Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely dog going available in the D15 area if anyone wants him.
    Definitely a friendly little chap, I was one of those out feeding him during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
      Suarez's own testimony is that he said “Por que, negro?"
      The report was also very clear that while they took into account the different ways in which the word could be interpreted in South America, he job of the commission was to determine whether what Suarez said was offensive in England:

SPOILER
      Paragraph 202
      Thirdly, the experts' confine their conclusions on Mr Evra's and Mr Suarez's accounts to
      how the word would be understood in Uruguay and Spanish-speaking America more
      generally, They were right to do so, no doubt recognising that whilst it is legitimate and
      helpful for the experts to give their opinion on whether or not the word might be used to
      offend in Uruguay and Latin America, it is the Commission's task to decide whether the
      use of the word in England is abusive or insulting
      . The use of the word in a particular way
      might be seen as inoffensive by many in Uruguay. The same use of the same word in
      England might nevertheless be abusive or insulting.

100% agree ... it never registered with me that the experts were from Manchester, and tbh it does tarnish their input to the report.

Not if they are City supporters

Comment

Anyone else trying to give up the cigarettes for New years?

Picking the first proper day back into the office to start wasn't one of my better ideas

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
          The report was also very clear that while they took into account the different ways in which the word could be interpreted in South America, he job of the commission was to determine whether what Suarez said was offensive in England
          That was how the Commission interpreted their role. As I've said I have serious concerns with the internal logic and approach of the Commission overall.
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

4 hours sleep and first world problems you are giving the term venting a bad name Paul!!

Try two hours sleep on a concrete floor with a back spasm, fucking lucky bastard!!

Btw unpaid leave tends to be something employers look kindly on these days if you pitch it correctly...I know you don't have the cover you once had in terms of personnel but it should be manageable to get a few extra days..longer term it could definitely be negotiated in the right job to have 3 months off.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
            Had the worst night's sleep in a very long time, perhaps years, last night - had a good few things on my mind, which didn't help, so despite getting to bed by midnight ready for a full 8 hours, I couldn't fall asleep until 1.30am.

A half an hour later the burglar alarm goes off! Never happened before, I shoot downstairs to see what's up (not particularly looking forward to chasing some skinny local scumbag out of the living room, but preparing myself to do so!), the alarm panel says that the area that triggered the alarm was the living room glass door onto the 'private' courtyard in the centre of the apartment complex (we're in a duplex and this damn courtyard is the weak link in terms of security of the gaff, have seen randomers walking around in there occasionally) but the door is secure - I'm wondering could an opportunistic would-be-thief set off the alarm by just trying the outside handle of the door to see if it is unlocked? Sound realistic? Otherwise, I've no idea why it went off, unless the windy weather somehow did it!

The funny thing about the alarm is that since I was down in G-town for over a week over Christmas and the GF has been in Australia for the same period, I was slightly worried the gaff would be robbed while we were gone and I'd arrive back on Sunday to irate neighbours who had to listen to the alarm in the meantime - instead it goes off for the first time last night!

Anyhow, after scouting around like a male lion surveying his territory for threats and encroachers - - I found it even harder to get back to sleep and probably only managed 4 hours in total last night. Suffice to say I'm not going to be operating at anywhere close to 100% today!

One of the things which was on my mind last night, annoyingly preventing sleep, was the realisation that I just don't have enough holiday days available for the plans I have been making for 2012. I have a close friend's wedding to go to in July in Poland, and will probably spend a week over there (hopefully visit Prague during this trip, have never been). In August / September we're going to Australia, and there is no point going for less than three weeks I think. So, that's almost all my holidays right there! Also would like a week skiing in February, a week in Vegas at some point and a few long weekends here and there, just to recharge the batteries, but no idea how I can manage any of this. First world problems I know, but that's part of what keeps me awake at night, literally! Do many people have employers that are liberal when it comes to unpaid leave? I need to find that kind of work at some stage; maybe if I find somewhere that allows me to work 9 months a year (don't mind only being paid for 9 months, I'm not greedy) it would ensure I stay longer in that situation, rather than moving every few years to get these longer breaks.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
              Watched In Bruges there for the first time after all the talk about it in here. Loved it! Good few laugh out loud moments in it.. Can't believe I'd never seen it before. The girl in it is amazing too.

