Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        Going to get messy?
        Alas no, just enjoying the weather

Comment

Also imo, max bet ...

Baseball 00:10 Atl Braves -2 vs Mia Marlins Bet365 7/5

Comment

Anyone been into Oktoberfest yet? We have a table booked in the IFSC tomorrow so should shape up for a tasty little session. Was great craic last year so hopefully its as good this year

Comment

Remember talking with somebody about Broken Lizards new movie The Babymakers did somebody recently ask was it released? If so well then yes its out to download at the minute.
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                Anyone been into Oktoberfest yet? We have a table booked in the IFSC tomorrow so should shape up for a tasty little session. Was great craic last year so hopefully its as good this year
                Thought it looked like a bit of a disaster, what with the incredibly shite weather. All the outdoor areas, are just about pointless.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                  David Copperfield was amazing. Didn't really fancy it, but he is such a funny guy and had us all in stitches. I would recommend going to see him if you get a chance.
                  Yeah his illusions won't blow you away, but the entertainment factor made it well worth the money. Very very funny and quick witted which i suppose he needs when he has the perform the same show twice a day for weeks on end. A lot of audience interaction and it went down a treat. Didn't really think i was going to like it and a bit surprised to see him in pair of trousers and a shirt as opposed to his usual attire. $9 for a bottle of water tho was pretty lol

Tony going to do a review in the thread for Japonais which was in the Mirage. Enjoyed it thoroughly. I enjoyed most of the hotels for food.
                  Never tried sushi so got their recommendation and didn't like it. $19 for it when i thought i was trying a $8 starter was well played by them! Place was too dark red and i couldn't see what i was eating which isn't ideal when your duck has all it's skin on! lol at paying $28 for 2 house cocktails and not finishing them and then go and get them for free while gamboooling. I suck at fine dining!

Fergus (Onetime) and his missus Rosanna were great company. The boys played poker mostly at night while us ladies shopped or slept!
                  Played 2 tournaments and 3 cash game sessions. JJ was the best hand i saw in ~12 hours cash and just broke even over the sessions. No joy in the Venetian Friday night game and pissed off that Caesars wouldn't let me their Sunday night game because i didn't have my passport on me and my Drivers license wasn't good enough

The pilot said it was winds, which I didn't think would be a bother in LV. But we shook from side to side all the way up. It felt like being on a boat and rocking in the water. Was the most horrible feeling. I was nearly squeezing the life out of Tony's hand. I had also taken lexotan before the flight to calm me but I almost cried as I was so scared.
                  I've been on a lot of flights and this take off was by the far the worst. Didn't help that it was delayed by 20 mins while they worked on something. It's not so bad for me, but when the MrsF and MrsOneTime are scared of flying, this doesn't help prepare for take off. Plane also cut out (or else they just Ctrl/Alt/Del'd it) on the runway. The plane went up like it was on a rollercoaster. At one stage it was almost on a 45 degree angle and i seriously thought he was going to abandon it. Wasn't overally confident myself at that stage and neither were the majority of passengers on board. The first 30 mins of that flight was horrible. Compare that to the one from Phil to Dublin which had the smoothest take off and landing i've been on, and considering it was windy and pissing rain in Dublin, that's saying something.

Pretty tired now because we left the hotel this 3 hours before our flight, then had a 4hr30 min flight, then a 2 hour change, a 7hr flight, a 2 hour wait on a bus, and a 4 hour bus journey to get home. Absolute torture but should have jetlag cleared by the time i wake up in the morn.

Normally i'd ask for cliffs on the last 10 days, but spent a few hours catching up

Comment

FX is making a Fargo tv show.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                      Ive tried to word "bit of pull" but i cant without identifying the guy essentially in all but name and that probably is not a good idea. Imo opinion the "bit of pull" seems decent even though they are not office based as such. Im also expecting a call from an accountant that works there in the next hour to get a few pointers. Who knows he may have some influence plus it's most likely that i would end up been his skivvy in the company so might suit him to have someone he likes if he also had pull.

