X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tommyg1961 off stars post here? if so your an awful arsehole

Comment

would be pretty happy to just get a car that wont break, can be sold once I've finished with it in a year or two, won't break the bank, and will drive.

What kind of cars should I be looking at tbh?

Very happy with the Astra
      Mazda 3
      Ford Focus
      Audi A3

What else fits into this group and is a decent runner? I'm pretty much just going to have to get across, get settled and then hope that I can pick one of the above group up for a decent cut in the next 5/6 weeks...

Comment

Wow, Richard Bruton is pretty damn efficient. Sent him an email about the lack of Energy Science and Technology courses in Dublin universities last week and he's already contacted the HEA about it and initiated proceedings to see what, if anything should be done about it.

Comment

@ Emmet think your line is def +EV

One of my biggest mistakes weas i let the money blind me, When i came out of college i was offered a ton of money to work with a company, I should have looked at my long term goals and stuff but didn't i was greedy in hind sight and have paid for it (In my employment life) ever since!

Best of luck! England isn't that far so "Coming home to Ireland" won't be a massive burden if you do decide to come back for work, And "Come home to Ireland" for the piss up/Weekend will make you enjoy the time spent here more!

FYI I hate you noW! u have gotten me all depressed!!

@ BBV Does anyone know any decent people who could get me back on the right track? Really disappointed where i am now (employment wise), sometimes I look at it and want to hurt myself for being such a ugly stupid tit!!!
          Last edited by pgodkin; 15-09-11, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Wow, Richard Bruton is pretty damn efficient. Sent him an email about the lack of Energy Science and Technology courses in Dublin universities last week and he's already contacted the HEA about it and initiated proceedings to see what, if anything should be done about it.
            you reside in his constituency, right?

it would be interesting to see what response a non-constituent would get
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Yup

Also contained in my email was an attack on the amount of money being wasted on research. He asked me to expand on it and possibly bring it to the attention of some research prioritisation meeting but I don't really wanna burn any bridges and bite the hand that's feeding me!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                would be pretty happy to just get a car that wont break, can be sold once I've finished with it in a year or two, won't break the bank, and will drive.

What kind of cars should I be looking at tbh?

Very happy with the Astra
                Mazda 3
                Ford Focus
                Audi A3

What else fits into this group and is a decent runner? I'm pretty much just going to have to get across, get settled and then hope that I can pick one of the above group up for a decent cut in the next 5/6 weeks...
                Def go with the Focus, English car's are in better nick than Irish but there is that amount of Fords around the place you can pick up parts cheap enough IF it breaks, problem with buying away from home is that you cant get someone you trust to look at it

I know it sounds stupid but there is a show on like Dave (Sky/UPC) called Wheeler Dealer your man goes through alot of stuff when looking to buy and sell second hand cars maybe someone could find a link for some of the shows for above cars etc, (this has been around for a while but so price's prob won't be right) but you won't look like a spa when going to see cars so they wont try to bluff you

Also personal exp: Don't look @ Cars at night even under street light, I did this when checking out wifey's Mini and didn't see a big mark on the bumper and im still paying for it

Comment

Emmet, Toyotas are bullet proof

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    Also contained in my email was an attack on the amount of money being wasted on research. He asked me to expand on it and possibly bring it to the attention of some research prioritisation meeting but I don't really wanna burn any bridges and bite the hand that's feeding me!
                    yes, this would most definitely be -EV

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                      Emmet, Toyotas are bullet proof
                      Corolla? What colour prevents head gasket problems?

Comment

Dr Conan T Barbarian: 'Long Room Hub Associate Professor in Hyborian Studies and Tyrant Slaying

Trinity College Dublin has said it is taking seriously an incident in which a profile page, complete with image, was inserted on its website for a fake staff member named ‘Dr Conan T. Barbarian’.

The page appeared on the TCD School of English website last night and could still be accessed until about 9.30am, at which stage it was removed.

Screen shots of the page were still being circulated online, however.

The staff listings were also amended to include the name of ‘Dr Barbarian’, while his own personal page bore an image of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger in Conan guise from the 1982 movie.

His full title and academic qualifications were given as: “Dr Conan T. Barbarian, B.A.(Cimmeria) Ph.D. (UCD). F.T.C.D. (Long Room Hub Associate Professor in Hyborian Studies and Tyrant Slaying).”

His profile indicated he had been “ripped from his mother's womb on the corpse-strewn battlefields of his war-torn homeland, Cimmeria, and has been preparing for academic life ever since”.

“A firm believer in the dictum that ‘that which does not kill us makes us stronger,’ he took time out to avenge the death of his parents following a sojourn pursuing his strong interest in Post-Colonial theory at the Sorbonne.”

