X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL_CAMPBELL View Post
    quick question regarding vip status on pokerstars,

I'm being told I need to earn x amount of vpp by 30th September 2011, in order to achieve silver status, does anyone know from experience do they mean the beginning of the 30th or the end of the 30th? I would assume the end but I'd like to confirm it as it'd be pretty annoying if i didn't play til tomorrow and then discovered it was too late.
    Its the end of the day up to midnight. If you miss it by a few points and then get it few hours later send a nice email to Stars and support will probably put it through. They're sound like that.
    Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
      Its the end of the day up to midnight. If you miss it by a few points and then get it few hours later send a nice email to Stars and support will probably put it through. They're sound like that.
      Fairly sure its midnight Eastern Time, 5am our time.
      Thats the way its always been for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        Was just looking at buying a few of the books on my Amazon wishlist. A lot of them are available very cheap second hand, but you seem to get charged P&P at a flat rate per book regardless of how many books you purchase from the same "shop".

Is this standard or anyone recommend somewhere else where I might do better?
        Play.com's second hand traders are getting better and better and there's no p+p.I usually browse the book on Amazon,then buy it on play or bookdepository (also free p+p).

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
        QQ

Plain drinking glasses are getting a smokey colour, obviously happening from the dishwash.
        Anyone know (1) How to prevent & (2) How to remove

thank you
        I don't think you can stop it,dishwashers are fairly hard on glasses.If they're glasses you're attached to,wash'em by hand imo.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I would say someone hit bingo in the Uefa cup tonight. All 24 games over 1.5 goals would have been a nice return.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Waterford students doing themselves proud

http://www.wlrfm.com/wlrfm-podcasts/...ark-power.html
            Oh dear,none of the culprits sound like they're from Waterford though.

12:00 on is gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
              Oh dear,none of the culprits sound like they're from Waterford though.

12:00 on is gold.
              Yep, lot of Wexford sound coming from them.

Comment

Yep, lot of Wexford sound coming from them.
                Probably a couple of finkel's taxis aswell.

Comment

Opr

Comment

All culchies sound the same, animals!
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                      Put an Irishman on a spit and you'll always find another one to turn him.

Comment

quick question? Can I set up a private tourney on stars? If not where can I set one up? pro just a Sng or something..
                        Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Anyone here have AIB online banking able to swap 150 euro for 175 euro worth on stars? Value.Going to berlin in the morn have no reddies-literally bought an Indian takeaway on credit. Asap needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                            quick question? Can I set up a private tourney on stars? If not where can I set one up? pro just a Sng or something..

Not sure bout stars bt i know u can on 888poker. i was looking about just b4 they booted me for multi accounting.
                            http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                              Anyone here have AIB online banking able to swap 150 euro for 175 euro worth on stars? Value.Going to berlin in the morn have no reddies-literally bought an Indian takeaway on credit. Asap needed.
                              if there is 150 in my AIB account its your .. but will only accept 150 on stars
                              let me go check... good chance that account is busto though
                              Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Ha top class. Thanks jesus i dont live below.
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                  Genetically speaking, I'm surprised that Dubs can speak at all, seeing as ye spent 800 years with the English cock in your mouths

Comment

Home Games on the main tab.

Comment

Little handy tip for Windows 7 users.

Create a folder on your desktop and rename it GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Gives you loads of options in the one place.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                        160 euro in that account.. your welcome it for straight swap on stars.. skype me on macspower1 if your on
                                        Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

160 euro in that account.. your welcome it for straight swap on stars.. skype me on macspower1 if your on
                                          Sweetness. Check you pms and give me a buzz yo or ship me your number and ill ring ya!!! Need your email to add you on skype.

Comment

How ya Paul and fishing as in angling?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post

Create a folder on your desktop and rename it GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

I don't understand.
                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                I don't understand.
                                                This explains it better.

