This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Anyway Keane you are just wrong , he wasn't touched the replay there just showed it.
    Did they show a different angle or something? Not watching Sunday Game.

Comment

bah sunday game saying feck all really - is there a site for GAA stats? Id love to see the free count/position of the frees etc

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        "Dont waste my MOTHERRFUCKN TIME"
        Love that scene
        I was coming on to post that

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
          Sleep paralysis, its horrible. Think i just had worst episode ever of it, apparently its in no way dangerous but u just get such a feeling of being glad to be alive afterwards! Anyone else suffer?
          I get it alot if I'm messing around with lucid dreaming, it's always a pretty scary thing. False awakenings happen me more though, I've had that happen in an exes bed too while she wasn't there and my brain seemed to know which bed I was in and it was their bed I kept 'waking up' in, I always thought that was weird for some reason, they're more trippy than scary though.

Originally posted by Zod View Post
          BTW if river do go down I doubt the fans will take it too well.
          This is going to put Vancouver to shame. For a start Vancouver don't share a city with rival fans who absolutely hate their club, total recipe for absolute mayhem in BA today, thought the game was great entertainment though, I truly pity the guy who missed the penalty...
          Last edited by Sledgejammer; 26-06-11, 21:17.
          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            I was lucky to live in Cork for a few years

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              Think there was only supposed to be 2 minutes added time. Ref could have added more time for time spent taking the free alright.

Dublin were value for the win IMO, if it wasn't for the red card they'd have won by 5 or 6 points.

Alan Brogan missed a point from a yard out and had a goal cleared off the line, Dublin were definitely the better team.

Both teams are really, really good though and will be semi-finalists I think.
              lofuckingl are u serious kildare totally outplayed them in the 2nd half ref was terrible for both sides imo shocking display same result as last year though kildare robbed again .
              how come its always the smaller counties that these decisions go against u never hear oh the dubs or cork or even kerry were robbed by the ref i think tbh we have had 1 bit of luck with refs for as long as i can remember and that was geraghtys goal the last day for meath which was completly legit fuck all them refs out of a job and bring in video tech. at least the little man might have a chance then......

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                bah sunday game saying feck all really - is there a site for GAA stats? Id love to see the free count/position of the frees etc
                not yet
                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                  I get it alot if I'm messing around with lucid dreaming, it's always a pretty scary thing. False awakenings happen me more though, I've had that happen in an exes bed too while she wasn't there and my brain seemed to know which bed I was in and it was their bed I kept 'waking up' in, I always thought that was weird for some reason, they're more trippy than scary though.

This is going to put Vancouver to shame. For a start Vancouver don't share a city with rival fans who absolutely hate their club, total recipe for absolute mayhem in BA today, thought the game was great entertainment though, I truly pity the guy who missed the penalty...
                  Sleep paralysis is pretty cool, scary as fk at the time, but its arush.
                  Apparently its where a lot of "Alien Kidnapping" stories come from, and witch visitations back in the day.

I had a really bad one last month, lasted for at least 5 mins and there was such a feeling of dread and of something really bad lurking just out of my sight. Easy to see how people back in the day/gullible people today could attribute it to supernatural causes.

I'd like more if it though cause i'm a sicko. That and more falling dreams. Love them
                  Last edited by Guest; 26-06-11, 21:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                    not yet
                    really.......

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                      lofuckingl are u serious kildare totally outplayed them in the 2nd half ref was terrible for both sides imo shocking display same result as last year though kildare robbed again .
                      how come its always the smaller counties that these decisions go against u never hear oh the dubs or cork or even kerry were robbed by the ref i think tbh we have had 1 bit of luck with refs for as long as i can remember and that was geraghtys goal the last day for meath which was completly legit fuck all them refs out of a job and bring in video tech. at least the little man might have a chance then......
                      Don't think ye outplayed them at all, even if ye did ye outplayed 14 men.

Kildare's forwards weren't good enough IMO, some of the wides were very poor. Dublin had a ball cleared off the line and could have had at least one other goal.

Comment

"Dont waste my MOTHERRFUCKN TIME"
                        Love that scene
                        But my brother. My brother Richard, He in Phoenix.(not watchin now, about 8 months ago is the last time ive watched it for about the 30th time!.

Comment

Moe Syzlak in another epic scene right now

Comment

Don't think ye outplayed them at all, even if ye did ye outplayed 14 men.

Kildare's forwards weren't good enough IMO, some of the wides were very poor. Dublin had a ball cleared off the line and could have had at least one other goal.
                            sure kildare could have had another goal if the ref didnt give a free for nothing when cluxton dropped the ball .. imo if that match today was dublin v kerry the ref would have done his best to get a replay..

