X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol France

Originally posted by RTE.ie
    French schoolchildren riot over holiday rumour

Several hundred French schoolchildren went on the rampage this morning after false rumours spread that President Nicolas Sarkozy's government wants to take away a large slice of their school holidays.
    Protests that began in northern France spread to the capital's outskirts, where dozens of secondary level children rioted, damaging around 10 cars by turning them on their side or smashing their windows, police said.

Staff at the Jean-Moulin high school in Le Chesnay, near the Chateau of Versailles, where revolutionaries marched against France's absolute monarchy in 1789, said children were refusing to return to class.
    We've made a blockade because President Sarkozy wants to take a month's holiday away from us and that's why we've revolted," a 15-year-old schoolgirl told AFP, asking not to be named.
    She admitted that it was "disgusting that people's cars got smashed up."

"This is gratuitous, they don't know what they're doing," said an angry woman in her 50s upon seeing her damaged car, also requesting anonymity.

Several hundred schoolchildren protested in northern French cities this morning, local education officials said. Around 500 high-school students protests in Douai and another 500 in Lens, damaging property, police said.
    "We can't make head or tail of it. We don't know how the rumour started," said a local education official, who asked not to be named, slamming what he called "orchestrated disinformation."

The official said the rumour was "spreading like wildfire" via SMS text message and Facebook.

The protests apparently kicked off in the northern town of Lens, where around 200 people demonstrated on Thursday, after which police were told to deal firmly with the protests which were described as "unstructured".

Several hundred pupils demonstrated in other towns today, including the port of Dunkirk, and tried to block access to schools.

A steering committee on school holidays has in fact suggested cutting summer holidays by two weeks and increasing the autumn half-term holiday by a week, although no decision has yet been taken.
    Education Minister Luc Chatel said in July that he wanted to hold talks with teachers' unions ahead of announcing measures later this year that could come into effect as early as the end of summer holidays in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      New owners are keeping FTP brand and re-launching by Jan 2012.
      Is this good for the Pocket Kings guys? Hopefully so

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        The French don't need to keep anything in Ireland in the way the yanks did.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
          Im in. Oh Raoul I came 4th in the end. Sick enough. Some shady goings on in the Fitz after sleeping on it!
          I have possibly the best soccer question I've ever come up with for you on Sunday. Genuine classic.
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Is Sunday the SE Monthly game? I think I'll head in and try and complete the hat trick if so
            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
              I have possibly the best soccer question I've ever come up with for you on Sunday. Genuine classic.
              I genuinely love your poker table trivia

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                I genuinely love your poker table trivia
                Sure ya do...

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                  Is Sunday the SE Monthly game? I think I'll head in and try and complete the hat trick if so
                  It is, stay away

Comment

On a bit of a Darron Aronofsky film binge last few days. Never seen this, worth watching?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/
                    Last edited by The Situation; 30-09-11, 17:27.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Not really sure what their plan is.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                        If anyone has any knowledge on the following it'd be appreciated (also just writing it down to get it straight in my head)

Got the last of my redundancy money today and signed all the forms etc so my former employer can claim back some of the money and all that jazz. There is only 2 of them left now and one is getting married next week, so they want me to come in til end of Oct to cover his leave and it is also likely that if they get a tender in mid-Oct I'll be working up until Christmas.

So, as I understand it I can not be re-employed by the same company (if thats a word) due to being made redundant earlier this year, I think there is a 12 month time period for this. I've been asked to come back as kind of a 'consultant' and would have to invoice them at the end of the period to get paid. I have a few questions on this...
                        1. I am not set up as a business/company, can I invoice them without doing this, do I need to get a tax number?
                        2. If the subsequent 2 month contract arrives I will only get paid when the company does, it is work for some of the Local Authorities so should be paid on time, at start of January so will essentially be working but not paid for some time. Does anyone know what the situation would be with claiming the dole until then? I think I read before (trying to find now) details about getting back to emplyment and then declaring earnings at the end of the year and then this can be sorted with the welfare?
                        Cheers for any advice on above
                        Going by the book, you would not be entitled to Job Seekers, the hint is in the name

It really all depends on what goes through revenue, that is how the dept know if you are working and claiming, and they only know when you sign off and go to claim again if the situation arrises.

Terrible system, in this day and age there is no handshake between revenue and social welfare, you could start a claim and a week later pay PAYE and they dont know till you sign off and then on again when they check if you have enough stamps.

