Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    What does GLBTQ stand for anyway?
    Gaybos, Lezzo, back'athe queue

Comment

Seamus Heaney for president (some day)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
        Is it not GLBT? Gay Lesbien Bi Transgender... Was listening to a show on Newstalk a couple of weeks back about transgender issues in Ireland and they had someone from the GLBT on. Actually googled the above and Q = Queer which doesnt sound right
        I think the Q is for folk who wouldn't classify themselves as any of the other and aren't straight.

i.e. people who wouldn't call themselves "Heteronormative"
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          tell us:
          • where you think Ireland is at
            Got to first post on this subject
          • then where you think it needs to get to
            Easy. To where somones sexuality only comes into to question when its time to get giggy.

in relation to gay tolerance
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Norris's demise had nothing to do with homophobia and everything to do with poor judgement

if any of the other candiates had written the same letter, there'd be the same result
            Such as Mitchell appealing for clemency for a double murderer...
            http://mobro.co/zuroph
            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Dunno what the Q is for but the rest is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                I think the Q is for folk who wouldn't classify themselves as any of the other and aren't straight.

i.e. people who wouldn't call themselves "Heteronormative"
                Sounds about right, the Irish group is GLBT as far as I remember. The girl on went thru a list of the Trans bit and the type of people that covered and it was quite a lot.

Interesting discussion about being transgender and the rights you have. They had an Irish couple on who were married and it became evident the husband was transgender, he had a sex change so now they are 2 women in the marraige. Given the legal situation at the moment and for the sex change to be recognised officially in the marraige the govt requires them to get a divorce and then remarry!! Seemed a crazy situation

Comment

I was talking about myself, I could have done with your advice back then
                  Lol. The more I settle into this new job the more I have a nagging question of why I didn't do it earlier. I'm trying to ignore that voice and focus on making the most of what's here now. I totally misread your post as that was on my mind in advising emmet.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Btw I'll happily vote for Sean Gallagher in the election. He's a very humble and nice guy. The FF thing doesn't taint him in my book. Anyone arguing against him?
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by EARMUFFS View Post
                      If there was a sports section in here i'd post this rant there so apologies to anyone not watching the AI GAA FC over the summer:

I see some former GAA refs have come out and said that the square ball rule needs to be taken away as they are saying the rule is nearly unenforceable.
                      Now FFS the rules are clearly there if the ball hits the post then you can have all 30 players in the square as long as they weren't in there when the initial kick was taken (before it struck the post). Stop complaining and looking for scapegoats. Man up and say you made a mistake.
                      Begs the question though too, as the ball is being kicked in what are the umpires looking at? The flight of the ball? The ref? What could they be looking at? Surely the square which is a foot away from them and the ff line which is made up of 3 forwards and the FB line again 3 players should be well within the sights of 2 people standing a foot away from the action? Geraghty's goal, Ryans point, O'Connors goal all major decisions made by refs who looked for advice off umpires who imo don't know the rules of the game.
                      But no lets get rid of the square ball rule as the poor refs can't do everything!
                      End of rant..
                      The rule is patently unenforcable by human beings.

Typically, the ball "enters" the square 20 yards or more above the heads of the umpires and the players.

If an umpire wants to enforce the rule he has to be able to see where the moving ball is relative to a line he often will be physically incapable of seeing at the same time, as well as seeing where a moving player that he can probably only see out of the corner of his eye is, again relative to a line he can't see if he's looking up at the ball.

This is all assuming his primary focus is on noticing whether a square ball is taking place or not, which it isn't ever going to be since he's first and foremost going to be concentrating on whether a point is being scored or not.

It is an utterly retarded rule.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        It kinda baffles we as it was plain to see that the girl was an absolute wreck and her father and family just seemed to stand there and do nothing to help the girl, obviously people have to want to be helped but stage some kind of intervention or something for gods sake.
                        Thats not how it works. I'm sure they tried everything they could.