Fucking dark and windy out now! Having to go into work is such a pain!

Boom.. Hit with a 30c increase on dublin bus. 1.85 -> 2.15. Have a feeling there'll be murder about this one!
              Yeah seen the new bus prices last night, seems a bit ott as I think the last time they went up it was only by a small bit now they have just shot up.

I think if you use one of those new leap cards the same fare would cost you €1.95 instead of €2.15

Had never really paid a lot of attention to it but had a little read around on boards about it and it seemed that the general idea was that Dublin bus stages are out of date and need to be revised.

Had the worst night's sleep in a very long time, perhaps years, last night - had a good few things on my mind, which didn't help, so despite getting to bed by midnight ready for a full 8 hours, I couldn't fall asleep until 1.30am.

A half an hour later the burglar alarm goes off! Never happened before, I shoot downstairs to see what's up (not particularly looking forward to chasing some skinny local scumbag out of the living room, but preparing myself to do so!), the alarm panel says that the area that triggered the alarm was the living room glass door onto the 'private' courtyard in the centre of the apartment complex (we're in a duplex and this damn courtyard is the weak link in terms of security of the gaff, have seen randomers walking around in there occasionally) but the door is secure - I'm wondering could an opportunistic would-be-thief set off the alarm by just trying the outside handle of the door to see if it is unlocked? Sound realistic? Otherwise, I've no idea why it went off, unless the windy weather somehow did it!

The funny thing about the alarm is that since I was down in G-town for over a week over Christmas and the GF has been in Australia for the same period, I was slightly worried the gaff would be robbed while we were gone and I'd arrive back on Sunday to irate neighbours who had to listen to the alarm in the meantime - instead it goes off for the first time last night!

Anyhow, after scouting around like a male lion surveying his territory for threats and encroachers - - I found it even harder to get back to sleep and probably only managed 4 hours in total last night. Suffice to say I'm not going to be operating at anywhere close to 100% today!

One of the things which was on my mind last night, annoyingly preventing sleep, was the realisation that I just don't have enough holiday days available for the plans I have been making for 2012. I have a close friend's wedding to go to in July in Poland, and will probably spend a week over there (hopefully visit Prague during this trip, have never been). In August / September we're going to Australia, and there is no point going for less than three weeks I think. So, that's almost all my holidays right there! Also would like a week skiing in February, a week in Vegas at some point and a few long weekends here and there, just to recharge the batteries, but no idea how I can manage any of this. First world problems I know, but that's part of what keeps me awake at night, literally! Do many people have employers that are liberal when it comes to unpaid leave? I need to find that kind of work at some stage; maybe if I find somewhere that allows me to work 9 months a year (don't mind only being paid for 9 months, I'm not greedy) it would ensure I stay longer in that situation, rather than moving every few years to get these longer breaks.
              Encroachers
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                right - predictions for 2012 please, let's make some money:

Irish house prices to fall by more than 10% Could be as much as 20% this year..
                Croke Park Agreement to be 'revisited' in the Autumn No. 2013 before they finally get around to it
                Labour to come under immense pressure in Govt as troika applies the squeeze again this will take longer then you think especially as we'll get a sweetner from ze germans at some stage this year which will be an excuse to forgo the medicine
                Euro to hold together as Krauts finally get the message, ECB monetizes debt
                Romney to get the Rep nomination (and get slaughtered in the GE)

Ireland win 6N The very hard way with no grand slam
                Leinster win everything I'm already funking hold in my head.....
                United win the League Couldn't give a shite
                Barca win CL again ditto
                McIlroy to win another major.

