This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zhirkov out, Lukaku in at Chelsea.

Yet another forward, we need wingers and link men!!!

Aston villa wont be great this year so given/young in the backs is prob not a good idea.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      Any thoughts on my current FF team. I'm not in our league so advice won't be cutting your own throat (sorry Emmet).

I haven't finalised my team yet, still waiting for Liverpool to sign Hazard but Drogba isn't looking like value for the price. I'd rather find a place for Suarez, I had him after he signed for Liverpool and was a very consistent points scorer, gonna get plenty of assists/goals and bonus points.

I wouldn't be too keen on Given or Young, I think Villa will struggle this season and you need some solid 6 point clean sheets from your keepers and defence.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
        I see stuff like this and wonder at what point my motivation and drive was sucked out of me.

Clicked on you photography link, some cool pics, hobby or more?

Playing much poker these days?
        I'll be doing a diploma in Advanced photography in Sept, so I'm trying to squeeze in a bit of poker over the summer. Gonna play the Macau ME in two weeks for sure.

I get a few paid gigs photographing triathlons and Marathons around the country. I do a few unpaid gigs then for friends. Just trying to get a feel for all types of photography really. So far photographing pretty girls is my favourite.

I'd like to make it into career but the market is pretty saturated. I'll keep the head down come Sept and play it by ear for now.

Working on a few side projects too - one is 'Empty Limerick'. Hope to get it finished before college starts. Will try get a link up then.

You playing at all?
        eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by EARMUFFS View Post
          What was noticeable for me so far in the QFS was hunger/fitness has won out when it came to crunch time in matches.
          I think that Dublin might have Tyrones number on this one. In previous years i would have always backed Tyrone in these games but they haven't been playing well. Longford ran them closer than they should have as did Roscommon. Now of course they have a goal threat that can come from anywhere but Dublins defense so far haven't been giving up goals. The Armagh game was a strange one in that Donnelly and Harte had acres of space and surely the Dublin mgt have cottoned on to that and can counteract it with the zonal marking they use.
          Looking forward to watching it as a neutral...
          Just back from this and found it a strange one. Cahill was MOTM with Brennan O'Carroll shining in the backs. Connolly was a constant threat and Brogans were excellent but.....

Tyrone were poor. Donegal will not allow the space that the Dub ff line had and why Tyrone didnt post a ger brennan type in front of the FB line to stop the delivery in there was what stumped me. Some great scores but a bit of a non contest to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
            This is highly excellent:

Leave it to the Dutch to turn a playground feature into public-transit innovation. Next time you're tripping down a set of dirty, crowded subway stairs in your city, just remember that there's a better way. The Dutch are calling it a “transit accelerator.”

Dutch win at public transport clearly
            this ones more apt for our resident lottery experts

In the Boston Globe, Andrea Estes and Scott Allen write about how people have been taking advantage of a statistical quirk in the rules of an obscure Massachusetts Lottery game called Cash WinFall. A Michigan couple in their 70s, Marjorie and Gerald Selbee, spent three days buying more than $600,000 in Cash WinFall tickets from two convenience stores in Sunderland, Mass. Their timing was purposeful: For a few days about every three months, Cash WinFall may be the most reliably lucrative lottery game in the country. Because of a quirk in the rules, when the jackpot reaches roughly $2 million and no one wins, payoffs for smaller prizes swell dramatically, which statisticians say practically assures a profit to anyone who buys at least $100,000 worth of tickets. During these brief periods - “rolldown weeks’’ in gambling parlance - a tiny group of savvy bettors, among them highly trained computer scientists from MIT and Northeastern University, virtually take over the game. Just three groups, including the Selbees, claimed 1,105 of the 1,605 winning Cash WinFall tickets statewide after the rolldown week in May, according to lottery records. They also appear to have purchased about half the tickets, based on reports from the stores that the top gamblers frequent most.

Comment

unknown is a great movie.
              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                I'll be doing a diploma in Advanced photography in Sept, so I'm trying to squeeze in a bit of poker over the summer. Gonna play the Macau ME in two weeks for sure.

I get a few paid gigs photographing triathlons and Marathons around the country. I do a few unpaid gigs then for friends. Just trying to get a feel for all types of photography really. So far photographing pretty girls is my favourite.