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

Comment

Just seen tonight who the Stig is, i'm probably way behind the times, but always figured it was him/she,

Comment

thats cool TY
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Fair dues Macspower-seemless swapage and a good natter for good measure. Forgot to tell ya those are genuine lucky dollars!

Comment

Stolen from YLYL

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Nothing really special tbh

Comment

This is the absolute key point. Armed conflict threw talented and committed men to the fore (killed a lot of them too mind), and completely changed the face of our political leadership. Instead of a compromising Irish Parliamentary Party political legacy, we were left with a much clearer vision.
                                                            While I accept that this is one possible interpretation it is, if you ask me, a poor one.

First of all you classify the IPP as "compromising" when the Sinn Fein party that negotiated the Treaty compromised just as much and even "clear vision" De Valera and the anti-Treatyites eventually found ways to square their "vision" with the desire to be in power and actually do something. When they got there they found a situation broadly similar to that offered by Home Rule. Just as I cannot say that anything would have happened without De Valera you cannot, in turn, say that the young class of political activists like De Valera, Brugha, Hyde and Collins wouldn't have come to the fore and sought democratic means of establishing a Republic regardless of whether it was in a Free State or a Home Rule state.
                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                                                              Stealing posts by Mrs Flushdraw. That's gonna work out well
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                How ya Paul and fishing as in angling?
                                                                The fishing is going well as I am now playing on some of the lesser known sites and although I'm only playing a few k hands a month my winrate is gone through the roof

As for the angling Lets just say I enjoy it... Actually got second in a comp last weekend for some nice shippage Was going really well on the barrow for a while where I was constantly feeding a spot and hauling shoals of mental hybrids.. but havn't got the time for it now bwtween playing music at the weekends and working all week..

any news with you?
                                                                Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Just finished Season 4 of The Wire. That was an unspeakably good piece of entertainment. Engrossing from start to finish.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                    While I accept that this is one possible interpretation it is, if you ask me, a poor one.

First of all you classify the IPP as "compromising" when the Sinn Fein party that negotiated the Treaty compromised just as much and even "clear vision" De Valera and the anti-Treatyites eventually found ways to square their "vision" with the desire to be in power and actually do something. When they got there they found a situation broadly similar to that offered by Home Rule. Just as I cannot say that anything would have happened without De Valera you cannot, in turn, say that the young class of political activists like De Valera, Brugha, Hyde and Collins wouldn't have come to the fore and sought democratic means of establishing a Republic regardless of whether it was in a Free State or a Home Rule state.
                                                                    Of course I can given the dominance of a completely different type of politician before the 1918 elections!
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

GGppd Jaysis

Comment

After a long trip.. the Flushdraws are finally settled in the Gleneagles in Killarney.

Hope to see a few of you down here. Going to be a great weekend. It is also the little fella's 9th birthday on Sunday so he delighted to be spending it here.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                          After a long trip.. the Flushdraws are finally settled in the Gleneagles in Killarney.

Hope to see a few of you down here. Going to be a great weekend. It is also the little fella's 9th birthday on Sunday so he delighted to be spending it here.
                                                                          Macca pakka macca pakka pak

Comment

Poker is just loling at me today. Big grind=big loss=sigh.

This hurt the most to go 2nd with 13 left,

Now where's the feckin penguins!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                              Poker is just loling at me today. Big grind=big loss=sigh.

This hurt the most to go 2nd with 13 left,

Now where's the feckin penguins!?!

Know how you feel. Running awful recently. Really soul crushing.

Comment

Know how you feel. Running awful recently. Really soul crushing.
                                                                                It's a sick game, love to hate and all that jazz. I'm not actually running too bad recently tbh, not that I'm running amazingly well, but today and yesterday I played a lot more than normal and ran ridiculously bad, don't think I've hit this many bubbles in such a short space of time before though. Meh, swings and roundabouts! And lol, just as I type, in my last game of the night, QQ<33 ai on a 2,5,10 flop approaching the bubble! The weekend must bringing some special schit with this craic going on!

