X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zod View Post
    Or the ANC's for that matter *dons crash helmet*
    If you really mean that and are not on a sub BK trolling expedition, I'm genuinely sad.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      you appear to have missed the point
      oh, I got it completely, just adding that everyone thinks of Mandela as the Smiling old Grandad who was in prison for a long time, but little of what happened before with the ANC.

And even less of what the ANC is now.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
        I'm still waiting on you to explain this transition.

I LOL at you CHD
        Why bother explain something so obvious? If I explained it you would still question it and continue to be clueless. It would be a waste of time.

If someone who knew what they were talking about questioned it I would, but it would be lost on you

Comment

i really wouldn't know what to say if that martin mc guiness cunt gets into the aras

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            If you really mean that and are not on a sub BK trolling expedition, I'm genuinely sad.
            FWIW I would never compare McGuinness to Mandela. Was more that the ANC's history is often forgotten.

Comment

More Banking bad news....

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                So hungover, to late to buy brekkie and I'm not cooking. Where is a good place to get a burger?

Anyone try this moo place?
                Toasted Special, villager.
                Cured many a hangover
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  Why bother explain something so obvious? If I explained it you would still question it and continue to be clueless. It would be a waste of time.

If someone who knew what they were talking about questioned it I would, but it would be lost on you
                  It must be awful to be so clueless is it. I've called you out and you simple mind is at a loss.

I LOL at you CHD

Comment

OK so Dublin won an All Ireland, lets get move on and get the thread title back to what really matters, the future:

Its still all very unreal and the hype around Dublin is confusing the issue, I need to keep watching the replay to remind myself that it really happened. Seeing the longer extracts again I notice how those who seemed to have a quiet game the likes of DOC, Jamie, Earls were all working just as hard as everyone else. It was probably the best team performance I can remember. How BOD can keep on performing at this level is extraordinary. I love having ROG and Sexton on the pitch at the same time. We just don't have all that many world class players so using the option of getting the full 80 minutes from the young player who can command the whole back line with a player of the experience and skill of ROG coming in to close out the game is fantastic.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

It must be awful to be so clueless is it. I've called you out and you simple mind is at a loss.

I LOL at you CHD
                      lol

Explain how Chelsea aren't in transition actually and then I will grant you your wish

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                        Yes & Yes.
                        Got it sorted thanks when i checked trip advisor, it seems to be a bit of kip, ray recommended a fine place and really good value so gonna go with that!
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Fucking TweedleDumb and TweedleDumber are giving me a headache , bring back Lloyd and Emmet.

Comment

Gamers solve scientist-stumping enzyme puzzle
                            Stories, people and ideas that are changing our day-to-day world by Wired UK. The most important, interesting and inspiring news and features on Wired.co.uk

-The ingenuity of game players, Khatib said, is a formidable force that, if properly directed, can be used to solve a wide range of scientific problems. Thats something to tell your mum or significant other the next time they tell you to get off Call of Duty.-
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Alexander Lebedev takes no shit

Comment

lol

Explain how Chelsea aren't in transition actually and then I will grant you your wish
                                Your so called transition is a load of bollocks. Your top players will all be past it and moved on by this time next year. Then the rebuilding can begin.

Fat frank is finished, at 33 is well past it, the same for Drogba and Anelka. Ashley Cole and John Terry are in the twilight of there careers also. Malouda was almost gone this summer, another 30 something.

What cover have you got for these players. How long do you expect to be in transition, 3 years is it.

Torres, Sturridge, Mata and Luiz are all you have.

I LOL at you CHD

Comment

Fucking TweedleDumb and TweedleDumber are giving me a headache , bring back Lloyd and Emmet.
                                  You talk as much shite when it comes to GAA, politics, music etc etc. You just waste more time typing as do countless others.

stfu

Comment

If this weekend has proven anything, it's how dull club soccer is.

Comment

You talk as much shite when it comes to GAA, politics, music etc etc. You just waste more time typing as do countless others.

stfu
                                      Probably the only thing we will agree on today

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          If this weekend has proven anything, it's how bitter Strewelpeter is.
                                          FYP

Up the dubs.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

anyone swap €100 on stars for €100 on boyles or PPP please?

