X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here done a GRE test?

Comment

BBC1 in an hour, Frankel time again, possibly for the last time.

Guineas gets more astonishing every time I see it, love the bewilderment in the commentators voice when he says '15 lengths clear'.
      Quipco, 2000, guineas, frankel, tom queally, henery cecil, newmarket, racing uk

Comment

It's

FRANKEL

Time!!!

Comment

So easy.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Unbelievable

Comment

worst crop of milers in 25 years

Comment

Hoping that the BBV can help. Recently bought an AC Ryan Media player and want to start downloading TV shows etc. How do I go about this? Bit clueless when it comes to torrents etc.

Comment

Jesus I'm getting seriously tilted reading the post game discussion on the Wales Framce game on boards.
                  Emmet, I have no idea how you remain so patient.

Not even bothered with the usual United pool droolfest. That probably send me over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                    Jesus I'm getting seriously tilted reading the post game discussion on the Wales Framce game on boards.
                    Emmet, I have no idea how you remain so patient.

Not even bothered with the usual United pool droolfest. That probably send me over the edge.
                    I only ever go there to get a stream for a game or to get team or kickoff news etc. I can never go near a game thread my brain just can't take it.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

A couple of college games kicking off soon for anyone thats interested. Hand picked by yours truely

Texas A&M v Baylor

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/8...texas-a&m.html

Michigan v Michigan State

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/8...chigan-st.html

Comment

Bit of value in Sean Gallagher for president considering the momentum he is gathering.

Sean Gallagher now holds a 12 point lead over Michael D Higgins, according to Red C’s opinion poll for the Sunday Business Post.

Comment

Kung pao chicken trip report: delicious
                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Quick Question

I done a MCQ exam the other day the lecturer kind of suggests not guessing if your not sure of the answer.

25 questions 4 choices

-1 incorrect answer
                            4 for correct answer

Is it not neutral ev to guess at random?

Is it not +ev if you can rule one answer out?
                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              Hi Lloyd, good to have you back. Would be interested in your thoughts on this post in case you missed it.
                              I'd say there's close to zero chance he responds to this post in thread.
                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                Quick Question

I done a MCQ exam the other day the lecturer kind of suggests not guessing if your not sure of the answer.

25 questions 4 choices

-1 incorrect answer
                                4 for correct answer

Is it not neutral ev to guess at random?

Is it not +ev if you can rule one answer out?
                                It's +EV to guess even if you can't rule one out. I loved having this argument with mates in college

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                  It's +EV to guess even if you can't rule one out. I loved having this argument with mates in college
                                  How is it?

lets say i lose €1 for each wrong guess and €4 for a right guess. I should guess 25 right giving me €100 and 75 wrong losing me €75.........ah i see ha. I left one empty feel like a fish now
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

A FF-er involved in construction. Only in Ireland.

He has support in the wrong demographics, but if that poll is accurate that may not matter.

Comment

Yeah guessing like a maniac is +EV, and only becomes more +EV if you can add any kind of even slight thought process into your guesses.

There are circumstances where it'd still be prudent not to guess, though. Like if the only grade was pass or fail and you'd enough certain right answers to be assured of a pass within reason, then even though guessing would be +scoreEV it wouldn't be +gradeEV, for want of a better way of putting it. Or even if there were different grades and you were just about assured of a pass and nothing else, and the gap between passing and failing is alot bigger than the gap between a D and a D+ or C- in real terms, then you'd be better off giving up your edge.
                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

The impact of publishing polling results is huge!!

I want Gallagher to win as I think he's a better representative for the country then anyone else but until the polls came out ten days ago he hadn't a chance. Then people realise he actually has a solid support platform and
                                        a chance of winning and suddenly he's getting an avalanche of support.

Laying Norris in the markets early was an easy way to make money in retrospect. He had so many skeletons in the closet and a conservative backlash to face that him winning was never realistic. Fair play to anyone who thought it through.
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                          Yeah guessing like a maniac is +EV, and only becomes more +EV if you can add any kind of even slight thought process into your guesses.