Known my luck now il probably end up getting the job and end up in Ballyragget as opposed to the Dungarvan office where im really pushing to get.
                      I'ld always be a fan of being noticed over other applicants though I can say first hand that it doesn't always guarantee you the job.
                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Tech heads internet gone down, but working through connected lead. but wireless not working on phone, ipod etc? what is going on?
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          Don't forget the 840,000 steps before the goal!
                          Genuinely had it typed in but thought better of it as I think his half-marathon toward Hill 16 would be equivalent to the infamous goal over Paddy Cullen in terms of infuriating memories.
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Looking for something I hadn't already seen on Netflix, and stumbled upon 'The Flaw' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787810/
                            It's no 'Too Big To Fail', in the entertainment stakes, though has a few interesting bits.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Intermediate c'ship final on Saturday. Hopefully have done enough to make the team and with any luck I'll be drinking one of the these bad boyos from the cup Saturday night!!

SPOILER

The Camogie team are in the junior final before us and the AI replay on Sunday should make for a HUGE weekend.

Comment

The pilot said it was winds, which I didn't think would be a bother in LV. But we shook from side to side all the way up. It felt like being on a boat and rocking in the water. Was the most horrible feeling. I was nearly squeezing the life out of Tony's hand. I had also taken lexotan before the flight to calm me but I almost cried as I was so scared.

We took off at 9.00pm Philly time and it was dark. The window blind was down and the take off was so smooth that I had no idea we had gone up! and the landing was just as smooth.

Taking the sleep aid was really good for me as I drifted in and out of sleep and the turbulance didn't bother me at all. I woke ten mins before we landed.
                                Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                I really feel for anyone scared of flying. Must be terrifying. I am on of the lucky ones, I can sleep absolutely no bother in any sort of contorted position be it plane, train or automobile!
                                Has anyone here tried hypnosis for fear of flying or know if it works, i've been thinking about gettin it.

I sorta have a fear of it as well, on the day of the flight i'm in a bad way, like i flew from Lisbon about 2 weeks ago and the palms of my hands were sweating for most of the flight.

I also have the problem of been unable to sleep on planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                  Tech heads internet gone down, but working through connected lead. but wireless not working on phone, ipod etc? what is going on?
                                  Reboot ---> Factory Reset ---> Change Wifi channels and SSID ---> Get a new router.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                    Has anyone here tried hypnosis for fear of flying or know if it works, i've been thinking about gettin it.

I sorta have a fear of it as well, on the day of the flight i'm in a bad way, like i flew from Lisbon about 2 weeks ago and the palms of my hands were sweating for most of the flight.

Drink is without doubt the best cure but obviously not always possible. Im after improving a lot over the years. Ive yet to have a bad flight with bad turbulence so im probably very lucky on that count. i could see myself on a boat home from America if i had a close call.
                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                      Are you using iPod and iPhone? Have you tried a laptop?
                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                        Reboot ---> Factory Reset ---> Change Wifi channels and SSID ---> Get a new router.
                                        I am lost already. The router is a new one as I upgraded to 100 meg last week.
                                        Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                        Are you using iPod and iPhone? Have you tried a laptop?
                                        yeah laptop wont work either!

On another note came second in the IPB league tonight, not bad considering I was timed out for nearly fucking 40 mins!!
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Brilliant sketch from Limmy's show.I don't hold any rights to this video and will remove it immediately if I receive a request from the owner. I hope this cl...
                                          Last edited by nicnicnic; 25-09-12, 21:56.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                            Drink is without doubt the best cure but obviously not always possible. Im after improving a lot over the years. Ive yet to have a bad flight with bad turbulence so im probably very lucky on that count. i could see myself on a boat home from America if i had a close call.
                                            Personally it's weird, I flew from Dublin to Manila on my own a few months ago - and if it was not for work i might have not got on the plane over. But when up in the air it was grand (bored out of my mind on the second 8+ hour flight but not scared).

But then two weeks ago going to Lisbon, i was really really scared and was bit sick cause of it.

Maybe the size of the plane plays a part - i've been told with big planes you don't feel the turbulence as much?

I actually watch a few clips on youtube there recently that show turbulence being really bad - my gf said i shouldn't have watched it but i've never been on a plane when they were that bad so my thinking is that the next time i'm on a plane and there is turbulence that i won't be scared. Heading over to a United game in a few weeks, and if i'm anyway scared, i'm more than likely going to see about hypnosis.

Comment

Just watched There Will Be Blood for the first time and thought it was pretty meh.

Must be something wrong with me because the rest of the planet loves it apparently.
                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                Just watched There Will Be Blood for the first time and thought it was pretty meh.