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post

Picking the first proper day back into the office to start wasn't one of my better ideas
                  having visions of this:

Airplane! The movie with highlights of Lloyd Bridges' "I picked the wrong week. . ." for cigarettes, drinking, amphetemines, glue. Pure classic.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm not back in work until Thursday. Just thought I'd share that.

Adding to that my wife went back today, so I've a free gaff to do what I want.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Bit drunk now but looking for help, so I'll try my best to articulate.

Hoping one or two of you may have the same chopper.

I crashed it for about the 73rd time and it just stopped working. The bottom rotor spins for about 3 seconds then cuts out. In the pic you'll see two cogs, the top one controls the bottom rotor and the bottom one controls the top rotor.

The bottom cog (top rotor) is inactive while the top cog (bottom rotor) spins as normal, also a little blue led flashes continuously when I switch the chopper on then stops flashing.

I do realise the slimness of my chance of resolving this, but the bbv has delivered in lessor circumstances, life and death yo

Use the USB lead to charge it, either to the controller or a laptop
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                        Can anyone recommend an Android app to save web articles to read later?

Perhaps one that would work with my chrome browser as well, ie articles I save on my phone I can look on computer and vice versa. Happy to pay for one if it's the best option.

Any help appreciated.
                        would www.readitlaterlist.com do it?
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Easy there horse, one step at a time !

I am not going to do anything drastic like quitting amphetamines or Glue anytime soon

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU

because of this clip every commentator in the states uses the term "put the team on your back" and fans go wild when Darren sharper makes a tackle "hardest hitting safety in the league".

Apparently Greg Jennings netted a few more $$$ because of tv appearances and local ads directly after this video

the states

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU

because of this clip every commentator in the states uses the term "put the team on your back" and fans go wild when Darren sharper makes a tackle "hardest hitting safety in the league".

Apparently Greg Jennings netted a few more $$$ because of tv appearances and local ads directly after this video

the states
                              You didn't post his GOAT video.

True Meaning of determination=Marshawn Lynch play against the saints. Watching this play reminded me of how Greg Jennings felt when he put the team on his ba...

Probably not suitable for work as Luis Suarez's cousin is doing commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                Use the USB lead to charge it, either to the controller or a laptop
                                I'll try that, but I'm not sure it's the problem. It happened directly after a horrific crash. Pilot and crew were uninjured thankfully.

Comment

Yeah I am getting off them once and for all this month... really hard when working though... I def think the whole 1 in the morning 1 in the afternoon (lunch) 1 in the evening, for a week is the way to go, then just remove the afternoon one in the next week and then the evening one, the morning one is going to be a bitch though!!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                    Yeah I am getting off them once and for all this month... really hard when working though... I def think the whole 1 in the morning 1 in the afternoon (lunch) 1 in the evening, for a week is the way to go, then just remove the afternoon one in the next week and then the evening one, the morning one is going to be a bitch though!!
                                    I am all or nothing tbh.

I was off them for 4 years and had one and went straight back on them, so I know trying to cut down isn't the way to go for me. I am using patches which is a bit of a help but mostly its going to be down to desire to off them and getting Pig headed and not giving into cravings.

Comment

Perhaps one that would work with my chrome browser as well, ie articles I save on my phone I can look on computer and vice versa. Happy to pay for one if it's the best option.

Any help appreciated.
                                      Evernote has a web clipping feature and has versions for most operating systems and mobile devices, there is a chrome plug in available too. Once you have it installed on all your devices it will synchronise whenever you are online.

Comment

Nice free £50 bet on the Manchester City v Liverpool tonight if anyone's gambooling.

Comment

shows Suarez how it's done

Comment

I am all or nothing tbh.

I was off them for 4 years and had one and went straight back on them, so I know trying to cut down isn't the way to go for me. I am using patches which is a bit of a help but mostly its going to be down to desire to off them and getting Pig headed and not giving into cravings.

