This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    Dana should never be president - how would she feel having to sign off on the abortion legislation that will go through in the near (hopefully) future
    Or full marriage rights to same sex couples. Thankfully she hasn't a hope of getting elected, but it still grates me that she's given a voice at all.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Portugal will be in the playoffs again as well it seems. France, Croatia, Portugal and who else will be seeded (assuming it stays as is now)? The list of likely teams to play now seems a bit more daunting than it did a few days ago when people were speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
        best team lost

just made up a great joke, if you say the word poker slowly , It sounds like 'poke her', isn't that the cleverest thing you'll ever hear. Wait till I get to school tomorrow, they'll love this.
        You didn't make that up.

Comment

Candidates should be given airtime in proportion to how they are doing in the polls. Then we wouldn't have to listen to so much of her shite

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            I've emailed the following letter to the Indo, probably too late for tomorrow's issue. They may not print it due to the last line, probably too far over the line of impartiality, don't know though...
            Why bother wasting your time and effort when she's 100/1. Write the letter if she goes 3rd fav with the potential to cause a sweat!.

Comment

Trap saying that a playoff spot is an achievement.

GTFO, it's only another 2 games of qualifying, it'll be an achievement if they qualify.
              Surely a playoff spot would have been a minimum requirement when the draw was made.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                Portugal will be in the playoffs again as well it seems. France, Croatia, Portugal and who else will be seeded (assuming it stays as is now)? The list of likely teams to play now seems a bit more daunting than it did a few days ago when people were speculating.
                After a review looking at the rankings here: http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/ran...ble/index.html I think we will still be seeded if Slovenia hold out against Serbia, and we would face one of:

Estonia
                Czech Republic
                Montenegro
                Turkey

A lot better looking, although we would struggle against any of them the way we play I think.

Comment

Serbia just missed a penalty(Vidic), Slovenia will hang on. We'll be seeded. fuck France.
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Estonia

Yes Pleasy

Comment

Went to see Dylan Moran on Sunday night.

He said that Dana has sex with lizards....

and then they die.

He's a celebrity so I presume he has inside info and believe this completely

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                        Why bother wasting your time and effort when she's 100/1. Write the letter if she goes 3rd fav with the potential to cause a sweat!.
                        I wasn't really writing it to dissuade people voting for her, I know she won't get there, I suppose I want her to read it because I doubt I'll get the chance to say it to her face.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                          <3 Dunphy and that panel as a whole. Best on the box for entertaining.
                          Dunphy is a clown. Talking about positive football while having a negative opinion of Irish football his whole career. Well done to Trap and the team getting to the play offs. No body was pissing and moaning when big Jacks negative football got us to a world cup quarter final. Nutt the prick one time Liam!
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                            Does anyone here like ready salted crisps ? I don't think I have ever met a single person who would make them first or even second choice if offered from a variety pack. Why do they insist in putting them in ? Is it something to do with getting rid of excess salt supplies. Baffling to be honest!

Opr
                            Never has truer words been spoken here. This always stops me buying a variety pack because there are always two of these bastards in there muddying the waters. Even though im often tempted getting the hunky dorey variety despite their presence because of the 2 buffalo in there even though i always hold firm in the end.
                            Only boring or sick bastards buy these imo. I bet Tabak went for the ready salted by choice in asda. The flavour is another lie needing to be told if i was on the jury because ready salted is all id need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                              Candidates should be given airtime in proportion to how they are doing in the polls. Then we wouldn't have to listen to so much of her shite
                              Mitchell on George Hook last week rubbished the polls, spouting the usual politician stock response of 'the only poll that matters is the 27th blah blah..'. Two minutes later he's wankering on about topping a poll of farmers.

I think I hate him more than Dana. Disingenuous wanker.

Comment

Nice tuneage at the end of How to Make it in America this week

the video for the debut single by The Joy Formidable, Austere, released August 18th via Another Music = Another Kitchen records on 7" vinyl.To download this ...

Comment

Are we seeded or not? Monkeys are saying both on Twitter.

Comment

Just for reference adding vinegar and giving them a bit of a shake doesn't improve things

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                      Are we seeded or not? Monkeys are saying both on Twitter.
                                      Yes, 3rd seed out of the 8. I'm not sure if Bosnia or Czech will be the other top seeds with us/Portugal/Croatia. I think the Czech's, so we could play Bosnia.