Must be something wrong with me because the rest of the planet loves it apparently.
                                                couple of great performances in a pretty average film

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                  Looking for something I hadn't already seen on Netflix, and stumbled upon 'The Flaw' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787810/
                                                  It's no 'Too Big To Fail', in the entertainment stakes, though has a few interesting bits.
                                                  Did you watch it on Netflix can't see it anywhere to download?

Comment

Personally it's weird, I flew from Dublin to Manila on my own a few months ago - and if it was not for work i might have not got on the plane over. But when up in the air it was grand (bored out of my mind on the second 8+ hour flight but not scared).

But then two weeks ago going to Lisbon, i was really really scared and was bit sick cause of it.

Maybe the size of the plane plays a part - i've been told with big planes you don't feel the turbulence as much?

I actually watch a few clips on youtube there recently that show turbulence being really bad - my gf said i shouldn't have watched it but i've never been on a plane when they were that bad so my thinking is that the next time i'm on a plane and there is turbulence that i won't be scared. Heading over to a United game in a few weeks, and if i'm anyway scared, i'm more than likely going to see about hypnosis.
                                                    I find the big planes make a huge difference mentally for me as they are without doubt way smoother easpecially on take off.

I have very little issue with UK flights for some reason just a small bit edgy as it lifts off really. Your basically over water for about 15 mins on that Manchester flight. Something about been over land reassures me a bit aswell.
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Taylor keeping it classy right at the end of the match after Dolan beats him.

Part 4/4 | Phil "The Power" Taylor v Brendan DolanQuarter final | PDC European Darts Championship 2012September 23 2012, Germany.

(from about 7:20)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                        couple of great performances in a pretty average film

Comment

Wiki page for the All-Ireland Minor football championship.

Here's some more.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
                                                          Last edited by MegaSin; 25-09-12, 22:24.

Comment

Infuriating!!!!

So my mother 'suffers' from high cholesterol and on her Cardiac Risk Assessment Personal Report Card it says this (verbatim):

CUT DOWN ON FOODS WHICH ARE HIGH IN FAT AND LDL CHOLESTEROL:
                                                            Meats (especially the fat and the skin)
                                                            Saturated Fats (butter, cheese,lard)
                                                            Hydrogenated Fats, e.g. Margarine
                                                            Whole Milk Products
                                                            Eggs
                                                            Fatty Deserts including sweets with a lot of refined sugar
                                                            Fried and Fast foods

INSTEAD CHOOSE HEALTHIER OPTIONS SUCH AS:
                                                            Fruit and Vegetables (especially the leafy ones)- eat at least 5 servings daily
                                                            Legumes (peas, beans, soya products)
                                                            Wholegrains and Fibres
                                                            Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated oils, e.g olive and sunflower oils
                                                            Non-fat or skim milk products
                                                            My god. Its actually infuriating.
                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

was gonna do it with the lads from work
                                                              360 for a table with 20 beers for a few hours was stupid though.
                                                              You get moved on after your booking is 'up'
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Used to fly a lot (i.e. every week). Still go to the US 4 or 5 times a year.

I've done hypnosis for nail biting and found it effective. Got some CD's etc and find that if I listen regularly I'm sorted but if I skip for a couple of weeks I'll fall of the wagon. Can't really explain why, might be a total placebo but there you go.

If you are at the point where you are sweating and are extremely anxious you should talk to your doctor and get some mild anti-anxiety meds. These will help and if the dosage is right you will be able to sleep on longer flights. I do this any time I fly for more than 8 hours as I cannot sleep on planes otherwise.

I disagree totally with Tipp btw. In my experience drinking can actually increase the anxiety not reduce it but I suppose everyones different.

Finally you could deal with the root of the problem. Fear of flying is an irrational fear given the relative safety profile. Most airlines have a program for people with serious fear of flying (Aer Lingus used to do one) and I believe they have had a lot of success with it so this might be an option also.

Hope this helps...

Comment

So my mother 'suffers' from high cholesterol and on her Cardiac Risk Assessment Personal Report Card it says this (verbatim):

My god. Its actually infuriating.
                                                                  how high is it? obviously dont agree with everything there but its probably just a generic card they give to everyone who would be at a high risk of a cardio event

Comment

Think a lot of it is to do with why your actually scared. I used to be a terrible flyer after being in a full on emergency landing with an engine on fire and then another emergency landing a few years ago which wasn't as bad but where they had us all in the brace position. I'm still pretty nervous at take off but wouldn't go as far as to say I'm scared and this is after passing out from panic attacks on a couple of flights a few years ago.