Comment

Kildare were the better team today and its quite easily safe to say they were robbed by the ref.

Short story really.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                not yet
                                Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

This guy is the closest I've seen, fascinating insight into the hurling championship. He has devised a system that I've posted down here of analysing GAA matches.
                                We undertook to provide an explanation of the play count system used in this column during the winter break but didn’t deliver. So here goes…

The original reason for developing this system was our view that professional hurling journalists/reporters/pundits tend to focus on individual high-profile incidents in games and to accord too much importance to these individual incidents in explaining the overall trends and results of these games. Thus, the contributions of players who tend not to produce flashy pieces of individual play tend to be ignored, even where these contributions can be very important indeed. A case in point is Jerry O’Connor, whose key role as a linkman between defence and attack in Cork’s All-Ireland winning teams of 2004 and 2005 received scant media recognition.

There are two essential aspects of our play count system i.e. the definition of a play and the assessment of the quality of an individual play. We define as a play any contribution by a player during the course of a game (apart from free pucks) which works to the advantage of that player’s team. Under this definition, a play does not require that the ball itself should be struck, as a play can include hooks, blocks and tackles where no contact is made with the ball. . Our definition excludes situations such as “schemozzles” where a player may make contact with the ball, but to no clear benefit to his team.

Our play count system excludes free pucks (frees, sidelines and puckouts) as the system’s primary objective is to identify the extent to which different players make things happen in general play. Of course, good puckouts, good free-taking and good sideline cuts (especially those which yield scores) can be a crucial factor in the outcome of games, but these contributions can be included as additional elements in our overall assessment of games. Our play count system is but one component (albeit an important one) in these assessments.

Clearly, a short handpass in midfield or a flick which moves the ball on a few yards does not have the same value to a team as a superb goal such as was scored by Wayne McNamara for Limerick against Waterford last Sunday. We therefore needed to devise a grading system which could distinguish between the quality of plays. After some experimentation, we have developed a grading system involving five levels or categories, ranging from basic (one point) through routine (two points), good (three points), excellent (four points) to superb (five points).

Allocating plays to one of these categories involves an element of subjective judgement, but we have identified typical types of play appropriate to each, as follows.

Basic play
                                • Where a player gains possession not under pressure (this in itself is seen as working to the advantage of the player’s team) but fails to play to his team’s advantage (e.g. short handpass to colleague in no better position, puck straight to opposing player or out of play)
                                • Undirected flick/pull/kick which moves ball on a short distance but does not constitute a pass and does not serve to avert a dangerous situation.
                                • Undirected block/knockdown (not under pressure)
                                • Bad miss (e.g. wide from within 45m in front of goal under no pressure, shot that goes wide from impossible position under pressure, shot from out the field which goes well wide, poor attempt to convert goal chance)

Routine play:
                                • Player is fouled in non-threatening situation and/or having gained possession without pressure
                                • Player gains possession under pressure but fails to play to team’s advantage
                                • Ball comes to player on his own and is dealt with competently
                                • Routine handpass to player in better position
                                • Hook/block/tackle at close quarters
                                • Undirected flick/pull/kick which moves ball on a decent distance but does not constitute a pass
                                • Undirected block/knockdown (under moderate pressure)
                                • Point from in front of goal within 45 metres, no pressure
                                • Soft goal (mishit shot, tap in, ball comes to unmarked forward inside large square via defensive error)
                                • Narrow wide from difficult position or under pressure
                                • Shot for goal which is saved competently by goalkeeper
                                • Competent save from shot by opposing player

Good play
                                • Player is fouled in threatening situation and/or having gained possession under pressure
                                • Good or well-directed puck
                                • Telling handpass
                                • Good support play leading to open possession
                                • Well-executed hook/block/tackle.
                                • Undirected block/knockdown (under heavy pressure)
                                • Directed block/flick/kick/knockdown which goes to team mate or clears lines
                                • Creating direct scoring chance for another player in a better position
                                • Point from in front of goal 45-65 metres no pressure
                                • Point from in front of goal within 45 metres under pressure
                                • Point from wing within 45 metres no pressure
                                • Good goal
                                • Shot for goal which is well saved by goalkeeper

Excellent play
                                • Combination of good plays
                                • Point from near end line no pressure
                                • Point from wing within 45 metres under pressure
                                • Point from in front of goal 45-65 metres under pressure
                                • Point from outside 65 metres, no pressure
                                • Hook, block or tackle which averts a very dangerous situation
                                • Any other play considered to be superior to a “good” play, but not as good as a “superb” play.

