Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no matter how much England lose by, no matter how much they get humiliated it wont be enough (depression stage)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      I think we are all gong through this right now. its the 5 stages of coping

Iv already been through Denial (I thought we still could pull it out of the fire with 10 mins left)
      Anger is subsiding somewhat
      Now entering bargaining - I think the pain will go away f England get destroyed
      Depressed, totally. But I'm saving my anger for training later...someone is getting smashed

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        France will be utterly invincible. Magnificent blue giants after a bunch of terrible performances. Rugby is truly a game of national stereotypes.
        Yep.
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Hairydonkey is my favourite rugby player he should be cloned hes a beast

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
            French back row is awesome.

France bring on an outhalf that loves winning games with a big pack. here comes the hurt

edit: step 1 of the hustle complete. Allez les Bleus

Comment

Could turn into a classic here

Comment

England just really don't like playing the ball wide fast.
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                  England just really don't like playing the ball wide fast.
                  fyp

Kick of the competition from Trin-Duc there

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                    Think Dusautoir is a brilliant player aswell.

Comment

Flushdraw said exactly what I wanted to say

Comment

What one syllable 3 letter word becomes a three syllable word by adding one letter to the end

Comment

FFS don't do this

Comment

lol at Flood rushing the kick

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                              What one syllable 3 letter word becomes a three syllable word by adding one letter to the end
                              Tea

Tea? = Yes please thanks
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

SPOILER
                                Are Area...

I think I used to know another answer for this as well but I can't remember it.
                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-10-11, 09:26.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tea

Tea? = Yes please thanks
                                  nope

Comment

Anyone who took the overs on the number of times the ball would hit the posts in this competition can retire now... extraordinary the amount of times its happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      nope
                                      Meh, my attempts at comedy are hit and miss.
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Yeah this. Who gives a fuck it people jump on the bandwagon when it's your own country. Bar maybe Kev and RDIII no-one else gave a shit about cricket, but i'm sure i wasn't the only person to watch and cheer on Ireland during the WC. How many tuned in to watch Conor Niland take on Djokovic in the US Open?

You don't have to follow a sport inside out to want to cheer on your country when they're on the big stage. If Ireland qualify for the Table Tennis World Team Championships (if there is such a thing) i'll be watching it and cheering them on despite not giving a shit about them before. Expect to see lots of Ireland football bandwagon supporters if we make the playoffs and qualify for the Euros, but i won't be losing any sleep over it.
                                        I agree with this because of course I'm as guilty as the next person of following any kind of glory I can attach myself to. But there's a very different element that you're missing out on, the average bandwagonner doesn't get in your face with opinions presented as facts based on no logic process. Now that the "dream" is over, these kind of posts disappear.
                                        SPOILER

Kidney will be in with a great shout for getting the Lions job when it becomes available. The man is a master tactician. Gets the win when it matters - sport is all about results based thinking and he gets results

Right, France through, time to go try find a new flat.

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                          Bring on the Welsh!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                            Bring on the Welsh!!!!
                                            Has the potential to be the game of the tournament.

Comment

Tea

Tea? = Yes please thanks
                                              Meh, my attempts at comedy are hit and miss.
                                              I've no idea what your on about here tbh

SPOILER
                                              Are Area...

I think I used to know another answer for this as well but I can't remember it.
                                              Winnar

Comment

Steve Ryder is some company man on ITV. At least Dellaglio regconises that the whole of English rugby is in trouble. Also, Lievremont is a genius to get a performance out of France

Comment

i just hope they build on that rather than go back into their shell. it definitely is going to be a fast and furious game. if wales scores early France's fragile mental might be their downfall, otherwise, all to play for.

Comment

This world cup is getting better and better. Great atmosphere at the games, more competitive group games between the 2nd and 3rd group seeds and 3 quarter finals that were/are too close to call. Some mouth watering matches to come.
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I've no idea what your on about here tbh
                                                      Long may this continue.
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Surprised how much the Irish game tilted me, although this could be exaggerated by ridic tiredness. Wales France should be a great spectacle.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                          I know if Dublin won the AI next year, no matter how emphatically they won it, the experience would not be comparable on any level to last year. The pain and the disappointment and the struggle to drag yourself back year after year with nothing but vain hope and a single wish that this will be our year, this is the time when we don't mess it up.

There is no joy like following a team starved of success that eventually makes the breakthrough. None even close.
                                                          This is the reason I didn't mind Dublin winning the AI this year. It would just be another win for Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            tilt steaming into Wading in the 4.25 @ 5/1 and Perenial in the 5.00 @ 9/2.
                                                            What meeting?