There are circumstances where it'd still be prudent not to guess, though. Like if the only grade was pass or fail and you'd enough certain right answers to be assured of a pass within reason, then even though guessing would be +scoreEV it wouldn't be +gradeEV, for want of a better way of putting it. Or even if there were different grades and you were just about assured of a pass and nothing else, and the gap between passing and failing is alot bigger than the gap between a D and a D+ or C- in real terms, then you'd be better off giving up your edge.
                                          Like folding the aces on the satellite bubble baby! All of these situations have been discussed by the poker gurus around here.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

I want Gallagher to win as I think he's a better representative for the country then anyone else but until the polls came out ten days ago he hadn't a chance. Then people realise he actually has a solid support platform and

Laying Norris in the markets early was an easy way to make money in retrospect. He had so many skeletons in the closet and a conservative backlash to face that him winning was never realistic. Fair play to anyone who thought it through.
                                            It was only a week or so ago that I posted this:

Sean Gallagher speaks seriously well. Pity he hasn't a chance of being elected.
                                            Delighted to see him in with a serious chance now. He would be a fine ambassador for Ireland IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

He has support in the wrong demographics, but if that poll is accurate that may not matter.
                                              Just saying the 9/4 is looking very good based on those poll figures.They don't include the Primetime debate from Wednesday, there's a good chance he could have pulled further clear since then.

Comment

But as president he won't have any economic function other than to sound convincing and then step out of the way. The only real skill any FF ever truly had!!

Comment

Gallagher is my choice more by process of elimination more than anything else, and it will be the first time I've ever voted for someone with FF affiliations.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

It was only a week or so ago that I posted this:

Delighted to see him in with a serious chance now. He would be a fine ambassador for Ireland IMO.
                                                    I remember your post alright. I posted something similar in the ask me anything thread.

The interesting thing about the Gallagher support is what it says about the mood of the electorate for something other then the regular politics. A charismatic and empathetic facist could do very well these days....

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      Gallagher is my choice more by process of elimination more than anything else, and it will be the first time I've ever voted for someone with FF affiliations.
                                                      Exactly. He's the reasonable alternative to every other tulip in the race. FF in government ruined the country but there are still decent people who are or were involved with that party for good reasons and the Irish people can't afford to throw the baby out with the bathwater and the electorate is smart enough to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                        Just saying the 9/4 is looking very good based on those poll figures.They don't include the Primetime debate from Wednesday, there's a good chance he could have pulled further clear since then.
                                                        Btw it's 8/15 on PPP.

Comment

Shitcocks. Hard drive failed in my machine. nothing worse rhan a tech problem you can't fix I can swop out the hd but urgh.

Comment

I'm chameleon comedian corinthian and caracature.

Comment

Just watched Crazy Stupid Love, thought it was excellent, some genuinely lol moments.
                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                Just watched Crazy Stupid Love, thought it was excellent, some genuinely lol moments.
                                                                Yeah went to see it in the flicks the other week and like yourself thought it was very good.

Ryan Gosling gonna Ryan Gosling Emma Stone is ridic hot
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

On Betfair no less than 12 people have been backed at 4/1 or less and 4 at evens or less for this race, so far.

I think Gallagher is a lay at evens.

I won't vote for him, I'd certainly vote to put him in the Dail or in a position where he could actually achieve something. I just don't see the point in sending him to the Park where he will be very unhappy as he seems to have deluded himself completely as to what his role there is and will be unable to do most of what he has been saying he'll do.
                                                                  I must say I do like what he said today about visiting every Secondary school in the country, if he does that right it could be quite good.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I remember your post alright. I posted something similar in the ask me anything thread.

The interesting thing about the Gallagher support is what it says about the mood of the electorate for something other then the regular politics. A charismatic and empathetic facist could do very well these days....
                                                                    It's a good thing the best the Shinners could put up was McGuinness.
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                          Quite liked the Norris idea of a county a month that he mentioned on Wednesday.
                                                                          Just do dublin every month. Dublin supremacy

Comment

Put too much chillis in my curry, burny head pints will cure me

Comment

You can all come up and look at Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                Ya its a good show in fairness, the GF picked it so was expecting a lolbad rom-com type flick but really enjoyed it!

