This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    Any indication that Ireland might be seen as an exception?

Out of interest, how would one work out that the bank shares are implying specifically this?*

*(secretly takes notes for future classes)
    They did it by using current market cap versus book value from the recent stress tests. The difference in valuation they said was due to a probability of writedown of the govt bond assets from the PIIGS countries by the markets in the event they were kicked out of the euro and their bonds were overnight devalued by half. A very crude simplistic method in some ways but the big picture analysis was striking as a result.

They didn't see Ireland as anyway special, it was more a case of if only it is Ireland, Greece and Portugal then it wouldn't cost too much. If Italy and Spain get pushed out then all bets are off.

Meh it's one research firms theory but it resonated with me for some reason....
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Live music is the best entertainment one could ask for

Comment

HELP FROM NFL FANS PLEASE

Right lads with the season starting on Sunday i am looking for some advice. I intend to watch all the Browns games(ye i know) and I'm wondering what is the best way to go about it. Watched them all on atdeh. net last term as i found it the most reliable but as that is now gone i wanna pay for a good quality stream. The pre-season streams were awful and i am willing to pay a few pound.

Would you recommend paying the big bucks for game pass?
        Do Flash SS show the games? Could someone check their schedule for me?

I have a ps3 and i am looking to stream them through this.

Is this possible?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

My parents want some kind of device to hook up to their TV that'll allow them to both connect a hard drive too and watch downloaded movies on AND have a flash enabled browser for watching streams off of websites like liveonlinefooty. Streaming it on the computer and using something like tversity is not an option. Anyone know off hand of anything that'll do this for a price of ~150 euros? Are PS3s anywhere near that price these days if you don't get any extras at all?
          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

weirdest ft ever of a 45man sng,
            there was one huge chip leader everyone else has about 4bbs~. so everyone is waiting for the other guy to get knocked out to try and make the money, monster stack is just open shoving ATC and everyone keeps folding with an odd guy getting lucky evry now and then. i barely scrope over the line with 42 chips left at 800/1600 blinds.
            i then went on to finish 2nd

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
              Right lads with the season starting on Sunday i am looking for some advice. I intend to watch all the Browns games(ye i know) and I'm wondering what is the best way to go about it. Watched them all on atdeh. net last term as i found it the most reliable but as that is now gone i wanna pay for a good quality stream. The pre-season streams were awful and i am willing to pay a few pound.

Is this possible?

Not sure if FSS show all of the games, but atdhe is back now at atdhenet.tv

FSS will have all the Sky Sports running though and ESPN in America, but whether they'll show any extra games I'm not sure. The schedule doesn't have them down for this sunday anyway.
              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I'm guessing that's Niall Smyth still going in the WCOOP, 1k? 32/47.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                  Are PS3s anywhere near that price these days if you don't get any extras at all?
                  Cheapest PS3s are about €210. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Playsta...5432122&sr=8-1
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    Don't think this has been posted.. but it is pretty good

http://www.27bslash6.com/f26a.html
                    Am I the only one who finds that David Thorpe deeply unpleasant and completely unfunny?
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

HELP

Anyone good with Excel or Access able to tell me how to get a list of all 720 permutations of the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 where a number can't be repeated (eg 123456, 234561). I dont care how I get the list but I will be bringing it in to excel or access.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                        Is that Frank Gibney?
                        no-one got my in-bread cat joke
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My parents want some kind of device to hook up to their TV that'll allow them to both connect a hard drive too and watch downloaded movies on AND have a flash enabled browser for watching streams off of websites like liveonlinefooty. Streaming it on the computer and using something like tversity is not an option. Anyone know off hand of anything that'll do this for a price of ~150 euros? Are PS3s anywhere near that price these days if you don't get any extras at all?
                          something like this?
                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                            HELP

Anyone good with Excel or Access able to tell me how to get a list of all 720 permutations of the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 where a number can't be repeated (eg 123456, 234561). I dont care how I get the list but I will be bringing it in to excel or access.

Thanks in advance.
                            This seems a little hackey...

