This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
    i know sfa about soccer,but as far as i know ireland will draw one of these teams,turkey,estonia,montenegro or bosnia-herzegovina,am i wrong in saying that we have a great chance against any of these teams.btw is it a two game thing(home and away)?
    Turkey and Bosnia will be very tough. Really hard places to go. Montenegro we would beat over two legs as seeds imo. Estonia is the team we want, I think we could beat them home and away.

There is no easy game and we would have to perform well to go through.

It is two legs home and away. We are seeded so get our home game second.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      you mean the mods stepped in and deleted my posts. That irked me more than you calling me a creep. My irritation was I wasn't allowed defend myself. Choose to read it how you want. I know myself what annoys me and as any mods here will testify from the old place, it's censorship. Bring it on Hurricane and CHD, let's meet, I'm not a violentt person I havn't threatened anyone, asll I'm saying is insult me to my face if you have the balls. That's it. I will then return the insult and if it escalates so be it. Hardly a threat and I promise I won't throw the 1st one. Fair enough?. Same goes for you Hurricane. When is the next IPB drink session, I'll deffo drop in for one. Bet we're all friends (all of a sudden) also don't forget I'm old so what could I possibly do?
      Lol. Whatever is wrong with you isn't a small thing. Iirc we were supposed to meet up at the IPO last year but you dodged me (probably to do with you busting and me being the moral winner of the thing buy meh)

I grow weary of your nonsense.

Comment

you mean the mods stepped in and deleted my posts. That irked me more than you calling me a creep. My irritation was I wasn't allowed defend myself. Choose to read it how you want. I know myself what annoys me and as any mods here will testify from the old place, it's censorship. Bring it on Hurricane and CHD, let's meet, I'm not a violentt person I havn't threatened anyone, asll I'm saying is insult me to my face if you have the balls. That's it. I will then return the insult and if it escalates so be it. Hardly a threat and I promise I won't throw the 1st one. Fair enough?. Same goes for you Hurricane. When is the next IPB drink session, I'll deffo drop in for one. Bet we're all friends (all of a sudden) also don't forget I'm old so what could I possibly do?
        I won't throw first one either, will be longest fight in history.

I just find your over reactions funny. The way you wind up DannyDiamond. Stop taking being wound up so seriously!

If I'm on ignore stop mentioning me and one day we can meet and have this showdown which will be 2 mins of weird banter and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
          Lol. Whatever is wrong with you isn't a small thing. Iirc we were supposed to meet up at the IPO last year but you dodged me (probably to do with you busting and me being the moral winner of the thing buy meh)

That stopped being an achievement the 62nd time you mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by sundancekid View Post
            Went to see Dylan Moran on Sunday night.

He said that Dana has sex with lizards....

and then they die.

He's a celebrity so I presume he has inside info and believe this completely
            I was at this too. I thought he was really poor in the first half, but picked up so much better in the second half. I like the Mary Shelley and Frankenstein bit as well as "I'd love to vote for David Norris, except that he's a prick" bit.

Overall, i thought the show was really poor. His constant references to the clock and "how time flies", "have i been here that long" really pissed me off.

It was also ungodly hot in the venue. What was up with the woman who baked him cakes? "I love a muffin on a hot sweaty night".

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
              *****PLEASE NOTE I KNOW NOTHING OF FOOTBALL******

Was involved in a conversation about this in the office and from reading the above post i trying to relate it back to something i know, please tell me if the below would be a correct read

footpoker

We're on the bubble, we're shortstacked in some regards and outskilled in others, yes there are weaker players at the table but with stack size's being what they are our edge over them is 0, actually due to the way some other teams are playing and structure we may have a neg edge against other players at the table (Weaker players will have a chance to double thr
              coast into the money)

Our problem is we are being to passive in our approach to both the bubble and the tourny as it stands, we always seem to have the life loot on the table and passing up +EV spots to shove we are a rear breed of nit/fish
              too tight and don't know how to win

is this correct

ps: in before the "your right, you don't know anything about football"

lol
              It's more like playing HU. We're a solid player whose a bit tight but has a decent understanding of the game, play the percentages well ect... We're
              never going to surprise you though, probably far too predicticle, don't have an enough gears to be successful at the highest level consistantly but solid enough to win on any given day with a bit of luck.

