This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
    Hate Sundays too - obv this will change if I 'bink' redundancy the week after next!

Fecking hate online poker as well these days, argh!

Been sick for the past 5 days with gastroenteritis, it's not that much fun, on anti-biotics for the next while. Still managed to go to the Connacht-Leinster match yesterday, entertaining contest, if Connacht had any sort of a scrum it would have been a real toss-up. Still feel a bit gutted after Ireland's exit from the WC, it just feels so...anti-climatic
    apparently half the Connacht team with the vomiting bug, hadn't been able to train since Tues. Might explain them fading in the second half. Just no energy. Griffin was due to start but pulled out at last second, reckon the squad is in bits from it!

Comment

Glad Im not alone in Sundayloathaments. Still procrastinating-setting the alarm for 5am as STILL cant face doindg what I need to. (no doubt be the usual routine of mashing snooze repeatedly until 7am thus depriving mself of a decent kip even)

Comment

Sundays are great and getting up at 6AM only makes them longer and better.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
          lol, it is ridic dumb all right and you hate watching it; but I'd say the ratio of IPBers watching xFactor tonight vs the American eggball on at the same time was at least 3:1 despite what the post count might suggest to the contrary!

Gambling on it through thinking about how the public might vote is highly interesting imo

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
          Bored to Death starting back on HBO tomorrow and see that new Enlightened is also starting, wish i wasnt working again
          Excellent was aware it was starting soon but didn't know it was tonight, also don't forget the season finale of Breaking Bad is tonight as well

Originally posted by digiman View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXw662jv60

I love Snow Patrol so biased, but this was good fun!
          I think Snow Patrol are excellent see they have a new album coming out next month, have enjoyed every album they have released so far fingers crossed this one is good as well.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Sunday meh, just got some excellent information.
            I can't wait until tomorrow,

SPOILER
            the Dukes are trying to corner the entire frozen orange juice market, unless someone stops them. I have a cunning plan to get my hands on the orange crop report.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXw662jv60

I love Snow Patrol so biased, but this was good fun!
              Yeah went to see them with Primal Scream last week in Buenos Aires. Very good show.

Comment

Watched the first two episodes of Person of Interest and its actually ok, wonder will it last thou, also caught the first couple of episodes of Zooey Deschanel's show New Girl first one was a little iffy but the other ones have been ok has potential.

Comment

breacking bad rocks

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    Watched the first two episodes of Person of Interest and its actually ok, wonder will it last thou, also caught the first couple of episodes of Zooey Deschanel's show New Girl first one was a little iffy but the other ones have been ok has potential.
                    1st episode of Person of Interest I thought was woeful, won;t be watching anymore. Whats the Zooey one about, she is quality must have a look. Have a watch of the pilot of American Horror Story if you get a chance, weird mad shit.

Watching Midnight in Paris now, Owen Wilson already grating

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      There is no reason to buy an older car that doesn't have a fresh NCT. Buyers market loads of cars for sale, at 10 years plus they need to be done every year
                      No they don't. It's still 2 years, taxis have to be done every year from new.

I agree that it is a buyers market, no need to buy a car without an NCT.

Comment

anyone know were i could get the documentary
                        "the battle for tobacco road"

Its a HBO docu on the rivalry between Duke and North Carolina
                        GAA News Website

Comment

Unfortunately being unemployed means your days really have no meaning and they all just blob into one gelatinous mega day. Without the vomit enducing sundays there is no brilliant high at 5 friday when you get your freedom. Yous workers have it so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                            anyone know were i could get the documentary
                            "the battle for tobacco road"

Its a HBO docu on the rivalry between Duke and North Carolina
                            Google videos?

Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 09-10-11, 22:51.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                From the man that brought you QWOP. (that hard to run game)

Comment

Fascinating story here about a London girl - Joyce Vincent - who was dead for three years in her flat with the telly on and window open before she was found.

A dude randomly read the story in a discarded newspaper on the Tube and decided to make a film about trying to find out who she was and what her life was like.

Lots of spoilers in here (basically its a very long TL;DR) if you want to see the documentary which is:

"Dreams of a Life, written and directed by Carol Morley, will be shown at the 2011 BFI London Film Festival. The film has been shortlisted for the Grierson award for best documentary at the LFF. It will go on general release in March 2012. www.dreamsofalife.com"

But if you want to read his written take on the story... here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ITT-Pat View Post

Solid first post Pat, you fecker.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                      1st episode of Person of Interest I thought was woeful, won;t be watching anymore. Whats the Zooey one about, she is quality must have a look. Have a watch of the pilot of American Horror Story if you get a chance, weird mad shit.

