X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    ah, OK I understand. I think.

so in theory I could get rid of my broadband, turn my phone into a WiFi hotspot and connect all my other laptops etc to it?
    Yep and best provider for this is 3. with their All you can eat data offer.

Only worth it if you have decent 3 coverage obv

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
      Hmm, did you go for an upgraded graphics card in the end? If I get that desktop I'll swap out the crappy GT 530 for a much more powerful HD 6850 I have, will be able to play almost all games at maximum settings. If I didn't already have a graphics card, I'd spring for the HD 6870 probably, can pick these up for about €150 (Dell asking for much more for some reason) and they are awesome.

Still haven't decided about it yet, could sell my existing PC for about €250 I'd say so net cost wouldn't be too much; it's almost more of a pain to think about the hassle of setting it up, reinstalling everything, removing Dell's crappy bloatware, and so on!
      Didn't Dell upgrade the card,no,for the reasons you say.Someone in the thread reccomended a card that was over €100 quid extra via Dell.I just want to be able to comfortably play the new Total War games.If the card in it will do that,I might not even need to change up.

Those coupons the OP provided were massive,fairPlay to him.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        ah, OK I understand. I think.

so in theory I could get rid of my broadband, turn my phone into a WiFi hotspot and connect all my other laptops etc to it?
        Yeah thats it. i wouldnt recommend getting rid of the BB at home though. The phone wifi wont have a very long range and the mrs would probably like to have BB when your phone is in the uk with you. Very handy for downloading a movie from your cousins to watch on the laptop or tablet when abroad as the hotel wifi may not allow you access to the necessary websites.

i also find aertv.ie a great little website for watching irish tv channels when abroad or on the move.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          How much for the SSD? Thinking about putting one in my Macbook.
          Depending on your macbook model there are a few mods out there to remove the internal dvd drive and replace it with an SSD. Might be worth looking into. I only use DVD/CD these days for installing an OS which I can do off a USB flash drive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
            Recorded a 2hr highlights show off Sky and assumed it'd be a round-up of all the weekend's games. Basically only showed the 2 matches that they had live rights to. The Tebow one was 7-3 and "highlights" lasted an hour. Not the great spectacle to get me overly interested!!

What show should i bo looking for to see loads of games' highlights? Or is this possible? Would def have preferred to watch a 14-37 one than a 7-3 one!!! Think Sky got the two worst games of the weekend looking at scores.
            www.nfl.com will have scoring highlights of all games afaik. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights

The regular season is into the knockout playoffs now, so there'll only be a game or two each matchday from now on until the final next month.
            You are home to Atlanta in the last 12.

Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 04-01-12, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
              2 signings? Henderson is a donkey. Adam has a good left foot, but need too much time. Downing is playing like a lower division winger atm. Gerrard is well past it. Lucas was v good til he got injured. That's about it. They need a whole new midfield pretty much.
              lol

Have you actually watched the chap play lately? Or are you still judging a 21 year old that's just left his hometown club and been played out of position at a new club with huge pressure on his shoulders in his first couple of games?

Henderson is the least of our worries at the moment.

Comment

Who is Painter and what did he get a wildcard into?
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Who is Painter and what did he get a wildcard into?
                  He's an arrowsmith.

Wild card into Darts Premier League, a mega money 8player 14week Barry Hearn tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                    Didn't Dell upgrade the card,no,for the reasons you say.Someone in the thread reccomended a card that was over €100 quid extra via Dell.I just want to be able to comfortably play the new Total War games.If the card in it will do that,I might not even need to change up.

Those coupons the OP provided were massive,fairPlay to him.
                    Good call - wait to see what the story is; I do know that the newest Total War game, Shogun 2, is a real resource-hog and will certainly need a much better card. I got the game myself a few months ago but haven't had the time to play it yet, and picked up Empire and Napoleon in a recent Steam sale, haven't played them yet either. Played and loved both Medieval and Rome back in the day, awesome games, they should run perfectly on the GT 530 by the way!

