vs Alabama starting on ESPN america in a few minutes.
          Have to say col ball doesn't do it for me really. It's too frantic and all over the place. They could do with some scores in this match.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
            The ability to grant wishes is a huge advantage in a scrap.
            You would think so but a genie can only grant wishes. She cannot make her own wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
              Have to say col ball doesn't do it for me really. It's too frantic and all over the place. They could do with some scores in this match.
              Very defence orientated so far. Apparently the last time these teams met it finished 9-6 so Its not looking good for a high scoring match.

Comment

i always keep a wee book recording all games and balances and a few notes etc and started a new one on Jan 3rd 2012

have ripped out all pages and pretending last week never happened

Comment

I like Barton, he done a lot of good work for the Hillsborough petition.

Comment

Watched 1st episode of Sherlock just there..... Bloody brilliant so it is. Was a massive Holmes fan growing up. Can't wait to watch the other episodes!
                    NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                      How can Jamie reek app be that Fu ny on twitter yet the dullest, stupidest most uninformed pundit on tv at the same time.

Is this post asking why Jamie is funny on Twitter and not TV?

Comment

Yum yum, morning coffee and toast buttered with Chili paste and pork floss.
                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

plastic paddy thing?
                          You can fk off with your plastic paddy reference there Eoin. I'm easily offended and will hunt you down.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Plastic paddys are cunts unless they do this

Ray Houghtons Goal v England in Euro 88. Ireland v England in Stuttgart Euro 88.

Comment

Only 3 sleeps 'til xmas

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                Watched 1st episode of Sherlock just there..... Bloody brilliant so it is. Was a massive Holmes fan growing up. Can't wait to watch the other episodes!
                                watched 2nd episode just now.....have to say it was disappointing

Comment

Texas is one weird place

In 2010, the police gave close to 300,000 "Class C misdemeanour" tickets to children as young as six in Texas for offences in and out of school, which result in fines, community service and even prison time
                                  More and more US schools have police patrolling the corridors. Pupils are being arrested for throwing paper planes and failing to pick up crumbs from the canteen floor. Why is the state criminalising normal childhood behaviour?

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                    you have no idea

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                      Given I cant sleep tonight just dl'd this and watched it. Actually very surprised at how good that was. Just the 3 eps in first series tho 90 mins each, hope they are as good as that

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                        watched 2nd episode just now.....have to say it was disappointing
                                        bah humbug

Comment

it's not the real jamie redknapp.

Don't agree with Barton, in many cases it just depends on how you're raised.

Comment

Trippie they still mourning in Bogota for the para god who got killed on Christmas day? My mate is down in Santa Marta and is saying all the shops bar the carafor have being closed since it happened.

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              Quick one for people. Some suggested to me that it might be a good idea to bring a notepad and pen into a job interview in order scribble down important points of questions to ensure you answer what was asked of you. This had never occurred to me, but it is years since I've done a proper interview. BBV thoughts on this strategy?
                                              Some good stuff last night re interviews. Have a friend doing one soon so only went through some stuff with him last night. Have forwarded on some of the posts from last night.

@Dom - Personally I wouldn't bring in a pen/paper but I wouldn't think it would present any problems either. I would think you should be able to remember some questions to ask at the end rather than having them written down. As for anything interesting that may be heard, surely that should come from you rather than the interviewer.

@OneIllCat - Honestly, the amount of people who will say their weakness is perfection or some such shit is unreal. If you want to stand out from the crowd don't use this. I heard about one lad who said his biggest weakness was blue smarties. He could leave the rest but the blue ones, no chance. When the interviewers were doing up their results they couldn't get him out of their head. A bit ott I know and probably an Urban myth but interesting all the same. I work in IT and I would normally say something like documenting my work is an area I need to improve on but i have set my self targets for this year, etc etc

Comment

What are the numbers generally like for the Fitz 50DC tonight? Might pop in since its been so long.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Back from that interview a few hours now and think it went pretty well, too well probably. Will be very pissed off if I don't get it now. All the advice helped a lot cheers. Had decent answers (imo) for all the behavioral questions.

As I said to Carlop the other day it always helps the confidence when you're surrounded by retards/there's somebody definitely worse than you in whatever walk of life, and there always seems to be.

Had this exercise as the group problem, thoughts:

Instructions: You are adrift on a private yacht in the South Pacific. As a consequence of a fire of unknown origin, much of the yacht and its contents have
                                                  been destroyed. The yacht is now slowly sinking. Your location is unclear because of the destruction of critical navigational equipment and because you
                                                  and the crew were distracted trying to bring the fire under control. Your best
                                                  estimate is that you are approximately one thousand miles south-southwest of
                                                  the nearest land.