The profile went on to say Dr Barbarian completed his PhD, entitled ‘To Hear The Lamentation of Their Women: Constructions of Masculinity in Contemporary Zamoran Literature’ at UCD and was appointed to the School of English in 2006, “after sucessfully decapitating his predecessor during a bloody battle which will long be remembered in legend and song”.

“In 2011/12, he will be teaching on the following courses: ‘The Relevance of Crom in the Modern World’, ‘Theories of Literature’, ‘Vengeance for Beginners’,

‘Deciphering the Riddle of Steel’ and ‘D.H. Lawrence’.

“He strongly objects to the terms of the Croke Park agreement and the current trend for remaking 1980s films that he believes were perfectly good enough in the first place.”

A spokeswoman for Trinity College Dublin said the amendment to the website was not a “hacking”.

She said the site had not been externally hacked, but said she could not comment further as she did not have the full facts.

The page had been immediately removed once it came to the college’s attention.

Asked whether any other data was likely to have been compromised, the spokeswoman said it was “highly unlikely”.
                        Last edited by TomD; 15-09-11, 13:38.

Comment

Hatchback corolla circa 2004 would be perfect imo

Comment

Lime

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                              tommyg1961 off stars post here? if so your an awful arsehole
                              trip report?

Comment

Hatchback corolla circa 2004 would be perfect imo

? Could be pushed on price too I reckon.

Just trying to get a feel for what I can get for my budget tbh. They're nice cars alright though.

Ugh, about to have back to back phonecalls with the two companies with a view to making a final decision. Surprisingly awkward conversations with people I've never met in person coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
                                  trip report?
                                  You mean 'cliffs'. He didn't go anywhere to give a trip report.

You're welcome
                                  Last edited by Wesley Harms; 15-09-11, 13:51. Reason: Fuck you Sligo Boy :)

Comment

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...54ad?logcode=p

Just trying to get a feel for what I can get for my budget tbh. They're nice cars alright though.

Ugh, about to have back to back phonecalls with the two companies with a view to making a final decision. Surprisingly awkward conversations with people I've never met in person coming up!
                                    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                      Conan Story
                                      SPOILER
                                      http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking36.html

Dr Conan T Barbarian: 'Long Room Hub Associate Professor in Hyborian Studies and Tyrant Slaying

Trinity College Dublin has said it is taking seriously an incident in which a profile page, complete with image, was inserted on its website for a fake staff member named ‘Dr Conan T. Barbarian’.

The page appeared on the TCD School of English website last night and could still be accessed until about 9.30am, at which stage it was removed.

Screen shots of the page were still being circulated online, however.

The staff listings were also amended to include the name of ‘Dr Barbarian’, while his own personal page bore an image of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger in Conan guise from the 1982 movie.

His full title and academic qualifications were given as: “Dr Conan T. Barbarian, B.A.(Cimmeria) Ph.D. (UCD). F.T.C.D. (Long Room Hub Associate Professor in Hyborian Studies and Tyrant Slaying).”

His profile indicated he had been “ripped from his mother's womb on the corpse-strewn battlefields of his war-torn homeland, Cimmeria, and has been preparing for academic life ever since”.

“A firm believer in the dictum that ‘that which does not kill us makes us stronger,’ he took time out to avenge the death of his parents following a sojourn pursuing his strong interest in Post-Colonial theory at the Sorbonne.”

The profile went on to say Dr Barbarian completed his PhD, entitled ‘To Hear The Lamentation of Their Women: Constructions of Masculinity in Contemporary Zamoran Literature’ at UCD and was appointed to the School of English in 2006, “after sucessfully decapitating his predecessor during a bloody battle which will long be remembered in legend and song”.

“In 2011/12, he will be teaching on the following courses: ‘The Relevance of Crom in the Modern World’, ‘Theories of Literature’, ‘Vengeance for Beginners’,

‘Deciphering the Riddle of Steel’ and ‘D.H. Lawrence’.

“He strongly objects to the terms of the Croke Park agreement and the current trend for remaking 1980s films that he believes were perfectly good enough in the first place.”

A spokeswoman for Trinity College Dublin said the amendment to the website was not a “hacking”.

She said the site had not been externally hacked, but said she could not comment further as she did not have the full facts.

The page had been immediately removed once it came to the college’s attention.

Asked whether any other data was likely to have been compromised, the spokeswoman said it was “highly unlikely”.

just excellent
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

He told me to fk off, I thought his name was Brutal. I blame Dustin.

Comment

You mean 'cliffs'. He didn't go anywhere to give a trip report.

Your welcome
                                          You mean "you're". The welcome doesn't belong to him.
                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...54ad?logcode=p

Have a look at http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/, pretty good site that has all the good and bad points of the various second hand cars.

Comment

@Emmett

A few links here of ones based in NI.

Passatt

Focus

Diesel Focus

Mondeo

Not bad value here as long as those quoted milage counts are correct.