Comment

Dana should never be president - how would she feel having to sign off on the abortion legislation that will go through in the near (hopefully) future
                                        There is close to zero chance of this Government moving an abortion referendum so I assume you don't mean that.

If you mean the desperately needed legislation providing a framework for the limited abortion that is allowed under our Constitution then there's probably equally little chance of that being moved by this Government.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

There's a cat in there somewhere, see if you can spot it...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                            Yes, 3rd seed out of the 8. I'm not sure if Bosnia or Czech will be the other top seeds with us/Portugal/Croatia. I think the Czech's, so we could play Bosnia.
                                            I'd say Bosnia are praying for us. Actually maybe Portugal so the can exact some revenge.

Comment

The seeds are Portugal, Croatia, ROI & Czech Rep. Unseeded are Bosnia & Herz, Estonia, Montenegro & Turkey. Draw Thursday at 12pm our time.

Comment

Estonia one time.

Comment

Who are these people in Patrick Guibbaulds (sp)!!

Comment

I'm looking to get one of those media player things for the tele(I think that's what it is anyway).

Basically I want something with a hard drive (1tb or so), that hooks up to the TV via HDMI, has an interface from which I can search through my movies (something like XBMC), plays all the mains formats, IR remote pickup (for a macro remote I have) and possibly wifi so I can transfer files to it through my home network as I download more stuff, rather than having to plug it back into the computer all the time (this is far from necessary just might be nice if no extra cost).

As for costs I'd be looking for something less than €200 I guess, although I don't really know how much these things cost. Sick of hooking up the laptop to the tele all the time!

What would ye recommend?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'm looking to get one of those media player things for the tele(I think that's what it is anyway).

Basically I want something with a hard drive (1tb or so), that hooks up to the TV via HDMI, has an interface from which I can search through my movies (something like XBMC), plays all the mains formats, IR remote pickup (for a macro remote I have) and possibly wifi so I can transfer files to it through my home network as I download more stuff, rather than having to plug it back into the computer all the time (this is far from necessary just might be nice if no extra cost).

As for costs I'd be looking for something less than €200 I guess, although I don't really know how much these things cost. Sick of hooking up the laptop to the tele all the time!

What would ye recommend?
                                                        Hey NA, i have a spare 1 it has 450 movies or so it. it a 1tb. make, freecom. its urs for a 100 if u like.
                                                        http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                                                          Hey NA, i have a spare 1 it has 450 movies or so it. it a 1tb. make, freecom. its urs for a 100 if u like.
                                                          Sounds good, what model is it do you know? I already have a rake of movies/tv shows on my laptop but the more the merrier I guess. It's working fine I assume yeah?

Comment

What would ye recommend?
                                                            do u haf ps3?

Comment

Can't remember was it Lazare that posted it but Ken Burley was back on the welsh station after the rugby match the other day. Very good. On newstalk facebook pagge

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                do u haf ps3?
                                                                Yeah but my parents would be using it as much as me and there is no chance I'll be able to teach them how to use it without me going insane

Comment

do u haf ps3?
                                                                  Anyone have a link to how to set a PS3 up as a media player?

Comment

Sounds good, what model is it do you know? I already have a rake of movies/tv shows on my laptop but the more the merrier I guess. It's working fine I assume yeah?
                                                                    works fine. make is FREECOM. has the hdmi, lan, usb device and usb host and most important of all the remote. movies ya can just bulk delete, every1 has different taste and that. most of mine be for the kids if i rem correct.

Comment

do u haf ps3?
                                                                      Actually this reminds me, on my old laptop I could watch movies on my laptop through the ps3 over wifi but for whatever reason it doesn't work for my new laptop. Can't find it on the network. Is this a frequent problem? Windows 7 vs Vista FWIW. Sorry about the vagueness but it has been ages since I tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                        Anyone have a link to how to set a PS3 up as a media player?
                                                                        Actually this reminds me, on my old laptop I could watch movies on my laptop through the ps3 over wifi but for whatever reason it doesn't work for my new laptop. Can't find it on the network. Is this a frequent problem? Windows 7 vs Vista FWIW. Sorry about the vagueness but it has been ages since I tried it.
                                                                        Tversity

TVersity Media Server is a DLNA media server software designed for streaming video, audio and images to your DLNA device (including game consoles, smart TVs, Blu-ray players, and Roku), to mobile devices and to Chromecast. TVersity Screen Server brings screen mirroring to the big screen, it is a DLNA media server software designed for mirroring your PC screen or playing your PC audio to the same devices as above.