Hi, Recently I was tryinig to work on Permutation Combination keys in excel. The problem I was facing was I had a set of 12 characters and I wanted to know how many combinations of 3 letters can be generated and what are they. I tried using PERMUT, CONCATINATE, etc functions but failed. can someone please help me in this. Problem Example: A B C D E F G H I J K. ABC, ABB, ACC, BAA, BAC, BCC, BBB, CAA, CAB, CCC.........????

Edit: here you go. Though I havent tested this so not my fault if it fucks something up.

We reached out to 154 MVPs and asked them to share their best tips, tricks, and shortcuts. Here's what we got back. Let’s venture into expert territory.
                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Is this possible?

Not sure if FSS show all of the games, but atdhe is back now at atdhenet.tv

FSS will have all the Sky Sports running though and ESPN in America, but whether they'll show any extra games I'm not sure. The schedule doesn't have them down for this sunday anyway.
                              If you got an American VPN could you watch a lot of that stuff on the US Sports stations websites?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                HELP

Thanks in advance.
                                Keane is your man IMO

You may want to make your requirements a little bit clearer
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                  Basically, yes! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll pass it on

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Sorry to hijack Kayroo, we play Tuesdays at 7pm in UCD & looking for players aswell.Normally 80 for 6 months.
                                    Would potentially be interested in this Ciaran but wouldn't be super-reliable...

Comment

Email me details cacera. Will sort it in morning/ mid afternoon/ whenever I surface. IPBname1@gmail.com

Anyone in JP tonight? In the globe at a friends gig, being away from home makes you miss an awful lot! These guys are shocking good now.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        I doubt not getting it was the problem.

Comment

serious 'hold' in a typical i poker hand tonight in ongoing mtt

nice to come out right side

Comment

I wouldnt deign to rob your pun.
                                            Inbred scottish fuckers.
                                            Look at their pet
                                            SPOILER

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                            I doubt not getting it was the problem.
                                            Bad joke writing 101 lesson for DeadParrot:

Jesus you think that is bad, just take a look at their pet:
                                            SPOILER

Don't use the word Inbred as a lead in to the picture

you owe me 3 fiddy!

Comment

Biggest volume day yet, over 200 games. Hoping to ship one of these last couple of tables to land myself in profitville! xD
                                              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Is this possible?

Choose the Game Pass action that gives you coverage of all your team's games. €130 the whole season.
                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                  Bad joke writing 101 lesson for DeadParrot:

Don't use the word Inbred as a lead in to the picture

you owe me 3 fiddy!
                                                  meanwhile, ship the POTD on boards
                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Can any kind soul point me in the direction of a site that would allow me to stream tv shows? Project free tv letting me down on something I'd like to watch. Cheers
                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

One down, two day savers left.

SPOILER
                                                      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 3500/7000 Blinds 700 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t35986)
                                                      MP1 (t66584)
                                                      MP2 (t47512)
                                                      Hero (CO) (t158398)
                                                      Button (t194770)
                                                      SB (t45467)
                                                      BB (t125821)
                                                      UTG (t209462)

Hero's M: 9.84

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, 10
                                                      4 folds, Hero bets t14000, Button calls t14000, 2 folds

Flop: (t44100) 10, 8, 4 (2 players)
                                                      Hero bets t21000, Button calls t21000

Turn: (t86100) K (2 players)
                                                      Hero checks, Button bets t56000, Hero raises to t122698 (All-In), Button calls t66698

River: (t331496) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t331496

Results:
                                                      Button had A, 6 (flush, Ace high).
                                                      Hero had K, 10 (two pair, Kings and tens).
                                                      Outcome: Button won t331496
                                                      Last edited by BrianByrne; 07-09-11, 23:19.
                                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Am I the only one who finds that David Thorpe deeply unpleasant and completely unfunny?
                                                        I had forgot about that guy and didn't click that I had seen his name before. Is he the one that does the email wind ups?