I wont tell you work away and claim, that would be welfare fraud, but if you did, try and get cash in hand for the "consultancy" work.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          On a bit of a Darron Aronofsky film binge last few days. Never seen this, worth watching?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/
                          Considering the Draft is on now and its on my list... Its one of my favourite films of all time, pure madness. Arronofsky fanboy tho

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            I wont tell you work away and claim, that would be welfare fraud, but if you did, try and get cash in hand for the "consultancy" work.
                            Yeah that's the thing, I dont want to do this but as basically wont have an income for a few months despite working its worrying me. I think I'll go to the local Employment Centre on Monday to see their view on it or if they can give me direction on it. I will obviously tell them I'm joey joe joe junior shabadoo in case they piut a mark beside my name in the book

Comment

Yeah that's the thing, I dont want to do this but as basically wont have an income for a few months despite working its worrying me. I think I'll go to the local Employment Centre on Monday to see their view on it or if they can give me direction on it. I will obviously tell them I'm joey joe joe junior shabadoo in case they piut a mark beside my name in the book
                              Too late, my missus works in welfare, she is on the lookout for a bloke called ghostface...
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                If anyone's seen Tommy Wiseau's masterpiece "The Room", they've made an inspired point and click adventure flash game of it here - it's awesome! If you've not seen it then the true extent of it's genius will be totally lost on you, but it's an absolute must watch
                                'The Room has been cited by some critics as one of the worst films ever made,[3][4] and has been called "the Citizen Kane of bad movies."'

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

One of my favourite scenes.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                  eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                    4 minutes to about 6 minutes is all of us culchies

The guy who wanted to be quoted that they are all a "pain in the hole" and "get off my land" is in my class in 4th year and is from Wicklow. That house is opur main party house lol

It's war down there at the moment. There's supposedly guys coming down from Dublin next week to "sort us out." You can't go outside the door past 10pm without getting surrounded by a swarm of residents threatening you, questioning you and stuff.

Its not that bad tho. Parts of the estate should be kicked out obviously but we're not the worst. None of us have ever arrested or nothing as drunk as we have been
                                    Ye are some bunch of halfwits out there.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    I just bought a telescope. What am I at.
                                    Uranus is big.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Is the 'Save the Blaa' campaign just a September thing?
                                    I think we've done our bit and it would be a mistake to carry it on into October.
                                    I think you've all done a highly commendable job and I release you from any further commitments.Thank you all, friends.
                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Did you hear about the fat, alcoholic transvestite - All he wanted to do was eat, drink and be Mary.
                                      ------------------------------
                                      What really happened when Elton John and David Furnish decided to have a baby.

They had their sperm mixed together and had a surrogate mother artificially inseminated with it. When the baby was born Elton and David were waiting at the hospital. They were ushered into a ward where a dozen babies were lying in their cots, eleven of whom were crying and screaming. Over in the corner, one baby was smiling serenely. A nurse came over to both of them and indicated that the happy child was theirs.

"Isn't it wonderful?" Elton said to David. "All these unhappy babies .... and yet our baby is so happy. This just proves the superiority of gay love!"

The nurse said, "Oh sure, he's happy now, but just watch what happens when I pull the thermometer out of his butt!"
                                      ---------------------------------
                                      Just got back from competing in the 2011 world erection championships in Stockholm, did better than I expected I reached the semi's

----------------------------------

A little old lady, well into her eighties, slowly enters the front
                                      door of a sex shop.

Obviously very unstable on her feet, she wobbles the few feet across
                                      the store to the counter.

Finally arriving at the counter and grabbing it for support,
                                      stuttering she ask the sales clerk,

"Dooo youuuu have dilllldosss?"

The clerk, politely trying not to burst out laughing, replies, "Yes
                                      we do have dildos.

Actually we carry many different models."

The old woman then asks: "Doooo youuuu carrryy aaa pppinkk onnee,
                                      tttenn inchessss lllong aaandd aabboutt ttwoo inchesss
                                      ththiickk...aaand rrunns by bbaatteries ?"

The clerk responds, "Yes we do.."

"Ddddooo yyoooouuuu kknnnoooww hhhowww tttooo ttturrrnnn iittt offfff?"

--------------------------------------------

SCOTTISH COMPASSION

A man was sitting on a blanket at the beach. He had no arms and no legs.

Three women, from England, Wales, and Scotland, were walking past and felt sorry for the poor man.

The English woman said, 'Have you ever had a hug?' The man said, 'No,' so she gave him a hug and walked on.

