Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to upgrade my car stereo, would like one that i can plug my android phone into, and flick through the music with a steering wheel control. Anyone got any recommendations?
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Oh come on now,I mean really.
      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post

ah come on now, don't be that guy!
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
        Looking to upgrade my car stereo, would like one that i can plug my android phone into, and flick through the music with a steering wheel control. Anyone got any recommendations?
        I got my stereo in halfords 2/3 yrs back they fitted it for me too, free of charge all you need is a usb connection on it , then just use your cable from the battery charger and stick that in the usb slot, it charges the phone while also playing your favourite tunes!

Presuming your charger is like mine (HTC sensation) !

Ldil also do stereos with the usb connection from time to time!
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

it is my opinion that uncle bens is so full of sugar, its just not funny.
          its the only sweet and sour sauce that the kids in my house will eat, and i think that says enough about the amount of sugar in it.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

For the record,I never said I liked Uncle Ben's.
            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              Stop pimping for the 'best IPB tipster' in the Sheep game imo.

Comment

I reckon I locked that one up pinging the MelbCup winner. Most likely only night owls and AtTheRaces (nicnicnic) got on

Comment

Nearly pissed myself when I saw this:

Comment

Drinking on a Wed night is not a good idea. Also just notices that my Chilli plant has some sort of fly infestation in my spare room where I had it. Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      I reckon I locked that one up pinging the MelbCup winner. Most likely only night owls and AtTheRaces (nicnicnic) got on
                      Dammit,might be in trouble on the 2 betting ones then.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                        Any thoughts on these kindle thingys. Can i get any book i want from the cousins if i purchase one of these devices?
                        I think I'm in the not not like kindle corner for a variety of reasons.

This isnt really like me as I'm usually all for embracing technology
                        however, e-reading, in my opinion doesn't improve the act of reading, it allows storage of multiple titles like an mp3 player, but unlike an mp3 player & walkmen/discmen it actively changes how you read, mp3 players make it easier to change songs, hold more etc but the act of listening itself is the same or even slightly improved (no skipping, shuffle, playlists)
                        ...It's a simple thing, but button press vs page flip is an ingrained habit.
                        This I believe will be a major hindrence to widespread acceptance of the ereader replacing a book.
                        I would also hazard that people who read a lot would be generally slower to adapt to kindle due to this.
                        I find the kindle/tablet/smartphone fine for reading 'disposable' media, more tablet/smartphone(mags, newspaper etc) or reference media, kindle (tech books) but for a good novel or whatever, you can't beat a book.
                        A fantastic development was kindle highlighting and note taking which is great for tech books and I'd imagine school books (no more 10 stone schoolbags)

Also, within 10 years or so, cds will be an obsolete media due to mp3 sales. I hope this doesnt happen to books.

but yeah you can get them all free from cousins
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The Enterprise (the train) is on the back of a massive artic being towed down the quays towards the port. Strange way to transport a couple of hundred tonnes of train

Comment

Am torn between letting it ride and arbing off a little..

From your analysis Murtagh seems to have the better mounts

Comment

He told the court that Supt Barry, during a Cork Circuit Court appeal of a gaming licence application last month, had said that gambling led to an increase in crime, family breakdown and suicide and signalled that he intended to oppose all new gaming establishments in his area.
                              SPOILER
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                I think I'm in the not not like kindle corner for a variety of reasons.

This isnt really like me as I'm usually all for embracing technology
                                however, e-reading, in my opinion doesn't improve the act of reading, it allows storage of multiple titles like an mp3 player, but unlike an mp3 player & walkmen/discmen it actively changes how you read, mp3 players make it easier to change songs, hold more etc but the act of listening itself is the same or even slightly improved (no skipping, shuffle, playlists)
                                ...It's a simple thing, but button press vs page flip is an ingrained habit.
                                This I believe will be a major hindrence to widespread acceptance of the ereader replacing a book.
                                I would also hazard that people who read a lot would be generally slower to adapt to kindle due to this.
                                I find the kindle/tablet/smartphone fine for reading 'disposable' media, more tablet/smartphone(mags, newspaper etc) or reference media, kindle (tech books) but for a good novel or whatever, you can't beat a book.
                                A fantastic development was kindle highlighting and note taking which is great for tech books and I'd imagine school books (no more 10 stone schoolbags)

Also, within 10 years or so, cds will be an obsolete media due to mp3 sales. I hope this doesnt happen to books.

but yeah you can get them all free from cousins
                                Got a Kindle about two weeks ago and haven't gone out to the list of books once since opening up the book I was already reading on it.

I find it unreal tbh, the fact that it's so light makes it a dream to read from compared to the size of books I usually read, and the ability to scroll a pointer to a word and instantly get a definition of it at the top of the screen is fantastic.

I love it anyway, can't see myself going back at all.