Struggled with that analogy ha.
              Last edited by The Situation; 12-10-11, 09:36.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                Anyone have a link to how to set a PS3 up as a media player?
                Several guides are available generally
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post

LOL are you serious. I know the difference between insulting and slagging, you don't. Danny Diamond would not take insults from me or anyone else.
                  As for the IPO last year , are you serious, the thought occupied your head and still does/ . If I remember that was banter and before you turned into a complete insulting fecker. I promise to be at the next IPB session I really do. Also stop friend requesting me on facebook. take a hint.

that's me done here, post away about how you owm me. It's redic in the extreme. I wish I could post some PMs sent to me about you guys, you'd be surprised what certain people think of you. (actually maybe not)

Comment

I honestly think that this team isn't that much worse than McCarthy's in terms of basic quality. I mean if you look at the team pound for pound I'd say the only players we really miss are the likes of Cunny Keningham, Steve Finnan, Matt Holland and Roy Keane (who was unreplaceable anyway).

Certainly this Ireland manager has a wealth of attacking options in comparison to what McCarthy made do with. I mean how many times did Ireland play 4-5-1 simply because there was no decent second striker available, fit and playing for his club? How many times did we play full-backs as wingers because there were no other options?

Nowadays we have four top-class wingers and three strikers competing for 4 places in the team. I can also think of at least two quality attacking players who should probably be in the squad who are not being selected. So I reject the claim that Ireand are playing the game that will get them the best results with the reources available

When you think of what McCarthy could have achieved with those kind of resources in comparison to what he made do with, not just in terms of the results gained but also the quality of football and entertainment provided, it's pretty annoying to see a long-ball, defensive game being played these days.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

LOL are you serious. I know the difference between insulting and slagging, you don't. Danny Diamond would not take insults from me or anyone else.
                      As for the IPO last year , are you serious, the thought occupied your head and still does/ . If I remember that was banter and before you turned into a complete insulting fecker. I promise to be at the next IPB session I really do. Also stop friend requesting me on facebook. take a hint.

that's me done here, post away about how you owm me. It's redic in the extreme. I wish I could post some PMs sent to me about you guys, you'd be surprised what certain people think of you. (actually maybe not)
                      If I didn't know better I'd swear you were 12 years old

Comment

People need to chill; have a coffee and a packet of Walkers Ready Salted.

Comment

@40something - if we still had Zinedine Kilbane in the team we'd have won by five, easily.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                            I honestly think that this team isn't that much worse than McCarthy's in terms of basic quality. I mean if you look at the team pound for pound I'd say the only players we really miss are the likes of Cunny Keningham, Steve Finnan, Matt Holland and Roy Keane (who was unreplaceable anyway).

Seriously?? Duffer was one of the best players in the premiership during Micks reign. Keane was also at the height of his powers, Quinn was an excellent foil for him. Dunne+ O Shea were better. Holland + Kinsella were a lot better than our current choices, not to mention Roy. Carr and Finnan were very experienced premiership regulars. Got to be a level?

Edit re your other points I don't think we have 1 "top class" winger.
                            Last edited by The Situation; 12-10-11, 09:56.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              tayto is the only crisp, whats with all this walker nonsense and with coffee, yuk
                              http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

...I know the difference between insulting and slagging...
                                Willie, I honestly think you have a little bit of a problem in this department, at least online. You are a bit inclined to take offence where no real offence was intended and to come back over the top as if you have been gravely injured.

Relax, enjoy the ride and ignore when appropriate.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Don't get all the hate for Ready salted, although my tastes are more savoury than anything else, But F Walkers, hate them more than anyone should really hate anything like that.... maybe becuase i fat that I hate them more.... fat people rarly hate food and never hate Junk food, obv i'm a life looser at being fat as well got to start plugging these life leaks!!

Comment

I want crisps.

Walkers only good crisps are these.

These are better than Tayto and King.

These were the best crisps.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Willie, I honestly think you have a little bit of a problem in this department, at least online. You are a bit inclined to take offence where no real offence was intended and to come back over the top as if you have been gravely injured.

Relax, enjoy the ride and ignore when appropriate.
                                      I'm like that in real life too. no difference. I take people at face value. If people insult me they get it back. If you think I've not been insulted I'm surprised.