Comment

Anyone fancying a rail, Niall Smyth (IO Winner) is 12/18 in the $1k WCOOP #9, $215k FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                                            I'm guessing that's Niall Smyth still going in the WCOOP, 1k? 32/47.
                                                            Still going, 12/16. Guaranteed 6.8k. Got super lucky rivering a flush with AT vs AK AIPF, other guy flopped trips and all.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

2nd in $8 for just under breakeven, meh.
                                                              Night all
                                                              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Get a funny take on today's popular news, entertainment, lifestyle, and video content -- all written by the people who bring you those funny ecards.

my fav one

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I've just watched a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory and its been really funny, have generally avoided it cos I assumed it was shite. Worth a proper look or have I got lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                    You certainly never said 'two wrongs make a right', but you certainly did reference (repeatedly) the fact that Boyle's actions mirrored Connoly's, as though this should have been a factor in the referee's decision to send Connolly off.

Again, I really don't have a problem with the red card being overturned, but the only part of Boyle's behaviour that is relevant to that discussion is his attempt to con the ref.
                                                                    You still don't get it. It was a series of rhetorical questions, to highlight that the two handed shove should not have been a factor in the sending off, and could be ignored for the purpose of review.
                                                                    Had he approached him and shove him a few times unprovoked before striking him then the shoves are part of the context. But because of Boyles provocation and equal shoves, they can be ignored and the single strike isolated.

The 3 strikes arguement is bollox, and in isolation, the single strike and the faking injury in no way deserves a match ban.

Anyway, the discussion is getting stale. Connelly is playing, the conversation should be focused on the match and the massive hill Dublin have to climb

Comment

Really shit day at plo, lost 1.1k, 7-8 buyins below ev etc etc. This hand kinda sums up my day I think. Guy is the biggest of fish, lost a few buyins to him in really sick spots. This hand was just lol

$0.50/$1 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
                                                                      6 Players
                                                                      Hand Conversion Powered by http://weaktight.com/

Stacks:
                                                                      UTG $303.50
                                                                      UTG+1 $78.60
                                                                      CO $95
                                                                      Hero (BTN) $100
                                                                      SB $40
                                                                      BB $83.30

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is BTN 7 A 9 T
                                                                      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $3, 1 fold, Hero raises to $10.50, 1 fold, BB calls $9.50, UTG+1 calls $7.50

Flop: 5 Q K ($32, 3 players)
                                                                      BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $30.40, BB calls $30.40, UTG+1 folds

Turn: Q ($92.80, 2 players)
                                                                      BB checks, Hero bets $51, BB calls $42.40

River: 2 ($186.20, 2 players)

Final Pot: $186.20
                                                                      Hero shows
                                                                      7 A 9 T
                                                                      BB shows
                                                                      2 5 2 3

BB wins $174.60 (net +$91.30)

Hero collects $8.60 (net -$83.30)
                                                                      UTG+1 lost $10.50

When he snapped I really thought he had at least a Q. like fml, one the of worst/sickest calls I have seen so far playing plo and I still miss over half the deck.

At least shipping the tourney below and a token for the IWF sat on Sunday makes up a bit for it. Maybe I should just stick to tournies

Also tourney below just right after the last break I have over half the chips in play with 3 left and I look down at AA, fucking desktop crashes again. I log back on about 2-3mins later and I am 3-1 down in the HU battle. Still ship it though!!

Comment

For any NFL fans still up Green Bay Packers America's Game is debuting tonight on NFL Network at 2 o'clock.

''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                            One down, two day savers left.

SPOILER
                                                                            PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 3500/7000 Blinds 700 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t35986)
                                                                            MP1 (t66584)
                                                                            MP2 (t47512)
                                                                            Hero (CO) (t158398)
                                                                            Button (t194770)
                                                                            SB (t45467)
                                                                            BB (t125821)
                                                                            UTG (t209462)

Hero's M: 9.84

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, 10
                                                                            4 folds, Hero bets t14000, Button calls t14000, 2 folds

Flop: (t44100) 10, 8, 4 (2 players)
                                                                            Hero bets t21000, Button calls t21000

Turn: (t86100) K (2 players)
                                                                            Hero checks, Button bets t56000, Hero raises to t122698 (All-In), Button calls t66698

River: (t331496) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t331496

Results:
                                                                            Button had A, 6 (flush, Ace high).
                                                                            Hero had K, 10 (two pair, Kings and tens).
                                                                            Outcome: Button won t331496
                                                                            You are being advised to min raise there?
                                                                            Pre flop?
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ran the poker club by myself for the first time tonight.
                                                                              Fooking deadly!

