Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would you get Memorial Poem or verse to mark someones anniversary for a local paper?

Comment

Idk, I've a feeling of impending doom about Italy's bond issue in January.
      Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-11-11, 15:07.

Comment

Cool idea imo.

Drogheda rolls out free wi-fi across town in regeneration drive

Comment

I just hope we remain in the euro until I get the fuck out of this country and have most of my net worth in Canadian bank accounts (and shady online poker websites), so let's not fuck this up too much before March plz
          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

anyone watch this movie

considering it for tonights viewing and looks pretty good

IN AUSTRALIAN CINEMAS DECEMBER 23http://www.sarahskey.com.auJulia Jarmond (KRISTIN SCOTT THOMAS), an American journalist married to a Frenchman, is commissio...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              Moneyball - go to watch it or not? If not what shoudl I watch?
              worth a watch.

Comment

Yeah I enjoyed it. Tyrranosaur is out also, Paddy Consadine film. Snowtown also very good if a bit disturbing

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                  worth a watch.
                  +1.

I really enjoyed it. I spent a couple of hours after it finished reading up on the real life characters portrayed in the movie. Interesting stuff.
                  Last edited by dannydiamond; 29-11-11, 15:37.
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Wtf €5k is all it is going to cost and that is considered to high for the state to pay. Perhaps the state was quoted €5m but private business managed to cut that down with some nifty negotiations.

Well played Drogheda this is the sort of straight forward innovation that will do a massive amount for keeping the town going.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                      Yeah I enjoyed it. Tyrranosaur is out also, Paddy Consadine film. Snowtown also very good if a bit disturbing
                      50/50 is worth a watch, too. I'd put it in the 'nothing special, but quite good' category, having not seen Moneyball though I'd still recommend Moneyball over it, hearing absolutely rave reviews, can't wait to finally catch it.
                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

A bit of a wierd one but I'm conducting some free charity trustee investment training next week on monday afternoon and I have two spaces free.

If you know anybody who is involved with a charity (or you are yourself) who would be interested in learning a little bit about investment topics please send me a pm.

Topics covered include

· Why Charities own investments
                        · A review of the major asset classes
                        · The fundamental drivers of return for bonds, equity and property
                        · Historic returns for all the major asset classes: the lesson of history
                        · Future investment returns
                        · Creating a Strategic Investment Policy
                        · How do you blend the asset classes together to meet your objectives?
                        · How much you can spend whilst maintaining the “real” value of your capital
                        · Enacting your chosen investment policy
                        · Monitoring your investments
                        · A review of investment management fees
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                          anyone watch this movie

considering it for tonights viewing and looks pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzDZ9e3mGRE
                          One (belated) viewing of Amelie and you have caught the French film ghey. The only cure is viewing the Transformers trilogy every night for a week. Then, if you can avoid doing a Speed (too soon?), you will view any film with a plot, character, or non-exploding cinematography as poncey crap.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                            Well played Drogheda this is the sort of straight forward innovation that will do a massive amount for keeping the town going.
                            How?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                              +1.

I really enjoyed it. I spent a couple of hours after it finished reading up on the real life characters portrayed in the movie. Interesting stuff.
                              Exactly what I did

Comment

Moneyball > Snowtown > Tyrannosaur >>>>>> 50/50

Although obviously depends who you are bringing.

Comment

Gonna put this in the good news category all the same...

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Still yet to watch it altho big Consadine fan so will see what the direction is like. Also, Gimme if haven't seen Submarine from earlier in the year its one to def watch

Comment

Pretty cool but I would imagine a little scary

Amazing alpine coaster in Mieders, Austria, riding with no brakes!All your questions are answered here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2unbiYChnX8Off-ride f...
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

A fight broke out at a Canadian Football League luncheon between two former players over a controversial hit that occurred 50 years ago.

Comment

I see it saturday its worth a watch

Comment

eating the greatest Indian meal ever. Proper south Indian food, some kind of dry prawns and a paper dosa masala an appam (both different types of rice based pancakes) and a bit of idiappam a rice noodle served with a lentil and a coconut sauce.
                                            the mint sauce that came was made from thick creamy youghart and and had real fresh mint in it.

amazing.

sent from my icky phone blaa blaa blaa
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Danny what did you think of Immortals? Might go see it as looks like fun

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                How?
                                                By making it easier for people to do business basically. It will reduce cost for businesses in the town center also and keep them more competitive. Sure the internet bill for a month is not huge but for a small cafe it is going to add up for the year.

People with no 3g on their I-pads can now use them in the town center easily keeping up to date with whatever they need.

I have one I use for interviews. Notes straight on the system and dont have to write them down to type them back up later. It is however much better when its online. Many small reasons will make this a steal at €5k for jus generally getting shit done more easily.

Comment

Post production of Megatron going well. :P

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                    Wtf €5k is all it is going to cost and that is considered to high for the state to pay. Perhaps the state was quoted €5m but private business managed to cut that down with some nifty negotiations.

would like to know how large an area they plan to cover with it. 5k seems ridiculously low.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Just seen the Norwegian mass murderer was found insane and to be sent to a psychiatric hospital. Is it possible to feign insanity to avoid going to prison and have a life out of your head on happy pills instead, or would a psychiatrist see right through such an attempt??
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post

the size of your napper corbett. ye look like a hot air baloon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          Just seen the Norwegian mass murderer was found insane and to be sent to a psychiatric hospital. Is it possible to feign insanity to avoid going to prison and have a life out of your head on happy pills instead, or would a psychiatrist see right through such an attempt??
                                                          they should see through it.