Would you like it if I said you were clueless? a fucking creep etc etc. Thanks for the back up. Tony.

Can I request the mods do an IP ban or whatever , you'll know I'll lurk and respond to insults etc so it's probably best for all concerned. I don't have the dicipline to ingore these cunts. My failing is and I will admit it , I take no shit .

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        TV Show List
                                        Six feet under should definitely be on there - that show is quality

Comment

Beginning to get very pissed off with the bad attitude towards Walkers and in particular towards their supreme offering, the Ready Salted crisp.

I was content to put it down to the 'culchie hick element' who generally think that the crisp begins and end with "the package o' taytos" and who don't even realise that Tayto is a brand. The "No Tayters left, give us a package of them King Tayters instead" bumpkins.

But when I read someone as hitherto suave and sophisticated a poster as rounders123 dissing the Walkers Ready Salted, then I am shaken to my core.

God Help You all.

Hail.

Ready Salted are an abomination.
                                          However, there is on notable exception
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                              While it was indeed full moon two nights ago, there's actually zero connection between full moon and behaviour/mood!
                                              So why do ppl always refer odd crrry on to the full moon, and this is being going on for generations id imagine.

Comment

Comment

While it was indeed full moon two nights ago, there's actually zero connection between full moon and behaviour/mood!
                                                  You're a lunatic.

Comment

minature american flags for all.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Has the IT Eoghan O'Dea article been linked to yet?

Comment

When i was fat i loved these:

and

I avoid them (all crisps) like the plaque now, i have to

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          Seriously?? Duffer was one of the best players in the premiership during Micks reign. Keane was also at the height of his powers, Quinn was an excellent foil for him. Dunne+ O Shea were better. Holland + Kinsella were a lot better than our current choices, not to mention Roy. Carr and Finnan were very experienced premiership regulars. Got to be a level?

Edit re your other points I don't think we have 1 "top class" winger.
                                                          Seriously.

Firstly we still have both Dunne and O'Shea, each older and better now IMO. Both were potential liabilities in their early careers one due to being fat and error-prone and the other due to limited ability. They've both since overcome their weaknesses and are better players now.

Now, would you say Sean St Ledger is any worse than Gary Breen? They're kind of similar actually. Both have to make last-ditch tackles too often because their positioning is poor. Both likely to give the ball away in bad positions.

Quinn was past his best when McCarthy took over as manager, the fact he went on playing for 6 years after that was because there nobody better to take his place.

I wouldn't say Kinsella is any better than Andrews or Whelan. He could certainly tackle but every pass was sideways just like those two. It's just that he had players around him who were looking for the ball, because that's how the manager had the team set out to play. you could swap him out for either and there wouldn't be much of a difference.

I'd take McGeady + Duff in his 30's, playing with two recognised strikers over Kilbane and McAteer with Duff in his 20's playing as a striker. Goalscoring was always the weakest part of his game and it always showed when he played up front.

re: Wingers. If you don't think McGeady, Duff, Hunt and Coleman aren't all great wingers then you're not paying much attention to world football these days. We have an abundance of talent in those positions in comparison to other international teams at a similar level to us. And we have Hoolahan waiting in the wings. That's a glut of attacking options in comparison to the McCarthy days.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Comes from the 'old days' when sleep was driven by sunlight hours. Young people used to stay out late carousing on full-moon nights due to extra light so it became linked by old people to crazy behaviour.

Well thats one possible explanation anyway. I'd imagine the moon's old role as a God also has an impact.

But there has been hundreds of studies on moon impact on behaviour (and have sadly read the majority of them) and the best they can say is that there might be a very mild monthly mood cycle in men that mimics women's menstrual cycle - but its too minor to actually affect behaviour.
                                                              I like this 1, actually kinda makes sense too.

Comment

I'm like that in real life too. no difference. I take people at face value. If people insult me they get it back. If you think I've not been insulted I'm surprised.

Would you like it if I said you were clueless? a fucking creep etc etc. Thanks for the back up. Tony.

Can I request the mods do an IP ban or whatever , you'll know I'll lurk and respond to insults etc so it's probably best for all concerned. I don't have the dicipline to ingore these cunts. My failing is and I will admit it , I take no shit .
                                                                You really need to get to the states

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                  LOL at it not being on the list from the start, how quickly we forget.