Our monthly game is this Sunday at 6pm if anyone is interested.
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                You are being advised to min raise there?
                                                                                Pre flop?
                                                                                Min raising tends to be optimal for our overall game plan, past the 4th - 5th levels i am usually either shoving or min raising my entire range. in this particular instance we have a 20+ BB stack and should of course have a raise/fold range, we lose less when pushed on by a stack we can't call and often pick up the blinds and antes uncontested.The blinds will often call a wide range to a min raise especially earlier on and in position we can cbet a tonne successfully and take down a larger pot than we would have if we 2.5-3xd it pre and got folds. Not being advised to min here specifically, it just part of our overall strategy. It's kind of a balancing issue too, but that's not so important. Not quite sure whether you are questioning the fact i opened K10 with a min or just the min raise in general. (See below if question was in regards to opening k10.)

SPOILER
                                                                                Our ICM Nash (Optimal) shoving range:

29.1%, 22+ A2s+ A7o+ A5o-A3o K3s+ KTo+ Q8s+ QTo+ J9s+ JTo T9s

Notice it is +EV to Ship it with k10o here, raising however is better.

As the hand played, i made an error in checking the turn, i should have lead the turn and called his raise.
                                                                                Last edited by BrianByrne; 08-09-11, 02:50.
                                                                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

wife has requested that i stay in Dublin this weekend till Monday as she has 'friends' over in my absence...would be happy to oblige as that be FT day of UKIPT and one always obeys wife

time to get some beauty sleep......

Comment

Min raising tends to be optimal for our overall game plan, past the 4th - 5th levels i am usually either shoving or min raising my entire range. in this particular instance we have a 20+ BB stack and should of course have a raise/fold range, we lose less when pushed on by a stack we can't call and often pick up the blinds and antes uncontested.The blinds will often call a wide range to a min raise especially earlier on and in position we can cbet a tonne successfully and take down a larger pot than we would have if we 2.5-3xd it pre and got folds. Not being advised to min here specifically, it just part of our overall strategy. It's kind of a balancing issue too, but that's not so important. Not quite sure whether you are questioning the fact i opened K10 with a min or just the min raise in general. (See below if question was in regards to opening k10.)

SPOILER

As the hand played, i made an error in checking the turn, i should have lead the turn and called his raise.
                                                                                    Nice post. Ye b/c is prob more optimal but you are getting it in regardless nh ul

edit: 200 games is gross btw, wish i could put in that vol. wp
                                                                                    Last edited by Tremolo1; 08-09-11, 03:15.

Comment

200 games at how many players?

Comment

He's grinding 180mans.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                          This seems a little hackey...

Hi, Recently I was tryinig to work on Permutation Combination keys in excel. The problem I was facing was I had a set of 12 characters and I wanted to know how many combinations of 3 letters can be generated and what are they. I tried using PERMUT, CONCATINATE, etc functions but failed. can someone please help me in this. Problem Example: A B C D E F G H I J K. ABC, ABB, ACC, BAA, BAC, BCC, BBB, CAA, CAB, CCC.........????

Edit: here you go. Though I havent tested this so not my fault if it fucks something up.

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip46.htm
                                                                                          Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          Email me details cacera. Will sort it in morning/ mid afternoon/ whenever I surface. IPBname1@gmail.com

Anyone in JP tonight? In the globe at a friends gig, being away from home makes you miss an awful lot! These guys are shocking good now.
                                                                                          This place is the nuts. Thanks BP_Me and Emmet (for the offer). Saved me a ton of work (not work related work ) this morning.

Comment

are there any decent vietnamese places in dublin?
                                                                                            that looks excellent
                                                                                            used to be one in Temple Bar, just behind theCentral Bank, run by an Australian-Vietnamese couple but it closed down a couple of years ago (couldn't understand why as it was always packed)
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

SPOILER

The coaching really seems to be improving your game and theory, congrats..