Best of luck with the job & move too.

Comment

will there be anyone playing poker in town at all tonight or will everyone be out in Maynooth?

Comment

will there be anyone playing poker in town at all tonight or will everyone be out in Maynooth?
                                                  €500 added in Jps game in Molloys.
                                                  I'm sure tallaght would clasp you to it's busom
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I will more or likely be heading to the SE tonight, haven't been around much in the last while.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      €500 added in Jps game in Molloys.
                                                      I'm sure tallaght would clasp you to it's busom
                                                      I'm sure it would, long way to traipse for a game of cards though

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        I will more or likely be heading to the SE tonight, haven't been around much in the last while.
                                                        Also 72zero said he might make the trip as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post

@ BBV Does anyone know any decent people who could get me back on the right track? Really disappointed where i am now (employment wise), sometimes I look at it and want to hurt myself for being such a ugly stupid tit!!!
                                                          I have an idea for an online life coaching website. Some stuff free and more tailored premium content using freelance life coaches from different fields and backgrounds. Would you be prepared to pay €50 for 3 months access to my website??
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Reading my psychometric profile is funny.

Maybe this isn't bullshit, seems to have me pretty much to a tee!

Emmet
                                                            05/09/2011

DESCRIPTIVE WORDS

Verbal, communicative, influential, persuasive, friendly, driving, competitive, inquisitive, direct, self-motivated, active,
                                                            mobile, restless, compliant, careful, systematic, precise, perfectionist, accurate and logical.

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
                                                            • Communicates in a factual manner.
                                                            • Likes a variety of challenging assignments.
                                                            • Adheres to rules and procedures.
                                                            • Ensures quality and standards are maintained.
                                                            • Promotes himself and his company in a specialist area of competence and expertise.
                                                            • Analytical and systematic in his work process.
                                                            • Attentive to detail.
                                                            • Wants to achieve his goals but wants to get things right and achieve the perfect solution.

Motivators
                                                            Popularity, favourable working conditions and public recognition are important motivators to Emmet.
                                                            Challenging situations and the opportunity to achieve good results are also important to him, as is standard operating
                                                            procedures and personal attention.
                                                            Should Emmet have a boss, then ideally that person will be a participative and direct leader who recognises his
                                                            need for personal contact and motivation. Objectives and timescales should be clearly negotiated, and once agreed, authority
                                                            and responsibility must be given to complete the task in hand.

Values Emmet brings to the Organisation
                                                            Emmet has many attributes of value for an organisation, including the ability to lead through his persuasiveness
                                                            and positive attitude. His natural assertiveness and desire to win, will result in him adding value to an organisation's bottom
                                                            line. Emmet is a logical and precise person and will add value to systems and procedures.
                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 15-09-11, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              I have an idea for an online life coaching website. Some stuff free and more tailored premium content using freelance life coaches from different fields and backgrounds. Would you be prepared to pay €50 for 3 months access to my website??
                                                              Gimme a shout about the web/seo end of things if you're thinking about making it happen.

Comment

ugh, 'life coaching' - ffs

one of my personal bugbears. People used to know what to do in order to get the stuff they wanted. Now they need some gobshite 'life coach' (with no qualifications except a brass neck and a degree in bullshit) to tell them.

man up people

(no offence V! wasn't talking about you obv. )

Comment

I'm sure it would, long way to traipse for a game of cards though
                                                                  I love the word traipse

Comment

yes and the way my day is going I may offer you oral as well to get out of this rut/ Getting unstuck!!!

Comment

Help keep me entertained in work for the next hour

Comment

yes and the way my day is going I may offer you oral as well to get out of this rut/ Getting unstuck!!!
                                                                        What is your doing and would prefer to be doing? What's stopping you just doing it?

Just to be clear, you can keep the oral payment
                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                          Why are All Ireland Tickets like buses?

SPOILER
                                                                          You can't get one for ages then 3 come at once. SHIP THE FUCKING TICKETS!!!
                                                                          Apparently all the buses broke down. The tickets are gone again. What a fucking head wrecker. Back on the hunt I go...
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Smullen beaten on three favourites today

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                              What is your doing and would prefer to be doing? What's stopping you just doing it?
                                                                              I'm currently Transport Manager for one of the Biggest Waste collectors in Dublin, A company called link to site here With a number of differnet services going it is non stop from first thing in the morning (04:30) till last thing @ night (21:00), it's not a bad place to work people wise but then again i'l never move anywhere in it.... even though it is has a massive customer base it has a small back office function, and a bigger sales team which is very demanding in ops can tell you is demanding, ex sales team outnumber ops 2 to 1.

I would like to broading my scope, I have always been a hard worker when it comes to work but am a lazy bollex when it comes to everything else including my career management

The thing that is stopping me is, i'm sorry to say is i don't know what the fuck to do, i have looked at my CV like 10 times the last month and i just have fcuking writers block everytime i look at it which stops me from applying for jobs!