Following is a list of fifteen items that are intact and undamaged after
                                                  the fire. In addition to these articles, you have a serviceable, rubber life raft
                                                  with oars. The raft is large enough to carry yourself, the crew, and all the items
                                                  in the following list. The total contents of all survivors’ pockets are a package
                                                  of cigarettes, several books of matches, and five one-dollar bills.

Your task is to rank the fifteen items that follow in terms of their importance to your survival. Place the number 1 by the most important item, the number 2 by the second most important, and so on through number 15, the least
                                                  important.

Sextant
                                                  Shaving mirror
                                                  Five-gallon can of water
                                                  Mosquito netting
                                                  One case of U.S. Army C rations
                                                  Maps of the Pacific Ocean
                                                  Seat cushion (flotation device approved by the Coast Guard)
                                                  Two-gallon can of oil-gas mixture
                                                  Small transistor radio
                                                  Shark repellent
                                                  Twenty square feet of opaque plastic
                                                  One quart of 160-proof Puerto Rican rum
                                                  Fifteen feet of nylon rope
                                                  Two boxes of chocolate bars
                                                  Fishing kit

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                    What are the numbers generally like for the Fitz 50DC tonight? Might pop in since its been so long.
                                                    Was there a couple of months ago and there were over 100 runners! Think that might've been a particularly busy night, but it always gets good numbers. It was something like 1.7k ftw that night! Not too shoddy.

Comment

I assume the correct answer is to leave all 15 items behind so that you have enough space to carry all the matches to light the cigarettes.

edit : and the rum, just spotted the rum. Quick, go back and get the rum.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        I assume the correct answer is to leave all 15 items behind so that you have enough space to carry all the matches to light the cigarettes.

You need to take the Rum too.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                          Reminds me of somebody I know soo much
                                                          Me too FML

We tend to grow immune to how fucked up that country is. This kind of shit is how they turn them the type of Stepford christian automatons that will send their children off to Iraq to die so they can keep the world free from universal healthcare.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Would anyone care to dissaude me from my opinion that Obama @8/11 is the Lock of The Year? My opnion is based on the historic records of incumbents going for re-election, especially Dem ones (Carter only loser since for ever) and also the relative weakness of the current crop of Republican (not one electable candidate imo) putative candidates. Not to mention the total disarray apparent in the GOP.

in fact, scrub that, you can get the Dems @8/11 to win the presidency which I suppose covers us in the event of Obama dying

maximum lumpage imo. I intend to get enough on to cover a nice family holiday in 2013.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

QQ re Xara web design if anyone has any idea; using the free trial which doesn't give access to website templates. Should I be able to get these off a cousin?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

You have everything with you, just have to rate the importance of them. My answers weren't particularly great but some of the stuff the other people came up with was ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Would anyone care to dissaude me from my opinion that Obama @8/11 is the Lock of The Year? My opnion is based on the historic records of incumbents going for re-election, especially Dem ones (Carter only loser since for ever) and also the relative weakness of the current crop of Republican (not one electable candidate imo) putative candidates. Not to mention the total disarray apparent in the GOP.

in fact, scrub that, you can get the Dems @8/11 to win the presidency which I suppose covers us in the event of Obama dying

maximum lumpage imo. I intend to get enough on to cover a nice family holiday in 2013.
                                                                  I think the 8/11 reinforces my comment on how messed up they are. In a functioning democracy what would he be 1/14?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    I think the 8/11 reinforces my comment on how messed up they are. In a functioning democracy what would he be 1/14, less
                                                                    it's actually an interesting political dynamic over there at the moment with the Tea Partiers and the 'we are the 99%' crew, if ever there was a year for a third candidate, this is it.

the Tea Party have succeeded in making the Republicans unelectable as any putative candidate has to defend their rear by taking extreme positions that are unattractive to ~80% of the populace.

I'd say the White House is greatly enjoying the GOP primaries. Romney is wholly unelectable - doesn't excite the GOP base, is a Mormon and just look where he made his very large fortune. Santorum is a flash in the pan and Gingrich is, well, Gingrich. The only guy they were afraid of is Huntsman who's clever, worldly and pragmatic (so much so that Obama gave him a job) - naturally he's coming in last.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                      You have everything with you, just have to rate the importance of them. My answers weren't particularly great but some of the stuff the other people came up with was ridiculous.
                                                                      We did this on a training course before and the mirror was top of the list iirc. Reason being that most of the other things can keep you alive but the mirror can be used to save you (reflecting the sun on to overhead planes, boats, etc).

Comment

More overshooting the other side of the doom and gloom :
                                                                        I saw a report yesterday that the Germans were actually getting a negative interest rate on a bond issue... they were being paid to borrow money Is that even possible?

