Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last commercial of Casillero del Diablo.Starring Wayne Rooney; Ryan Giggs and Patrick Evra.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Any bets placed containing selections at odds of less than 1/2 (1.50) will not count towards any rollover requirement.
      Could be a problem.

Comment

been listening to this all morning good times

Orbital are a British electronic dance music duo from Sevenoaks, England, consisting of brothers Phil and Paul Hartnoll. The band's name was taken from Greater London's orbital motorway, the M25, which was central to the early rave scene and party network in the South East during the early days of acid house. One of the biggest names in British electronica during the 1990s, Orbital were both critically and commercially successful, and known particularly for their element of live improvisation during shows, a rarity among techno acts Other Orbital Websites (esp if you dont use Facebook or your place of works bans the use of it) http://www.loopz.co.uk : Orbital website since 1997 and now Loopz blog / Orbital Archive http://www.myspace.com/orbitalofficial : Orbital Myspace page

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

My dad and brother used to be members. As a kid, I had a great time playing with the traffic light things they use for informing speakers that they're running over time.

Comment

Comment

<3 Walter White

BB Spoilers

SPOILER
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUFEsSelms

Opr

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                    Joined Toastmasters on Monday after much prevarication. It is ridic difficult to leave the house on a dark evening! Excellent evening listening to people who have spent years honing their ability to speak in public. There was one guy there whose task was to use pauses and tone to impart emotion and his speech was spectacularly good. Kind of hoping he joined as a mumbling stuttering gombeen and it is membership of the society that got him to his current elevated ability. Great way to spend an evening once every two weeks for anyone who might benefit from being able to speak better.
                    Great stuff!!

It's a very rare night where attending a meeting doesn't lift my spirits. The mix of people and the stories they have to tell is great for the soul.

Having been a member of a club for over 5 years I have witnessed more people alter from stammerers and nervous wrecks to fluent and inspirational speakers then you can honestly believe. I've also witnessed people with big egos and some skill come and go with no improvement. Stay humble but have a quiet confidence and be prepared to listen, learn and practice.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Well, this is going to lead to awkward conversations over the family breakfast in that house
                        Pic from Indo

Mug Shots
                        SPOILER

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Mr Gorman was charged with interfering after he allegedly "came at" the officers.
                          Durty

Comment

If any1 else is playing on ps atm, could they please check if they can find step1 nl turbo holdem 7.50 buy in tourneys?
                            There are usually loads of these but i cant find them today all i can see it the 500 points one and a 90 man one.
                            Any ideas on why they have gone?

Comment

I used MY natural resource to make a film about OUR natural resources.

Comment

Is there an NFL/NCAA betting thread somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  In studies done about peoples' happiness that I saw before the length/stress of peoples' commute was huge in their overall life happiness.

Personally, I have about 30 minutes drive to work and ~45 minutes home depending on traffic, and I wouldn't really want to change it.

That hour and a quarter a day in the car I find hugely relaxing most of the time since it's when I get my History of Rome podcasts or audiobooks listened to.
                                  45 mins on the bus and 30 mins on the luas is me by public transport.
                                  I've become quite adept at scabbing lifts as I'm only 10 mins down the M50.

Kinda related, had my interview with three today.
                                  Would be just the commute into work but dressed 'smart casual'
                                  Collar and trousers as apposed to my usual jeans and tshirt.
                                  Comfort vs Commute?
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    You probably wasted about 50 notes thinking about how much money you waste on commuting.

Its a vicious circle !!

What next..that 15 min shower/shave/shit in the morning...how much is that costing me a year !!

You could save 1k straight away by doing it every second day..hmmm

Commuting is a chance to either get exercise (cycling to the LUAS), reading, listening to radio, watching people, winding down etc. You cant look at it as a wasted financial opportunity by being part of it imo.
                                    schoolboy error
                                    I pride myself on shitting on company time
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                        Pic from Indo

Mug Shots
                                        SPOILER

She looks good in first pic but why is this news on a supposedly irish broadsheet?
                                        id expect it in the sun or that other anti irish rag the mail
                                        the indo is a rag too i guess

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                          If any1 else is playing on ps atm, could they please check if they can find step1 nl turbo holdem 7.50 buy in tourneys?
                                          There are usually loads of these but i cant find them today all i can see it the 500 points one and a 90 man one.

Any ideas on why they have gone?
                                          Events > PCA or EPT > Steps

Depends if you want $ or € ones

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                            Pic from Indo

Mug Shots
                                            SPOILER

cocaine's a hell of a drug.
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              schoolboy error
                                              I pride myself on shitting on company time
                                              Not unless i bring my own quilted, Aloe Vera infused loo roll, i refuse to use their greaseproof paper !!