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...&postcount=944

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                Whole point about McGuinness is that SF are free-rolling. They're bound to get more than SFs regular 10-12% of the vote so it will be a boost to their national stature even if they don't win. Outdo Michael D and they can claim to be the true party of the left.

Obviously all fully irrelevant anyway whatever a non-FG party does for the next maybe 20 years, given the FG bailout wins of the last two months.
                                                I've had many people tell me they are voting for McGuinness.

Reasons include;
                                                Will only take minimum wage.
                                                Is honest....
                                                At least believed in something enough to die for it.
                                                Isn't any of the other candidates
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                  anyone swap €100 on stars for €100 on boyles or PPP please?

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...&postcount=944
                                                  Nucky,Pm'd you on Facebook about an unrelated matter.
                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Reasons include;
                                                    Is honest....
                                                    At least believed in something enough to die for it.
                                                    the views of some people are worrying
                                                    does it not matter to them that he was part of an organization that killed maimed and tortured innocent people, that this same organization has still not released the locations of "missing people" in northern ireland so that families can finally grieve and lay to rest their loved ones.
                                                    the man is nothing short of a murderer.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Reasons include;
                                                      Is honest....
                                                      At least believed in something the hijacking of a genuine, if grossly overstated, civil rights movement by a gang of criminal thugs and mobsters, enough to die kill for.
                                                      FYP

Comment

Your so called transition is a load of bollocks. Your top players will all be past it and moved on by this time next year. Then the rebuilding can begin.

Fat frank is finished, at 33 is well past it, the same for Drogba and Anelka. Ashley Cole and John Terry are in the twilight of there careers also. Malouda was almost gone this summer, another 30 something.

What cover have you got for these players. How long do you expect to be in transition, 3 years is it.

Torres, Sturridge, Mata and Luiz are all you have.

I LOL at you CHD
                                                        Already you show a lack of understanding. I will help you.

tran·si·tion
                                                        verb /tranˈziSHən/  /-ˈsiSHən/ 
                                                        transitioned, past participle; transitioned, past tense; transitioning, present participle; transitions, 3rd person singular present

Undergo or cause to undergo a process or period of transition
                                                        - the network ought to be built by the federal government and then transitioned into private industry
                                                        - we have transitioned from a high-intensity combat operation to a support role in the community

noun /tranˈziSHən/  /-ˈsiSHən/ 
                                                        transitions, plural

The process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another

Just to completely break that down.

pe·ri·od/ˈpi(ə)rēəd/
                                                        Noun: A length or portion of time.

ie, not instant.

Things don't just change straight away, it takes time. You seem to think transition is ship the lot out, bring lots in and go.

Chelseas transition started January 2011.

After starting the season with back to back 6-0 wins and looking like they would pick up where they left off and defend their title at ease Chelsea fell to peices and went on a slump that hasn't been seen in years. (The fact that Chelsea could have won at OT at the end of last season and gone on to win the title after that shows how average United are at the moment too)

Chelsea lined up in the usual 4-3-3 which looked like this last year.

Cech
                                                        Ivan - Terry - Alex - Cole
                                                        Mikel
                                                        Lampard - Essien
                                                        Anelka - Drogba - Malouda

Ramires was brought in in the Summer previous, Torres and Luiz were bought in Jan. These players became starters. Ramires replaced Mikel (Essien dropped to DM) Luiz replaced Alex and Torres rotated with Drogba and Anelka, leaving one of them dropped most weeks.

Summer comes. Ancelotti out and AVB in. AVB is the first man to be given close to total control. He changes the style of our play, we move the ball faster, defence plays a higher line, we use wide players and not full backs for width in the attacking third. Our 4-3-3 will now not include an out and out defensive midfielder, they will not have to sit back. Lots of change there.

Summer sees these players come in.

Mata, Lukaku, Romeu, Meireles and Sturridge makes the step up.

So with our new tactics we have our new first team.