Comment

I should drink beer more often, I usually buy desperados. but when i was in the off-license yesterday I spotted Sombrero beer, its the exact same but in a can, 5.9 % and 4 cans for 6 quid

drank 5 cans was fairly well on, but absolutely no hangover at all this morning.
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Pretenders again. Not as disappointed as I thought I'd be, because they were so bad and have no business still being in the tournament after being outclassed by so much.

Also, whoever said O'Driscoll played bad, wtf? He made some monster tackles, great passes, worked like a Trojan around the breakdown and was one of the few who were 'on' today.

Comment

as much as it pains me,the better team won on the day,the irish lads had 14 missed tackles,and 13 errors and you just wont get away with that at this level.as for the lads packing it in,THEY OWE US FUCKALLin fact its the irish public that owes it to them.not sure when they will go from the game but when i think of the triple crowns,grand slam,the h/c and magners/pro12 that have come irelands way over the years,top class stuff!even not sleeping well last night,,as for wales,best of luck to ye,hope ye knock the shit outta france
                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

that/this all nighter starting to take its toll.....getting too old for that/this shite

preparing ingredients for chicken pie to cook later ....might find a job in attic to do after , prob take me a few hrs

but..

"was sorting out old papers and documents dear that was why it was quiet"

"no i wasn't sawing anything"

"no idea how that paperclip got stuck to my face"

"No NO, No need to check , you wouldnt understand it"

"YES YES I'll do the shopping now"

What day is it anyhow?

Comment

I hate the idiot that schedules classes on a Saturday

Comment

Just found an injured pigeon on my door step, what do I do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                                          Drop goal?

Comment

Was thinking along those lines Tony + Wheelie bin, the small girl has seen it now so that's out

Comment

Now now Tony, If you had suggested that action with a cat we may have repeated history.
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

This happened to me a few weeks ago. Was at the weekend aswell so tried ting ISPCA but only could leave a message. Was plagued by guilt for days afterwards.

Comment

Find another then

Pigeon pie

Ingredients

8 oz of shortcrust pastry

Two plump pigeons

¼ lb bacon

¼ lb mushrooms

1 onion

½ pint stock

1 oz butter

salt and pepper

Tablespoon of flour

A pinch of gravy salt

Method

Place the pigeons in a pan, cover with a pint of water, season with salt and pepper and simmer for an hour and a half. Save water.

Place pigeons in pie dish,

Slice onion and mushrooms, cut up bacon and fry them together in the butter.

Add them to the pigeon in the pie dish.

If you are using meat of the pigeon only, use ½ a pint of the water that the pigeons were cooked in to make the stock by adding a chicken stock cube, then thicken with tablespoon of flour, add a pinch gravy salt, to colour and pour over the pigeons. (If you have cooked the pigeons complete with bones, simply miss out the stock cube, strain, and use ½ a pint as your stock).

Add stock to the pigeons.

Cover with pastry and bake the pie for thirty minutes at, gas 6, 400°F, 200°C.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1595951

Comment

Babyhawk finding a baby pigeon........... I think you know what to do

Comment

The Situation has a friend called The Unit excellent stuff

Comment

some fucking bastard robbed mia's flicker from out side the house last night, she said she would know it if she saw it as she took the red sticker off the handlebar, but if i walk up to the back of the estate later, how am i going to prove anything

Poor child she is crying non stop looking for it!
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                          Babyhawk finding a baby pigeon........... I think you know what to do
                                                                                          Nom Nom Nom

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                            some fucking bastard robbed mia's flicker from out side the house last night, she said she would know it if she saw it as she took the red sticker off the handlebar, but if i walk up to the back of the estate later, how am i going to prove anything

What is a flicker?

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post

Whats down the back of the estate?

Comment

Please do not read if you are easily offended, its a joke. Sorry to the post nazis if its been posted already.

SPOILER
                                                                                                Whats black and hangs out of young girls knickers?

SPOILER
                                                                                                Kevin Websters moustache

Comment

Corbett was groomed by Webster, he will not be happy with that joke

Comment

Lol sport.