The Welsh woman said, 'Have you ever had a kiss?' The man said, 'No,' so she gave him a kiss and walked on.

The Scottish woman came to him and said, 'ave ya ever been fooked laddie?'
                                      The man broke into a big smile and said, ‘no’.
                                      She said, 'Aye - Ya will be when the tide comes in'.

Comment

Going by the book, you would not be entitled to Job Seekers, the hint is in the name

It really all depends on what goes through revenue, that is how the dept know if you are working and claiming, and they only know when you sign off and go to claim again if the situation arrises.

Terrible system, in this day and age there is no handshake between revenue and social welfare, you could start a claim and a week later pay PAYE and they dont know till you sign off and then on again when they check if you have enough stamps.

It seems that I can still claim the "jobseeker's allowance" and then when my short term contract with the employer is finished I declare what I have earned and this is deducted from subsequent payments from the welfare. Seems an odd system but will check on Monday. I suppose if that is the case and it does in fact turn back to a full time job that I hope it does I would just repay the money, seems way to easy to manipulate if you were a devious little bollox tho.

Too late, my missus works in welfare, she is on the lookout for a bloke called ghostface...
                                        Damn it, time to change by deed poll again!

Comment

Just got FIFA 12 today, it's unbelievable how realistic it is!
                                          I was Man City and tried to substitute Carlos Tevez on. He told me to fuck off !

Comment

An Idiot Abroad 2 is the nuts.

Comment

little boy asked his dad,"What's in between mommy's legs?" The dad said,"A door and I have the key to it." Little boy said,"Well your friend has the spare key"

---------------------------------------------------

Little Johnny goes into school after being absent the previous day,
                                              hs teacher demands, "where were you yesterday? "I"m sorry Miss, my dad got burnt," replies Johnny."Oh, I"m sorry,I hope it wasn"t serious," says the teacher.To which Johnny replies, "well, they don"t fuck about at the crematorium."

----------------------------------------------------

A bloke in a night club sees a big ugly girl at the bar. He walks up to her and asks...
                                              "have you got a pen?"
                                              she looks up, smiles and excitedly says, "yes!".
                                              "Well"
                                              the bloke says, "you better **** off back to it then before the Farmer notices you're missing".

/badjokes

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                An Idiot Abroad 2 is the nuts.
                                                Magnet Man and Magnet Kids lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  On a similar theme but with the Bogs and that Gaza Strip clip from that Fool Flanagan last night:

LOL at the imbecile in the report whinging about how it was only costing her 300 a year for her turf while turning down €1000 a year compensation.

The 300 its costing her doesn't include all the labour and diesel she uses. She could easily have that delivered for less than 700 and pocket the balance or if she's so attached to the hardship involved she can take an alternative plot instead of the money.
                                                  I wish Deenihan and the rest of them weren't hiding behind the Europe is making us do this bullshit and were more proactive in pushing the 'This is a small thing we are doing and a good thing' line.

Did I post this already? An assclown* down near me put up a couple of these :

My plan is to retaliate by either defacing his signs or attaching another one.
                                                  At first I was thinking of the more direct
                                                  "FUCK OFF you fool ! Saving a tiny part of our natural landscape in return for an alternative site or €1000 a year is nothing like the 1893 you fucking illiterate imbecile.

The Illiterate bit was to go with a different sign where he spelt 'Piece' 'Peace'

But instead I'll probably go for the more prosaic :
                                                  Save our Boglands- Take the Soup

*Said Assclown is a relation of an IPB'er but I wouldn't shame someone who we all hope will be heading the UKIPT leaderboard this weekend with the association
                                                  Not a relation of mine anyway... but I know of said Assclown
                                                  Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Friday nights InnerVisions From 7pm (GMT) "Back To The Oldskool"

LISTEN HERE - Some Rave/House Tunes from 1992+

Comment

Goodfellas on ITV4 in 9 mins, to watch again for the umpteenth time

Comment

Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry shares a few poignant thoughts via some very Bad Lip Reading. Original video here: http://youtu.be/0JQ8zF_nK1QCNN ...

Genius!
                                                        Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

If Carlos Tevez didnt want to play in Europe he should have signed for Liverpool

Comment

Late late is fun at the moment
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

actually this is the worst 'debate' ever

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  finance drive imo

Comment

finance drive imo
                                                                    Hmmm... de ja vu.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                      'The Room has been cited by some critics as one of the worst films ever made,[3][4] and has been called "the Citizen Kane of bad movies."'