Superb play
                                • Combination of good/excellent plays
                                • Point from near end line under pressure
                                • Point from wing outside 45 metres under pressure
                                • Point from outside 65 metres, under pressure
                                • Any other play of exceptionally high quality

Predictably, the most common type of play is the Routine play, normally followed by Good plays, then Basic plays. Few plays earn the Excellent tag, and very few come under the Superb heading.

Comment

Moe Syzlak in another epic scene right now
                                  Shoot out soon woo hoo

Comment

Originally posted by flahavaj View Post
                                    Yep he's great, been following him on AFR for the last few years and now his new site

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                      Kildare were the better team today and its quite easily safe to say they were robbed by the ref.

Short story really.
                                      This is incorrect.

Comment

In 80 minutes of football in 2009 and 2011 where Kildare have had 15 men to Dublin's 14 you've outscored us by 2 points I think.

Kildare didn't outplay Dublin in the 2nd half, that's just ridiculous to say. They exploited a really excellent advantage well but still managed to be 4 points off the pace with 90 seconds left and it took a really good goal to get them close enough to claim they were robbed. With 3 minutes left Dublin actually looked like they had a comfortable cushion.

Kildare should feel hard done by but, to be fair, Dublin with 15 on the field would have cruised past Kildare in the 2nd half AINEC.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Short story really.
                                          Foreign cinema is addling your brain. Genuinely starting to think you're on some sort of massive level. Dublin were MUCH better in the 1st half and, on balance, better over the full 70.

Let me put it to you this way. If Kildare had been reduced to 14 men do you think the game would have come down to 1 point?

Comment

Can't wait for the Copa America to start. Really suffering from quality football withdrawl syndrome... Chile v Uruguay def the pick of the group stage games, has the makings of a classic.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Only stats the media are interested in is the amount of wides. That get lots of indepth discussion.

And the crucially important 'amount of times the sides are level' from Marty.
                                              He records that on an abacus that he brings to the game with him.
                                              "And the sides are LEVEL, for the FIFTH time".

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                Only stats the media are interested in is the amount of wides. That get lots of indepth discussion.

And the crucially important 'amount of times the sides are level' from Marty.
                                                He records that on an abacus that he brings to the game with him.
                                                "And the sides are LEVEL, for the FIFTH time".
                                                You're obv leveling with that thread on the GAA forum of the other place?

Comment

Thought the same thing myself.

Comment

the only thing the panel have to say about the Meath game is the cynical fouling.

what a crock of shit you anti Meath cnuts

Comment

When's the Championship season get started in Dublin?

I'm only two or three Luas stops up the road from Kilmacud, would love to take in a few games...
                                                      If your planning on going to a crokes game get off at stillorgan (if in glynalbum *shocking spelling btw) or bewleys lepardstown if the game is on in silverpark which i'm 80% sure is where the seniors now play. I'll keep you informed when they are at I've not been to a crokes game in years and should go and support them tbo.

Comment

Kind of levelling, in the sense that I knew it would get no support and would give them all a few thankswhoring lolportunities.

Kind of serious, occured to me yesterday during some game when PlayerA nailed a shot at goal but hit the crossbar, Player B grotesquely mishit a shot at goal but got a jammy point. And got me wondering why the crossbar counts as zero but the rest of the goal from ground level to 200 foot in the air counts as either one or three points.

Giddy mood, might start one later about why keepers don't stand on the crossbar when the sides are level in injury time and the opposition have a 45.

Comment

Just deposited a chunk on stars to have a go at grinding mtts starting from tomorrow. I'm sure will be busto by end of the week

Greatest scene ever...

Comment

Giddy mood, might start one later about why keepers don't stand on the crossbar when the sides are level in injury time and the opposition have a 45.
                                                            LOL just LOL. Please do, that would be great

Comment

In 80 minutes of football in 2009 and 2011 where Kildare have had 15 men to Dublin's 14 you've outscored us by 2 points I think.

Kildare didn't outplay Dublin in the 2nd half, that's just ridiculous to say. They exploited a really excellent advantage well but still managed to be 4 points off the pace with 90 seconds left and it took a really good goal to get them close enough to claim they were robbed. With 3 minutes left Dublin actually looked like they had a comfortable cushion.