I got a handle on it by firstly getting a Valium prescription, this apparently helps stop the panic attack gathering pace, but although I wasn't passing out anymore I was still very nervous. I felt that my fear of flying came from a feeling of a loss of control (or more presciisely the illusion of control) so i decided to educate myself on what's actually happening during the flight. I did a bit of reading on the physics of how the planes actually fly, on the accident rates and more precisely on the survival rates (you can even get statistics on the safest places to sit on the plane) i was actually quite surprised by how good a chance you have of surviving a plane crash.

I then got a pilot mate of mine to take me up in a 2 seater a few times, amazingly I had basically no nerves during those flights, cementing my belief that my fear was not actually a fear of flying but rather a fear of not having any control during the flight, when I grasped that it started getting an awful lot easier to fly, now once I'm past the first 30 seconds or so of take off I'm grand for the rest of it.

Comment

how high is it? obviously dont agree with everything there but its probably just a generic card they give to everyone who would be at a high risk of a cardio event
                                                                      April '08 was:

LDL 3.9 HDL .73 Trigs 2.1

Dont get me wrong, there is something definitely wrong there but I mean, the advisable foods to lower it will mostly do the exact opposite.

Edit: The 'generic card' is dangerous and once again shows how our health service is failing its public.
                                                                      Last edited by Theresa; 25-09-12, 22:40.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

April '08 was:

LDL 3.9 HDL .73 Trigs 2.1

Dont get me wrong, there is something definitely wrong there but I mean, the advisable foods to lower it will mostly do the exact opposite.
                                                                        bah if it was me Id advise something a healthier living plan and prescribe some statins that'l bring the LDL right down. Its hard to get the HDL up but the trigs would probably fall as a result of the healthier living alone.

Its actually not too bad in the grand scheme of things Iv seen a lot worse

Comment

The Thin Blue Line watching this at the moment. Very good

Comment

bah if it was me Id advise something a healthier living plan and prescribe some statins that'l bring the LDL right down. Its hard to get the HDL up but the trigs would probably fall as a result of the healthier living alone.

Its actually not too bad in the grand scheme of things Iv seen a lot worse
                                                                            Statins do more damage than good in the grand scheme of things. Stopping certain enzyme production, reducing all cholesterol including HDL.

AND theres no real conclusive link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol.

Comment

Yeah I was pretty much the same, I'm a massive day Lewis fan and think he is brilliant in it, but the whole movie has the feel of a vehicle designed to win him an Oscar rather than just trying to be a good movie.

Comment

There is something wrong with you.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yea some good points there, and something i should look into esp about survial rate of a crash. i suppose i know all the stats about it safter than driving a car, but if i was on a motorway, you can always just get out in you need to, whereas on a plane you can't.

Tipp's point about flying over land/water, is something that i can relate to, in my head if something goes wrong over land, we can just land the plane, where as if it's over water then it's not good.

Will see how manchester goes, fligth is short enough.

Comment

Statins do more damage than good in the grand scheme of things. Stopping certain enzyme production, reducing all cholesterol including HDL.

AND theres no real conclusive link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol.
                                                                                    woah donkey I'll take your point on the dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol but everything I've ever read and been taught on statins lead me to believe they were the dogs bollix in terms of really significantly lowering your risk for CV disease
                                                                                    Last edited by Bubbleking; 25-09-12, 23:06. Reason: meant woah donkey which is different to wow donkey

Comment

strike back is some damn fine tv
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

wow donkey I'll take your point on the dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol but everything I've ever read and been taught on statins lead me to believe they were the dogs bollix in terms of really significantly lowering your risk for CV disease
                                                                                        Neither of you are qualified to talk about this subject and nor am I. Stop being ridiculous.

Comment

wow donkey I'll take your point on the dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol but everything I've ever read and been taught on statins lead me to believe they were the dogs bollix in terms of really significantly lowering your risk for CV disease
                                                                                          Same, I went through the lipitor literature when my mother got it, and then I looked into it, and actually found some stuff by the guy VforV recommends and dug a little deeper.

Theres a hell of a lot of skepticism, some even think that the lack of enzyme production (cant recall the enzyme type, Ill find out) might even out do any good the statins do because its an anti oxidant and the oxidisation of the cholesterol is what causes the problems.