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                        Such as Mitchell appealing for clemency for a double murderer...
                        For his Cousin

Originally posted by Solskjaer
                        Seamus Heaney for president (some day)
                        Wouldn't it be the greatest thing ever if we could get Famous Seamus into the Park, I'm sure he's far to sane to want to but still.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                          Btw I'll happily vote for Sean Gallagher in the election. He's a very humble and nice guy. The FF thing doesn't taint him in my book. Anyone arguing against him?
                          BAILOUT FOR ANGLO

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            The rule is patently unenforcable by human beings.

Typically, the ball "enters" the square 20 yards or more above the heads of the umpires and the players.

If an umpire wants to enforce the rule he has to be able to see where the moving ball is relative to a line he often will be physically incapable of seeing at the same time, as well as seeing where a moving player that he can probably only see out of the corner of his eye is, again relative to a line he can't see if he's looking up at the ball.

This is all assuming his primary focus is on noticing whether a square ball is taking place or not, which it isn't ever going to be since he's first and foremost going to be concentrating on whether a point is being scored or not.

It is an utterly retarded rule.
                            Preferred your reasoning in t'other place, the bit about raising children to be exclusively square-ball spotter umpires was inspired.

Comment

was he his cousin? does it matter?

donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

no way dude, his son is a ghey.

Comment

What does GLBTQ stand for anyway?

Google is a handy resource.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Thats not how it works. I'm sure they tried everything they could.

For his Cousin

Wouldn't it be the greatest thing ever if we could get Famous Seamus into the Park, I'm sure he's far to sane to want to but still.
                                    Is it too late to get the campaign going. Someone give him a ring .

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glbtq.com

Google is a handy resource.
                                      The range of what "queer" includes varies. In addition to referring to LGBT-identifying people, it can also encompass: pansexual, pomosexual, intersexual, genderqueer, asexual and autosexual people, and even gender normative heterosexuals whose sexual orientations or activities place them outside the heterosexual-defined mainstream, e.g., BDSM practitioners, or polyamorous persons.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Preferred your reasoning in t'other place, the bit about raising children to be exclusively square-ball spotter umpires was inspired.
                                        You have to give the kids on boards something tangible they can relate to rather than just concepts. In this case I went for stealing children from hospitals.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                          Is it too late to get the campaign going. Someone give him a ring .
                                          He ruled it out unless he was going to be an all party candidate.

Comment

I might have dreamt it but I could have sworn I saw a trailer with the Sitch teaching young fella's how to pull women
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Finally got fibre optic broadband in after a month without anything. Getting 39mb/s but it's around 30mb/s now until it settles on the line apparently.

Anyways to the point, i have a job interview tomorrow evening, never really had an interview before and not quite sure what to expect. Any tips/help would be appreciated.
                                              I assume researching the company and knowing abit about it would help should i be asked questions about it.The job is a Clinical services Distribution operator if it makes any odds.

Thanks.

Comment

I would have liked to see a gay president,personally.I read the letter and wasn't crazy about the way he described the 15 year old,'other party to the incident' I think it was.

In fairness to him,Norris did say today that he regreted not showing more sympathy and specifically used the word 'victim' in his speech.

Didn't we have numerous mentions here of his friend being a 'paedophile'? Were there other incidents with children? I wouldn't class statutory rape as the same thing or am I missing something?
                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

@Kayroo legality of this "Hit" American show?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    No worries, I appreciate the reminder. I will be lookin to get involved in finance a couple of levels below where I intended to be, if I can't manage that then it's other options for the interim. I have plenty of work experience but it's all been 2 months here and 3 months there from college. Think my cv would benefit from me getting a role in a relevant (probably entry level analyst) position and grind out a year or two. A lot of jobs I had been looking a are lookin for 2-3 years relevant experience, so regardless of my ballsed results I might have had to take this path anyway.
                                                    GL with the job hunting, would def recommend getting 2 years somewhere rather than shorter as it looks a lot better from a dedication point of view, especially if you can show how you progressed during your time in the company

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                      Blom interview. Seems like a bit of a gimp.

http://www.bluffeurope.com/interview...ur1_10890.aspx
                                                      Why?

