X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
    wp played sir such a sick feat

any chance you could give a trip/race report when you have recovered ?
    Cheers Mark, yeah i will stick a report up in a day or so but it may take as long to read as it took me to complete the race as there is so much to capture about the day

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    There will no doubt be a report in his log (either here or on boards) in a day or two

wp fran, whats next. Kona?
    Cheers Mellor
    You have to qualify for Kona and realistically you need to be in the top 3% of the field to get a place and i am a good bit off that at the moment. I am not ruling it out but it will take a good bit of hard graft and its something that may happen in 2013/2014.
    The target race next year is another IM distance race in Challenge Roth and the target there will be sub 10hr and i will also be going for a sub 3hr marathon.

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
    thats brilliant fran
    congrats! you shed some pounds when i saw you last! enjoy it now and for good sakes get a few good hamburgers into ya!!

Thinking of attempting a mini one myself soon, 5k run, 750 swim, 40k cycle. How long would i need training for? the swim is my biggest fear (can swim, but not too well front crawl, normally breast stroke but its slower/tougher)
    Cheers Donal i will need a few burgers i stepped on the scales tonight and was shocked to see 9st 10lbs, i had lost over a stone in weight during the race
    For something like that and assuming you still have a decent level of fitness from playing ball you could probably do one tomorrow but you would probably not enjoy it. If it is just to get around in a decent time you could do an 8 week plan and given the swimming is a limiter that is what i would work on. Most people can run a 5k easy enough so all it leaves then is the bike and this is were you can make some serious time improvements. To give the cycling some perspective it was one of my limiters when i started IM training and after a lot of hard work i overtook 50% of the field (about 550 people) on the bike course. You are well able for it and if you need any help drop me a pm when you decide to do one and i will try give you some training tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      That was probably me and Chadley,we check your profile a couple of times a day.Just in case.
      Means a lot, ty.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Buenos Noches,pendejos.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
          Zuroph, any word from that Roselawn place on who they selected?
          Have a meeting with them Friday. Find out then.
          http://mobro.co/zuroph
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
            I've always felt the english language needs a "sarcasm" point, like a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark. I know we use but it'd be so convenient for forum, text , email use.
            There is one.
            It's not paticularly widespread, and may not be official but the irony mark has been around a few hundred years.
            It looks like this ؟

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
              Have a meeting with them Friday. Find out then.
              Just watched this talk by David Spiegel on hypnosis in medicine, you might find it interesting:
              (March 16, 2010) David Spiegel, Stanford Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, discusses hypnosis, the mind, and its therapeutic...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                Cheers Mark, yeah i will stick a report up in a day or so but it may take as long to read as it took me to complete the race as there is so much to capture about the day:.
                Just catching up Fran, well done mate, thats some slog !!
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  Lols this coming from the guy who let his missus put Glee albums on his iPhone

Oh the ironing is too awesome
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Live poker makes Mick something something.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      Lols this coming from the guy who let his missus put Glee albums on his iPhone

Oh the ironing is too awesome
                      Getting twords the end of season 5 of The Shield....only 2 more left....its tense !!!!!
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        Getting twords the end of season 5 of The Shield....only 2 more left....its tense !!!!!
                        It certainly starts to turn it up a level in certain episodes.

Your woman ain't too bad either

[NSFW="!"][/NSFW]

Comment

Flights to Dublin booked, saved about 400-500 on the going rate so pretty happy with that.
                          Still ridic expensive - but its been a while I suppose

Comment

Went to a comedy show 2 fridays back in the iveagh gardens. Vodafone sponsored thing.

The supporting act were called "garfunkel and oakes" all the way from the states.

here are their best acts

Riki "Garfunkel" Lindhome and Kate "Oates" Micucci sing a pro-gay marriage song in response to a Pat Robertson quote that legalizing gay marriage would lead ...

Like fk me, are they actually meant to be funny? Is it because its american humour or because theyre women??