I'd like to make it into career but the market is pretty saturated. I'll keep the head down come Sept and play it by ear for now.

Working on a few side projects too - one is 'Empty Limerick'. Hope to get it finished before college starts. Will try get a link up then.

You playing at all?
                Good luck with it my man, i'd forgotten about the Macau game, I might make an effort to get to it and you can buy me a beer.

Yeah, playing all the time, grinding mtts online, 2011 hasn't been kind though.
                Have only played one live game this year, the jp masters. Managed to cash so prob should play live more!

Comment

emmet, no matter what you think there is nothing you could have done to prevent this.

And I don't know if this is a comfort or not, but if that guy really wanted to die, he'd be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                    Fo realsies?

Saw it in the cinema, thought it was a hilariously cringgy piss poor version of Taken.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Muse were incredible last night, comfortably exceeded pretty high expectations. Eminem later tonight.

Comment

sure is.

lacks some Liam Neeson imo.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                          Fo realsies?

Saw it in the cinema, thought it was a hilariously cringgy piss poor version of Taken.
                          It's no oscar winner, and it's certainly no Taken, but it's decent enough for what it is.

Comment

I lol'ed in the cinema when they said Liam Neeson's character was 45 or 47 or something.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

And I don't know if this is a comfort or not, but if that guy really wanted to die, he'd be dead.
                              Not necessarily.

Best thread on 2p2 - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34...bridge-462466/

Comment

didn't even notice that.

Comment

Two police cars have been set on fire in north London following a protest over the fatal shooting of a young father by police.

Comment

You playing at all?
                                    Some nice pics there on your site !

Would love to see some of your "Empty Limerick" shots.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                      defence is good.

Id probably get rid of Drogba and Carroll for Suarez and a cheaper option. Rodallega/ K. Davies/ Holt.

Id definitely upgrade the midfield a bit with the money saved. Maybe Yaya for Sinclair.
                                      There's a doubt about Suarez starting the season. COPA America players are a bad choice I think. He shouldn't be fit.

My midfield looks dodgy in respect of not having big midfielders from big teams. I went with the "not really a midfielder" gambit. Sinclair scored 27 goals last season, 19 in the league as he plays in a 4-3-3 as one of the ones up top.

I believe Sessegnon is going to continue where he finished last season as a striker for Sunderland. And Taarabt is essentially a forward.

I only put Drogba in today. I want Aguero and Hernandez but neither will be starting the season so Drogs came in because Chelsea have a ridiculously easy run of games at the start and he has been in good form pre-season I believe.

Odemwinge would be my choice for a cheaper striker. But I don't know much about Holt.

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                      I wouldn't be too keen on Given or Young, I think Villa will struggle this season and you need some solid 6 point clean sheets from your keepers and defence.
                                      It's a risk alright. My thinking is that McLeish is an extremely defensive coach so I'm taking a punt. May well not pay off.

I should mention that FF for me is weighted 70:30 - 70% of it is to give me an interest in watching the top teams and 30% trying to do well in my league (I'm usually in the top 3), so I include attacking players from the top 5. I don't pick Spurs players because I'm already interested in watching them. But VdV and Bale should be in everyone's team imo. VDV is not a midfielder and will score a lot this season, and Bale is fully fit for 1st time since last Christmas.

I kicked Adam out this afternoon but I think he'll do well.

Anyone else fancy posting their teams?

Comment

Am i the only one that hates the new FF graphics etc,

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          Some nice pics there on your site !

Would love to see some of your "Empty Limerick" shots.
                                          Cheers. Will let you know when it's done.
                                          eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Five stars for effort.

http://vimeo.com/27246366
                                            That's pretty good dude.

Defo gonna try and get my head around some concepts with the photos, have this PDF which I should read but haven't gotten to yet and have a book for Lightroom that I wanna try and get a good grasp on for doing the post processing.

Anything you would recommend to read?

You must of had too much Dutch Gold its not very good at all.
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                              That's pretty good dude.

Defo gonna try and get my head around some concepts with the photos, have this PDF which I should read but haven't gotten to yet and have a book for Lightroom that I wanna try and get a good grasp on for doing the post processing.