Kildare should feel hard done by but, to be fair, Dublin with 15 on the field would have cruised past Kildare in the 2nd half AINEC.
                                                              how can u say u would have cruised past us in the 2nd half with 15 men when that didnt happen fact is dubs had 14 men ifs and buts dont matter if u think kildare didnt outplay them in the 2nd half u obv werent watching the game everyone else was comon man ur joking right . a game is 70 mins to claim that just because we got the goal was the reason we were robbed is stupid what abt the frees dublin got when cluxton dropped the ball , ye man clearly pushed bolton over the sideline ,when ronan sweeney made a fair tackle on a defender and when dublin got a free because 3 men just crowded around a defender seriously man watch the game again and this time open ur eyes .

Comment

Kind of levelling, in the sense that I knew it would get no support and would give them all a few thankswhoring lolportunities.

Kind of serious, occured to me yesterday during some game when PlayerA nailed a shot at goal but hit the crossbar, Player B grotesquely mishit a shot at goal but got a jammy point. And got me wondering why the crossbar counts as zero but the rest of the goal from ground level to 200 foot in the air counts as either one or three points.

Actually sometimes I wondered if a team had a distant free dropping over why they didnt lift the keeper like the do in the rugby line outs

Comment

Hitch, I had a scout of those apartments from the vantage point of Burrow Beach this evening. I suggest an immediate spin up. That spot tonight was absolutely idyllic.

Comment

Greatest shootout of all time. Film 4. Now

Comment

Is it safe to read yet?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                        Can't wait for the Copa America to start. Really suffering from quality football withdrawl syndrome... Chile v Uruguay def the pick of the group stage games, has the makings of a classic.
                                                                        When does this start? nvm 1st July
                                                                        Last edited by ghostface; 26-06-11, 22:03.

Comment

how can u say u would have cruised past us in the 2nd half with 15 men when that didnt happen
                                                                          We were MILES better than Kildare in the 1st half. Even with 14 men we got in behind your full back line 3 times in the 2nd half. Nobody is saying the referee was anything but abysmal but you missed 4 frees. We missed none. Our conversion rate, I would estimate, was over 85% while yours could not have been within ten percent of that.

Most damningly was that even with 15 men Dublin never looked overrun. We solidified the half backs, Conlan was immense in the full back line too. Apart from midfield where was there a Kildare player who was better than his Dublin counterpart? Maybe at full back admittedly but that would be it. Flynn was criminally overlooked for man of the match. Dublin could easily have had 2 more goals bar one good piece of defending and one awful piece of refereeing.

Dublin have played Kildare twice with 14 men for significant stretches in 2 years and haven't lost. Who are the better team?

Comment

LOL
                                                                            The way the Dublin fans go on as if they were playing with a handicap being down to 14.

It was Dublin's choice to play an utter Knacker and try to use his dirty play to disrupt Kildare's skillful players in order to help Dublin win the game. That he is incapable of playing Football and gets himself sent off is not something that reflects on Kildare and is not some advantage that was bestowed on Kildare by an act of benevolence from the referee.
                                                                            It was a choice from Dublins management to play for part of the game with 14 men because it never a question of would O'Gara be sent off it was only ever a question of when.

Why do you think the Referee awarded the free at the end?
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Foreign cinema is addling your brain. Genuinely starting to think you're on some sort of massive level. Dublin were MUCH better in the 1st half and, on balance, better over the full 70.

Let me put it to you this way. If Kildare had been reduced to 14 men do you think the game would have come down to 1 point?
                                                                              Oh gway FFS with the Foreign Cinema shit.

Kildare were the better team. And as already mentioned, it was Dublins own fault for playing a scumbag.

Kildare were robbed by the referee. Of course you are going to disagree because your a Dublin fan. I'm neutral and really like Dublin, and hope they do well in the hurling too.

Kildare were the better team today though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                LOL

It was Dublin's choice to play an utter Knacker and try to use his dirty play to disrupt Kildare's skillful players in order to help Dublin win the game.
                                                                                He's not a knacker, he just doesn't seem to have a football brain at all. Kayroo do you know how long he has been playing ball for? He seems to me like someone who may have taken it up late in life. Meh i suppose could use google

Comment

everytime i watch it i forget the shootout is only 2/3 the way in ,not the end.

Comment

Oh gway FFS with the Foreign Cinema shit.

Kildare were the better team. And as already mentioned, it was Dublins own fault for playing a scumbag.

Kildare were robbed by the referee. Of course you are going to disagree because your a Dublin fan. I'm neutral and really like Dublin, and hope they do well in the hurling too.

