• Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent

Originally posted by Funkyzeit
    This is nothing if not entertaining:
    Check out Kimmage's latest tweets:

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage
    David, good news, found a real pitbull of a lawyer to go after those two ****ers.

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage
    Ooops, sorry that was supposed to be a private message to @DavidWalshST

Comment

Anyone know if there's a way to get reddit to email you if you get replied to on a thread or something? Had a look in the settings but couldn't see anything...

Comment

I booked those Bann Thai vouchers this morning and tried to make a reservation for a Saturday afternoon on the website but I didn't get a confirmation email from the restaurant. How long should I expect to wait to hear from them?
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          Anyone know if there's a way to get reddit to email you if you get replied to on a thread or something? Had a look in the settings but couldn't see anything...
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              Reading something which says that temperature is on average higher on a Monday. Surely that can't logically be correct?
              Nope. The week is a purely human invention.

Comment

Reading something which says that temperature is on average higher on a Monday. Surely that can't logically be correct?
                It's probably a tiny fraction of a degree. It'd be weirder if it was exactly the same down to 5 or 6 decimal places.

Comment

Feels like it sometimes when you're sweating off a weekend hangover!
                  Profit before people.

Comment

If you were to calculate the average temp of every weekday for the last x amount of years something is likely to come out ahead. Cant draw any conclusions out of it obv.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        Nope. The week is a purely human invention.
                        But most human activity is based around the idea of a week.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

So its God's fault when you run good
                          Its an expression

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          bit early to have already commited a crime like that!
                          In early home early its a school night after all. I find that hangovers are especially bad if you havnt drank for awhile and today I suffered a lot

Comment

So I play 5 a side at work, here 3 weeks now, some guy is leaving after 5 years, and a group email was sent around to the soccer crew, asking for a bit of a donation to the kitty for his going away.

What is my play here, am I too much of a noob to be considered applicable to donate/
                            if i should donate how much?

So in summary, do I look like a hard nosed cunt or just a tight arse?
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Well......

Clouds on average have a net cooling effect on the earth I believe.

Aircraft flights "seed" clouds.

Are there anything in flight numbers which might mean that there are less flights on a Monday versus the rest of the week on average??

One possibly random explanation. If there is a measurable effect it has to be due to human activity obviously.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Actually would you know : they describe Mondays as being 'up to' 0.5K higher than Wed-Fri average. What does that mean in temperature scales that I might understand? Underlying paper seems to be suggesting economic activity as the reason. Very tempted to call bs on the entire paper which is premised on this and recommend rejection, but not sure.
                                  Was thinking along those lines at first but then figured if anything economic activity would lead to everything heating up throughout the week leading to a warmer Friday and then cooling off during the weekend.

Comment

Gayle taking the piss!
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Are there anything in flight numbers which might mean that there are less flights on a Monday versus the rest of the week on average??
                                        Again would assume Friday evening and Sunday night/Monday morning would be busiest for flights.

Comment

I booked those Bann Thai vouchers this morning and tried to make a reservation for a Saturday afternoon on the website but I didn't get a confirmation email from the restaurant. How long should I expect to wait to hear from them?
                                          Can be a while, I'm guessing the restaurant has to manually approve it.

Comment

Comment

Actually would you know : they describe Mondays as being 'up to' 0.5K higher than Wed-Fri average. What does that mean in temperature scales that I might understand? Underlying paper seems to be suggesting economic activity as the reason. Very tempted to call bs on the entire paper which is premised on this and recommend rejection, but not sure.
                                              K = kelvin. 1 kelvin = one degree in scale but the scale commences at absolute zero and not the melting point of ice.

Lol at rejecting an economics paper based on the one provable/disprovable fact in the paper!
                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Almost certainly SUNday.

Comment

I'd hazard a guess that it's something to do with the greenhouse effect following the quietest day of the week by far on the roads (Sunday)!
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

What effect do they attribute to the temp difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                      So I play 5 a side at work, here 3 weeks now, some guy is leaving after 5 years, and a group email was sent around to the soccer crew, asking for a bit of a donation to the kitty for his going away.

What is my play here, am I too much of a noob to be considered applicable to donate/
                                                      if i should donate how much?

So in summary, do I look like a hard nosed cunt or just a tight arse?
                                                      lol tell them to jump. I never get this collection shit for people leaving a job

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                        K = kelvin. 1 kelvin = one degree in scale but the scale commences at absolute zero and not the melting point of ice.

Lol at rejecting an economics paper based on the one provable/disprovable fact in the paper!
                                                        Seems like a reasonable large difference in reality since average temperature in Ireland over the year is going to be 15 degrees or I would guess.

Companies that were closed over the weekend need to crank on the heat\water\bring systems out of weekend hibernation which would use more power and produce more heat.

This mass boot up cycle would require power plants to generate more electricity and also give off more heat. Would be my guess anyway.

Comment

This article may be of interest hitch.

Comment

Oh I see what it's getting at now. Thought they were trying to suggest that something celestial was changing the temperature on a weekly cycle.

Comment

Comment

0.5k seems a massive swing and it's an easy rejection if they don't cite a credible source for that claim.

Comment

A bit vague on it tbh. They mumble something about increased aggression caused by high temps (high temperatures have been linked to increased riots in US studies) leading to excessive risk taking, but can't see how that small a temperature difference could cause such an effect.
                                                                  Surely most risk taking takes place in air conditioned buildings?

Comment

Pop in a tenner maybe? Its not really that you are paying for a going away present, but rather that your present will signify to the remaining players a commitment to the group dynamic.
                                                                    Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                    lol tell them to jump. I never get this collection shit for people leaving a job
                                                                    After careful deliberation of both your points I have decided to pay up like a smuck, jokes on them tho, im paying with the shraaaaaaaaapnel left in my wallet at the end of the week.
                                                                    Considerable bulk taking from both my wallet and off my shoulders.