Fintan Tool was on BBC's Start the week where there was a quite good discussion of Austerity and the likes but the bould Fintan has to take it to the next level claiming "Whats happening in Ireland now is that civilisation is in threat...Children with learning difficulties cannot get any help"
                                                                        O'really Fintan is that so What a moron.
                                                                        And there I was this morning at the purpose built Autistic day school with buses delivering children from all over the county as I listened to the late Mary Raftery on the radio talking about how we used to treat such children.
                                                                        Oh well we lost a great journalist today but we still have Fintan as the voice of sanity. Sigh!

Comment

I saw a report yesterday that the Germans were actually getting a negative interest rate on a bond issue... they were being paid to borrow money Is that even possible?
                                                                          interestingly, there has been such a thing as negative deposit rates where banks charge you for giving them money!

mad stuff

Comment

Money tied up till November seems to be the only down side? It is November yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                              Money tied up till November seems to be the only down side? It is November yeah?
                                                                              well, that and 'events, dear boy, events'

I'd be quite happy to tie cash up for 10 months on this one

Romney is a GOP version of Kerry imo, voters won't relate to him. Plus I'd not be surprised to see some third candidate emerge who'll drain Romney support, much as Perot did.

Comment

My only concern with betting on Obama is that you risk under-estimating the madness and stupidity of the voting public; the US includes countless wierdos who will happily vote for a candidate that will act wholely against that voter's long-term interests, if only that candidate fulfills some strange criteria in the voter's eyes (is god-fearing, is anti-gay marriage, is pro-military, is white, is male, etc etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                  My only concern with betting on Obama is that you risk under-estimating the madness and stupidity of the voting public; the US includes countless wierdos who will happily vote for a candidate that will act wholely against that voter's long-term interests, if only that candidate fulfills some strange criteria in the voter's eyes (is god-fearing, is anti-gay marriage, is pro-military, is white, is male, etc etc...)
                                                                                  mildly hilarious to see an Irish person making this point

Comment

Whoever Tebow declares support for I'll bet on

Comment

Crystal Palace have lost only two of their last 30 League Cup matches at Selhurst Park, winning 24 of them. They are 2/1 to beat Cardiff tonight Shirley they're worth a tickle?

Comment

Most bizarre interview question you've ever been asked?

Sister in final round for a job with Google.

"I'm going to leave the room now, I'll be back in 2 minutes, please stay seated. I want you to count the number of ping pong balls in this room right now, and then figure out how to explain this number to me. Good luck"

:mindfuck:

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          We did this on a training course before and the mirror was top of the list iirc. Reason being that most of the other things can keep you alive but the mirror can be used to save you (reflecting the sun on to overhead planes, boats, etc).
                                                                                          Surely it depends how many crew there are to determine whether it's the mirror or the water that's most important? The more people in the raft the more the balance shifts from survival to being saved. Staying alive for as long as possible is always key.
                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                            Most bizarre interview question you\'ve ever been asked?

\"I\'m going to leave the room now, I\'ll be back in 2 minutes, please stay seated. I want you to count the number of ping pong balls in this room right now, and then figure out how to explain this number to me. Good luck\"

Ask him if he meant to say table tennis balls when he gets back?
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Would anyone care to dissaude me from my opinion that Obama @8/11 is the Lock of The Year?
                                                                                              I was thinking the same early last year when he was almost evs, didn't act on it though.
                                                                                              You should be somewhat concerned that I've considered it, , though the Higgins lumpage worked out well.
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                Most bizarre interview question you've ever been asked?

"I'm going to leave the room now, I'll be back in 2 minutes, please stay seated. I want you to count the number of ping pong balls in this room right now, and then figure out how to explain this number to me. Good luck"

Previous girl was a Dutch prostitute!

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                Ask him if he meant to say table tennis balls when he gets back?
                                                                                                Na, say:
                                                                                                "Darling, did you mean Wiff Waff?"

Comment

It's not really Jamie.
                                                                                                  @literallyjames & @thebig_sam are two of the funniest fake twitter accounts around
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                    bah humbug
                                                                                                    the latest one?
                                                                                                    I thought it was pretty good, obvious alphas rip off in a part of it, but a nice take on the baskerville story
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                      Some good stuff last night re interviews. Have a friend doing one soon so only went through some stuff with him last night. Have forwarded on some of the posts from last night.

@Dom - Personally I wouldn't bring in a pen/paper but I wouldn't think it would present any problems either. I would think you should be able to remember some questions to ask at the end rather than having them written down. As for anything interesting that may be heard, surely that should come from you rather than the interviewer.