Then these geniuses were the main act;

Dead cat bounce. Their act was meant to be a 80s rock band and they sang all these songs back to back. They have one song which is relatively funny, which got featured on Republic of telly.
                            BUT when they played it at the gig, no1 could hear the lyrics, and without the video its just really shit. Their other songs were terrible too. We actually left early -

Buy the single now! http://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/rugby-single-single/id425413625 - The Republic of Telly is back! -- Monday, RTE2 10.25, follow us on ht...

this video is simular to what the show was, although cant understand so many laughs at this thing (unless theyre fake laughs?? )

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Whole thing was Shite anyways, except for the Navan MC who was very good (if anyone else was at it)
                            Last edited by Semibluff; 02-08-11, 01:01.
                            GAA News Website

Comment

Wanna feel terrible about society and the state of television news? Watch this video. During a report on street violence, someone from Chicago’s CBS affiliate interviewed a four-year-old. The report shows the kid saying that he’s not scared of street violence because he’s gonna have a gun when he grows up, and then promptly cuts back to the horrified anchors. Which would be a shocking indictment of our entire culture if the kid hadn’t gone on to say that the reason he’ll have a gun and won’t be scared is because he wants to be a police officer.
                              CBS Television Station WBBM in Chicago is being criticized for airing a misleading the video of a 4-year old boy saying he wanted a gun. The boy made the com...

Comment

This is what it feels like to complete an IronMan. Emotional stuff when you invest so much time in something and for it to pay off!!
                                Might get back to posting a bit more and playing a bit of poker now

Comment

Enjoyed this

Fleet_Foxes_Later_Jools_Holland 3 tracksFleet Foxes is a Seattle-based folk band signed to the Sub Pop and Bella Union record labels. The band came to prom...
                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

This is what it feels like to complete an IronMan. Emotional stuff when you invest so much time in something and for it to pay off!!
                                    It looks like you are holding up the roof behind you!
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Skinny fecker !!

But...

SPOILER
                                      Dude....lose the knee socks....
                                      Last edited by oleras; 02-08-11, 01:23.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Pretty disgraceful, but i'm hardly surprised given the state of journalism and the media
                                        Fair play to that guy, bit any pics of yourself Fran

Just kidding, once again great achievement, your fitness is obvious through the roof over the last few months. You put in a ridic amount of work and it obviously paid off.
                                        Looking forward to the trip report, especially the swim leg.

On a slightly sour note, my 14km City2Surf run is in 12 days, and will look rather insignificant next to this, thanks

Comment

On the back of frans iron man, i just got back from 44km hike over 7 mountains in every weather condition possible. Never felt better to be honest.

Comment

One thing that is missing from IPB is photoshop/MS paint threads,
                                            I think Jackybacks pic above would make a good start

Comment

Comedy through singing is almost always terrible. I always cringe a bit when I see a comedian getting out a guitar. If I was at a gig where that was the only type of 'comedy' I wouldn't stay long.

Comment

One thing that is missing from IPB is photoshop/MS paint threads,
                                                I think Jackybacks pic above would make a good start
                                                I was actually suppose to start one of these awhile back but totally forgot to do it

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  Just watched this talk by David Spiegel on hypnosis in medicine, you might find it interesting:
                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlFaIxTv1_w
                                                  Thank you for posting, very interesting talk, got first hour watched, will finish tomorrow.
                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I was actually suppose to start one of these awhile back but totally forgot to do it
                                                    Go for it now i say

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      Comedy through singing is almost always terrible. I always cringe a bit when I see a comedian getting out a guitar. If I was at a gig where that was the only type of 'comedy' I wouldn't stay long.
                                                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Go for it now i say
                                                        Was gonna do one with Bubbleking from the JP Masters but I think it would just end up all kinds of messy now, so will keep any eye out for some good pics.

Comment

I watched 10 mins of that for some reason. I don't find him the slightest bit funny I'm afraid.

Isn't that the same twat that was on the ground shouting the same thing essentially for 7 mins in another clip posted? That to me is the comedy equivalent of the tripe that some people posted in the music king games.