Ty.
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

BBV - "Now Peer Reviewing Academic Papers"

Comment

Comment

nephew got his first assist on tuesday night after hitting the post in the game last week

SPOILER

liking the new thread title btw

Comment

Needed to share this, possibly the best picture ever taken.
                                                                              Labelled "Breakfast of Champions"

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post

liking the new thread title btw
                                                                                Pedantic Pat says it should read "To William"
                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  BBV - "Now Peer Reviewing Academic Papers"
                                                                                  This needs to be the thread title IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    This needs to be the thread title IMO.
                                                                                    Another few hours of faux ironic humour for the day that's in it
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Bumping this thread for the BBV day-guys!

I've 7 horses and 3 Jockeys so far... your support is really appreciated!

PS I prefer Beamish to Guinness too... anyone for the Sporting tonight???

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                        must be a fair few fat cunts in portlaoise as slimming world is on three times a day on Thursdays!

Ah well about time this fat cunt signed up too
                                                                                        There are a few groups here in Letterkenny. Two on a Monday, three on a Wednesday at Mount Errigal hotel and there are two groups at the community centre on a Thursday!

I replied to your question there on FB

Comment

There are full page ads like this apearing every day in all the newspapers in the UK. On the basis that Phillip Morris would shut them down in a heartbeat for breach of copyright for the branding similarities, that there are other versions appearing with similar liveries to other big brands liveried and that there is no way that these things are that profitable do we assume that this is the tobacco companies being very clever?
                                                                                          Attached Files
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Walking around town today would have you thinkin ya pissed yourself. Every street stinks of piss
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Tragic news.

RIP

Police say Jill #Meagher was left in a shallow grave by her killer, about 5 metres off a remote Gisborne South road. @7NewsMelbourne

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                                Was fairly obv this wouldn't have a happy ending, but that's still horrible to hear. Hope they catch the sick fuck whoever he is.
                                                                                                "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  Walking around town today would have you thinkin ya pissed yourself. Every street stinks of piss
                                                                                                  Common in Dublin I'd imagine, both the smell of piss and people pissing themselves

Comment

Eoin Morgan tearing it up here, although was that the best 6 save ever just now by Russell?

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                                                                      Was fairly obv this wouldn't have a happy ending, but that's still horrible to hear. Hope they catch the sick fuck whoever he is.

Caught him already.

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                                                                        I';m 90% positive the guy they have now told them where she was.
                                                                                                        It was released to the press a few hours ago she was dead but they didnt have the body.

Comment

There are full page ads like this apearing every day in all the newspapers in the UK. On the basis that Phillip Morris would shut them down in a heartbeat for breach of copyright for the branding similarities, that there are other versions appearing with similar liveries to other big brands liveried and that there is no way that these things are that profitable do we assume that this is the tobacco companies being very clever?
                                                                                                          One of the biggest suppliers of e-cigs in the UK is a small shop here in Sheffield. It looks like any other small business to me.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Seriously depressed didnt get the Glanbia job after the interview today. How sickened il be for the weekend will depend on how many of the 4 or 5 that went did get an offer.
                                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Seriously what's the point in buying babies toys? She just completely ignores them in favour of turning the dogs water bowl upside down and eating his food, going in behind the back of my computer, and turning over the green bin to distribute its contents around the kitchen!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                Eoin Morgan tearing it up here, although was that the best 6 save ever just now by Russell?
                                                                                                                From the New Zealand domestic HRV Twenty20 competition. This is the most incredible catch I have ever seen. Bevan Small catches the ball in the air while cro...

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                  Oh ya forgot bout that one.

England left themselves with way too much to do after a redic slow start

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                                    Seriously depressed didnt get the Glanbia job after the interview today. How sickened il be for the weekend will depend on how many of the 4 or 5 that went did get an offer.
                                                                                                                    You know already you didn't get it? Or you will be seriously depressed if you don't get it?

PS Im tired, I have a sore back and I have another day of work ahead of me tmrw. Working for the man =

Comment

Harry Potter was seeing partying with the Dublin Minors after their win this weekend. Rambled into one of their houses apparently. Cloak and all!!!

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Bit the bullet and hit slimmers world today. Nearly fucking passed out when I stepped on the scales. 11 st 4 The last time I saw that on the scales was after having Mia! Well I suppose it didnt help that I went to supermacs for the last supper before I joined up . So there was a monsterous burger and garlic fries and ice cream laying in the pit of my stomach!

So here goes hopefully have a stone down by xmas, dont really need to lose alot more than that I am thinking as I am fairly tall. But shur if I do all is good!

Then on monday ........shock horror I am off the cigs and going on the electronic one. Most of my friends are on it for a couple of months and all managed to stay off them. So new me on the way. IPB xmas outing for now will be my goal!
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          Bit the bullet and hit slimmers world today. Nearly fucking passed out when I stepped on the scales. 11 st 4 The last time I saw that on the scales was after having Mia! Well I suppose it didnt help that I went to supermacs for the last supper before I joined up . So there was a monsterous burger and garlic fries and ice cream laying in the pit of my stomach!

So here goes hopefully have a stone down by xmas, dont really need to lose alot more than that I am thinking as I am fairly tall. But shur if I do all is good!

Then on monday ........shock horror I am off the cigs and going on the electronic one. Most of my friends are on it for a couple of months and all managed to stay off them. So new me on the way. IPB xmas outing for now will be my goal!
                                                                                                                          heh. I weigh more than that, and I'm smaller than you height wise. Stop worrying.
                                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X