There is also a lot of old BBC stuff from the Eighties that would probably stand the test of time. The Alan Bleasdale and Dennis Potter stuff of course but there were also a few good thrillers and Dickens adaptations.
                                                                  Too busy today but I'll start a list tonight.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Seriously.

Firstly we still have both Dunne and O'Shea, each older and better now IMO. Both were potential liabilities in their early careers one due to being fat and error-prone and the other due to limited ability. They've both since overcome their weaknesses and are better players now.

Now, would you say Sean St Ledger is any worse than Gary Breen? They're kind of similar actually. Both have to make last-ditch tackles too often because their positioning is poor. Both likely to give the ball away in bad positions.

Quinn was past his best when McCarthy took over as manager, the fact he went on playing for 6 years after that was because there nobody better to take his place.

I wouldn't say Kinsella is any better than Andrews or Whelan. He could certainly tackle but every pass was sideways just like those two. It's just that he had players around him who were looking for the ball, because that's how the manager had the team set out to play. you could swap him out for either and there wouldn't be much of a difference.

I'd take McGeady + Duff in his 30's, playing with two recognised strikers over Kilbane and McAteer with Duff in his 20's playing as a striker. Goalscoring was always the weakest part of his game and it always showed when he played up front.

re: Wingers. If you don't think McGeady, Duff, Hunt and Coleman aren't all great wingers then you're not paying much attention to world football these days. We have an abundance of talent in those positions in comparison to other international teams at a similar level to us. And we have Hoolahan waiting in the wings. That's a glut of attacking options in comparison to the McCarthy days.
                                                                    I don't know which side of this debate I come down on, but McGeady is the worst winger I've ever seen at International level.

If he was getting on ahead of me in the Sunday League team I'd be losing my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      Has the IT Eoghan O'Dea article been linked to yet?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...305639103.html
                                                                      Nice articale, Dont know Eoghan or his Da, but when he final tabled this there was some guy in my local and he said "Oh I know him alright hes a bit of an arse, kinda guy who says look at me do you know who I am. PLyaing off his fathers coatails"

Have to say after reading this he doesnt come across anything like this guy said at all.

Best of luck to you pal hope you take it down.

Comment

Seriously.

re: Wingers. If you don't think McGeady, Duff, Hunt and Coleman aren't all great wingers then you're not paying much attention to world football these days. We have an abundance of talent in those positions in comparison to other international teams at a similar level to us. And we have Hoolahan
                                                                        waiting in the wings. That's a glut of attacking options in comparison to the
                                                                        McCarthy days.

My word *in my best Ray Wilkins* accent. Don't really know where to start. I'm not disagreeing that we have more depth now but the quality of Micks side was infinitely better, you clearly don't agree so it's prob not worth my while convincing you otherwise.

Only other thing I'll say is if you think Duff (now) Aiden, Hunt and Coleman are top class wingers you must be seriously deluded, or we have a very different understanding of the term 'world class'. Coleman could possibly enter this category but he's nowhere that level currently.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                          Cool beans, added it.

Also, I have a few of these:

Title: Archer

Cast: H. Jon Benjamin, Judy Greer, Chris Parnell, Aisha Tyler, Jessica Walter, George Coe, Amber Nash

Genre: Animation/Comedy

Description: Set at the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS) in New York City, suave but incredibly self-centered master spy Sterling Archer deals with global espionage; his domineering, hypersexual mother/boss, Malory Archer; his ex-girlfriend (and fellow ISIS agent), Lana Kane; her ISIS accountant boyfriend (later ex) Cyril Figgis; and a less-than-masculine code name, "Duchess".

Links: IMDB|TV.com

Watch this if you like: Arrested Development, Get Smart

Status: Ongoing (currently in Season 3).

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpYiR5L9COw
                                                                          done out now.

I was going to post them where only my cousins would be able to see them but I'm thinking somewhere in the main forum would be better so everyone can check it out...

Thoughts?

Comment

@richie, wtf you on about in the satnav thread?

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                              Knucks?
                                                                              Yes,winnar.WP.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                              Knucks (n.)

Small star shaped metal objects used in a game with the same name. Knucks were obtained from workers in the Ighrron Foundaghrree (the Iron Foundary). Knucks can also be used as a euphemism as in “Look at the big set of knucks on yer man!!!”
                                                                              TY Kev.Remember 'em myself.Yer feckin knuckles id be red boy.