Big claims, but the film very much backs it up. I find it very, VERY hard to believe there's another film in existence that comes even close to The Room for sheer terribleness with a 7 figure budget (it actually cost around 6m to make ). It's an oddly fascinating watch though, and unintentionally absolutely brilliantly entertaining. Written by, directed by, produced by, edited by and starring the unique Tommy Wiseau. Well worth watching just for the constant feeling of "seriously...how the fuck was this ever made..."

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                                                                      One of my favourite scenes.
                                                                      They're all gems

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

One of The Oscars more shameless snubs, imo.
                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Late late is fun at the moment
                                                                        What colour is Norris tie? Iirc red was 4/1 and pink was 20/1. Looks like a photo finish to me
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                              What colour is Norris tie? Iirc red was 4/1 and pink was 20/1. Looks like a photo finish to me
                                                                              purple blue

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                okay, Dana upgraded from weirdo to dangerous weirdo
                                                                                She's always been a dangerous weirdo.

Quote of the night:

"I'm not a mouthpiece for anyone...except myself and the people of Ireland"

Comment

That's purple and blue stripes surely?
                                                                                  The market was only for the predominant colour. So Purple wins?

Comment

...

Comment

I want to send Dana my copy of the Constitution so she can protect it for me.

Comment

...

Comment

Should the 7 of them not just have a SnG for the job?

Comment

Such a pity that Michael D is 4/7 to win. Thought he might be evens and was going to lump on. He's nailed on for the job and it isn't even close.
                                                                                            4/7 is still a great price for a percieved lock surely?
                                                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Ah, fuck... Missed Jedward! Can't believe I sat through all that debate for nothing!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  SR booked, looks nice

even though they don't know it, those dudes getting made redundant today owe a few people on here quite a lot of thanks (and money) for their help in advising on the redundancy negotiations in here

so thanks to 5star, KevIRL and V for Vendetta (from people you don't know and probably never will ). The BBV wins again.
                                                                                                  The workers will never be defeated!
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Such a pity that Michael D is 4/7 to win. Thought he might be evens and was going to lump on. He's nailed on for the job and it isn't even close.
                                                                                                    Yup. Looks like it's not even close. If I had some money resting in an account 4/7 seems reasonable. Also fairly certain he doesn't have any skeletons in the cupboard that the Sindo might pick up on.

Comment

Debate ... pffff.... I was looking forward to all hell breaking loose in a 7 way debate...

Instead I got a load of predetermined questions and a load of learned and practiced answers that rarely had anything to do with the question..

Dana was the entertainment for me and have to admire Norris' enthusiasm
                                                                                                      Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                                                                                        and have to admire Norris' enthusiasm
                                                                                                        Wish he'd learn that he's not in a lecture hall, or the senate, and that he doesn't have to shout in order to be heard.

Longtime fan. Really disappointed with every second I've seen of him in the last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                                                                                          Debate ... pffff.... I was looking forward to all hell breaking loose in a 7 way debate...
                                                                                                          This will never happen. They're all terrified of each other.

Comment

seriously thinking that.
                                                                                                            The term 'lock' makes the price irrelevant really, it's free money for anyone who's thinking this way.

You seem to be hesitant at the price which leads me to believe that you're not so sure, which is no crime btw.

I didn't watch the latelate but from my limited understanding of the media coverage so far Michael D has been the nut strategest so far and seems like a good bet, the madness of the man with the letters can't be ruled out though for an outside punt.
                                                                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post

This movie is just..... utter brilliance! Read up the entire story behind it, and how much money was invested - one of the sickest stories I have ever heard!
                                                                                                                It is actually a must see
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

itm on paddys 2k added. first hand after bubble. a raise i ship with AK he has kk. arghh
                                                                                                                  6k left blinds 5/1k. next hand AK again. raise for 2.8k allin 2 callers to me i ship the loot, flop 10108 2 players allin qj kj q on turn boom.
                                                                                                                  http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

stoke is class

here
                                                                                                                    nsfw

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      That's not Stoke
                                                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                        That's not Stoke
                                                                                                                        who cares id stoke her fire
                                                                                                                        http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Was looking for this for ages

enjoy this classic! all clips are from the 60's tv show the man from U.N.C.L.E. TOO MANY VIEWS YOUTUBE shut down the audio check out a copy at :https://www.y...

(Should be the Pokerstars anthem IMO)
                                                                                                                          One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X