Just settling down for the final 2 ep of season 7 Danny.

I have really grown to the Dutch boy/Claudette relationship, they really are 2 of the better actors on the show.

Anyways....all good things come to an end....i waited about 2 weeks to watch the last 2 of The Sopranos...didnt want it to end...
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Yeah, tear into that book. Its the nuts.

This site, and for certain types of shots here's some good tips.
                                                Last edited by UraiseIfold; 06-08-11, 22:27. Reason: Broken link
                                                eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                  Just settling down for the final 2 ep of season 7 Danny.

I have really grown to the Dutch boy/Claudette relationship, they really are 2 of the better actors on the show.

Anyways....all good things come to an end....i waited about 2 weeks to watch the last 2 of The Sopranos...didnt want it to end...
                                                  Enjoy it man

Dutch is a great character not the biggest fan of Claudette but they do work great together, Billings is such a snivelling fucker your man plays it so well.

So many good characters so many good story lines.

Comment

It's not as good as taken but it's pretty decent.

Comment

Incredible u20 game between Spain and Australia. 5-1 and only 32 minutes gone

Opr

Comment

Yeah, tear into that book. Its the nuts.

This site, and for certain types of shots here's some good tips.
                                                        Cheers man appreciate it, remember that site you recommended if before but when I switched operating systems I lost the link.

Would definitely love to able to know a lot more of the basics and just try and grow my knowledge, long way off from calling myself a photographer but can say I do enjoy the hobby.

Comment

Didn't see all the Dublin game but I did see the Ulster Final.

The Dublin Hype machine => free money when Donegal go off at > 4.5 in a game they will probably win.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's not as good as taken but it's pretty decent.
                                                            It's defo not decent imo.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              There's a doubt about Suarez starting the season. COPA America players are a bad choice I think. He shouldn't be fit.

My midfield looks dodgy in respect of not having big midfielders from big teams. I went with the "not really a midfielder" gambit. Sinclair scored 27 goals last season, 19 in the league as he plays in a 4-3-3 as one of the ones up top.

I believe Sessegnon is going to continue where he finished last season as a striker for Sunderland. And Taarabt is essentially a forward.

I only put Drogba in today. I want Aguero and Hernandez but neither will be starting the season so Drogs came in because Chelsea have a ridiculously easy run of games at the start and he has been in good form pre-season I believe.

Odemwinge would be my choice for a cheaper striker. But I don't know much about Holt.

It's a risk alright. My thinking is that McLeish is an extremely defensive coach so I'm taking a punt. May well not pay off.

I should mention that FF for me is weighted 70:30 - 70% of it is to give me an interest in watching the top teams and 30% trying to do well in my league (I'm usually in the top 3), so I include attacking players from the top 5. I don't pick Spurs players because I'm already interested in watching them. But VdV and Bale should be in everyone's team imo. VDV is not a midfielder and will score a lot this season, and Bale is fully fit for 1st time since last Christmas.

I kicked Adam out this afternoon but I think he'll do well.

Anyone else fancy posting their teams?
                                                              Suarez has only had 2 weeks off, and is returning to training on Monday. He will be in the squad if not a starter on the first weekend, and will play the second game.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                Incredible u20 game between Spain and Australia. 5-1 and only 32 minutes gone

Opr
                                                                Thanks Overly Protective Raccoon.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Opr, I saw you pimping flashsportsstreams in the other place. Have you ever been on liveonlinefooty? How do the streams compare? On the face of it it seems like a much better service, especially for me as I'll soon be out of the country and the constant streaming of the major sports channels would be fantastic, so why do people use lof over it? Is it just that it's slightly cheaper?
                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Current draft, probable changes to strikeforce to come.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

It's defo not decent imo.
                                                                      go watch big Lebowski and then get back to me

Comment

Yeah, tear into that book. Its the nuts..
                                                                        calling that book the nuts is like saying harrington on hold em is the nuts when it comes to tournament poker. it's a great place to start, but definitely not "the nuts".

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Didn't see all the Dublin game but I did see the Ulster Final.