They remove Pattern A and Pattern B LDLs from your bloodstream. Statins (and the low fat diets they are paired with) cause the body to stop producing all types of cholesterol(including HDL) as its produced by the liver to help digest fat. If youve no fat in your diet, the liver slows this and obviously then the tests show less cholesterol!! Not anything to do with making you 'healthier'.

Comment

fs :re cholesterol

People still misunderstanding what the fuck cholesterol is!

Here's a post on boards.ie I did earlier

Originally posted by emmet02
                                                                                            To lower cholesterol, you need to improve your whole diet and lifestyle. There is no "quick fix" when it comes to this. Elevated Cholesterol levels in the body can be an indicator of other problems, should you fix the problems or turn off the indicator? Cholesterol is a function of lifestyle and diet.

It's quite straightforward to fix to be honest. But it takes time. Eat real food, do some activity. Real food is anything you could potentially grow or rear yourself. Food made from food, not from boxes, jars, cartons that have e numbers and refined this and that. Keep it simple, and eating is easy, satisfying, and your knowledge of "how" to cook will improve massively too as you get inventive.

With regards to getting fibre into your diet, it's simple for most too. Green leafy veg. Cruciferous vegetables are your heroes too. Spinach, Kale, Brocolli galore. Aim for 2 meals per day that have at least two fistfuls of green vegetables in them.

You're definitely right about sometimes people sounding a bit superior in here, unfortunately it's down to repetition. A lot of people answering the same questions time and time again lose some tact. It's tough to not. Nutrition101 - the sticky at the top of the forum, has loads of information. It is a long read, and you're surely going to have questions, feel free to post some in here if you're not happy to do so in the sticky.

Start today though, the best advice I can ever give anyone about tidying up their intake is to start now, while you are engaged and enthused. Empty the cupboards of the rubbish, go do a full weekly shop where you only buy real food, and don't go back to the shop this week. Meats and greens are the key to a healthy diet. Veg, fruits, nuts, eggs, cheese etc all to be added in too.
                                                                                            Aiming to lower cholesterol through drugs (statin in particular) is akin to putting concealer over genital warts. You are hiding the evidence of the issue, and also harming some of the body's abilities to fix itself.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                                                              Neither of you are qualified to talk about this subject and nor am I. Stop being ridiculous.
                                                                                              Its the BBv since when did you have to be qualified to talk about anything go on bail in with the opinion if yours is superior we will deem you are correct and assume its fact

Comment

I dont claim to be qualified! I can read though and Im pretty good at comprehension. I'm also quite decent at learning so Id like to hear BK's take on it.

Comment

Its the BBv since when did you have to be qualified to talk about anything go on bail in with the opinion if yours is superior we will deem you are correct and assume its fact
                                                                                                  I don't have an opinion, I just think its lol that Theresa indicated that his knowledge of treating cardiovascular risk factors is so vast that he could declare an advice report to be "infuriating".

Comment

Nor am I saying that the report was right.

Also I think its ridiculous that you'd be all like, "yeah i'd just prescribe some statins". I mean come on man.

Comment

well Im a product of what I've been taught tbf. We had cardio consultants from the Mater show us the charts and how effective statins were compared to placebo in bringing down LDL and Trig's while leaving HDL alone. I think Nicotinic acid is also supplemented with statins to raise HDL these days but I'll have to look it up.

I'll get the studies at the weekend and pass them onto you if you like?

Btw not saying anything you say is wrong just saying that from what I've been taught Id be very quick to reach for the statins as first line therapy

Comment

colquhom vs BK

Comment

just one question before I go to bed . I love cheese any cheese, but am confused to whether its fattening or not. if one was to stick to emmets theory of veg and meat etc , well then can you eat like chunks of chedder, well maybe 2 chunks a day and not put on weight. now that I am heading back to work I am going to concentrate on losing some weight .
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Nor am I saying that the report was right.

Also I think its ridiculous that you'd be all like, "yeah i'd just prescribe some statins". I mean come on man.
                                                                                                            fine no more hypothetical prescribing on the internets. One more though...

I prescribe you a chill pill

Comment

well Im a product of what I've been taught tbf. We had cardio consultants from the Mater show us the charts and how effective statins were compared to placebo in bringing down LDL and Trig's while leaving HDL alone. I think Nicotinic acid is also supplemented with statins to raise HDL these days but I'll have to look it up.