Watching Midnight in Paris now, Owen Wilson already grating
                                      The New Girl (Trailer+Promo#2) - Extended One [HD]Hope you'll enjoy it :).

As for The New Girl its a comedy but doesn't have a laughter track thank god.

I really like Jim Caviezel and kinda dig the plot somewhat, have the first episode of American Horror Story downloaded just haven't gotten to it yet been reading it is suppose to be bananas.

Watched Homeland today looks very good 2nd episode tonight wanna see where it goes have really high hopes for it, one thing I did find a little crazy...

SPOILER
                                      the scene where Claire Danes character walks into the bathroom when she is getting ready and gives herself an aul whores bath was like made sense a little further into the episode but still think it was a little mad.
                                      Last edited by tylerdurden94; 09-10-11, 23:19.

Comment

What a way to break in your first post on the forum, post more Pat

Also how long did it take to do that?

Comment

I think 'The New Girl' is pretty bad but its Zooey Deschanel so of course I have kept watching in the hope they might turn it around. Decided I wasn't going to bother with anymore but reading today Lizzy Caplan (Party Down) is going to be coming into it next week. Sold for a few more episodes

Opr

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                I think 'The New Girl' is pretty bad but its Zooey Deschanel so of course I have kept watching in the hope they might turn it around. Decided I wasn't going to bother with anymore but reading today Lizzy Caplan (Party Down) is going to be coming into it next week. Sold for a few more episodes

Opr
                                                As I said the first episode was a little iffy I normally like her she is pretty wicked I might of given up on it but had the next 2 episodes downloaded so watched them and it did pick up somewhat.

Just read that story about Lizzy Caplan be interesting as she is also savage and was excellent in Party Down.

New Girl seems to be a hit for Fox in the states after the 2nd episode they added another 13 episodes to the original 11, was the first new show to get a full season pick up.

SPOILER
                                                Did kinda find it funny that they just wrote one black guy out of the show after the pilot and then replaced him with another black guy for a whole different character

Gonna try and keep to a new rule that if a show isn't very good and kinda starts to bug me even thou they have been showing new episodes I am just gonna stop downloading them, so far I have stopped watching Weeds and The Big Bang Theory.

Comment

I would pay Zooey Deschanel to punch me in the balls repeatedly while I peed into a bathtub.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                    I would pay Zooey Deschanel to punch me in the balls repeatedly while I peed into a bathtub.
                                                    I'd ratyher just shag her, but whatever floats your boat.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Future Plans

Buy a Forest.

Adopt 8 or so midget babies a year. Be the only non-midget around. Raise them to believe that I am their God.

Comment

Got me a stalker in the 9k game on iPoker. Keeps following me when I get moved tables, calling me a gipsy Turk and telling me to come to London cos he's a boxer and he'll fuck me up. Think I'll decline the invitation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                          Future Plans

Buy a Forest.

Adopt 8 or so midget babies a year. Be the only non-midget around. Raise them to believe that I am their God.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                              Got me a stalker in the 9k game on iPoker. Keeps following me when I get moved tables, calling me a gipsy Turk and telling me to come to London cos he's a boxer and he'll fuck me up. Think I'll decline the invitation.
                                                              tell him to ship you flight $$.

keep money.

Comment

Lol Pat, show up about 18 months late, obviously you've been practicing your QWOP'ing

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                  although this is far more likely to be you richie

Comment

Apparently in the 80s Wendys, the American fast food franchise, decided the best way to train and induct their staff was by writing and recording a series of songs with groovy beats, slick dance moves and instructional lyrics on how to cook and serve Wendys food. This is just inspired. It almost makes me wish I worked at Wendys...These are just quality, some decent tunes in there too

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                      The Always Sunny episode in Jersey Shore is fairly epic!
                                                                      Easliy one of the best episodes of already a great comedy.

Comment

Tell him your like Brad Pitts character in Snatch and that your on your way

Comment

This is from the Terra Nova TV show thread on boards. It's not really going to spoil much if you read it but put it in spoilers just in case. Show is terrible anyway and I can't see many people here watching it beyond the first few episodes.

Post is genius but guy surely need to cut down on the weed.

SPOILER

I'm part way through Ep1, but I'm so dismayed by what I've seen that I knew there'd be a thread on it here. I didn't know it was a Fox show, but that explains a few things. It's for a Fox audience: white, right-wing, socially conservative, "family values voters".