Join a gym and stick to it, after a week or two when you start to feel fit, you'll have a much stronger desire not to smoke.

Also try stay off the gargle for a week or two.

Concentrate on the positives. For me it's food tasting better, not coughing my lungs up in the morning, getting a better sleep, not having bad smokers breath and generally looking better.

The mistake most people make is they concentrate too much on thinking they're missing something and feeling miserable about it. Concentrate totally on the gains and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              Nice free £50 bet on the Manchester City v Liverpool tonight if anyone's gambooling.
                                              These are such ridic good promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                I challenged Lloyd to answer my question or GTFO and STFU before he replied, I took no offence at his tone or the words he used. Unlike the many children who are facing racial taunts in schoolyards because the football heros think its ok.

If that post about Terry was supposed to answer to my question well it doesn't.

So you believe in free speech,don't we all. Its an argument that has been done to death in every context from section 32 through snuff movies to holocaust denial and incitement to racial hatred laws.
                                                Nice to see you switch to extremist Right Wing Libertarian arguments when they suit though.
                                                I've had time to think about this whole issue and have rarely expressed an opinion on it as my interests are fairly conflicted.
                                                Whilst I do believe that the words/phrases Evra reported are incorrect/exaggerated (ok, blackie,blackie,blackie comes to mind) , Suarez was stupid in his attempt to wind him up and rightly or wrongly made reference to his skin colour.
                                                In this day and age, you simply cannot do that and I did it in my job I'd be sacked. Getting banned for a few days is a light punishment.
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Listen to vid, look at gif

Fernando Miyata - Brazilian guitaristLive version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyCXAvlBehgNew Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/kradich Subscribe

Comment

Lol @ the head banging

Comment

Hello all and happy new year and hope ye all have a great 2012. Skimmed through the last few days and congrats Zutroy on the new baby.

Had a cracking time myself and looks like I missed the mass period that was going on here over Christmas so I guess a double score for me.

On the rise in bus fares I have now decided to keep all my little receipts and actually cash them in this year so don't worry Dublin bus will be losing a fortune this year on uncollected change. Much more doable than my quitting smoking restitution which I broke instantly. €2.15 seems steep but should really just invest in a 12 pass either way.

Out of interest Iona Paul what was your weapon of choice or were you going for a bare knuckle approach when defending your lair?

On the whole Suarez banning thing which I cant believe is still going there are 2 points.

1- He admitted it. He is now getting a ban but fire the guy who advised him that this was a good defense.

2- He is is being banned for using a racist word not for being a racist. Arguments saying he didn't mean it like that don't mean anything imo. PR coup for the FA that they get to hang someone famous out to dry and just great that he admitted to it so they dont have to flip flop on their decision due to public outcry.

In short is he a racist - relative to other South Americans probably not. Did he say the wrong thing and get caught. Yes indeed.

Andy Grey does not hate women either but he deserved to be fired. Not having a swastika or a kkk pillowcase hat is not really license to say whatever you like.
                                                        Last edited by RichieM; 03-01-12, 13:30.

Comment

Came home late from work the other day and decided to take a chance on some iffy chicken. grave grave mistake by all accounts so far

Comment

DP, I tried that and it didn't work, cheers dude. I'll just buy a new one.

Danny, pm me your address and I'll post you the USB charger.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                              I am worried!!

sitting sober in front of computer with no tabs open and no interest in playing !!

had started a personal log post with regard to a quest to play Irish Open but rambled on that much i thgt best to delete/cancel

as a matter of interest if one was to dedicate oneself to qualify how/what is best way?

ie, set aside x amount of $ and play sats?
                                                              set aside x amount of $ and grind towards buy in?
                                                              any other ideas?