Comment

I wonder will he realise he doesn't actually want the job.

Comment

Janet Devlin was effin awesome there on X factor

almost cried I did

Comment

iam running like the perverbiale shit today
                                                                                      you would think i would be used to it at this stage,

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                        Janet Devlin was effin awesome there on X factor

almost cried I did
                                                                                        No she wasn't.
                                                                                        I have never watched X Factor but I can categorically assure you that no one has ever been nor will anyone ever be 'awesome' on Xfactor.
                                                                                        If you were moved it was because of the quality of the production and the manipulative editing.
                                                                                        So there
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          No she wasn't.
                                                                                          I have never watched X Factor but I can categorically assure you that no one has ever been nor will anyone ever be 'awesome' on Xfactor.
                                                                                          If you were moved it was because of the quality of the production and the manipulative editing.
                                                                                          So there
                                                                                          Snob

Comment

thats how good i run atm!! And gone in 3rd!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 10000/20000 Blinds 2000 Ante (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t249868)
                                                                                            SB (t101488)
                                                                                            Hero (BB) (t506644)

Hero's M: 14.07

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
                                                                                            1 fold, SB bets t99488 (All-In), Hero calls t79488

Flop: (t204976) 6, J, 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t204976) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t204976) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t204976

Results:
                                                                                            SB had 4, Q (straight, seven high).
                                                                                            Hero had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
                                                                                            Outcome: t204976 returned to SB

Comment

1 trick pony she is

Comment

Lol.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Stolen from 2+2. Had to be shared.

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I won't vote for him, I'd certainly vote to put him in the Dail or in a position where he could actually achieve something. I just don't see the point in sending him to the Park where he will be very unhappy as he seems to have deluded himself completely as to what his role there is and will be unable to do most of what he has been saying he'll do.
                                                                                                    I must say I do like what he said today about visiting every Secondary school in the country, if he does that right it could be quite good.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                    Fcking public. Have already spent my Michael D winnings. "my bailout, Joe" request pending etc.
                                                                                                    I wonder will he realise he doesn't actually want the job.
                                                                                                    I'm totally amazed by the latest poll. Didn't even know what Gallagher looked like prior to the first debate. Really thought Michael D was the lock of all time locks, he's the only one who seems to completely understand the limitations of the job.

Obviously lost a few quid on Norris myself. Really had no idea he would be such an incompetent, media unfriendly, embarrassing douche bag.
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Kitty has unbelievable talent FACT!!!
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Hello, those anyone know how to get your ipoker stats on pokerprolabs to private?

Would appreciate the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          Kitty has unbelievable talent FACT!!!
                                                                                                          So do you like cats now?

Comment

Originally posted by samspuds View Post
                                                                                                            Hello, those anyone know how to get your ipoker stats on pokerprolabs to private?

Would appreciate the feedback!
                                                                                                            I'd imagine you mail them.

That's how it works with Sharkscope afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              I'm totally amazed by the latest poll. Didn't even know what Gallagher looked like prior to the first debate. Really thought Michael D was the lock of all time locks, he's the only one who seems to completely understand the limitations of the job.

Obviously lost a few quid on Norris myself. Really had no idea he would be such an incompetent, media unfriendly, embarrassing douche bag.

Was accused of being a being a Homophobe for laying into norris recently. I also think their is a fair few people supporting him just to be right on.
                                                                                                              The man is an arse.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Was accused of being a being a Homophobe for laying into norris recently. I also think their is a fair few people supporting him just to be right on.
                                                                                                                The man is an arse.

There is a joke here somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                  The man is an arse.
                                                                                                                  Secret hidden message found.

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                                                                    There is a joke here somewhere

Comment

had to bump bbv, very quiet here tonight!!
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

This place has gone to the dogs since SHD got banned.

Comment

Can't speak for anyone else. I'm on my third bottle of wine, and can barely see my screen/ keyboard.

Had the best intentions of watching the 2nd seni-final in the morning(probably still will, though only half awake). I was more emotionally disappointed with Wales failure this morning than I was with Ireland's last week.
                                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X