It starts in a future police state, where a 2-child policy is brutally-enforced ... but our heroes defy the law and have a third child, of course. Real Americans have large families, only "liberal intellectuals" worry about overpopulation. Then, when our police officer hero picks up the rucksack after escaping, it's full of $1000 bills: there must be over $1m in there. The suggestion is that there has been rampant inflation in the previous years. Guess whose face is on the money? That's right: President Obama, instead of the old Presidents. The implication is that he turned the future USA in to a banana republic, with hyperinflation, and put his own face on the money like some African dictator.

So I think the comparison to The Waltons is a good one ... it's a throwback to a more "white" era in US history.

Didn't like this show. It's a lot of the small details that annoy me. Terra Nova itself, for example, doesn't even look remotely secure.

Opr

Comment

Them Wendy's video are hilarious, I have always wanted to try food from there anybody from here ever have it?

Had In and Out Burger when I was in LA and that was pretty nice the burgers are delicious.

Comment

...

Comment

Them Wendy's video are hilarious, I have always wanted to try food from there anybody from here ever have it?

Had In and Out Burger when I was in LA and that was pretty nice the burgers are delicious.
                                                                                I prefered In And Out myself, I think I'm too much of a traditionalist, the squareness of Wendys burgers just never sat with me...They were pretty decent but there's better fast food burgers to have.
                                                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Wendy's is solid enough, not that special.

In and Out burgers is awesome though. So simple but so delicious.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

This is the wendys baconator

It's even nicer then it looks. And the "fires" are great as well. Wendys>McD's, burgerking etc

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                      I prefered In And Out myself, I think I'm too much of a traditionalist, the squareness of Wendys burgers just never sat with me...They were pretty decent but there's better fast food burgers to have.
                                                                                      Heh, Hurricane may have a point when he says we have the same opinions.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                        This is the wendys baconator

It's even nicer then it looks. And the "fires" are great as well. Wendys>McD's, burgerking etc
                                                                                        Bacon double cheese burger with a shit bap.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Bacon double cheese burger with a shit bap.
                                                                                          Meh. I loved it. Never tried In and out burger.

Comment

Wow, that was strangely mesmerising Sledge. I love how the old lad pronounced 'fashioned'.

Comment

They do good burgers there, Danny.
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

also, UFC 136 was epic.

Melvin Guillard came in cocky as hell and Luason rocked and subbed him. Total clown, he jsut blew a title shot.
                                                                                                Garcia and Pham had a second Fight of the night.
                                                                                                Cheal Sonnen calling out Silva was brillant. That guy is the king of fight promo
                                                                                                Florian put it up to Aldo, Aldo is number 1 pound for pound god, but Florian was his toughest fight yet.

And Frankie Edgar 3 was one of the best fights I've seen. Frankie just doesn't stop, he doesn't know how to quit and his recovery rate is excellant. And to top it all, he's 145 cleaning out the 155 division

Comment

Pretty funny that you'd say that.
                                                                                                  You of course won't get the joke.

Comment

whats the story with Lazere, he is never around anymore
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Just reading their Wiki page

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                        Pretty funny that you'd say that.
                                                                                                        You of course won't get the joke.
                                                                                                        Huh

Comment

Just a vid for the song i like. Not really a music video by Gnarls Barkley. More like a semi-music video with a meaning. This took me a little more than 3 ho...
                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

While we're on the topic of American fast food outlets, Panda Express do sublime Chinese food, better on the West Coast for some reason though. Their orange chicken is ridic addictive.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                              Apparently in the 80s Wendys, the American fast food franchise, decided the best way to train and induct their staff was by writing and recording a series of songs with groovy beats, slick dance moves and instructional lyrics on how to cook and serve Wendys food. This is just inspired. It almost makes me wish I worked at Wendys...These are just quality, some decent tunes in there too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1rEgpGD1zU
                                                                                                              That was strangely mesmorizing.

Comment

Would it be worth searching for the new breaking bad yet? It aired at 10 in the US

Comment

Fucking starving now!

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                                    Would it be worth searching for the new breaking bad yet? It aired at 10 in the US
                                                                                                                    It airs first at 2am our time so won't be available till at the earliest here around 4am.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                                      It's not even 10 in the US yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                        It airs first at 2am our time so won't be available till at the earliest here around 4am.

Opr
                                                                                                                        It's not even 10 in the US yet.
                                                                                                                        Lol the awkward moment when you forget time differences exist.
                                                                                                                        Cheers

Comment

Huh
                                                                                                                          Ah was just joking about.
                                                                                                                          It's mentioned a lot in The Big Lebowski, that film was pretty much the reason I went there the first time. I'm assumign that you still ahven't seen it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X