Comment

Looking forward to its return but gonna be weird without the original Spartacus

Has potential to be good going by the trailer

Comment

It certainly starts to turn it up a level in certain episodes.

Your woman ain't too bad either

[NSFW="!"][/NSFW]
                                                              She is very fine.

Finished season 5...wow !!!
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

I watched 10 mins of that for some reason. I don't find him the slightest bit funny I'm afraid.

Isn't that the same twat that was on the ground shouting the same thing essentially for 7 mins in another clip posted? That to me is the comedy equivalent of the tripe that some people posted in the music king games.
                                                                The guy who was holed up in a drain pipe ? raul moat gag ? he ia very hit and miss imo, not my kind of comedy.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Morning.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Oi Oi

Comment

Who was it that was in the Players Lounge recently?

Casing the joint perhaps....

Originally posted by RTE News
                                                                      Gardaí are investigating an armed robbery and a fire at The Players Lounge in Fairview, Dublin.
                                                                      A gang of four men, one armed with a handgun, entered the premises shortly after 2am and tied up the manager.
                                                                      They took a substantial amount of cash from the safe. A fire then broke out.
                                                                      Gardaí are treating the fire as suspicious. Extensive damage was caused to the lounge area of the pub.
                                                                      The scene has been preserved for forensic examination.
                                                                      Gardaí are appealing for witnesses.
                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone ever see Corky and the Juice Pigs live? They do 'comedy-through-music' very very well IMHO, not sure if they're still around but saw them at the comedy club in Galway a few times a decade or more ago, think they were Canadian. David O'Doherty was the MC at a gig I saw last year in the Iveagh Gardens and his songs were pretty funny to be honest.

Comment

How reliable is the 3g dongles for poker purposes?

I've been using it pretty heavily the last two weeks with downloading updates & music etc as its a new laptop but still havint put in any volume at all really poker wise as I'm bricken it it'll cut out heads up

So far I have to say I'm surprised that is hasn't dropped signal once so far & has quite good speed to be honest, I think I did a speed test before in the old place with the eircom broadband fixed & didnt have to much more speed I beleive

Comment

Got the net sorted yesterday and back to the grind with a few donkaments. Fun times...bubbling one when a BB calls my butt shove with 10,8o for about 1/3 his stack and getting it ai on turn to be hit by a 3 outer on river for a c.120bb pot! Lulz

SPOILER

Poker is just broken atm but ofc I'll keep trying to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                                                                How reliable is the 3g dongles for poker purposes?

I've been using it pretty heavily the last two weeks with downloading updates & music etc as its a new laptop but still havint put in any volume at all really poker wise as I'm bricken it it'll cut out heads up

So far I have to say I'm surprised that is hasn't dropped signal once so far & has quite good speed to be honest, I think I did a speed test before in the old place with the eircom broadband fixed & didnt have to much more speed I beleive

Fine for poker. I have a meteor dongle and used it for a over a month grinding while we had internet trouble at home. I presume 3G is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                  Fine for poker. I have a meteor dongle and used it for a over a month grinding while we had internet trouble at home. I presume 3G is the same.
                                                                                  I played a little with it in wicklow town briefly while I was waiting to get the broadband sorted but the only guys who service here where I am now is eircom

Guess I'll give it a go for this wkk & see how it works out, I'll stick to the $2.50 180's I guess so it wont sting to much just incase

funny that in the middle of nowhere though this dongle has at least twice the signal than it did when in wicklow town

Comment

Anyone here ever been to Clara Lara on a day out, we are heading there today, some mixed reviews on trip advisor!

were meant to go to Tayto park but the reviews on their facebook page have put me off, going to cost us 60 quid to get in and then 2 euro here and there to use facilities and that you would walk around it in 20 mins
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Clara Lara is in Wicklow, therefore it is amazing.

The only bad thing about Wicklow is Bray.