Comment

Bit blunt and egotistical. Fails to mention his ipoker spinup being due to epic rungood. Galfond's manner ftw.

Comment

He isnt speaking his native tongue so that might explain his bluntness.

I thought he came across pretty well and wasn't too egotistical given his ability and what he has been through. He also notes that he doesn't like the lime light and media hype. He openly admits to being unfit physically, suffering from tilt and letting poker get the better of him - Quite humble imo.

Comment

This is #1 reason why I hate watching films that aren't borderline retarded with a female.

Cheers to coilcam for sorting my cashflow situation!

Also, decided I'd take part in that radio show, so probably gonna have a link up in the next few days for some rugby punditry. Lols
                                                            Because us wimmin just can't understand complex films like Inception

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ZClz1IAcU
                                                              Assuming its similar to the epic To Catch A Predator I think the reasoning is that its not entrapment because its not the police doing it, they're just kept in the loop.

Comment

Reminds me of this show.

Go to 3.21

http://www.FakesRevealed.com/ - The #1 resource on the net to show you the differences between fake and genuine designer clothing.SWAGSERIES 1EPISODE 1PART 1...

Comment

Rovers have wasted some great chances, doing the league proud etc etc. Wasted a big chance to advance today imo.

Comment

In the end we decided on Clara lara, co. Wicklow and I'm delighted we went, it was a fantastic day and i would deffo recommend it to anyone with kids between the ages of 5 and 12!
                                                                    it was €10 euro each to get in, under 4s are free, then we had the option of buying a wrist band for Mia and her friend for €9 which meant they could go on stuff for free, which were:

Canoes
                                                                    boats
                                                                    massive major drop water slide
                                                                    Go carts (petrol ones)
                                                                    mini golf

there was a few very big rope climbing frames, lots of water and rope swings to swing across and land in the water if you didnt make the other side.

the water side is brilliant, they provide you with a plastic seat thing and two can get on and jayus its a huge drop but very good, mia loved it, i was a bit nervous

Free B&Qs ( big brick ones) everywhere, just bring charcole .

there is a shop there and not expensive, massive slush puppies €2, candy floss and cones also €2.

we were there from 2 till 6 and the kids never stopped and never moaned once, i would deffo go back again.

if you do decide to go, bring old shorts or leggings and tea shirts for the kids to wear for in and out of the water. and the little light runners you get in Pennys for 3 euros, very handy!

i have pics on facebook for any of my friends here too see, got some good ones
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

lol at the randomness of this site.

Comment

The amount of cyclists in Dublin city centre is very dangerous, having only got a bike myself in the last few weeks and combined with me driving to work instead of getting the train I've noticed it so much more in the last couple of weeks.

But today I've seen one of the dumbest acts of stupidness I've ever witnessed, I was driving up stoneybatter/manor st on the way out home around 6pm with pretty busy evening traffic when I see this idiot infront cycling with one hand swerving over and back quite a lot. Nothing that unusual you might think until I tell you why he could only have his right hand on the handlebars. In his left hand was a childs leg, the child was about 4-5 years old I would imagine and he was sitting on the mans shoulders. It's really not worth thinking about what would have happened if he swerves to much infront of all the cars passing him by, I really should have called the guards and I am a bit annoyed now that I didn't but it's one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen in my life.

The child should be taken from this fella and arrested for child abuse.
                                                                        Last edited by digiman; 02-08-11, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                          The child should be taken from this fella and arrested for child abuse.
                                                                          Even Kayroo couldn't make that one stick.
                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                            In his left hand was a childs leg,
                                                                            When I first read this, I thought it was just a leg. Slightly relieved to hear the rest of the child was still attached, bad and all that it was.
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                                              Finally got fibre optic broadband in after a month without anything. Getting 39mb/s but it's around 30mb/s now until it settles on the line apparently.

Anyways to the point, i have a job interview tomorrow evening, never really had an interview before and not quite sure what to expect. Any tips/help would be appreciated.
                                                                              I assume researching the company and knowing abit about it would help should i be asked questions about it.The job is a Clinical services Distribution operator if it makes any odds.