really want to play it but dont want to buy in direct. I could but feel I dont have enough edge in live games to justify it and it would be a big hit on BR for a small stakes grinder like myself

really confused as to what is best way to approach this
                                                              Sell action on here maybe lets say you make a plan to qualify for $800. Sell 50% on here and then you will be investing $400. I think people would invest as your putting in hard work to get a seat and there getting a chance at a seat for minimal investment.
                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Watched the new Mission Impossible in the cinema earlier; I was pleasantly surprised, I thought it was better than the last two in the series anyhow. The action scenes and the tension building was done really well, and they are the two most important elements, the plot is only a device to allow these two elements to thrive! I think the scenes shot outside (or based outside in any case) the Burj Khalifa deserve to be seen on the big screen, they look absolutely incredible and the threat of a long, long drop was so impactful, everyone in the audience cringed a little anytime Tom looked like he was going to fall, very cool.

Ethan Hunt comes across as almost as much of a badass as Jason Bourne, if you can believe it. Tom kicked ass, the mad bastard does a good job onscreen, you gotta give him that. And finally, the chick is really hot, she looks awesome in her ballgown!

SPOILER
                                                                There were some very funny parts too, particularly when he smacks his faceplants into the car and the side of the hotel. Oh and she was very hot.

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                they should mic up the pitch for a game without telling the players.
                                                                I think they mic'd up a ref before, and the language was pretty bad. I'd love to see it done though

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                Came home late from work the other day and decided to take a chance on some iffy chicken. grave grave mistake by all accounts so far
                                                                You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!

Comment

Romney to get the Rep nomination (and get slaughtered in the GE)

France win 6N
                                                                  France for 6N is a Lay IMO

Romney is the only one in the race now who can possibly beat Obama (probably at best a 2 or 3/1 shot HU), I'd lay the bejaysus out of any of the runners in Iowa to make it to the White House and I'd have a few quid on none of them running against Obama.
                                                                  Everyone of their candidates are flat out crazies... I mean Romney is the nearest to sane
                                                                  If there is a chance he can Win they will get Jeb Bush to run and if not they will dig up some credible mainstream Republican who can give them a run for their money.

Any help appreciated.
                                                                  Evernote is one of the best pieces of software out there for notetaking and tying everything together.

Did you see the crossword question I asked the other day?

I'll root it out and bump it
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm A bit stuck on one clue in the Crosaire Christmas prize crossword
                                                                    32 Down

Pretty sure that I have the right answer and the logic for it being 'Baby' and its just a really shit clue...or am I missing something.

Maybe the CKid or anyone else who does it?

How are people getting on with the new guy? He doesn't seem to have the same sense of fun or make me smile as often as Derek did but it is challenging enough to keep me entertained.
                                                                    bump

Comment

better player pool than anyone else + new coach

everyone else fucked (see BO'D) after long hard WC season

plus we win in Paris approximately as often as they have revolutions

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                        You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!
                                                                        wouldnt imagine you were one to insert a bit of dickens into the bbv

Comment

I'd love to be a ref in a premiership soccer match.

I'd send a memo to both clubs before hand saying no shit shall be taken. That can be their first and last warning. Anyone talks to me bar the captain = yellow card. Any foul language = red card. Anyone grouping around me when I've made a decision = red card for anyone there. You get the message. The refs really need to start stamping their authority down and the players will soon adjust to who is boss.

Comment

I dont know. France will have a new manager and possibly a bit of harmony in the team which has been lacking under Lievermont and Leport (spelling is terrible I know) Also only they have wales away but us and england in Paris this year.

If they are anyway together I think it is a grand slam as I think they are a big step ahead of us, Wales and England. Battle for second will be close tho due to the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                              I'd love to be a ref in a premiership soccer match.
                                                                              Because the whole game is bent as fook and I could make a fortune out of it
                                                                              FYP

Comment

Eh PP not accepting bets from my jurisdiction
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                  Eh PP not accepting bets from my jurisdiction
                                                                                  you didn't hear?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                    Love this site.

Learn for free about math, art, computer programming, economics, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, finance, history, and more. Khan Academy is a nonprofit with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.