Comment

Just got a visit from this Romanian girl who used to live here. She was looking to see if any post had come for her. I remember the landlord saying she robbed everything out of the place when she left. She told me my post box is empty, wtf! You need a key to check that out ffs. Will have to hide the laptop when I go out since she saw it on the table.

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                        Anyone here ever been to Clara Lara on a day out, we are heading there today, some mixed reviews on trip advisor!

were meant to go to Tayto park but the reviews on their facebook page have put me off, going to cost us 60 quid to get in and then 2 euro here and there to use facilities and that you would walk around it in 20 mins
                                                                                        The mother brought us a few times when we were young, had a blast(albeit about 20 years ago but can't have gone down hill that much). Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                          The only bad thing about Wicklow is Bray.
                                                                                          and Arklow
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                            She is very fine.

Finished season 5...wow !!!
                                                                                            Yeah big time!

SPOILER
                                                                                            I was absolutely blown away when it happened couldn't believe it

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            Morning.
                                                                                            No bacon sandwich this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              and Arklow
                                                                                              I consider that kip Wexford.

Comment

No bacon sandwich this morning?
                                                                                                Funny you should mention, I had a posh bacon sandwich - New Yorker Panini. Ham, cheddar, bacon and gherkins. A+++ sandwich would eat again.
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

med school offers are out this week - very hard to get any work done. nervous times ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                    med school offers are out this week - very hard to get any work done. nervous times ahead
                                                                                                    good luck.
                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                      I consider that kip Wexford.
                                                                                                      then you should consider Bray to be Dublin by the same logic

now you have a decent county

you're welcome

Comment

nervous at the prospect of being shipped off to Limerick?

understandable I suppose

gl, now would be the time to run good

Comment

Fort Lucan looks interesting as well, probably more for the younger kid though.

Fort Lucan Outdoor Adventureland - Dublin's favourite outdoor theme park for children!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            then you should consider Bray to be Dublin by the same logic

now you have a decent county

you're welcome
                                                                                                            Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

Like fk me, are they actually meant to be funny? Is it because its american humour or because theyre women??
                                                                                                              At some stage in the 90's funny people were replaced by media/arty/stage school gobshites on comedy stages

And yes they are all shite and the people laughing are just media/arty/stage school gobshites who want to be on comedy stages

I blame the dangerous brothers, load of arty wanks saw them in the 80's and went "I could do that"

No you fucking can't, you cunts!

QFT

He is pretty much saying what you said above, just taking a lot longer to say it

Ooh and Tim Minchin is shite and all!

Comment

Is GB still around? Need to fire off a few cvs looking for some stop-gap jobs and need some cv advice about it.

Can't see this internship turn into a job anymore tbh, i'm essentially just studying in their offices with zero direction or guidance. Pretty pissed about it tbh

Comment

Girl from work was there on Saturday. She fell off the zipline and nearly broke her cocyx. Hope this helps :-)

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                    Funny you should mention, I had a posh bacon sandwich - New Yorker Panini. Ham, cheddar, bacon and gherkins. A+++ sandwich would eat again.
                                                                                                                    Sounds ok bar the gherkins.

Good luck Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      Is GB still around? Need to fire off a few cvs looking for some stop-gap jobs and need some cv advice about it.

Can't see this internship turn into a job anymore tbh, i'm essentially just studying in their offices with zero direction or guidance. Pretty pissed about it tbh
                                                                                                                      That was my fear. If they are paying you then management want to see a return on investment and squeeze their underlings to get work from you. No pay they are under no pressure to assist you so they'll just ignore you in order to do their own work. GL with the job hunt.
                                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                        Fort Lucan looks interesting as well, probably more for the younger kid though.

http://www.fortlucan.com/
                                                                                                                        that looks great too, i didnt realise all these places were in Ireland lol
                                                                                                                        I showed the 6 ry the pics but she wants to go to Clara lara, so maybe next week. thanks

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                                                        Girl from work was there on Saturday. She fell off the zipline and nearly broke her cocyx. Hope this helps :-)
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X