Thanks.
                                                                              Strange that nobody got back to this and I'm useless at interviews tbh but I'll see what I can remember as I type.

You need to know as much about the company as possible. Also about yourself, I can't remember the lingo they use but you'll need to basically sell yourself and what you can contribute to the place. They'll ask you some awkward questions like what's your weak points, what do you hope to achieve in the position, what do you add to a team. Google would prob be more of help than I could ever be and I'm drawing more of a blank than I thought I would tbh. Making a good first impression is vital obv, eye contact, manners, hand shake, confidence, dress appropriately. Also go in with a few questions, not too obvious but also probably not a bad thing to have an idea of what their answers might be so you can fire off another question and keep the convo going to show as much interest as possible.

Doubt this helps too much but fingers crossed for you Hegzy, best of luck mate, TID and all that jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                Strange that nobody got back to this and I'm useless at interviews tbh but I'll see what I can remember as I type.

You need to know as much about the company as possible. Also about yourself, I can't remember the lingo they use but you'll need to basically sell yourself and what you can contribute to the place. They'll ask you some awkward questions like what's your weak points, what do you hope to achieve in the position, what do you add to a team. Google would prob be more of help than I could ever be and I'm drawing more of a blank than I thought I would tbh. Making a good first impression is vital obv, eye contact, manners, hand shake, confidence, dress appropriately. Also go in with a few questions, not too obvious but also probably not a bad thing to have an idea of what their answers might be so you can fire off another question and keep the convo going to show as much interest as possible.

Doubt this helps too much but fingers crossed for you Hegzy, best of luck mate, TID and all that jazz.
                                                                                tbh, knowing about the role and what you can bring to it is far more important than knowing lots about the company. You should know something about them, like what their main line of business is, main markets, what they do in general, but mostly your questions and study should concentrate on the job you will be asked to do.

Comment

The Pokerstars cuddly donkey.
                                                                                  You have reached a page at PokerStars™ which no longer exists. Visit our homepage or the sitemap to find the page you're looking for.

Fairly fantastic use of a mere 300 FPPs in the Stars store.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

Lots of places are gone made for "competency based interviews". Google should throw up plenty of examples. Generally starts "tell me about a time when....".

The "correct" way to answer them goes something like "STAR"... "Situation, Task, Action, Result" (some of the HR people can correct me on this).
                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      The Pokerstars cuddly donkey.
                                                                                      You have reached a page at PokerStars™ which no longer exists. Visit our homepage or the sitemap to find the page you're looking for.

Fairly fantastic use of a mere 300 FPPs in the Stars store.

Finally something decent in that store. I may get nine of them.
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Yup. He is thoroughly unqualified to do the job. That said they all are more or less. Michael D. is the most qualified.

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                        Even Kayroo couldn't make that one stick.
                                                                                        It's hard to get a child convicted of child abuse against himself but I suppose there's a first time for everything.
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          lol at the randomness of this site.

http://www.davidbowieisverydisappointedinyou.com/
                                                                                          Some guy in the emporium the other night was explaining that he used to own a site called dealersfromhell.com (or something to that effect).

He used to post up pictures of dealers who dealt him bad beats (probably considers every pot he contests and loses to be a bad beat), also messing with the photos, putting the men's heads on women's bodies etc.

Eventually he shut the site down as a friend of his (obviously a legal expert ) informed him that they ACTUALLY might be able to sue him for doing this.

He also has a friend who showers twice a day and another that goes to the shops twice a week.
                                                                                          Interesting fellow.

Edited to add: Think he is a friend of Mickste, on facebooks.
                                                                                          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 03-08-11, 01:40.

Comment

Yup. He is thoroughly unqualified to do the job. That said they all are more or less. Michael D. is the most qualified.
                                                                                            Serious question here, but what are the qualifications necessary for being President? I'd have thought that being friendly and shaking hands is all thats required...

If any legal stuff comes up (constitution or whatnot) would he not have legal advisors?

Comment

how much would people here expect to pay for logo design for the business?
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Paid €400 before for a face-to-face guy, was worth it, he tweaked it over and over again until we were happy.