How to play media on a TV, STB, Game Console, and more!Submitted by PC-Addicts Community Member: Brokenshovel. http://tversity.com/- Play personal and Intern...

Comment

This has served me well for a couple of years now

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-10-11, 21:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                              Dunphy is a clown. Talking about positive football while having a negative opinion of Irish football his whole career. Well done to Trap and the team getting to the play offs. No body was pissing and moaning when big Jacks negative football got us to a world cup quarter final. Nutt the prick one time Liam!
                                                                              They are the only bunch I hang on for after a game,I switch off the rest.
                                                                              Agree or disagree with them, they are very entertaining and passionate regarding their opinions and they will voice them the best way they know how.

The major downside to the coverage tonight is Ronnie Whelan, great footballer but such a plank when he opens his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

If you mean the desperately needed legislation providing a framework for the limited abortion that is allowed under our Constitution then there's probably equally little chance of that being moved by this Government.
                                                                                ^^^^^
                                                                                I meant this - but thats your department so the legal heads can sort it out

Its baffling that we can explain to potential parents all the options they have, where to go to get an abortion (recommended clinics) and provide after the fact counselling services yet we cant actually do the abortion here!

Like if somebody wants one they are getting one I dont see why we are still living in the dark ages

Comment

What would ye recommend?
                                                                                  If your looking at LaCie ones, don't make the mistake I did of buying this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/LaCie-301397...8369289&sr=8-4 Really only plays avi files, and everything has to be transferred over using a usb cable.

Their later one http://www.amazon.co.uk/LaCie-LaCine...8369289&sr=8-1 may be worth considering. Haven't got one myself, though the specs and reviews seem better.

I mostly use my PS3, though even with the remote you're probably right in concluding that it's unlikely to suit your parents.
                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

The major downside to the coverage tonight is Ronnie Whelan, great footballer but such a plank when he opens his mouth.
                                                                                    So much fun when he's talking about Liverpool though

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                      ^^^ ten days in Stoke

anticipating your 10k post just consisting of grunts!
                                                                                      still haven't gotten used to the 48 hour working week yet...

Patches of insanity making their way into my days. Although feel I've already been a huge assistance to the team I'm working with, they're all math background with no finance theory, I've essentially rewritten 2 of their "games" so far, with a recommendation for a brand new game too.

With development and testing and all that craic, will be guts 6months till anyone sees any of it, but a nice start.

Comment

I have one of these so whatever I get needs to be compatible with it.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

This has served me well for a couple of years now
                                                                                          What is this?

Comment

What is this?
                                                                                            Media player. Hook a HDD to it and then link it to the TV with a HDMI and away you go

Comment

Media player. Hook a HDD to it and then link it to the TV with a HDMI and away you go
                                                                                              Actually that sounds pretty good, I already have a 1tb portable hd

Comment

What would ye recommend?
                                                                                                Today's Ibood may be of interest (no idea if it's any good):

Comment

Jasus, im starving after watching masterchef !!

How much would it cost to eat in those places ?
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

So much fun when he's talking about Liverpool though
                                                                                                    Nah, he's always terrible. God love him, he sounds like he might be a touch mentally handicapped, he can't even speak properly, every word seems to be a struggle.

Comment

^^^^^
                                                                                                      I meant this - but thats your department so the legal heads can sort it out

Its baffling that we can explain to potential parents all the options they have, where to go to get an abortion (recommended clinics) and provide after the fact counselling services yet we cant actually do the abortion here!

Like if somebody wants one they are getting one I dont see why we are still living in the dark ages
                                                                                                      Political reality. The people who want it won't thank you for it and the people who don't want it will dedicate their lives to ruining you for ever doing it.

Politicians are the weakest of the weak when it comes to issues like this.

Comment

The Camels blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bookmaker Give Away Lots of Money!

Back in the early days of internet poker one site was the place for action.

The $25-50 PLO games were legendary, with fortunes being won and lost daily.

And of course where there was action, there were Scandies, gambling it up with the best of them.

Sadly those days are long gone.

That site's poker action is a thing of the dim and distant past.

But something strange happened, and no-one at the bookmakers HQ could understand it.

A group of the Scandie player left huge amounts on deposit even though there was never any games for them to play and they were heavily limited in their potential to bet on sports.

