This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    At least we agree on Declan o Sullivan being pretty much infallable.

I just think that if Brogan wasnt a Dub he wouldnt have won the POTY. It doesnt matter anyway its not really a significant title but barring exceptional circumstances has always gone to a member of the AI winning team. tbh Cork had plenty of contenders and nobody would have batted an eyelid if they won it
    If Brogan wasn't a Dub and had won this award for any other county you wouldn't be still talking about it a year later. I would have given it to Marty Clarke myself but it wasn't even semi controversial giving it to Bernard as he was definitely up there on the shortlist.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Brogan was the best player in last years championship and won POTY, Fair as could be........

Donegal, Armagh , Kildare have about same chance of winning Sam as Limerick, Galway, Dublin have of winning hurling

Comment

Is Malick's Tree Of Life released in Dublin today? Was thinking of driving up tomorrow to watch it.

Obviously not getting a release anywhere in the 3rd world out west.

Comment

I dunno why I bother - I always get tilted trying to argue in here

edit - Llyod is the most balanced poster on rugby obv

Comment

Your only lagging behind Lloyd in the drool/cringeworthy posts. A long way behind though.

But at least it's on your own fucking terms

Comment

Maths head, need quick answer.

6 dog race. How many combinations are there for all 6 in the finish

ie 1,2,3,4,5,6
              2,4,3,5,6,1 etc

is it 6x5x4x3x2x1 ??

Comment

yup, 6! (6 Factorial).

Comment

2 teams have a realistic chance of winning the hurling AI this year - Tipp and Killkenyy. No offence intended for other counties but they just arent good enough. I'll eat me words if Waterford win on Sunday.

In the football the following teams have a realistic chance;
                  Kerry
                  Cork
                  Donegal
                  Derry
                  Armagh but to a lesser extent than the others here
                  Tyrone
                  Kildare
                  Dublin

Basically you have the same amount of teams in contention for the football allireland that you have hurling teams that could stay within 10 points of Tipp and Kilkenny
                  Kilkenny currently are still the GOAT team and have the GOAT manager, fact. Nobody can refute this. You are still going to have any one of Galway, Tipp, Cork, Waterford and Dublin as realistic contenders every year for a number of years until Limerick, Clare, Wexford, Offaly and perhaps Antrim step back up or a couple of the realistic contenders elevate themselves. Also with higher no. of scores p/game in hurling it is very easy for a winning margin to "lie" about how close games actually are as it easy for a couple of goals to go either way.

In the last 30 years of GAA there have been 11 unique winners for football(Mayo and Ros the only teams to reach a final that hadn't won in subsequent years during this period) and 8 for hurling(Antrim the only team to make a final and not win in this period). Hurling has always had a smaller championship and less games so of course it is going to appear "more predictable". However with the current KK team of demi-god status and a smaller pool of teams competing it is no more predictable relative to football. You're probably going to compare hurling to the SPL next.

Comment

that's because your arguments are completely fallacious

pick a topic for the afternoon, non-sporting please, and we will construct a world-class argument around that instead
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Got to love the Irish Daily Star calling the NOTW a "rag" above a front-paged headline of "Woman Dies After Sex With Dog".

Genius.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                        Is Malick's Tree Of Life released in Dublin today? Was thinking of driving up tomorrow to watch it.

Obviously not getting a release anywhere in the 3rd world out west.
                        It's on in the IFI and Cineworld in town. Doesnt seem to be on in Vue which is bollox so will prob have to hit town to see it instead.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                          Got to love the Irish Daily Star calling the NOTW a "rag" above a front-paged headline of "Woman Dies After Sex With Dog".

Genius.
                          Must have been rough sex

Comment

heart vs head

that is the key

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

pick a topic for the afternoon, non-sporting please, and we will construct a world-class argument around that instead
                              The Government should legalise Hash and outlaw alcohol?

Comment

Also without reading that shite in the Star I'll be disappointed it there isnt a couple of mentions of "doggy style"

Comment

been done to death

Comment

been done to death
                                    you come up with one then and none of your doom and goom malarky

Comment

Setanta/Cuchulainn greatest hurler of all time esp, imagine how good he'd be with modern training methodddddrrrroooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.......... .........................

Comment

been done to death
                                        Can Euthanasia ever be ethical.

They ya go, blast away

Comment

you come up with one then and none of your doom and goom malarky
                                          the fact that Ireland did not suffer the full consequences of total war in either WW1 or WW2 has resulted in a bizarre and schizophrenic disposition towards the concept of 'Europe'

discuss

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                            Can Euthanasia ever be ethical.
                                            most fucking definitely

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                              Google+ invites wanted
                                              Bet against Hotspur on the Copa America and you are guaranteed to make mega bucks.
                                              Google+ invites wanted
                                              Strewelpeter is a bidet elitist
                                              Keane didn't get the gold card
                                              Lots of people want MichelleSatNav back
                                              Some people got stuck on the dark side of the BBV
                                              Emmet gets freaked out talking to people he can't see
                                              Yesterday(its after midnight) was troll day and reverso post day even though nobody officially told anybody
                                              Bubbleking claimed to be trolling about a meath footballer being the greatest ever
                                              The tall ships came and went
                                              Stunty wants to buy a new multipla
                                              LuckyLloyd said that KPnuts is a honourable man cast among villains at the sun newspaper
                                              KPnuts says lol
                                              Google+ invites required

I'm sure there is loads I've missed but hope that helps somewhat.
                                              kpnuts is drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                most fucking definitely

Discuss

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 08-07-11, 12:00.
                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The abolition of JLC's is a positive move for Ireland.
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Intellectual bulling or physical bulling...which is worse?