Comment

Photoshop that shit.

Also FU Zod (But not too much)
                                                            Last edited by Megatron; 29-11-11, 16:35.

Comment

Plenty of Color Correction to be done

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                Photoshop that shit.
                                                                one on the way

Comment

Fashion 101
                                                                  Horizontal stripes would better accentuate your moobs.

Comment

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would go see it.

Also like the look of this see there is a DVDScreener floating about of it.

Rampart Official Movie Trailer #1Los Angeles, 1999. Officer Dave Brown (two-time Academy Award(R) nominee Woody Harrelson) is a Vietnam vet and a Rampart Pre...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                      Fashion 101
                                                                      Horizontal stripes would better accentuate your moobs.
                                                                      Is the IPB version of "Gay eye for the straight guy?"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Did you request he wear the same shirt as Staszko in your avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                            Did you request he wear the same shirt as Staszko in your avatar?
                                                                            Haven't the foggiest what your are on about.

Comment

Legal buffs(Kayroo mainly) whats the legality of http://wefoundit.ie/? It's basically a place that gets all lost property from clubs, pubs and other places(pod, Fibbers, UCD) and then charges you a €5 if you want your stuff back. Not sure how they can get away with this, if I lose something and someone else takes it and refuse to give it back is it not theft?

Comment

Haven't the foggiest what your are on about.
                                                                                Hmm you look extremely tired , something needs to be done about the dark circles!!!
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                  Yeah I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would go see it.
                                                                                  I thought it was pretty crap. I had hopes of it being good going to see it tho so that's probably the big difference!

Comment

Comment

I contemplated putting the asian bieber fan picture in the background instead of the snooker poster, but there's no part of the picture that isn't NWS that would make it recognisable.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                        I thought it was pretty crap. I had hopes of it being good going to see it tho so that's probably the big difference!
                                                                                        You play the team event in Fitz last night? The 110 double chance tonight looks decent, think will head in for it

Comment

Comment

what is going on with the red x where my internet connection is on the bottom right?

my internet is working perfect, but that icon looks odd.

Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                              what is going on with the red x where my internet connection is on the bottom right?

my internet is working perfect, but that icon looks odd.

I'm more curious about what you're a little tempted to do...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                I'm more curious about what you're a little tempted to do...
                                                                                                lol should have closed that.

i had this opened looking for help!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                    would like to know how large an area they plan to cover with it. 5k seems ridiculously low.
                                                                                                    I have done a fair bit of work in this field. 5k would be enough to cover a large apartment block if using proper kit and software. Not so sure how happy eircom will be to install a backbone connection thats main purpose will be to deprive them of customers.Great bit of innovative thinking though, fair play to them.
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Photoshop that shit.
                                                                                                      I call it CiaranCorbettCorbettCiaran

Comment

I see Drogba is now an East Coast hip hop artist. Cool.

Director: Abteen Bagheri // @abteenCo-Director: ASAP Rocky // @LIVELOVEASAPDP: Isaac Bauman // @isaacbaumanProducer: Chris Black // @theblack"F**kin' Problem...
                                                                                                        eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

bringing a date to Moneyball.

I described it to her as "The new Brad Pitt movie, i think"

forgot to mention anything else
                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Oman is a ridic great little country. gotta arrange a holiday here before it all turns to shit when the oil runs out and or Quaboos dies.

sent from my icky phone blaa blaa blaa
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                              One (belated) viewing of Amelie and you have caught the French film ghey. The only cure is viewing the Transformers trilogy every night for a week. Then, if you can avoid doing a Speed (too soon?), you will view any film with a plot, character, or non-exploding cinematography as poncey crap.
                                                                                                              i watch a lot of subtitled movies and even prefer to have subtitles on in all watched movies (hard of hearing)
                                                                                                              love transformers and speed movies and Jason Statham movies (the man is a legend)

Movies that reach inside ones soul and massage the hidden desires and let your vunerabilities shine forth and then lie back spent after watching a well made foreign movie ..that is movie pleasure

Comment

Point Break is an excellent foreign film tbf
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                  I contemplated putting the asian bieber fan picture in the background instead of the snooker poster, but there's no part of the picture that isn't NWS that would make it recognisable.
                                                                                                                  On the tv would be better tbf
                                                                                                                  I was limited due to doing it in paint and while I should be working.
                                                                                                                  Yet again my capabilites are outmatched by my imagination

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                    love transformers and speed movies
                                                                                                                    I don't think hotspur was talking about the Speed movies. Too soon imo

Comment

Seems my friend from volunteering fell down two flights of stairs in middle of nowhere in ecuador he has 2 pelvic fractures, 1 lower back fracture, 1 broken elbow and a giant ginger beard so clearly fucked in life for the next while

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        I suggest reading The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson in which there is a significant amount on just such a case in Britain.

Also a famous experiment of faking psychiatric illness by David Rosenhan in the 1970s is a good read:

Comment

Pretty sure Ian Huntley tried to feign insanity too after killing those two girls. He'd previously told someone that's what he'd do if ever arrested, so it obviously didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X