The Dublin Hype machine => free money when Donegal go off at > 4.5 in a game they will probably win.
                                                                          Inspiral Carpets This is how it Feels Sheffield Leadmill 14/08/06

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                            they sold me a prepay package based on a lie/error that I could buy a significant data bundle each month, but they only offer a 700mb add on. deal was top up by €20 a month, get a bonus €20, and buy 15gb with that €20. doesnt exist. complained, they offered me €20 credit. took my complaint to comreg, they've now come back to me offering me a net dongle with €60 credit on it. I'm gonna counter offer €80 onto my phone, and let that be it.
                                                                            Ive been doing well lately left o2 to join vodafone. O2 offer me a few weeks later £80 and when i top up by 20 i get 20 extra for a year minus 10 for internet usage if i came back.

Then vodafone a few weeks after offer me £80 and when i top up by 20 i get 10 free and includes my internet if i come back which i did.

Just waiting for 02 to come crawling again.

Gf then rang up vodafone complaining about why they dont take more care of there current customers and she gets free 40.

I ring up the next day for her brother and get him a free 20.
                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just watching Con Air.. What a movie! Could not be any cheesier! Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                Opr, I saw you pimping flashsportsstreams in the other place. Have you ever been on liveonlinefooty? How do the streams compare? On the face of it it seems like a much better service, especially for me as I'll soon be out of the country and the constant streaming of the major sports channels would be fantastic, so why do people use lof over it? Is it just that it's slightly cheaper?
                                                                                Would be interested in answers to this myself. I have never used liveonlinefooty but other people who have seem to think they are both of comparable quality so why you would choose it over FSP I don't get. FSP covers far far more and then you obviously have all the 24/7 streaming channels you don't get with LOF.

It may have been the pricing as if you are doing it on a per month basis its £6 with FSP as opposed to £3 with LOF but if you buy a season ticket FSP only works out £5 more for the 10 months.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  calling that book the nuts is like saying harrington on hold em is the nuts when it comes to tournament poker. it's a great place to start, but definitely not "the nuts".
                                                                                  Its pretty damn good. Will suit Danny perfectly.

What would you recommend for an intermediate photographer?
                                                                                  eoghanlyons.com

Comment

"How much memory have you got on that thing? " lol
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                      Would be interested in answers to this myself. I have never used liveonlinefooty but other people who have seem to think they are both of comparable quality so why you would choose it over FSP I don't get. FSP covers far far more and then you obviously have all the 24/7 streaming channels you don't get with LOF.

It may have been the pricing as if you are doing it on a per month basis its £6 with FSP as opposed to £3 with LOF but if you buy a season ticket FSP only works out £5 more for the 10 months.

Opr
                                                                                      I already have sky sports and espn, so I just use LOF for any games not on them, and it has all the PL matches, so it suits me brilliantly. It also has some PPV stuff as well like boxing and so on. With my current sports channels it compliments it perfectly. If I didn't have sky sports already I'd probably go for FSS, but at the moment, despite the good quality, I have no intention of replacing sky sports with streaming full time.

Comment

Does FSS show football that isn't on TV, like 3pm premiership games, and things like box office ppv stuff, OPR? If so I'll definitely be signing up once I leave the country alright.
                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Is Submarine any good? I have a few films that I haven't watched and I'm thinking of putting one of them on. IMDB says it's decent.

Comment

Not very origionel but an epic tune all the same.

Coldplay - Viva La Vida is taken from the album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends released in 2008 (hear the album at https://smarturl.it/coldplayviv...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              Is Submarine any good? I have a few films that I haven't watched and I'm thinking of putting one of them on. IMDB says it's decent.
                                                                                              I loved it, it's the kind of film I could see alot of people not liking, though, and I wouldn't know enough about your taste to recommend it. I think within the first ten/fifteen minutes you'll know if it's worth sticking with or not, I thought it was fantastic though

Comment

Not very origionel but an epic tune.

Coldplay - Viva La Vida is taken from the album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends released in 2008 (hear the album at https://smarturl.it/coldplayviv...

My spelling leaves alot to be desired after loads of tyskie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                  Does FSS show football that isn't on TV, like 3pm premiership games, and things like box office ppv stuff, OPR? If so I'll definitely be signing up once I leave the country alright.
                                                                                                  They show all box office PPV stuff. Yeah they do show 3pm games depending on which ones are being shown on overseas channels. I know they are showing the Liverpool - Sunderland game next Saturday at 3pm.