Discuss.
                                                      twitter
                                                      moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        The abolition of JLC's is a positive move for Ireland.
                                                        cheaper kebabs can never be a bad thing

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post

In
                                                            before we intellectually bully his spelling ability!
                                                            physical bulling is a well-known activity around his way

happens mainly in barns at dead of night, a small crate is required for best effect

Comment

Would Bertie in the Aras be such a bad thing

Comment

cheaper kebabs can never be a bad thing
                                                                In no fit state to pick an intellectual row. With you, of all people. But I never would have thought of the kebab as a particularly price elastic product!

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                  In no fit state to pick an intellectual row. With you, of all people. But I never would have thought of the kebab as a particularly price elastic product!
                                                                  in fairness, you could probably charge 20 quid a head at 3am in Zaitoon and still have a queue down the road

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                    Intellectual bulling or physical bulling...which is worse?

Discuss.
                                                                    Intellectual bullying far worse imo. Most people can take a good kicking on a regular basis (I know I did) but emotional bullying etc could really tear a person apart

Comment

Bullying can be positive as it gets children into line with the norms of society.

Discuss.

Comment

Intellectual bullying far worse imo. Most people can take a good kicking on a regular basis (I know I did) but emotional bullying etc could really tear a person apart
                                                                        builds character imo

the British ruled the world on the back of the public school system and there were never any negative consequences

Comment

Comment

Hey; surely David Norris to be nominated at 4/9 has to be free money? No way the various political groups can allow someone with apparently 39% popular support (twice the support of anyone else who is currently looking to be nominated) to not run for president?

Serious question btw as thinking of betting!
                                                                            I'm too busy waiting for my Mairead McGuinness horse to come in to care

wouldn't back Norris with your money even though I greatly admire and respect the man

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone rate this Joey O' Brien lad that used to play for Bolton? I know nothing about him but hes been included on a trial for our trip to Switzerland

Comment

26Th. http://www.dcu.ie/timetables/ac-11-12.shtml

I think the perils of relying on an amateur team is really showing. When support consolidates around the fg candidate they should be leading.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    I think the perils of relying on an amateur team is really showing. When support consolidates around the fg candidate they should be leading.
                                                                                    don't forget the Strewelpeter Theorem

i.e. that MMcG will be badly exposed once the real campaign kicks off. I won't care as I will be freerolling @ 11/1.

Comment

Wr need an IPB iPhone app. Are they expensive to make

The 2+2 one is decent

Comment

...

Comment

Re Norris, purely talking about him getting the nomination to be allowed to run for president; not whether he'll win the actual thing. Can't see how that can't happen ergo 4/9 = free money?!
                                                                                          how many nominations has he got locked up?

Comment

Re Norris, purely talking about him getting the nomination to be allowed to run for president; not whether he'll win the actual thing. Can't see how that can't happen ergo 4/9 = free money?!

But winning - depends on the culchies i suppose, and they will vote in greater numbers. As strewel said yesterday, it'll be a shame as she is a horrible person who has nothing to bring to the role; but as Raoul said yesterday, this is a betting decision not a moral contest
                                                                                            Says the guy from Laois

Comment

Yeah I have her at 12s. Although that's only to compensate me for the pain I'll have to go through if she's elected having to listen to a fg knob in my class in college that's part of her campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                Anyone rate this Joey O' Brien lad that used to play for Bolton? I know nothing about him but hes been included on a trial for our trip to Switzerland
                                                                                                Always thought he was useful - played mostly right-full for Bolton but I think they saw him as a central midfielder in the long term which says a lot. Pity about the injurys as Ireland could have done with a solid CM like him if he could have lasted.

Comment

how many nominations has he got locked up?
                                                                                                  One of four. mary davis has two I think and sean 5 with a bit of help from his friends.

You're relying on sympathy from fg hitchhiker.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                    Yeah I have her at 12s. Although that's only to compensate me for the pain I'll have to go through if she's elected having to listen to a fg knob in my class in college that's part of her campaign.
                                                                                                    surely you've resigned from FF at this stage?

what possible reason could you have for remaining

Comment

Is the Fitz game still the only decent one on Friday's?

Comment

Is it better to eat Weetabix warm or cold? Does it need sugar to taste nice? I'm out of porridge and haven't eaten that stuff for 10+ years.
                                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          yes

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                            Was coming on to see if anything decent on tonight. Prob gonna head into this

Comment

surely you've resigned from FF at this stage?

what possible reason could you have for remaining
                                                                                                              He's insufferable regardless of your affiliation.

I got elected chairman

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                Was coming on to see if anything decent on tonight. Prob gonna head into this
                                                                                                                See u there so, pint before hand perhaps?
                                                                                                                (just one coz I know how anal u are about the drinking & poker combo )

Comment

been done to death and I've yet to hear a iron proof arguement.
                                                                                                                  Don't get me wrong I'm all for it but I wish people just said I want to get high legally instead of clinging to poorly thought out excuses
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

is that that 75 DC?
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Jesus I'm sick of people talking about the Presidency as if it's in any way a meaningful role. It's NOT!

The President has 1 really important power, 1 reasonably important power that they have almost no authority to use unilaterally and 1 nonsense power.

Apart from that they can't leave the country without Government consent, can't speak in public without Government consent and pretty much are useless. The entire office was designed as a retirement home for DeValera and it has never been reformed.
                                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          is that that 75 DC?
                                                                                                                          €65 scalps according to website.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X