Great on mobile devices and tablets but sadly sucks balls in desktop browsers.

That's an amazing site, thanks man.

Comment

How are people getting on with the new guy? He doesn't seem to have the same sense of fun or make me smile as often as Derek did but it is challenging enough to keep me entertained.
                                                                                      FFS that's a tough crossword clue. how are you getting "baby" out of that?
                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

you didn't hear?
                                                                                        I assume this is to strike fear and worry into me
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                          FFS that's a tough crossword clue. how are you getting "baby" out of that?
                                                                                          lol, I read that post a few times the other day trying to figure out where the clue was.

Felt a bit stupid so I didn't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                            wouldnt imagine you were one to insert a bit of dickens into the bbv
                                                                                            I couldnt sleep last night and watched Muppets Christmas Carol. It reminded me of my favourite Dickens quote

Comment

Watched the new Mission Impossible in the cinema earlier; I was pleasantly surprised, I thought it was better than the last two in the series anyhow. The action scenes and the tension building was done really well, and they are the two most important elements, the plot is only a device to allow these two elements to thrive! I think the scenes shot outside (or based outside in any case) the Burj Khalifa deserve to be seen on the big screen, they look absolutely incredible and the threat of a long, long drop was so impactful, everyone in the audience cringed a little anytime Tom looked like he was going to fall, very cool.

Ethan Hunt comes across as almost as much of a badass as Jason Bourne, if you can believe it. Tom kicked ass, the mad bastard does a good job onscreen, you gotta give him that. And finally, the chick is really hot, she looks awesome in her ballgown!

SPOILER
                                                                                              The plot was LOL though.
                                                                                              Major Spoiler
                                                                                              SPOILER

1.So he faked her death so she'd live in peace, yet everyone thought she just left him, so she was in danger anyway. Then he goes see her anyway.
                                                                                              2.Old man beating up world's greatest spy
                                                                                              3. What made you think the flare would work. Cos they're idiots lolz

Comment

I couldnt sleep last night and watched Muppets Christmas Carol. It reminded me of my favourite Dickens quote
                                                                                                That happens me a lot, I'll remember a funny story or line, and within a day or two the context to use it arrives in the bbv.

The 'go fuck yourself' story being the latest example.
                                                                                                Last edited by Lazare; 03-01-12, 14:09.

Comment

I think its AB which is an abbreviation Able Seaman thats a fairly standard crossword convention inside the word BY giving BABY and babies need changing

If its right the changing part is crap the rest is ok.

Comment

such a great movie, being in bits isnt all that bad as the plan for the day is Senna, TT3D, The killing series 2, some football manager and a small bit of work

Comment

I think its AB which is an abbreviation Able Seaman thats a fairly standard crossword convention inside the word BY giving BABY and babies need changing

If its right the changing part is crap the rest is ok.
                                                                                                      So the clue is 'AB'?

And you have B_ _Y or _ _BY ?

How is 'Able Seaman' related to baby?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                        Out of interest Iona Paul what was your weapon of choice or were you going for a bare knuckle approach when defending your lair?
                                                                                                        Lol, would had to have been bare knuckle, don't have any weapons lying around! I'm pretty sure most would-be-burglars in old Dublin town are scrawny junkie types anyhow and would head out the way they came in fairly quickly if they spotted the man of the house coming.

Not much worth to steal in my gaff anyhow, barring a fair amount of electronics that couldn't be resold for too much.

I was living in a nice house in Mount Saint Annes in Milltown until last June; I've posted about this place before, the landlord declared bankruptcy in May and the bank's receivers just hasn't followed up about rent since (it was €2100 / mo for a really nice 4 bed, 4 bath place). Anyhow, despite feeling a bit silly moving out in mid-June and throwing away the opportunity for open-ended free accommodation, it seems I've dodged a bullet as the place has been burgled TWICE in the past two months! Both times during the day while the lads were out at work, someone small came in through a small window into the kitchen and then presumably opened the door to the rest of them. During the first break-in one of the lads had two laptops, two cameras and €1,200 in cash taken! Haven't checked back with them about the second time, hopefully his new replacement laptop wasn't taken, that would truly be painful. Wonder was it the same gang of thieves both times?