Or if you don't have a pack to hand,just rub some salt into a piece of paper and eat that.Equally tasty.
                                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

a bit of chillin reqd here i feel between some .......

Subscribe to XL Recordings on YouTube: https://bit.ly/3RPMfmgVideo Directed by Mat Kirkby.Written by Bob Dylan#Adele #MakeYouFeelMyLove #XLRecordingsXL Now ►...

Comment

I don't know which side of this debate I come down on, but McGeady is the worst winger I've ever seen at International level.

If he was getting on ahead of me in the Sunday League team I'd be losing my mind.
                                                                                  He does have and incredible bag of trick though.

Comment

Cool beans, added it.

Also, I have a few of these:

done out now.

I was going to post them where only my cousins would be able to see them but I'm thinking somewhere in the main forum would be better so everyone can check it out...

Thoughts?
                                                                                    Yeah might not be a bad idea, over in the Community section?
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Lol at you kean, lol at mot being able to see McGeady's talents. Granted he played shit last night but he was our best performer over the 3 previous games.

Comment

Can you not fly Dublin to Cork anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                          Lol at you kean, lol at mot being able to see McGeady's talents. Granted he played shit last night but he was our best performer over the 3 previous games.
                                                                                          You're right he was >>>>>>> Dunne against Russia.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                            Against Andorra? When he was marking the local butcher?

Against Russia? lolwat?

Against Slovakia? lolwat?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                              Yeah might not be a bad idea, over in the Community section?
                                                                                              Yeah that's what I was thinking alright, I'll stick up a thread I suppose.

Comment

McGeady is fuc*ing useless. A few step overs then loses the ball. So tilting to watch. He clearly has no football brain. Id rather Lawrence / hunt.

Comment

I'd say if you conducted a study on it, there would be a massive correlation between people who think Trap should be fired, think Berbatov and Ibrahimovic are shit and thought the sun shone out of Tevez' ass.

Comment

He's neither top class or useless as it happens, but I suppose there's no such thing as a middle ground in this day and age.
                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 12-10-11, 10:57.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                                                      @richie, wtf you on about in the satnav thread?
                                                                                                      You said you were after reading 2 pages of stuff Keith when everyone else was still on page one.

Change your setting to more posts per page, makes it easier to follow

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Can you not fly Dublin to Cork anymore?
                                                                                                        It appears so i was trying to do it lately but no option. I suppose the road structure no means its not really worth it.

It suited me tho as i was hoping to fly into dublin and onto cork.
                                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Trapp lacks a genuinely world class player like McCarthy had in Roy Keane and Duff in his prime and to a lesser extent Robbie Keane at the time.

Comment

Wombatpack still looking for members...... we will be nice to everybody and a bit lazy.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Not in a million years are any of our wingers world class, ridiculous to suggest that. I can't remember the last time I've seen an Ireland game where the wingers dominated the game.

For me McGeady should be dropped for play offs. I'd have Hunt in for him. I'd start Duff on the right but would be looking for Coleman to play at least 25 mins in both games.

On the striker front, Cox played well last night. The best of a bad bunch imo rather than a great performance. Long must have a part to play in next 2 games.

Re Carlop: I think Trap is doing a great job, Ibra is a fantastic player, Berbs has sublime skill but is too lazy & Tevez is a world class striker. What does this make me?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                You're right he was >>>>>>> Dunne against Russia.
                                                                                                                reading comprehension fail.

I said, over the last 3 matches, not he was best in each game.

McGeady is running double duties in both defence and attack seing has he has either John O'Shea or Stephen Kelly behind him.

BTW I wouldn't say he was world class either, but he's a far better than he's being made out to be on here.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Zod; 12-10-11, 11:03.

Comment

Comment

EWOK

WOMBAT

Comment

McGeady is decent.

Simple as that. I'd have Hunt ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post

Re Carlop: I think Trap is doing a great job, Ibra is a fantastic player, Berbs has sublime skill but is too lazy & Tevez is a world class striker. What does this make me?
                                                                                                                        Acceptable

Comment

Wombats look a bit scary to me,sorry Wombatman.You could always join the Vampire (lite) community?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X