Let us know how you get on anyhow. Very likely I'll purchase myself later today, the only extra component I'll go for is a wireless card for €20, that plus my HD 6850 and I won't have to change desktops for three+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      In fairness, United's squad is far from average when they're not going through injury crises.

Defensively you've got the likes of the Da Silvas, Smalling, Jones and Evans as backup (probably one of them playing along with Vidic Ferdinand and Evra).

Up front is embarrassingly well stocked with Rooney, Welbeck, Berbatov, Hernandez without even bothering to mention the likes of Owen and Macheda.

Midfield they've got great options on the wing with Nani, Young, Valencia, Park, Giggs.

CM is the only area where they're not great, and even then calling it average is a touch harsh - Carrick, Cleverly, Anderson, Giggs, Jones

Defensively must be the best squad in the league, up front it's a toss-up with City, on the wings they're as good as anyone.

Fergie is by no means working miracles with a load of journeymen the way some seem to think.
                      United have a strongish first XI, but there was a time when our second string would walk into most teams in the league. Not anymore, by my reckoning we need a left back, a centre midfielder & a striker at a minimum.

I still have high hopes for Anderson, but Evans, Macheda, Diouf, Gibson & arguably Park aren't good enough. Evra hasn't played a good match for about 18 months now and is a liability.

Giggs & Ferdinand may still be there next year, but their influence is beyond waning, Vidic may not come back the same player at all and god only knows if Fletcher will ever recover. Meanwhile the Da Silvas are made of glass, and Cleverly doesn't look much better.

Berbatov & Owen are both out of contract and will be gone in the summer.

United have big gaps to fill, but unfortunately everyone else is so shit that we'll probably finish at least second without fixing any of it. I still think we'll win the league this year by the way, but we do have a shocking lack of depth.
                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Click this link

Look at the comments on the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                          United have a strongish first XI, but there was a time when our second string would walk into most teams in the league. Not anymore, by my reckoning we need a left back, a centre midfielder & a striker at a minimum.

I still have high hopes for Anderson, but Evans, Macheda, Diouf, Gibson & arguably Park aren't good enough. Evra hasn't played a good match for about 18 months now and is a liability.

Giggs & Ferdinand may still be there next year, but their influence is beyond waning, Vidic may not come back the same player at all and god only knows if Fletcher will ever recover. Meanwhile the Da Silvas are made of glass, and Cleverly doesn't look much better.

United have big gaps to fill, but unfortunately everyone else is so shit that we'll probably finish at least second without fixing any of it. I still think we'll win the league this year by the way, but we do have a shocking lack of depth.
                          Heh, I disagree with a lot of that, but not going to go through it line by line. Different strokes

Comment

Thought Anderson was confirmed to be not good enough by most already. He has been around a good while now.

Comment

an old one, but still brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                Good call - wait to see what the story is; I do know that the newest Total War game, Shogun 2, is a real resource-hog and will certainly need a much better card. I got the game myself a few months ago but haven't had the time to play it yet, and picked up Empire and Napoleon in a recent Steam sale, haven't played them yet either. Played and loved both Medieval and Rome back in the day, awesome games, they should run perfectly on the GT 530 by the way!

Let us know how you get on anyhow. Very likely I'll purchase myself later today, the only extra component I'll go for is a wireless card for €20, that plus my HD 6850 and I won't have to change desktops for three+ years.
                                Yep,superb series.On my current machine I can run games up to Rome TW comfortably,it's from Empire on that it start to cough and splutter.Shogun 2 is the one Im mad to get at.May have to come back to you alright,ta.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                  Depending on your macbook model there are a few mods out there to remove the internal dvd drive and replace it with an SSD. Might be worth looking into. I only use DVD/CD these days for installing an OS which I can do off a USB flash drive anyway.
                                  Its the latest edition 13" Macbook Pro what I was thinking about was upgrading to an SSD and using the old hard drive (320gb) as an external with the price of drives gone up I will wait till they drop again before trying to pick up a 1tb.