I'll get the studies at the weekend and pass them onto you if you like?

Btw not saying anything you say is wrong just saying that from what I've been taught Id be very quick to reach for the statins as first line therapy
                                                                                                              no you don't get me here, i'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying its lol for YOU to say you'd prescribe some statins - not quite there yet man!

Anyway, fuck it i'm sorry, i didn't mean to come off like a sarky prick.

Comment

I dont have any knowledge of treating cardiovascular risk factors. I have spent quite a bit of time looking into the whole cholesterol myth though given the mother insists on stuffing herself with 'wholegrains, low fat products, cholesterol free products and avoids eggs like the plague. All the while she is getting wider, not reducing her LDL level.

I find it infuriating that docs or our inept health service would advise eating insulin promoting foods like the above when the over production of insulin pretty much is known to kick start the cycle of heart disease.

Comment

no you don't get me here, i'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying its lol for YOU to say you'd prescribe some statins - not quite there yet man!

Anyway, fuck it i'm sorry, i didn't mean to come off like a sarky prick.
                                                                                                                  sorry bout that you know how it is your given that many hypothetical scenarios a day and you always start them off with "I would do etc ect" didnt mean to come off like I actually had any power to prescribe shit.

I get carried away when BBV is an extension of college

Comment

I am one lucky guy

Read enclosed message for information on our donation to you

Surplus Greetings,

If you have received this email then you are one of the lucky fellows to benefit from us. On behalf of myself and family, i am happy to inform you that i and my wife Gillian have chosen you to be one of our beneficiaries on our Euro Millions Jackpot win of 148Million (One hundred and Forty Eight Million Pounds) that held just last August. Based on the win we decided that just 25 people be selected for this benefit, leaving each beneficiary with 1.5million Great Britain Pounds each to better their lives because we can’t enjoy it all alone, as the win is for sharing.

This might appear strange but it’s a reality, so do get back to us quickly via email at: andrian_bayford@yeah.net

Adrian and Gillian Bayford.
                                                                                                                    and

Please Confirm Your Email.................

Euro Millions
                                                                                                                    Date of Draw:Friday, August 10, 2012
                                                                                                                    Draw Number: 2012/12
                                                                                                                    Winning numbers: 3 - 8 - 14 - 31 - 41 -7 -11
                                                                                                                    Winning Division2 : Match 5+ PB
                                                                                                                    Amount of Winning: 2,696,429.06EUR/ US$ 3,374,332.45
                                                                                                                    If you wish to claim your winnings contact your assigned claims agent as follows
                                                                                                                    Name: Leon Deschamp Email address: eurohandlingsonline.121@hotmail.com
                                                                                                                    You will receive further instructions on your acknowledgment of this email
                                                                                                                    notice.
                                                                                                                    Send the Following information to commence the immediate processing of your
                                                                                                                    claims:
                                                                                                                    Your Full Names:
                                                                                                                    Your Age:
                                                                                                                    Nationality:
                                                                                                                    Country of Resident:
                                                                                                                    ______________________

Comment

I dont have any knowledge of treating cardiovascular risk factors. I have spent quite a bit of time looking into the whole cholesterol myth though given the mother insists on stuffing herself with 'wholegrains, low fat products, cholesterol free products and avoids eggs like the plague. All the while she is getting wider, not reducing her LDL level.

I find it infuriating that docs or our inept health service would advise eating insulin promoting foods like the above when the over production of insulin pretty much is known to kick start the cycle of heart disease.
                                                                                                                      yeah, i'm not saying you're wrong either, I suppose I was just irked by how definitive you were being. I must be on my period.

Anyway, resume the debate, sorry for ruining the fun.

Comment

I dont claim to be a doctor btw, or to have any great knowledge, but I do take an interest in these things and it does seem that most docs take the easy way out when it comes to cholesterol because its villified so much and they wont be questioned.

I also think that any med students should be more informed of these things and actively question what they are taught! Obv Medicine is one of those areas thats always evolving and I think those that get comfy and don't bother keeping up to date are putting those that trust them in danger.

Not saying that the research Ive done is correct either, it just seems to be more correct to me and thats taking both sides into consideration.

Comment

Is there much of a link between the high fat/protein, low carb diet that we all recommended and increased blood pressure (or at least pulse pressure) that you know of?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X