At the same time, if the lads count up how much they've saved in rent, they are probably still 'ahead' - if these things can be looked at that way!

Comment

My favourite crossword clue. I may have posted this before.

Clue - 'HIJKLMNO'

5 letters.

If you know it don't answer or just say I know it, be more fun for people to work it out.

Comment

So the clue is 'AB'?

How is 'Able Seaman' related to baby?
                                                                                                            I had _A_Y
                                                                                                            and the clue is
                                                                                                            One might get a change by taking in a sailor

so if a sailor is AB and it it taken in to BY ie AB inside BY gives you Baby

That's all fine and fits nicely to construct the word but the clue to tie it to the 'get a change' part of the clue doesn't work for me.

I'm posting it off anyway with Baby in but I'm not happy with it.

Comment

I attempted the crossword out in the parents on Xmas Day, don't remember that clue so presume I didn't get it.

With Evernote if I see an article while browsing on my phone how do I save it to Evernote? I can do it from the computer, but can't seem to figure out how to save it on my phone browser.
                                                                                                              Last edited by The C Kid; 03-01-12, 14:28. Reason: Nevermind: Figured it out. Cheers.

Comment

2011 - May we never forget

SPOILER

Comment

So the clue is 'AB'?

How is 'Able Semen' related to baby?
                                                                                                                  He cant spell cum properly obv

Comment

Clue - 'HIJKLMNO'

5 letters.

If you know it don't answer or just say I know it, be more fun for people to work it out.
                                                                                                                    Pretty sure I've seen that before

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Water?

Lol, would had to have been bare knuckle, don't have any weapons lying around! I'm pretty sure most would-be-burglars in old Dublin town are scrawny junkie types anyhow and would head out the way they came in fairly quickly if they spotted the man of the house coming.

Not much worth to steal in my gaff anyhow, barring a fair amount of electronics that couldn't be resold for too much.

I was living in a nice house in Mount Saint Annes in Milltown until last June; I've posted about this place before, the landlord declared bankruptcy in May and the bank's receivers just hasn't followed up about rent since (it was €2100 / mo for a really nice 4 bed, 4 bath place). Anyhow, despite feeling a bit silly moving out in mid-June and throwing away the opportunity for open-ended free accommodation, it seems I've dodged a bullet as the place has been burgled TWICE in the past two months! Both times during the day while the lads were out at work, someone small came in through a small window into the kitchen and then presumably opened the door to the rest of them. During the first break-in one of the lads had two laptops, two cameras and €1,200 in cash taken! Haven't checked back with them about the second time, hopefully his new replacement laptop wasn't taken, that would truly be painful. Wonder was it the same gang of thieves both times?

At the same time, if the lads count up how much they've saved in rent, they are probably still 'ahead' - if these things can be looked at that way!
                                                                                                                    Awful spate of burglaries around that neck of the woods in the last couple of months - probably only a matter of time before they move in my direction, must start locking the internal doors when we head out to work.

Comment

I had _A_Y
                                                                                                                      and the clue is

That's all fine and fits nicely to construct the word but the clue to tie it to the 'get a change' part of the clue doesn't work for me.

Changes from one word to another. 'BY' changes to 'BABY' by taking in an AB.

Comment

I had _A_Y
                                                                                                                        and the clue is

Getting changed is something I'd associate with a baby (nappy) pretty quickly, the "change" also points to the fact that you don't use "AB" the way you usually use it.

It's definitely right.

Comment

Clue - \'HIJKLMNO\'

5 letters.

If you know it don\'t answer or just say I know it, be more fun for people to work it out.
                                                                                                                          Stuck with one today myself.

Clue - Postman lost his sack.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X