Comment

They manged to get around the corner...hope they moved those fecking taxi drivers off Common st

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    I don't have any strong opinions about spirits. Would always drink Bombay Sapphire gin by choice.
                                    I know a few gin aficionados who would scoff at that
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Attention RDIII and others who've been to Cape Town:

Ehihad are having a big 72 hour sale, seems like there are huge discounts: http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...ges/sales.aspx

I can take 3/4 days off in two weeks time, not enough to go to Oz, but is a quick trip to South Africa doable? Just a city break, but in Cape Town?!

Otherwise, I've already 'done' Dubai, but is Abu Dhabi worth visiting?

Comment

I think anyone following the syndicate betting thread would have words about that

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                          Attention RDIII and others who've been to Cape Town:

Ehihad are having a big 72 hour sale, seems like there are huge discounts: http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...ges/sales.aspx

I can take 3/4 days off in two weeks time, not enough to go to Oz, but is a quick trip to South Africa doable? Just a city break, but in Cape Town?!

Otherwise, I've already 'done' Dubai, but is Abu Dhabi worth visiting?
                                          Plenty to do/see in Cape town but a long way for 3/4 day trip?

If that doesnt bother you then fine.

There for 5 nights myself which was plenty to see everything there.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                            They manged to get around the corner...hope they moved those fecking taxi drivers off Common st
                                            I don't quite follow,passengers are suposed to get on the train and then be carried by a lorry? Shirley they can't be serious.What's the advantage over buses?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Plenty to do/see in Cape town but a long way for 3/4 day trip?

If that doesnt bother you then fine.

There for 5 nights myself which was plenty to see everything there.
                                              No, you're right, it is too far unfortunately...balls.

Still thinking of Abu Dhabi, it is possible I could make it there for the F1 - I know the season is basically over but I've only ever been to one other F1 grand prix and I really loved it. Not sure I'm on for going by myself though, need to contact the troops!

Comment

lol at this clown thinking he'd get away with a sucker punch. Got off lightly imo

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                  Uncle Bens sauces are shite, chicken tonight sauces are also shite.

If looking for a quick fix while cooking, Erin sauces trump both my a country mile, and this is the 'add milk' powdery stuff!
                                                  Most sauces are pretty crap tbh. It's very easy to make your own sauces with some spices and tin of tomatoes and/or the right stock.

Tomatoes + Curry spice + Corainder = Indian
                                                  Tomatoes + Cumin + Chilli = Chilli
                                                  Tomatoes + Basil + Chilli = Ariabita
                                                  Soy + Chilli + Basil =
                                                  Honey + Wholegrain Mustard =

etc

I don't quite follow,passengers are suposed to get on the train and then be carried by a lorry? Shirley they can't be serious.What's the advantage over buses?
                                                  I'm not surly
                                                  Last edited by TomD; 03-11-11, 12:52.

Comment

I used to be a fiend for Gin. At the upper echelons it is less about the Gin and more about what you drink it with. I take it as given that Gin is only taken with Tonic water, from a small split bottle, not from a pump or a large bottle. A small can is also very acceptable.

Bombay must be drank with a slice of Lemon. Tanqueray must be drank with a wedge of Lime. If you get this mix wrong then you are on a hiding to nothng.

Gin preference

Tanqueray No.10
                                                    Tanqeray
                                                    Bombay
                                                    The anger toward Bombay Sapphire is that it is one of those drinks where the name came first, then the blue bottle, then the artificially flavoured alcohol. It's a campaign, not a "real" drink and in no way a premium product.

If you like it though, good luck, it's just that brands of gin that are perceived to be old-fashioned, downmarket or uncool, such as Beefeater and Gordon's are actually the real thing.
                                                    My gin head friend recommends
                                                    Tanquery 10, San Pellegrino Limonata and a wedge of grapefruit
                                                    He also goes on about cucumber gin a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      Carol?
                                                      Yeh. glad to see her story checks out!

Comment

Comment

@GAB: +1 for Murtagh on Friday is pretty much game over, right? That would leave only 7 races left of which Smullen will have to win 3. Amirite?
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            e-reading, in my opinion doesn't improve the act of reading, it allows storage of multiple titles like an mp3 player, but unlike an mp3 player & walkmen/discmen it actively changes how you read
                                                            I don't want to live in a world without books but I don't think I ever will. Books for picking up and looking at and browsing will always exist in hard copy, books for reading from cover to cover might not.

I'd argue that e readers change the way you read a hell of a lot less than mp3's changed the way we listen to music.

Its all good, paper is great but reading from an easy to carry easy to read in any circumstance device is greater.
                                                            Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                            No, you're right, it is too far unfortunately...balls.

Still thinking of Abu Dhabi, it is possible I could make it there for the F1 - I know the season is basically over but I've only ever been to one other F1 grand prix and I really loved it. Not sure I'm on for going by myself though, need to contact the troops!
                                                            Those Capetown flights are a great price but they are via the Middle east so 21 hours + flying. Also the dates are very restrictive. I'm looking for flights there around Feburary but the offer only runs till the first week in December
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                You don't own Apple products, you buy them and then you pay rent to Apple for the right to use them. Sick good business model if you are Apple and LOLbad for the dumb consumers who are taken in by style over substance.