All that does is move it around...like one of those new towels does to your body, just ask V !!
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                cocaine's a hell of a drug.
                                                Genuinely they got locked and stoned and had some drunk messing in a toilet hands up anyone here who has not done similar and got away with it or worse get caught.

The shyte that passes for news these days

Comment

Brefnie on rte one
                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                    Brefnie on rte one
                                                    id not wear that irish jersey again if i was him

Comment

I had one of these in the pub last night.Weighing in at 750ml and 8% ABV,it's not to be trifled with.

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

How many series of Boardwalk Empire has there been?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Completely and absolutely. If someone offered me my current standard of living and my current workload/standing in society for life I'd take their hand off.
                                                          I'm so good at just taking it easy and would much favour a low variance, taking it easy lifestyle over a work-hard, play-hard one.
                                                          Pro poker player ftw! The commute upstairs can be a bitch though.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                            How many series of Boardwalk Empire has there been?
                                                            Exactly 1.5

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                              Exactly 1.5
                                                              Ah balls, have seen that many. Is it a new show? More to come?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                Ah balls, have seen that many. Is it a new show? More to come?
                                                                Been around for a year. Episode 18 this week was the sixth of the second season. It has been renewed for a third season which will start next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                                                                  Pro poker player ftw! The commute upstairs can be a bitch though.
                                                                  you forgot the weekly trip to post office and the monthly trip to sign on

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                    Yeah, he is pretty damn awesome - I was surprised by how annoyed I was listening to Julius Caesar's assassination a few episodes earlier. Obviously we know it's coming, but it was such a disappointment in the narrative of Roman history (or we are led to see it this way I suppose), he seemed poised to do so much more.

I'll have to donate some cash to Mike Duncan, I've gotten so much pleasure out of the series, much thanks to Kayroo for recommending it to us as well!
                                                                    I think most people overlook the fact that he was probably one of the greatest administrators in world history. He could have done incredible things.
                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

any links from someone for online kids games

dont wanna download but play str8 away

i have space invaders/ pacman/ asteroids

10yr old girl is player to be accomodated

ty

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        I think most people overlook the fact that he was probably one of the greatest administrators in world history. He could have done incredible things.
                                                                        Killed by a bunch of droolers for like no reason as well. Fu Brutus you gimp.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post

ty
                                                                          Click arcade along the top of the page.

Comment

Joined Toastmasters on Monday after much prevarication. It is ridic difficult to leave the house on a dark evening! Excellent evening listening to people who have spent years honing their ability to speak in public. There was one guy there whose task was to use pauses and tone to impart emotion and his speech was spectacularly good. Kind of hoping he joined as a mumbling stuttering gombeen and it is membership of the society that got him to his current elevated ability. Great way to spend an evening once every two weeks for anyone who might benefit from being able to speak better.
                                                                            My girlfriend joined toastmasters about 18 months ago and she loves it. Has really helped her confidence and presentation abilities for work.

However, I am not a massive fan of it. They teach one particular form of oratory and I dislike the formulaic approach. Much prefer some really well thought out and developed oratorical styles.
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I jumped into a €0.15/0.30 HU Omaha game on Winimax to see what the cash game rake was like.

I sat in with €30 and some bloke sat in with €12
                                                                              We played 27 hands, with 19 of the pots under €5. Neither of us were allin at any stage and the biggest pot was €13

He sat out with €5.85 and i had €29.48 so we paid €6.67 rake for 9 minutes and 27 hands.

That rake is pretty much unbeatable right?

Comment

...

Comment

Michael D at 7/2
                                                                                  that's super value no?
                                                                                  I'm miffed RDII got all the credit for this

Comment

I'm miffed RDII got all the credit for this
                                                                                    You're doing it all wrong.

You have use the word 'lumpage' somewhere in your post in order to make it a lock.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                      I jumped into a €0.15/0.30 HU Omaha game on Winimax to see what the cash game rake was like.

I sat in with €30 and some bloke sat in with €12
                                                                                      We played 27 hands, with 19 of the pots under €5. Neither of us were allin at any stage and the biggest pot was €13

He sat out with €5.85 and i had €29.48 so we paid €6.67 rake for 9 minutes and 27 hands.

That rake is pretty much unbeatable right?
                                                                                      Forget about micro HU. Especially PLO! I played a bit of NLHE and the rake was 10ptbb/100 or something ridic. Yours equates to 40ptbb/100. Insane!

Comment

I wouldnt play heads up until 100nl or PLO and even that might be a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                          How much is an hour of your free time worth to you?