1/2 hr til the offys opens...hmmmm

Comment

Bahahaha!

around the 3.45 mark, these people are full of drink and and fully educated... our future, there going to be solicitors and doctors....
                                                                                  Erm no they're not, They're going to WIT.

Are they seriously asking the students not to drink and party? There is a whole economy based around this in Waterford.

We dont mind if they have a drink for a 21st... Lollers.

TBF, on the other hand then, you really have to question the wisdom of having student accommodation in a residential neighbourhood, or is it the other way round? surely being adjacent to the IT would have implied the suitably of the houses for family use?

Why not put all the students in the houses at the front of the estate, and proper homes at the back, so the students dont have to journey past family homes at night?

I always wondered why planners put the social housing at the rear of the estate, whereby the inhabitants generally ruin the whole place from back to front.

(Gets down off horse )
                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                    Lol. Taxi logic. What are you on about. You say it like it's a crime to be working.

But then again it probably is to you. I've met many of your kind during my time aquiring this taxi logic.

Drop them off at the bookies at 11am, let them back a few virtual races, read up on sports in the free racing post in there so they will have some material for your dole queue chats where you and your pals lol at the people who work for a living

Then after you have enjoyed a few 'well earned' pints after your half hour waiting to be handed your wages you wander home to watch more sports mixed with some Jeremy Kyle on your most likely unlicensed TV if you even have one and again lol at the misfortune you see.

The reason you stalk this place late at night is because you have to, not because you want to, because when your alone, in the quiet, in the dark and you think/dream about your pathetic life and bleak hopeless future, the only thing that stops you topping yourself is to jeer people on the internet

And if writing LOL Finkel keeps you around for even one more day then your welcome to keep it up and I'll just have to accept that I'm just another one of those 'fools' that works for a living
                                                                                    Not on dole.

Rarely in a bookies, lol at backing virtuals. I bet you do.

I don't sleep.

I do work.

More fail, thought I could get you angrier though.

Comment

Of course I can given the dominance of a completely different type of politician before the 1918 elections!
                                                                                      Redmond took over from Parnell FFS, the most radical politician of his era. Besides that you are making the assumption that By 1937, despite every country in Europe bar England having radicalized political figures that somehow Ireland would have continued to elect dowdy establishment types like Redmond.

The logical conclusion of your post is that people will continue to elect the same type of politician over and over again which, in this particular era of European history, is patently untrue. If not the war of independent then perhaps the 1929 Crash would have instigated a shift to a more radical Repulican stance. De Valera et al were thrust into political life earlier than perhaps they would otherwise have been elevated to the national stage but you simply cannot say they wouldn't have come through anyway. You also cannot say that Redmond and his successors would not have continued towards republican status after achieving home rule. The simple fact is that we do not know!

Taking absolute stances in historical debates like this is nothing short of silly Lloyd. You don't know what "may" have happened for the simple reason that it didn't happen. Saying that you are certain that De Valera et al would not have risen to political prominence because of electoral trends BEFORE THE FIRST WORLD WAR is just plain ridiculous. No country in Europe could possibly predict post war electoral patterns from pre-war results! The Great War was as large a part, if not larger, of the day to day lives of Irish people as any armed struggle that didn't even really get going until 1919!

The easter rising may have helped shift political sympathy behind Sinn Fein but arguably the disastrous conduct of the war and broad post war discontent with Redmond, whose popularity slipped significantly even before the rising, would have lead to some gains for Sinn Fein, even if not the spectacular success they did enjoy in 1918. Their opposition to conscription arguably did more for them politically than any opposition to British rule.

I'm not saying that the rise of Sinn Fein was inevitable even had the Rising not occurred but to suggest that the home rule and treaty offers were so hugely different and that we wouldn't have achieved independence without the rising is, frankly, a brutally narrow reading of the historical landscape.
                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Despite how well you write your position, I remain fundamentally in disagreement with it. The other nations that you correctly cite as integral to achieving concessions in 1931 remain in the Commonwealth, and threw their oar in during World War 2. The fact of armed agitation completely changed the game.