What's the price of a 128gb SSD in your place? I don't really need a lot of space as I hope to keep most of my stuff (music/tv shows/movie/pics) all on a separate drive.
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    He's an arrowsmith.

Wild card into Darts Premier League, a mega money 8player 14week Barry Hearn tournament.

Comment

Just back from Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, thought it was pretty good. Much preferred it to the original film and thought Rooney Mara was very good in it. Not sure if you haven't read the books will you be guessing about certain parts tho?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                        Click this link

Look at the comments on the bottom
                                        hmmm

why are so many people thanking this - its not that funny - GL in the IO satt
                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 04-01-12, 18:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Park has his role to play, Berbatov got a new contract last week, and is a massive confidence player, as proven in the last few games. he can still do a job

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                              Hesten Blumenthal show on C4 tonight at 9pm - should be good.
                                              Pretty sure its on at 8 given the trillion ads I saw for it then some Fabulous Bakers Brothers chef prog on after it

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                Pretty sure its on at 8 given the trillion ads I saw for it then some Fabulous Bakers Brothers chef prog on after it
                                                C4+1 @ 9
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                  Hesten Blumenthal show on C4 tonight at 9pm - should be good.
                                                  It's about beef tonight I think,not sure what to make of the guy though.Think I'd rather learn the rules fully first before how to break them.

Comment

Comment

My little after xmas treat, Love them!!

Drove to newbridge to the factory shop for them. A bargain!

Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

BBV More Help required:

Back home at the min. Ive got two options,one of which has come to me today:

Go back to Oz:
                                                        Work for a while, save proper cash, enjoy Australia.
                                                        Back to Melbourne (which I love).

Work as a guide for Hanoi Backpackers on their Halong Bay tours;
                                                        Free drink, accom, visa and food +$300 a month.
                                                        Essentially be the leader of the Jolly Roger tour boat/
                                                        Delay Oz for 3 months, wont be saving much.

Decisions decisions:

One thing, the flights to Hanoi are 500 euro thereabouts and from there to Oz is 400 euro or thereabouts. Direct flights this month to Oz are 900 or thereabouts so its a tricky one.
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Women and fecking yankee candles, so weird

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                            Park has his role to play, Berbatov got a new contract last week, and is a massive confidence player, as proven in the last few games. he can still do a job
                                                            I think Berbatov is a fantastic player, and I don't want him to leave. Ferguson has said he'll be "looking at it in March" that wasn't a confirmation as far as I can see, just something to put off the January scramble. I really hope he stays though.

Park did have a role to play, and he gives 100% every time he's on the pitch, but he's limited and has gone backwards imo.

As for Anderson, I think he started the season brilliantly and even at the weekend looked good on his return. I think he's finally started to show some of his potential and will come good in the second half of this season. There's been a few false dawns though, so while I hope I'm right I'm prepared to be wrong.
                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                              BBV More Help required:

Go back to Oz:

Decisions decisions:

One thing, the flights to Hanoi are 500 euro thereabouts and from there to Oz is 400 euro or thereabouts. Direct flights this month to Oz are 900 or thereabouts so its a tricky one.
                                                              at some point the excessive partying gets boring no? guess it comes down to whether or not 3 months of that is worth it or have you had enough recently. Seems financially if you can stump up the cost the flights then its not a problem

Comment

BBV More Help required:

Go back to Oz:

Decisions decisions:

Hanoi imo. You've been in Oz for a while already and it can wait.

Would delaying affect job prospects in Oz?

Comment

Comment

3 Months partying does get boring. I wish I could say that Hanoi wouldnt be another 3 months of it but I guess its what you make it.

Delaying wouldnt have any affect on Job prospects, Id still have a year from when I actually arrive in Oz.