Cech
                                                        Bosingwa - Terry - Ivanovic - Cole
                                                        Meireles/Mikel
                                                        Ramires - Meireles/Lampard
                                                        Sturridge - Torres - Mata

Subs - Turnbull, Hilario, Luiz, Alex, Ferreira, McEachran, Essien, Malouda, Romeu, Kalou, Bertrand, Anelka, Drogba, Lukaku

Lampard is being phased out with Drogba. Those two are part of the spine of a team that was feared by everyone. That is a big change. Anelka is going to be a sub now. Malouda isn't wanted, another starter dropped. Cole has Bertrand and Van Annholt fighting it out this season to try topple him next year. Terry is coming to the end of his starting career and has Luiz and Alex waiting to replace him. Kalou is finished. Essien is finished probably after a third serious knee injury.

The front 3 has changed, the former starters are now the replacements. Kalou will be shipped out. Lukaku is the future.

The midfield is changing, Lampard is being phased out. Ramires is going to be the main man. Meireles comes in, McEachran is waiting. Mikel will step up to be there all the time. Essien is finished. Malouda is surplus to requirements. Mata will also play in the midfield this season.

The defence is changing. Ivan moves to the middle unless RB needs him. Luiz is waiting. A new LB will be bought if the two kids dont step up. Alex will do what he always has and slot in when needed.

Half the spine of the team we were known for is gone, the other half is finishing up.

Things are changing, the team is different, the team plays differently.

You don't just ship out half your squad then bring in new players and start again. You phase them out, like United are doing. (Scholes, Giggs etc)

That is transition.

Chelsea are in transition.

Comment

Nucky and the gang are back this fall. Season 2 of Boardwalk Empire premieres on September 25th. For more information, log onto http://itsh.bo/f2CvCf.Watch ...

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                            Can't wait for this.

Also I SP really.

Comment

No Curb ep today, must be finished for the year. Better get cracking on Breaking Bad. I see someone earlier mentioned it as maybe being the best series of all time, not even close. Also, Bored to Death is back in October, pretty surprised cos was sure was only meant to be 2 seasons, very good programme

Comment

Ended up at the zoo over the weekend and had an actual terrifying experience. So first up on the left is the tigers, they were floating about and providing great poses for pics but the glass kept reflecting when i tried to take a pic so couldnt get a proper one. Walking off to the next thing and i spot a gap in the bamboo trees which leads right up to the fence, has one of the giant bins covering it to stop people going there obviously. I jump over anyway and the there is about 3 foot from the gap to the chain link fence and as soon as my foot touched the ground the massive male tiger sprung up and started sprinting for me, Jumps up with two paws on the fence and the whole thing shakes then presses face right into it. Went back 2 more times to get pics and everytime regardless of where he was he would sprint over to me, something else to see I must admit and highly recommended

Comment

if grossly overstated, civil rights movement
                                                                  Wat.

Comment

Whole point about McGuinness is that SF are free-rolling. They're bound to get more than SFs regular 10-12% of the vote so it will be a boost to their national stature even if they don't win. Outdo Michael D and they can claim to be the true party of the left.
                                                                    it's FF they're after

I said before the election that FF were finished as a political force in this country; SF have a great opportunity to drive the stake home
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Things don't just change straight away, it takes time. You seem to think transition is ship the lot out, bring lots in and go.

Chelseas transition started January 2011.

After starting the season with back to back 6-0 wins and looking like they would pick up where they left off and defend their title at ease Chelsea fell to peices and went on a slump that hasn't been seen in years. (The fact that Chelsea could have won at OT at the end of last season and gone on to win the title after that shows how average United are at the moment too)

Chelsea lined up in the usual 4-3-3 which looked like this last year.

Cech
                                                                      Ivan - Terry - Alex - Cole
                                                                      Mikel
                                                                      Lampard - Essien
                                                                      Anelka - Drogba - Malouda

Ramires was brought in in the Summer previous, Torres and Luiz were bought in Jan. These players became starters. Ramires replaced Mikel (Essien dropped to DM) Luiz replaced Alex and Torres rotated with Drogba and Anelka, leaving one of them dropped most weeks.

Summer comes. Ancelotti out and AVB in. AVB is the first man to be given close to total control. He changes the style of our play, we move the ball faster, defence plays a higher line, we use wide players and not full backs for width in the attacking third. Our 4-3-3 will now not include an out and out defensive midfielder, they will not have to sit back. Lots of change there.