Rumour has it that 7 players left over £1,000,000 each in their accounts.

Had they simply got so much money that they had forgotten about it?

Oh no.

For five long years these guys exploited a loophole that the bookie was too stupid to notice.

If you want to bet in the bookmakers sportsbook you do so in sterling, if you want to play poker it's in dollars.

This site set their exchange rate for the day at 8am.

If during the previous day the pound had strengthened against the dollar the Scandies would transfer their entire roll from the sportsbook to the poker room at 7.45am.

At 8.15, they would transfer back at the new rate.

If the pound had gone up as little as 0.2%, that's £2000 profit on £1million for half an hour.

If we can guess that the pound went up roughly 50% of individual days by an average of 0.05% that is a risk free profit of £456,250 each over the 5 years.

Not bad work if you can get it!

If only they were as generous with their real punters...

posted by The Camel at 1:12 PM 0 comments

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                          Jasus, im starving after watching masterchef !!

How much would it cost to eat in those places ?
                                                                                                          Was in L'Ecrivain last night. 3 course meal for 2 with a couple of drinks would have run to 220 (75 off due to a recent voucher offer, ty to whoever posted that).

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                            Was in L'Ecrivain last night. 3 course meal for 2 with a couple of drinks would have run to 220 (75 off due to a recent voucher offer, ty to whoever posted that).
                                                                                                            Thats not too bad for a special occasion i guess, was thinking about 150PP just for the grub !
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

[QUOTE=Kayroo;418510]Political reality. The people who want it won't thank you for it and the people who don't want it will dedicate their lives to ruining you for ever doing it.
                                                                                                                Politicians are the weakest of the weak when it comes to issues like this.[/QUOTE

while im totally against abortion on so many levels, i have to agree with both you and BK on what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                                                  The Camels blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bookmaker Give Away Lots of Money!

...
                                                                                                                  guess that the pound went up roughly 50% of individual days by an average of 0.05% that is a risk free profit of £456,250 each over the 5 years.

Not bad work if you can get it!

If only they were as generous with their real punters...

posted by The Camel at 1:12 PM 0 comments
                                                                                                                  That couldn't be true could it no way could that be going on for years, maybe for a few weeks but surely no one is dumb enough to let that slip by.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

while im totally against abortion on so many levels, i have to agree with both you and BK on what you said.
                                                                                                                    I used to be but there are so many situations that have to be accounted for it just makes sense (to me) to be pro choice

Comment

This is a really common mistake people make when thinking about the abortion debate.

Nobody is pro-abortion. There isn't a single person who loves abortions and wants people to have them. Everyone thinks abortions are terrible and wishes they didn't happen.

However, there are times when it is the best course of action morally and medically for an abortion to take place and for a State to refuse to allow doctors to supply that service in order to make itself feel morally superior is wrong. The only thing worse is to allow it to happen but just not within the confines of its own authority so as to enjoy the benefits of the necessary procedures while simultaneously keeping the societal sense of morality intact.

It is simply cowardice that allows this to stand. Moral absolutes are infantile and the language of morality used by anti-abortionists is misplaced at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        That couldn't be true could it no way could that be going on for years, maybe for a few weeks but surely no one is dumb enough to let that slip by.

after a little investigation
                                                                                                                        its true ok but not recent - one of the scandies was a sponsored pro - hint, he had the name of the site tattooed on his arse
                                                                                                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 11-10-11, 22:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                          This is a really common mistake people make when thinking about the abortion debate.

Nobody is pro-abortion. There isn't a single person who loves abortions and wants people to have them. Everyone thinks abortions are terrible and wishes they didn't happen.

However, there are times when it is the best course of action morally and medically for an abortion to take place and for a State to refuse to allow doctors to supply that service in order to make itself feel morally superior is wrong. The only thing worse is to allow it to happen but just not within the confines of its own authority so as to enjoy the benefits of the necessary procedures while simultaneously keeping the societal sense of morality intact.

It is simply cowardice that allows this to stand. Moral absolutes are infantile and the language of morality used by anti-abortionists is misplaced at best.
                                                                                                                          I am very much pro choice.

The bolded part, do you feel the same about the youth in asia ?

I think when you feel, due to medical reasons, your done you should also have the choice to end it and no longer either suffer in pain or be a burdon on your family.

Cant remember the film...it was a true story about a doctor in the states who helped people end their lives, it was a very good watch.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X