On the other hand, the point of this second year in oz is to save up some serious cash. Hanoi would essentially break even in real terms but cost me 3 months of saving.
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

BBV More Help required:

Go back to Oz:

Decisions decisions:

Do the fun thing for 3 months. Real life will always be there enjoy fucking about while you can

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                        lol

Have you actually watched the chap play lately? Or are you still judging a 21 year old that's just left his hometown club and been played out of position at a new club with huge pressure on his shoulders in his first couple of games?

Henderson is the least of our worries at the moment.
                                                                        He didn't seem to be bursting with potential at sunderland whenever I saw him. And each time I've seen him play for pool, he hasn't looked up to much either. Very poor signing imo. But a great signing when compared to Andy Carrlol

I do agree pool have many bigger things to worry about though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                          This app can can shut down your 3g data when you are about to go over your limit. You may be using it already but have not activated this setting.

You may wan't to consider changing to Vodafone Simply 100 (1 month rolling contract) with a 1GB data add on for €30-. Good value basic plan. Other providers offer good prices but coverage can suck balls in spots.

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/price...p?code=SimOnly
                                                                          Yeah I didn't realise 3G Watchdog had an option to kick in and cut the data. I should be fine on PAYG. I have good friends for a decade who have probably never had a phone call from me

I demand a life ban for Theresa if he doesn't avail of the opportunity to be the leader of something called the Jolly Roger boar tour in Vietnam.

Comment

Iv never been one for just fucking about, i've lived in london, dallas and now colombia, i always prefer settling down somewhere and using it as a base camp as opposed to just boozing it up for an extended period.

you may plan on not partying for 3 months but thats not going to work out, as corbet says life will be waiting, end of the day its up to you, whats the plan for after oz and your year of saving, is it to go travel somewhere else or try stay on there. Does travelling somewhere else 3 months sooner sound more appealing than Hanoi firstly

Comment

Belinda Heggen deals Mark Aiston a low blow. See more at www.tennews.com.au
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                My little after xmas treat, Love them!!

Drove to newbridge to the factory shop for them. A bargain!

How much are they in the factory shop?
                                                                                I like the cinnamon ones personally, got one for our house in dublin as it reminds me of home. Might pick up a few more.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                    I installed a new 256gb SSD into my laptop replacing the broken mechanical drive in it before, also put in 8gig of ram while I was at it. Wow that SSD makes some difference. Fully boots in about 25 seconds now
                                                                                    How can you find out which type of SSD you would need? I bought this laptop over 2 years ago and it's still pretty high spec compared to whats out there but the 5400rpm HDD is noticeably slow I think. Is there any SSD that you would recommend for this?

Comment

wtf is it with people betting a big blind into a 10 bb pot these days in tourneys on Stars. Not sure what that is supposed to achieve

Comment

They are made to fit in the same place as existing laptop HDD's, around 128 gig be about right. Any music/vids you have over and above that should be stored on an external or ideally a network hard drive
                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                          They are made to fit in the same place as existing laptop HDD's, around 128 gig be about right. Any music/vids you have over and above that should be stored on an external or ideally a network hard drive
                                                                                          Is there any specific type of SSD that I should be looking at to replace my current drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                                                            I like the cinnamon ones personally, got one for our house in dublin as it reminds me of home. Might pick up a few more.

someone taken over multis acc.....

also ...gay

Comment

wtf is it with people betting a big blind into a 10 bb pot these days in tourneys on Stars. Not sure what that is supposed to achieve
                                                                                              jeez its fucking tilting, the spaniards are the biggest offenders.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                How can you find out which type of SSD you would need? I bought this laptop over 2 years ago and it's still pretty high spec compared to whats out there but the 5400rpm HDD is noticeably slow I think. Is there any SSD that you would recommend for this?