(He made €2.5k off us in a year, he was also happy!)

What day do the prices usually go up for Weekend Rugby games?

Tri Nations handicaps have been up for 3/4 days, nathin for the "Home nations"

Comment

What day do the prices usually go up for Weekend Rugby games?

Tri Nations handicaps have been up for 3/4 days, nathin for the "Home nations"
                                                                                                  Any thoughts on them? At first glance I'd have thought 10 points was a bit on the high side.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                    Any thoughts on them? At first glance I'd have thought 10 points was a bit on the high side.
                                                                                                    wouldn't touch either side of it with your penis let alone my wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      very good imo - visualise the US debt mountain

http://usdebt.kleptocracy.us/
                                                                                                      And here is a representation of the US debt as a hexadecimal number
                                                                                                      $DA475ABF000

Doesn't look so big now does it?

Whatever it looks like the way to reduce it is to raise taxes and cut defence spending.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        And here is a representation of the US debt as a hexadecimal number
                                                                                                        $DA475ABF000

Doesn't look so big now does it?

Whatever it looks like the way to reduce it is to raise taxes and cut defence spending.
                                                                                                        I can't imagine that is how they'll tackle it.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                          Serious question here, but what are the qualifications necessary for being President? I'd have thought that being friendly and shaking hands is all thats required...

If any legal stuff comes up (constitution or whatnot) would he not have legal advisors?
                                                                                                          The President has literally got 1 official job: refer any Bill passed by the Oireachtas that they think is unconstitutional to the Supreme Court to be tested pursuant to Art. 26 of the Constitution.

The Council of State is the most political of non-political bodies imaginable and is made up of such luminaries as Brian Cowen, Bertie Ahern and John Bruton. Former Chiefs Justice would have also been members but as the most recent holder of that office is now an ordinary judge of the Supreme Court he will likely not be a member of that body until he retires from the bench. Chief Justice Keane and Chief Justice Finlay are both eligible to be members of the Council of State.

Overall it is the President's decision and they have to know there is a constitutional issue in order to raise the issue and convene the Council of State. Bills referred by President McAleese included the attempt by the Oireachtas to retrospectively fix the fiddle they'd been making on people's pensions and homes when it came to placing them in residential care. While I have the greatest of respect for my friends in the Department of Justice I do not think the members on secondment to the President would be of a mind to raise such issues with a non-legally minded President.

EDIT: Also I am not voting for someone to do as they are told when it comes to the single Constitutional duty where they have even a shadow of discretion to exercise.

Comment

not sure about american law, but pretty sure it wouldn't apply as it's filmed in Canada

Comment

logomyway.com Is a site were you put up the design idea you had, and the amount of money your willing to pay for it. (150$ or so)

people then bid for it, design logos for you. You can then give a brief of which ones you like and why. You then pick the winner and they get paid

simples!
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Thought this deserved a repost

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

No idea as I'm not an expert on Canadian law. It would be a thoroughly pointless show here though for all sorts of evidential reasons.

Comment

emmet, if you're serious I can put you in touch with actual graphic designers who can design you a proper logo and not some faceless lowest common denominator schumuck on the internet.

(bte this guy lives in london so all your contact will be on the internet).

Comment

No idea as I'm not an expert on Canadian law. It would be a thoroughly pointless show here though for all sorts of evidential reasons.
                                                                                                                      hah, got in there ahead of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                        emmet, if you're serious I can put you in touch with actual graphic designers who can design you a proper logo and not some faceless lowest common denominator schumuck on the internet.

(bte this guy lives in london so all your contact will be on the internet).
                                                                                                                        what?

I used to run events in college, needed ~ 22 A3 Poster designed, an entire website redesign and hosted, a manifesto designed as well as other bits and pieces including clothing designs as well as the logo all over the course of the year.

€2.5k was a killing tbh. And the guy met me 10/12 times, made poster changes overnight etc.

I just remember seeing the breakdown of the work that he charged us for, and the logo origination and design was €400.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X