Comment

Think it was Zuroph before who mentioned something about repairing electric showers.

Have a triton one (about 10 years old I'm guessing) in the house I'm renting and this morning it would not heat the water beyond lukewarm. Anything I could look at myself? Something like a heating element or thermostat busto perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                            Think it was Zuroph before who mentioned something about repairing electric showers.

Have a triton one (about 10 years old I'm guessing) in the house I'm renting and this morning it would not heat the water beyond lukewarm. Anything I could look at myself? Something like a heating element or thermostat busto perhaps?
                                                                                            Anything electrical or plumbing related I would never go near. Just too much can go wrong imo.

Comment

So O'Gara's mindgames appear to be working. Starting 10 spot against Italy goes to O'Gara.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                So O'Gara's mindgames appear to be working. Starting 10 spot against Italy goes to O'Gara.
                                                                                                he'd better fucking perform after that disgraceful interview after the Oz game

knowing him, he probably will of course
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

lol Haters gonna Hate.

O'Gara is starting because he's been money time since he got down south. Sexton can't kick straight on the other hand, and converting penalties will be vital against Italy. This is not about an interview, it's about form and performance. Sexton needs to buck up his act if he wants to start another game before this tournament is over.

Comment

Italy just had a game on Tuesday, we should be beating them by a decent score. The difference between ROG and Sexton is how we beat them

Comment

Despite how well you write your position, I remain fundamentally in disagreement with it. The other nations that you correctly cite as integral to achieving concessions in 1931 remain in the Commonwealth, and threw their oar in during World War 2. The fact of armed agitation completely changed the game.
                                                                                                      It was the insular Catholic state for a Catholic people type of nationalism that grew up around the rewritten history of the 1916 - 1929 period that changed the game.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lol Haters gonna Hate.

O'Gara is starting because he's been money time since he got down south. Sexton can't kick straight on the other hand, and converting penalties will be vital against Italy. This is not about an interview, it's about form and performance. Sexton needs to buck up his act if he wants to start another game before this tournament is over.
                                                                                                        so just let form speak for itself, clearly on WC form O'Gara is the starting 10.

but....don't fuck your team and your manager over in the media; that sort of shit might be acceptable in soccer but definitely not in rugby
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

lol Haters gonna Hate.

LOLloyd thinks that the reason ROG is starting is to do with his penalty kicking... or did BK hijack your account.
                                                                                                          As Tom says its about the Way we play on Sunday and not about strike rate in converting penalties.

Comment

Anyone know the best place to exchange euro for Sterling today in Dublin?
                                                                                                            twitter
                                                                                                            moneybookers

Comment

Sam, the footballers and hurlers in my job today.
                                                                                                              Sometimes corporate shilling works
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Exciting finish to Samoa SA game. Boks scrape through

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  LOLloyd thinks that the reason ROG is starting is to do with his penalty kicking... or did BK hijack your account.
                                                                                                                  As Tom says its about the Way we play on Sunday and not about strike rate in converting penalties.
                                                                                                                  It's absolutely to do with penalty kicking. Italy will be stubborn and hard to break down, but we will force penalty opportunities. So far this tournament, Sexton has proved unreliable at that fundamentally important aspect of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    It was the insular Catholic state for a Catholic people type of nationalism that grew up around the rewritten history of the 1916 - 1929 period that changed the game.
                                                                                                                    That's fine, doesn't invalidate my point.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone know the best place to exchange euro for Sterling today in Dublin?
                                                                                                                      a bureau de change?
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

so just let form speak for itself, clearly on WC form O'Gara is the starting 10.

but....don't fuck your team and your manager over in the media; that sort of shit might be acceptable in soccer but definitely not in rugby
                                                                                                                        I thought it was a very emotional interview. He said more then he should of and he knows that but he can't unwinfd the clock. Sexton will bounce back hard from this kick in the arse and ROG is playing very well. It's all good imo.
                                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X