How much longer will the coaching continue?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                used to be one in Temple Bar, just behind theCentral Bank, run by an Australian-Vietnamese couple but it closed down a couple of years ago (couldn't understand why as it was always packed)
                                                                                                Ugh that's a bit Hanoying alright.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Rant

The Fitz is fucking infuriating.
                                                                                                  Some dickhead cost me 162e in a hand tonight.

I had 3 bet a player pre and she called. On the flop she was all set to check raise my bet allin for 162e on a bluff, had her chips 95% in the pot, some cunt who had being talking non stop about everything and the action shouted out something like 'YEA SHOVE HIM ALLIN', and she pulled back. Thought for 10 seconds and folded and said he put her off and 'made it too obvious'. She was middle aged and wasn't bullshitting. She was also prone to a few slick moves tbf, like check raising with bugger all.

So 162e gone thanks to him. Dealers do not control the game. I find this all over the place tbh, they are usually fine with the mechanics but not with actually controlling the game.

Every night I have been in the Fitz in the last few years (maybe 10 times) there has been some sort of problem(s)/incident(s).

Also there is about 5x anglesshooting and 3x shitty etique and piss taking compared to the Sporting.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 08-09-11, 08:41.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                    Ugh that's a bit Hanoying alright.
                                                                                                    Too many punters Peking through the windows imo
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                      So 162e gone thanks to him. Dealers do not control the game. I find this all over the place tbh, they are usually fine with the mechanics but not with actually controlling the game.
                                                                                                      An awful lot of players have no concept of or interest in decent etiquette. More so with drink on board.

Comment

An awful lot of players have no concept of or interest in decent etiquette. More so with drink on board.
                                                                                                        They aren't incentivised to give a fuck. It's the job of the the dealers/club to do so.

Every night, cards are exposing various times by cunts just not giving a fuck as they fire their cards in while simultaneously making a dash for the 3 card poker table or to go for a cigettte.

Also, this open folding to no bet shit is also utter bullshit and should be stopped.

Comment

My friend and I invented this move when we were 10. Scored manys a wonderful goal in much the same vein.

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                          oh sweet jesus, the internet is a wonderful place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfo8zwYFUo
                                                                                                          Needs more love. You've redeamed yourself after stealing my line earlier.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            Too many punters Peking through the windows imo
                                                                                                            Isn't that China? Are we just dumping all the yellow man into one category now, poor effort

On another note it's good to see BrianByrne has perfected the art of the Ho Chi Minh-raise.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

The Fitz is fucking infuriating.
                                                                                                              Some dickhead cost me 162e in a hand tonight.

I had 3 bet a player pre, she was all set to check raise my bet allin for 162e on a bluff, had her chips 95% in the pot, some cunt who had being talking non stop about everything and the action shouted out something like 'YEA SHOVE HIM ALLIN', and she pulled back. Thought for 10 seconds and folded and said he put her off and 'made it too obvious'. She was middle aged and wasn't bullshitting. She was also prone to a few slick moves tbf, like check raising with bugger all.

Every night I have been in the Fitz in the last few years (maybe 10 times) there has been some sort of problem(s)/incident(s).

Also there is about 5x anglesshooting and 3x shitty etique and piss taking compared to the Sporting.
                                                                                                              It could be worse

Comment

They aren't incentivised to give a fuck. It's the job of the the dealers/club to do so.
                                                                                                                Maybe. But having their peers (the other players) take an active interest would be far more effective.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Maybe. But having their peers (the other players) take an active interest would be far more effective.
                                                                                                                    It would be more effective if the dealers took charge and controlled the table when people were out of line and fucking things up for others in hands. That's part of their job, but they ignore that element.

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                    It could be worse

Fuck you. Give me 162 blaaas.

Comment

Amazing. Kenny Powers becomes CEO of K-Swiss, and enlists the help of Michael Bay, Matt Cassel, Jillian Michaels, MMA Champion Jon "Bones"New video ft. Matt ...

Comment

Fuck you. Give me 162 blaaas.
                                                                                                                        When i come to Dublin,I will bring you a Blaa.1 Blaa.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X