@OneIllCat - Honestly, the amount of people who will say their weakness is perfection or some such shit is unreal. If you want to stand out from the crowd don't use this. I heard about one lad who said his biggest weakness was blue smarties. He could leave the rest but the blue ones, no chance. When the interviewers were doing up their results they couldn't get him out of their head. A bit ott I know and probably an Urban myth but interesting all the same. I work in IT and I would normally say something like documenting my work is an area I need to improve on but i have set my self targets for this year, etc etc
                                                                                                      I was asked what are my main character weaknesses at the last interview.
                                                                                                      An inability to suffer fools gladly is not a good answer

Comment

mildly hilarious to see an Irish person making this point
                                                                                                        Ha, I can't add my traditional 'Of course, we ourselves are as guilty as any other democratic nation when it comes to our own voting tendancies...' after each and every comment on the voting patterns abroad, now can I?

Everyone knows how fucked up the 'Born an FF / FG / Labour voter, die an FF / FG / Labour voter' brigades are; reminds me of my favourite stupid patriotic phrase (of American origin, I believe!): 'My country, right or wrong!' Argh, how annoying it is that there are people out there who actually think like this!*

*some might say we've seen it ourselves on IPB in recent times; 'my football club, right or wrong!'

Comment

Fintan Tool was on BBC's Start the week where there was a quite good discussion of Austerity and the likes but the bould Fintan has to take it to the next level claiming "Whats happening in Ireland now is that civilisation is in threat...Children with learning difficulties cannot get any help"
                                                                                                          O'really Fintan is that so What a moron.
                                                                                                          And there I was this morning at the purpose built Autistic day school with buses delivering children from all over the county as I listened to the late Mary Raftery on the radio talking about how we used to treat such children.
                                                                                                          Oh well we lost a great journalist today but we still have Fintan as the voice of sanity. Sigh!
                                                                                                          Im still waiting to hear Fintan tell the brothers that maybe if we cut their pay we could have all the services we like. Paying the Germans to hold your money is madness - thats a surefire way to lose quite a bit of capital value imo.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Dom id bring a few copies of my CV and some paper etc in my folio going to an interview. Id also have some questions written out to ask but wouldnt refer to the list except to confirm at the end of the meeting that I had asked all of my questions. It shows preperation without distracting or looking like some sort of prop or crutch.

If the meeting was a free flowing conversation I might not even open my folio.
                                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Coachella line up is pretty sick.

If I wasnt off Id be spending some wad on getting out to it.
                                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Trippie they still mourning in Bogota for the para god who got killed on Christmas day? My mate is down in Santa Marta and is saying all the shops bar the carafor have being closed since it happened.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_802593.html
                                                                                                                was a national holiday here yesterday, most people are still away, they normally head to the coast for christmas and new years. from the 3rd onwards they go to Pasto for the black and white festival and then manizales after as bull fighting season season kicks off so its literally just one big party for a week or so

Comment

I have to say I was never a fan of Sex and the City, but after seeing War Horse I have a much better opinion of Sarah Jessica Parker!

Comment

What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
                                                                                                                    Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.
                                                                                                                    How about achieving 103%?
                                                                                                                    What makes up 100% in life?
                                                                                                                    Here’s a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
                                                                                                                    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
                                                                                                                    Is represented as:
                                                                                                                    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:
                                                                                                                    H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
                                                                                                                    8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

And
                                                                                                                    K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
                                                                                                                    11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
                                                                                                                    But
                                                                                                                    A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
                                                                                                                    1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%
                                                                                                                    And,
                                                                                                                    B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
                                                                                                                    2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.
                                                                                                                    A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
                                                                                                                    1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there.
                                                                                                                    Its the Bullshit and Ass Kissing that will put you over the top.
                                                                                                                    Now you know why some people are where they are!
                                                                                                                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                                    http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                                      http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Obama fan here, but devils advocate case would be that despite basically everything falling perfectly into place for him in 2008 (great campaign, momentum, novelty value, crap opponent, Sarah Palin) he only managed 52.9% of the vote (though the 'lectrical colleges was 365 to 173).

He won some traditional red states by an even lesser percentage margin.
                                                                                                                        There is no good case for him winning any extra states above 2008, so its a case of seeing where he'll lose.
                                                                                                                        Virginia (13 votes), North Carolina (15), Indiana (11) and Florida (27) are very likely to go back red (fairly unheard of to vote twice in a row for Dem in the likes of Indiana) which brings it theoretically down to 299 v 239.

Somewhere like Ohio with its 20 votes now becomes absolutely fucking mega important. 51.5% for Obama here last time means its a vulnerable now, and its the sort of place where the election will be won and lost.

8/11 is prob fair value but its no rick.

Comment

I was looking forward to interviewing a ridic over qualified candidate this afternoon but she cancelled... Maybe she knew the answer to the ping pong balls question.

That kind of stuff is bollocks all it is useful for is for the interviewers to have a bit of craic.

I posted before about a ridiculous group interview I did for a crowd in town where they were doing moronic ethical dilemma scenarios for a Software development job. They are el Busto now obv.
                                                                                                                          But I was thinking that if you did need to do one of those group dynamics things a live game of werewolf would be awesome for it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X