Comment

Somewhat related, has anyone checked out this site?

Some of the hourlies quoted are pretty lol

Comment

I'm currently Transport Manager for one of the Biggest Waste collectors in Dublin, A company called link to site here With a number of differnet services going it is non stop from first thing in the morning (04:30) till last thing @ night (21:00), it's not a bad place to work people wise but then again i'l never move anywhere in it.... even though it is has a massive customer base it has a small back office function, and a bigger sales team which is very demanding in ops can tell you is demanding, ex sales team outnumber ops 2 to 1.

I would like to broading my scope, I have always been a hard worker when it comes to work but am a lazy bollex when it comes to everything else including my career management

The thing that is stopping me is, i'm sorry to say is i don't know what the fuck to do, i have looked at my CV like 10 times the last month and i just have fcuking writers block everytime i look at it which stops me from applying for jobs!
                                                                                  The thing to be careful of is not to move for the sake of moving obviously. It seems from the above that while you're painfully aware that you're ready to move on you have a very vague at best idea of what you might like to do.

Without having that clear in your head you'll continue to just look at your CV and go nowhere because you can't give clarity or direction as to where you want to end up. You know all this already though, have you any clear idea of the job you would like next or where you want to be in 5/10 years?

You need to build a breadcrumb path to help focus your mind and efforts.
                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

ugh, 'life coaching' - ffs

one of my personal bugbears. People used to know what to do in order to get the stuff they wanted. Now they need some gobshite 'life coach' (with no qualifications except a brass neck and a degree in bullshit) to tell them.

man up people

(no offence V! wasn't talking about you obv. )
                                                                                    Not really looking for life coach... have a disappointed mother for that.... FYI i know i sound like a whinning little shit... but most of my life i'm winning it's just this part

Just looking for someone to look over Cv kind of point me to where they see my skills, does JackyBlack still post here we're more or less in the same industry so if he's reading some pointers would be great!

Comment

Smullen beaten on three favourites today
                                                                                      Who is ahead by what?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                        Delivery could be an issue alright! How much were u looking for? I did want a new one for guarentee etc but could be swayed.pm if u want.
                                                                                        They pais circa €1100 or 1200 for it, so Id settle at €650, bottom price. (might give you a few quid towards your collection costs!!!).
                                                                                        You can pm me if you like or ring me on 087-2833343

Connie

Comment

I hate microgaming

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                            Who is ahead by what?
                                                                                            Murtagh is ahead by 2, but is suspended at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                              Who is ahead by what?
                                                                                              Murtagh two ahead but is suspended this weekend, I'd happily take them to be level after the w/e and then we'll have a Dundalk A/W every Friday until the season's end

one worry is that Murtagh doesn't seem to be picking up many spares, agent needs a kick up the hole

Comment

Murtagh two ahead but is suspended this weekend, I'd happily take them to be level after the w/e and then we'll have a Dundalk A/W every Friday until the season's end

one worry is that Murtagh doesn't seem to be picking up many spares, agent needs a kick up the hole
                                                                                                I'd make Smullen a 1/3 shot at this stage unless something changes rapidly

Comment

fill yer boots so - he's 5/4

the bet run until 16 December, you do realise that?

Comment

Cheers for the effort at least.

Comment

fill yer boots so - he's 5/4

the bet run until 16 December, you do realise that?
                                                                                                      5/4 is super value.

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                                                                                                        I hate microgaming

That's harsh wtf were u playing?

Comment

5/4 is super value.
                                                                                                          Away you go so!

Comment

Rubin Kazan 8/15 surely great valooo?

Comment

The Fiver delivers once again

Tonights Europa League

Shamrock Rovers: they play in green and white hoops, enjoy huge support from Dublin's unemployed, tattooed, cider-drinking underclass and have fought tooth and nail to make it this far in the competition. We wish them well.

The Queen's Celtic: they play in green and white hoops, enjoy huge support from Dublin's unemployed, tattooed, cider-drinking underclass and have fought tooth and nail to make it this far in the competition. We wish them well.

Comment

lol @ Raoul trying to get The Hurricane to back the other side so his side as a result then becomes a mortal lock

Opr
                                                                                                                Last edited by Opr; 15-09-11, 16:14.

Comment

NOPE T Shirts @ http://www.ojaitaxidermy.comThis commercial was created by YouTubers Rhett and Link (http://youtube.com/rhettandlink) as part of their TV sho...
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

We show you the true stoke. and believe me we are being generous. Light hearted spoof travel show from the midlands.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                                      http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                        Rubin Kazan 8/15 surely great valooo?
                                                                                                                        Have lumped on. Think PP go 4/7

Comment

Anybody eaten in that new burger place on Suffolk Street The Counter, opinions?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X