Summer sees these players come in.

Mata, Lukaku, Romeu, Meireles and Sturridge makes the step up.

So with our new tactics we have our new first team.

Cech
                                                                      Bosingwa - Terry - Ivanovic - Cole
                                                                      Meireles/Mikel
                                                                      Ramires - Meireles/Lampard
                                                                      Sturridge - Torres - Mata

Subs - Turnbull, Hilario, Luiz, Alex, Ferreira, McEachran, Essien, Malouda, Romeu, Kalou, Bertrand, Anelka, Drogba, Lukaku

Lampard is being phased out with Drogba. Those two are part of the spine of a team that was feared by everyone. That is a big change. Anelka is going to be a sub now. Malouda isn't wanted, another starter dropped. Cole has Bertrand and Van Annholt fighting it out this season to try topple him next year. Terry is coming to the end of his starting career and has Luiz and Alex waiting to replace him. Kalou is finished. Essien is finished probably after a third serious knee injury.

The front 3 has changed, the former starters are now the replacements. Kalou will be shipped out. Lukaku is the future.

The midfield is changing, Lampard is being phased out. Ramires is going to be the main man. Meireles comes in, McEachran is waiting. Mikel will step up to be there all the time. Essien is finished. Malouda is surplus to requirements. Mata will also play in the midfield this season.

The defence is changing. Ivan moves to the middle unless RB needs him. Luiz is waiting. A new LB will be bought if the two kids dont step up. Alex will do what he always has and slot in when needed.

Half the spine of the team we were known for is gone, the other half is finishing up.

Things are changing, the team is different, the team plays differently.

You don't just ship out half your squad then bring in new players and start again. You phase them out, like United are doing. (Scholes, Giggs etc)

That is transition.

Chelsea are in transition.
                                                                      Chelseas style of play had changed since Torres slandered them 'the media and Abramovich realizes he is worth more than the whole squad.

Your whole argument is nonsense

I LOL at you CHD

Comment

Chelseas style of play had changed since Torres slandered them 'the media and Abramovich realizes he is worth more than the whole squad.

Your whole argument is nonsense

I LOL at you CHD
                                                                        Owned.

CHD is WINNAR!

Comment

if grossly overstated, civil rights movement
                                                                          Jesus fucking christ.

Comment

eh, yeah SP...an overstated civil rights movement?

Comment

...

Comment

toffee pops.

Comment

Jesus fucking christ.
                                                                                  Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                  Wat.
                                                                                  eh, yeah SP...an overstated civil rights movement?
                                                                                  OK OK, in the context of the civil rights movements of South Africa and Southern USA what was happening in the North was trivial.
                                                                                  I'm never for a second going to say that things were acceptable there in 1969 but nothing that McGuinness and his buddies did was ever designed to improve conditions and only resulted in making things far worse.

Is anyone seriously going to compare the Bogside with Soweto or Birmingham?
                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-09-11, 12:31.

Comment

I want to kill half the people I work with. Roll on Friday week and unemployment please. Idiots.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                        I want to kill half the people I work with. Roll on Friday week and unemployment please. Idiots.
                                                                                        Professional Poker career starting in The Fitz friday week?

Comment

OK OK, in the context of the civil rights movements of South Africa and Southern USA what was happening in the North was trivial.
                                                                                          Gerrymander and restriction of voting rights were pretty much the same in each country. Granted Ireland didn't have any "catholics only" water fountains or the like but up until the early 70's NI was very much the same as Carsons original "Protestant government for a Protestant people" plan.

inequality is inequality, regardless of the degree.

Comment

Don't kill anyone.

Comment

...

Comment

why are RTE putting peaceful resistance in brackets?

Comment

Ok, so i just got a HP touchpad. What can i install and do to it?