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...er=VGNFW490JFT
                                                                                                I'm not sure I just googled my laptop model and SSD and read a few threads on various forums. There are SATA II and SATA III types, no noticeable price difference (if anything the newer SATA III is cheaper). i imagine any 2.5" SSD will work fine. The one I got is a SATA III drive but the motherboard on my laptop can only handle SATA II, still fully compatible but it just limits the speed (3gb/sec transfer instead of 6). I can't get over how much of a difference it has made. My laptop is pretty good spec but it is so much faster now. Bootup is ridic fast and programs open pretty much instantly.

Comment

No WPT Sat 2nite?

Comment

Women and fecking yankee candles, so weird
                                                                                                    +infinity
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      No WPT Sat 2nite?
                                                                                                      Monies required for real life stuff so live pokers to one side for the moment, dont think I'll even be about for the IPC sat tomorrow either

gl if you head over, may wander in for a look later anyhow

Comment

Amateur attempt at sandbagging?
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Just back from Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, thought it was pretty good. Much preferred it to the original film and thought Rooney Mara was very good in it. Not sure if you haven't read the books will you be guessing about certain parts tho?
                                                                                                          Saw it today also and thought it was excellent. Had not read the books or seen the original movie so had no expectations whatever - just knew the book was v popular. Have u read all the books? Without giving anything away are the others just as good as the first? If I was to read them would I have to read book 1 now that I've seen the movie? What do u reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                                                                            Most of the large ones are 15 quid (€27 ish in shops), They also have xmas twin packs( medium size) which would have that cinnamon smell for 12 quid.

The small little ones that stick in glass yokes are only €1.

You will prob like this one as I smelt it today very strong cinnamon smell from it.

Yankee Candle partner since 1999. Based in Co. Kildare. Our brands are Yankee Candle, WoodWick Candle, Ashleigh & Burwood, Boles d'Olor & Kildare Candle Barn
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

can I watch a film on the laptop while in the bath (with candles lighting ) or would the steam fuck up the laptop?
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                                                                                                                Saw it today also and thought it was excellent. Had not read the books or seen the original movie so had no expectations whatever - just knew the book was v popular. Have u read all the books? Without giving anything away are the others just as good as the first? If I was to read them would I have to read book 1 now that I've seen the movie? What do u reckon?
                                                                                                                Some of the stuff in Book 1 left out of the film and makes it all the better for it IMO. Eh yeah, cos some elements are slightly changed so would make more sense in the books. Book 1 very good, Book 2 good but towards end I felt was weakening... Book 3 awful, gave up after about 100 pages.

Did you think the film leant itself to be left open for a future film (apart from very last scene). I thought it was very good as a stand alone film but didn't leave any obvious avenue for a sequel (which the book does better)

Comment

I'm looking for good recent pop/hip hop/party tunes. Any recommendations?

Comment

can I watch a film on the laptop while in the bath (with candles lighting ) or would the steam fuck up the laptop?
                                                                                                                    They have a sale on them in Homestore as well afaik - €13.50.

They're the nuts alright.

Comment

L O L

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                        L O L
                                                                                                                        I take it thats a no then?
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Some of the stuff in Book 1 left out of the film and makes it all the better for it IMO. Eh yeah, cos some elements are slightly changed so would make more sense in the books. Book 1 very good, Book 2 good but towards end I felt was weakening... Book 3 awful, gave up after about 100 pages.

Did you think the film leant itself to be left open for a future film (apart from very last scene). I thought it was very good as a stand alone film but didn't leave any obvious avenue for a sequel (which the book does better)
                                                                                                                          I think with any adaptation you are going to leave out certain parts of a book so not surprised about that.

Don't think there was anything too sequel orientated in the ending but I suppose it did leave a couple of things unresolved which could be ironed out later.

In some ways I think the whole financial angle toward the end (not giving anything away) could well have been left over to a second movie (even tho it's in the first book). It seemed a bit rushed tbh and maybe more could have been made of it.

Thought the acting was top notch and Rooney Mara was superb in particular. Overall a very good yarn, maybe a little predictable but well worth the watch imo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X