Tipp there is no way Paddy Power would not have come back looking for that money. You did the right thing.
                                                                Lols coming from the man who owns an iPad.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                Managed to watch the last episode on youtube before it was taken down. I think TylerD posted it. Can it be watched anywhere else online or is it repeated? Might just have to keep an eye out on youtube again if not
                                                                Download this piece of software that assign's you an English IP address and then you can watch everything on the BBC iPlayer its pretty cool, cant remember who posted it first.

Hotspot Shield is the leading VPN for online security and verified as #1 VPN for speed by experts. Download VPN for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS & more.
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Just watched 1st ep of Zooey Deschanels new show New Girl, pretty funny which was surprising as its on Fox

Comment

Jebus,that's terrible.He's lucky to be alive.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The released extracts from Ibrahimovic's autobiography are genius. Can't wait. Funny arrogant quote re Guardiola playing him out of position at Barca "You bought a Ferrari but you drive it like a fiat.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                          why chilean wine?
                                                                          I'm sure they make some decent stuff, we never see any of it though. The Chilean wine we get here is invariably alcoholic fruit juice, made at a cost of considerably less than one euro a bottle.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Ghurkha, a
                                                                            Latvian, a Turk, an Aussie, two Kiwis, a German, an American, a South
                                                                            African, a Cypriot, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Mexican, a Spaniard, a
                                                                            Russian, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Swede, a Finn, an Israeli, a Dane, a
                                                                            Romanian, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek, a Singaporean, an
                                                                            Italian, a Norwegian, a Libyan, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Buddhist and an
                                                                            Ethiopian went to a night club.

The bouncer said, "Sorry, I can’t let you in without a Thai."

Comment

I'm sure they make some decent stuff, we never see any of it though. The Chilean wine we get here is invariably alcoholic fruit juice, made at a cost of considerably less than one euro a bottle.
                                                                              Lol, I love my alchoholic fruit juice. I'd settle for ribena if it was 13%.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Zesty is an award winning web design agency based in Belfast, Dublin & London. Services include Digital Transformation, Web Design/UX & Digital Marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                  Lol, I love my alchoholic fruit juice. I'd settle for ribena if it was 13%.
                                                                                  Nothing wrong with that. I reserve the right to look sideways at you though.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. I reserve the right to look sideways at you though.
                                                                                    I like the pun.

Comment

Greek referendum off according to Sky.

Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

Greece's Prime Minister has told Sky News the referendum on the the eurozone bailout plan will no longer go ahead - and it was never his intention for it to happen.
                                                                                      "The referendum was never an end in itself," George Papandreou told the cabinet according to statements released by his office.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

Greece's Prime Minister has told Sky News the referendum on the the eurozone bailout plan will no longer go ahead - and it was never his intention for it to happen.
                                                                                        "The referendum was never an end in itself," George Papandreou told the cabinet according to statements released by his office.
                                                                                        Merkozy must have beaten the tar out of him last night.

Comment

Anyone here ever played on Stan James? Whats the software like?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Putting the concept of a referendum out there could have been a political master stroke. It gives the mob and the senate a gimps of the Apocalypse and forces them to ask is this what we really want.

The mob, senate and garrison is still where it is at, and he put paid to the garrison by sacking the military chiefs earlier this week.

Hail George!

Comment

Why is Sweden favorite to make first contact with aliens?

Comment

Boyles continue to expand, this time they are mopping up the Wil Hill shops

Comment

ahh, I thought it was perhaps workers rights abuses in the vinyards etc.

I see you haven't quite joined the collective conscious of the worker yet.

yet.
                                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Merkozy must have beaten the tar out of him last night.
                                                                                                    in a Max Mosely way?
                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1103/boy...medium=twitter

Knew Hills wouldn't survive much longer over here, didn't compete at all, as well as the obvious disadvantage of not being Irish. Some nice locations though.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Will this affect their poker site?
                                                                                                        Or do will they still have shop across the sea?

Comment

The Tesco of the betting world
                                                                                                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                          http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Delighted to see the back of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                                                              Will this affect their poker site?
                                                                                                              Or do will they still have shop across the sea?
                                                                                                              NO not in the slightest it might make it easier to deposit in the shops if there was one of the acquired ones nearby.

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                                                                              I'll leave this to GAB to tell you to GFY.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Why is Sweden favorite to make first contact with aliens?
                                                                                                                How long are we going to have to wait for you to come back with the punchline ?

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post

Comment

How long are we going to have to wait for you to come back with the punchline ?
                                                                                                                    Bit of Oslo roll alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                      Bit of Oslo roll alright.
                                                                                                                      I KEA what you are trying to do !
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

@macauclubcork
                                                                                                                        macauclubcork
                                                                                                                        Can somebody tell ipb we are willing to accept an apology so we can go back to using our 6 accounts
                                                                                                                        28 minutes ago via web

Comment

Those puns bring new meaning to the word tenuous.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X