I realised this morning that, walking / cycling to the Luas and then hopping on that particular form of public transport each work day, I spend about 11.5 hours per 5 day working week commuting. That's the longest commute I've undergone in about ten years and it is slowly grinding me down.

I got rid of my car in August as I wasn't using it much and thought I was smart, saving a few shekels, but now I'm thinking about the advantages, in terms of work-life balance, of buying a car and just driving to work each day. It takes about 30 minutes to drive to work and 40/45 minutes home in the evening, so I'd be saving about 4.5 hours a week if I drove. More than 200 hours a year.

Hours I could spending playing poker, online gaming, hitting the gym, just relaxing, whatever. Of course, the 2.5km walk / cycle to and from the Charlemont Luas stop each morning and evening is pretty good exercise, which driving would eliminate!

If I value an hour of my time at €20, which seems fair, saving 200 hours a year is the equivalent to €4,000, certainly less than I'd plan to spend on a car over the course of an average year. Alternatively, I could look for a job closer to where I live (there are way more jobs within 20 minutes walk of where I live now than anywhere I've lived before!) and could accept a lower salary in the knowledge that I'm gaining so much free time.

Just something I was thinking about on the Luas to work today! Anyone else ponder these kinds of things or have made life choices based on similar?
                                                                                          10 hours a week I spend commuting. Of those 10 hours the vast majority are spent listening to notes on my itouch. If I wasn't listening to notes Id just be in the library so it doesn't really bother me too much.

try and fill your commute time with stuff you would be doing anyway and it feels like less of a waste

I also sleep a lot less lately - amazing how much we miss out on by over sleeping (and by that I mean more than 8 hours )

Comment

Forget about micro HU. Especially PLO! I played a bit of NLHE and the rake was 10ptbb/100 or something ridic. Yours equates to 40ptbb/100. Insane!
                                                                                            this.
                                                                                            the rake at micro levels is ridiculous unless you are playing all in blind and winning

Comment

not sure if want

Comment

Genuine Insurance claim by a friend after the floods...

Comment

wont be a first day purchase for me - I'll wait to see what the reviews say but the franchise has gone a bit stale

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                    I wouldnt play heads up until 100nl or PLO and even that might be a stretch.
                                                                                                    Yeah i'm going to start doing a bit of grinding during the days from next week and was going to mix in a few hours of cash games so wanted to try HU and 6 max to get an idea. The standard of Omaha is really terrible but i don't have a roll big enough to play over 50plo but by the sounds of things, i won't be playing anything lower either! Stick to tournaments and try out SnGs so

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post

ty
                                                                                                      NES/SNES and Gameboy here - http://www.virtualsupernes.com/index.html

Comment

Jezebels album coming out in a few days - sweet!

Comment

Florence with new stuff on Jools

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                                                                                                            Any native French speakers on hand to clean this up for me?

I'm writing a complaint to customer service in the Paris mint. I ordered a set of French and a set of Irish 2011 mint coins for a recently aquired nephew/godson on 30th August and finally received the French coins today.

Anyway, my complaint email is all done through Google tranlsate so if someone was able to clean up the grammar to help ensure it delivers the required level of insult that'd be great.
                                                                                                            Brian, did someone get back to you on this? if you don't mind giving me a day or so (i don't have time today) i'll send it back to you with a dose of good clean french vitriol. if you can PM me your email i'll send it back to you as soon as it's done. let me know either way.

Comment

San Andreas with Tommy Vercetti back as the main guy again sounds awesome to me!

Comment

ITV team.

Roy Keane
                                                                                                                Patrick Viera
                                                                                                                Martin O'Neill
                                                                                                                Gareth Southgate

That's sick

Comment

Looking forward to watching Rooney playing centre midfield

Comment

BBV Help needed

I fucking hate APPLE!

I have a 16gb Ipod Touch which I havent used much lately. I am heading away for a few days and was trying to update the thing. My kids have been using it.

When I try and download updates it is coming up with a different email address. No idea where it got it from unless one of the kids done it.

I tried to go through apple site to get it sorted and when I put in my serial number it wants me to pay to get the info to fix!

It is defaulting to my email address I use only for emails and always have. My apple ID is different and when I sync the ipod it is the correct email address that comes up for my apple ID and when I go into the store it is also correct.

I have no idea why it has changed and how to change it back. I followed all the instructions I could find online.

Comment

Gomez >>> Messi

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                                        Gomez >>> Messi
                                                                                                                        Balotelli uber alles obv

Comment

I see the Irish series love/hate is back Sunday. What did people think of series one?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X