On top of the 24/7 channels they also had extra streams for these today. I mean its fairly quiet sports wise at the moment but on a busy Saturday they have a list of stuff with everything from Rugby to Cricket.

12:00 AM - 01:00 AM
                                                                                                  FOOTBALL - Uruguay U20 v Cameroon U20 11PM (VIP30)
                                                                                                  02:00 AM - 04:00 AM
                                                                                                  BOXING - ESPN Friday Night Fights 2AM (VIP26)
                                                                                                  02:00 AM - 04:00 AM
                                                                                                  FOOTBALL - Colombia U20 v South Korea U20 2AM (VIP30)
                                                                                                  12:30 PM - 02:30 PM
                                                                                                  FOOTBALL - AC Milan v Inter Milan 12:45PM (VIP6)
                                                                                                  02:30 PM - 05:30 PM
                                                                                                  ARL - Port Adelaide v Collingwood 2:45PM (VIP6)
                                                                                                  03:00 PM - 05:00 PM
                                                                                                  FOOTBALL - Rangers v Chelsea 3pm (VIP21)
                                                                                                  05:00 PM - 07:00 PM
                                                                                                  FOOTBALL - Liverpool v Valencia 5PM (VIP6)
                                                                                                  08:00 PM - 10:00 PM
                                                                                                  FOOTBALL - Benfica v Arsenal 8PM (VIP6)
                                                                                                  09:30 PM - 11:30 PM
                                                                                                  MMA - Alex Reid v Jason Barret LIVE 9.30pm
                                                                                                  Opr

Comment

Anyone looking for an enjoyable and visually stunning film, I recommend The Fall.

Nothing quite like it, with little to no CGI used.

eoghanlyons.com

Comment

It's always sunny in philadelphia really is a fantastic comedy.

Comment

Loved The Fall. Beautiful film.

Opr

Comment

Anyone looking for an enjoyable and visually stunning film, I recommend The Fall.

Nothing quite like it, with little to no CGI used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0LYcCoeJY
                                                                                                          I loved it. All the emotions are in it! Worth getting a kick ass tv for.
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Its pretty damn good. Will suit Danny perfectly.

What would you recommend for an intermediate photographer?
                                                                                                            like i said, it's a great place to start.

way too drunk right now to give a more in depth answer, but in photography like in poker, i'm average at best. i just have read up on the subject a lot more than i should have considering the level that i'm at.

Comment

Think I was drinking in the same establishment as C Kid tonight

Either that, or it was his double

[x] stalkerish tendancies
                                                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

So thats that, finished The Shield.

Highly recomend it, i blazed though it, 7 seasons in a month.

Spoilers, dont read please less you seen it.
                                                                                                                SPOILER

Vic..we knew from the first episode we were dealing with someone that meant buisness, dont cross Vic mackey ! All well and good but as it progressed we saw a side to him, a family side, doing the right thing side...even though we still knew what he was doing was bad, kinda a bigger picture, few bucks on the side but the bad guys got taken down, and he had morals.

What we see twords the end is that vic is pure poison, he poisened and polluted all around him.

Without him poor lem would still be around, he had a good innocent heart, Curtis, the same, dragged into all the shit, should have walked away imo, he knew it would only end one way.

And we are at Shane, I liked Shane, they made me like him 2 episodes out, what would his life have been like if vic had not been in it, would he have ben a dirty vice cop ? was it in his nature ? maybe, but the prdiciment he was left in, lem and his family, yes, he was family first imo.

What he done, i hate him for that, i could see it a long way out, hoped he wouldent go down that road but he did, Jax could have had a great life with foster parents, its the only sour note really.

I need to digest this, but just saying that makes it a great show, i know its not real but thats great drama, when claudette read the note to vic near the end....who didnt cry !!
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

A few tunes

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Brag: just trebled my bankroll on pokerstars

Ambition: only another 999,830 vpp until supernova elite.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

dubs are cunts

Comment

do do dod do do do do do do luis suarez!

Comment

Early one mornin' while makin' the roundsI took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman downI went right home and I went to bedI stuck that lovin' .44 beneath ...
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X