@Babyhawk,tell the child your bringing it to the "pigeon hospital",then dispatch it.I suggest knocking it down with the car.
                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      OK children, bed-time.
                                                                                                      We've an early start in the morning so would the last one here make sure the threads locked, the lights are off and the cats out.
                                                                                                      Rashers and Sausages at 5.45am.
                                                                                                      20 minutes after posting this I'm lying on the couch watching the darts and drifting off to sleep with a can of beer. Then get a text asking why I hadn't turned up for my mates 40th birthday, especially after doing some of the minor organisation, sending the invites etc.
                                                                                                      Because it's not until Saturday 7th obviously, I've my best (only) shirt in the washing machine now, going to head out to get a present after the rugby in the morning, treat myself to first shave since Tuesday. I'm all super organised about this party.

Except just as I send this reply I get that sinking feeling, check the calendar, oh fcuk fcuk fcuk you complete and utter spanner. Cue mad dash to find something to wear, out onto street to hail taxi, into town, moshing to Madness and the Jam, niteclub, home at 4. Set alarm for 6 but record games anyway. Sleep through til 11 obviously, watch Irelands defeat.
                                                                                                      Decide to read this thread until the 8am posts to see the reaction, then watch England/France with aforementioned sausages and rashers. Immediately know result of game because of stupid thread title. fml.

tldr : Long series of first world problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                        What is a flicker?

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        Whats down the back of the estate?

We live at the front of an estate, 8 houses where i live, if you come out of where i live there are 160 houses up the back
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

20 minutes after posting this I'm lying on the couch watching the darts and drifting off to sleep with a can of beer. Then get a text asking why I hadn't turned up for my mates 40th birthday, especially after doing some of the minor organisation, sending the invites etc.
                                                                                                          Because it's not until Saturday 7th obviously, I've my best (only) shirt in the washing machine now, going to head out to get a present after the rugby in the morning, treat myself to first shave since Tuesday. I'm all super organised about this party.

Except just as I send this reply I get that sinking feeling, check the calendar, oh fcuk fcuk fcuk you complete and utter spanner. Cue mad dash to find something to wear, out onto street to hail taxi, into town, moshing to Madness and the Jam, niteclub, home at 4. Set alarm for 6 but record games anyway. Sleep through til 11 obviously, watch Irelands defeat.
                                                                                                          Decide to read this thread until the 8am posts to see the reaction, then watch England/France with aforementioned sausages and rashers. Immediately know result of game because of stupid thread title. fml.

tldr : Long series of first world problems.
                                                                                                          Thread title was prior to the game so should be no clues there

Comment

@MSN,I'm searching for your bike on Google Streetview at the moment.
                                                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                              Thread title was prior to the game so should be no clues there
                                                                                                              Ach, he'd have changed it to 'Come on Argentina' or something if France lost.
                                                                                                              No big deal anyway, fairly sure don't have stomach for it and switching on internet is always a big risk.
                                                                                                              Just seen France won, all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                @MSN,I'm searching for your bike on Google Streetview at the moment.
                                                                                                                lol let me know if you spot anything suspicious
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Prob ok prices for 10 and 12 year old cars.
                                                                                                                  1.8 petrol, higher insurance rate (is this important factor in your case?) Higher fuel consumption, altho ofset by the vvt engine.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Plus the other one only has a cassette player.
                                                                                                                  The 1.8 will do better MPG than the 1.6 in Emmets post. I've had both. With that 1.8 in my celica I would average 30MPG around town. The 1.6 in the previous would do well to average 26MPG around town and often worse.

Granted the T-sport will be in a higher insurance bracket but it shouldn't be that much of an issue. However you are also buying a car that's a generation newer with all the safety improvements that come with that (and the 1.4 is crap so dont buy that )
                                                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Immediately know result of game because of stupid thread title. fml.

.
                                                                                                                    Thread title was changed to that before the England-France game started.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                      The 1.8 will do better MPG than the 1.6 in Emmets post. I've had both. With that 1.8 in my celica I would average 30MPG around town. The 1.6 in the previous would do well to average 26MPG around town and often worse.

Granted the T-sport will be in a higher insurance bracket but it shouldn't be that much of an issue. However you are also buying a car that's a generation newer with all the safety improvements that come with that (and the 1.4 is crap so dont buy that )
                                                                                                                      toyota's pretty much bulletproof though yeah? wont end up costing me much in the way of maintenance?

difference between the two in insurance is about 40%, but possibly worth it if the car manages to hold more value and is a better drive / more reliable etc. if you were looking for something in that range of cars is the corolla pretty much the boss of the 2nd hand market in terms of reliability etc?

cheers

Comment

now what do we do?

Comment

now what do we do?
                                                                                                                          Fkn bored shitless, no decent sport, no decent poker

almost contemplating going to make jam with the wife & her aunt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X