Comment

Would love to see a proper resistance at the traveller eviction today. Awful appeasement to little englander attitudes.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0919/essex.html

Check out Jewify.org

Racism of many kinds, including anti-Semitism, is alive and well. However, in the U.K., you generally won't find official institutions, mainstream politicians, or newspapers openly espousing blatantly racist sentiments -- unless it's racism against Gypsies, Travellers and Roma people: this is still a socially acceptable form of racism. This site allows you to look at articles and website about Gypsies, Travellers and Roma people through the lens of anti-Semitism. Enter the url of any news article or website above, and the words Gypsy and Traveller will be substituted by the word Jew. We think you'll be shocked by the results.
                                                                                                    Here's your Jewified link,very different

Comment

thats a coincidence, my employment here finishes Friday week too

pints?

Comment

What's going on in there?

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        Professional Poker career starting in The Fitz friday week?
                                                                                                        I said the same to him but I don't think he will take it on board.
                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Would love to see a proper resistance at the traveller eviction today. Awful appeasement to little englander attitudes.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0919/essex.html
                                                                                                          lol, after last week's revelations of slavery I think public sympathy might be somewhat muted

for myself; I say 'fuck 'em' (enlightened eh?)

Comment

thats a coincidence, my employment here finishes Friday week too

pints?
                                                                                                            Did you get a NAMA job?

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                              Did you get a NAMA job?
                                                                                                              no, I'm working for our London office after that

I'm far too indiscreet to work for NAMA anyway

Comment

National disgrace that there is only manky orange-flavour jaffa cakes available, amirite?

You go into any other country's supermarkets and you'll see about 20 filling flavours competing for your money, but we seem to have stuck on a synthetic orange with dodge fake-chocolate coating.

Orange wouldn't even be in anyone's top five cake/biscuit filling options if it had to compete in an open marketplace.

We seem to have this trait as a country - develop something that's good and then don't try to improve it - it just becomes a natural monopoly

- Guinness
                                                                                                                - Potatoes
                                                                                                                - Jaffa cakes

Obv the first two were highly acceptable, but jaffa cakes?

Compare them with e.g. available in any Polish shop:

Where have you been?

I couldn't find a pic quick enough before I headed out of the McVities raspberry ones but FD and I have bought them and they are amazing!
                                                                                                                Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 19-09-11, 12:53.

Comment

Gerrymander and restriction of voting rights were pretty much the same in each country. Granted Ireland didn't have any "catholics only" water fountains or the like but up until the early 70's NI was very much the same as Carsons original "Protestant government for a Protestant people" plan.
                                                                                                                  I don't quite agree with this, the situation in 1969 was much less the result of some Carsonist agenda as a reaction to the ongoing drip drip campaign of the IRA since partition. The entrenchment of the majority population was reinforced by the ambivalence of Dublin governments and the blatant popular support that the IRA had in many high profile sectors of society in the South.

Of course there are degrees of inequality, there were terrible thingsgoing on but nothing that couldn't have been dealt with between Dublin, Belfast and London if normal politics had been allowed to prevail. Between '68 and Bloody Sunday McGuinness and Co took all hope of progress off the table for 30 years.

Comment

Can't really see MMG tripling SFs first preference votes from the last election.

Comment

Not forgetting these ones..

Comment

I'm far too indiscreet to work for NAMA anyway
                                                                                                                        They are big into secrecy ...or should that be obfuscation?
                                                                                                                        Did I tell you about the day I was in BoI Baggot Street recently and was bringing a machine into the board room for a demo?
                                                                                                                        We had to take the machine out of one lift carry it from one end of the building to another and back into another lift because no one from BoI is allowed walk through the area that NAMA are working in.

Comment

I don't quite agree with this, the situation in 1969 was much less the result of some Carsonist agenda as a reaction to the ongoing drip drip campaign of the IRA since partition. The entrenchment of the majority population was reinforced by the ambivalence of Dublin governments and the blatant popular support that the IRA had in many high profile sectors of society in the South.

Of course there are degrees of inequality, there were terrible thingsgoing on but nothing that couldn't have been dealt with between Dublin, Belfast and London if normal politics had been allowed to prevail. Between '68 and Bloody Sunday McGuinness and Co took all hope of progress off the table for 30 years.
                                                                                                                          Not really an option in the North, ever , especially with headbangers like Paisley banging the drum.
                                                                                                                          Any attempt by moderate unionism to reform was always going to be doomed to failure, see Sunningdale.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X