Kildare were the better team today though.
                                                                                    Kildare were robbed of a draw at the end yes, Kildare were not the better team. I expect to see both in the semi's this year dependent on the draw

Comment

everytime i watch it i forget the shootout is only 2/3 the way in ,not the end.
                                                                                      And I always get nervous Pacino shoots the kid!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                        He's not a knacker, he just doesn't seem to have a football brain at all. Kayroo do you know how long he has been playing ball for? He seems to me like someone who may have taken it up late in life. Meh i suppose could use google
                                                                                        He does give this impression alright, he's a pure battering ram physically but appears to have no basic footballing instincts.

Comment

He came on as a sub in 2010 against Wexford. Im sure that was his first Inter-County appearance.

Comment

If kildare can stop Dublin scoring goals today they will win and are a cracking bet at 3/1

Wexford -6 yes please

Avoid Galway v Mayo

Donegal for a small punt
                                                                                            you can't fold 10s pre so I'm not listening to you

Can't see Donegal scoring well enough, galway/mayo is a flip. I don't get Gilroys obsession with O' Gara, chap is a horrible footballer who is just in there cos he is a big chap
                                                                                            Wouldn't touch Donegal for a bet. They are the definition of a flatter to deceive team.
                                                                                            Go fucking Donegal, for SAM imo!!!

Comment

back from the match...just read up on thoughts on the match, thought the referee was very poor obviously, giving both dublin and kildare easy frees and generally not letting the game flow, dublin were defo the better team in 1st half and kildare came back well, easy sending off despite your man already being on a yellow, just dangerous play, dublin were no doubt better on the day.....but kildare clawed back and put in a battling performance but should have put them away with 14 men, inadequate distribution of the ball, poor shot selection and lack of attacking options into the forward line seemed to be the theme of the day of kildare, but to have a leinster final decided the way it was and what the free was given for(after watching replays as well) was a bit of a joke imo
                                                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

He's been playing since he was 9

Comment

Don't why all the fuss over Dublin/Kildare. Mute point at the end of the day as both teams would be crushed by Cork or Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                    He's been playing since he was 9
                                                                                                    Yeah, I have been playing since I am 6. Would I be ready for Inter-Country hurling/football? No.

Big difference. He doesnt have the skill to be an inter-county player IMO.

Comment

Well I suppose in fairness to him he's no Ciaran Whelan but I'm sure that given time ...
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                        Don't why all the fuss over Dublin/Kildare. Mute point at the end of the day as both teams would be crushed by Cork or Kerry.
                                                                                                        Heh-heh

Very true.

Comment

Yeah, I have been playing since I am 6. Would I be ready for Inter-Country hurling/football? No.

Big difference. He doesnt have the skill to be an inter-county player IMO.
                                                                                                          I was answering the question ghostface ste asked.

Chill the beans, you're so quick to react to everything its like you've got a hamster wheel on your back winding you up.

Comment

Lol at this nonsense. Dublin and Cork's last two properly competitive games were both nail biters that Dublin let slip away and Cork ruthlessly took when the chance presented itself. Crushed? GTFO

Comment

fuckoff will ye nothing to do with that .. suppose sure cos the way always do just a check but kildare kerry are 1-1 in championship games since 98 and cork narrowly beat us a few years ago in the quals

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                I was answering the question ghostface ste asked.

Chill the beans, you're so quick to react to everything its like you've got a hamster wheel on your back winding you up.
                                                                                                                With the shit I usually get on here I have a right too tbh

I wasnt having a go either, I just think that hes not cut out to be playing inter-county.

Comment

ABD sure

Comment

GAA talk is even more tilting than football.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Because a large enough proportion of posters are from Dublin obv, a few from Kildare, and then a few Dublin haters thrown in too. Like if that bad refereeing decisions was in the Donegal v Tyrone game today it wouldn't have got 1/10th of the attention from that third special group.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                        GAA talk is even more tilting than football.
                                                                                                                        What you on about, just gotta say FU!!

Comment

Lol at this nonsense. Dublin and Cork's last two properly competitive games were both nail biters that Dublin let slip away and Cork ruthlessly took when the chance presented itself. Crushed? GTFO
                                                                                                                          I think Cork have improved from last year and the league is never a great way to judge. I'd give Cork 4+ point advantage over Dublin, and possibly more. Add in Dublin being complete bottlers and it just tips the balane more in favour of the Munster teams.

fuckoff will ye nothing to do with that .. suppose sure cos the way always do just a check but kildare kerry are 1-1 in championship games since 98 and cork narrowly beat us a few years ago in the quals
                                                                                                                          Cork are alot better then a few years ago though, Kildare aren't even as good as Dublin imo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X