This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
    It worked for them in the second half of last season.
    Martinez is dreadfully overrated imo. He clearly fails at getting his squad ready to go when the season begins. And I don't care what formation was working for them the end of last season - that's about as tactically naive a 10 minutes of Premiership football you'll see this year.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Are you really going to try justify Wigan playing 3 at the back against this Chelsea attack?
      I am. There playing 2 wing backs as well so it's not just a flat back 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
        Nah I rang colms friend to see did he fancy going, but he is out of work so cant. he said the same as you to go up on my own and will bump into someone but because i havent been up in there in so long really dont fancy going alone. Also the particular pub where myself and colm would go is a pub that my usual friends wouldnt go to, so the chances of bumping into someone are slim.

Then meet new friends; ever stranger is a friend you haven't met yet or

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
          Check out girl left of the rocks ........nice tune as well ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjQr...ayer_embedded#!
          Class song!!! Watched it on the phone during the week on the way to work one day and never noticed the girl, seen it on the laptop then the other day and noticed the boobs were out, think it was filmed in Lanzarote or somewhere similar. Wasn't someones daughter out there around that time???

Couldn't get the song out of my head then for a couple of days, Original song came from this

Comment

Be quiet!

Comment

Come on man - watch a replay of the first goal. It's fucking awful stuff!
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                Does Hazard get an assist for being fouled for the peno?
                Yup

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                  Come on man - watch a replay of the first goal. It's fucking awful stuff!
                  I agree. Awful defending.

Comment

lol, clear cut penalty

Comment

If Lamps gets pulled down for a pen and takes it himself does he get a assist and a goal in FF?
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        If Lamps gets pulled down for a pen and takes it himself does he get a assist and a goal in FF?
                        nope. Just the goal.

Tricky bit of rules imo. Unassisted goals are horrible in FF!

Comment

Hazard and Mata are going to have some craic tormenting defences this year. Marin still to come back from injury also . Is Sturridge the only recognized striker after Torres?

Comment

Hazard and Mata are going to have some craic tormenting defences this year. Marin still to come back from injury also . Is Sturridge the only recognized striker after Torres?
                            Yuuuuuuuup

Comment

That Yacob guy had a real tidy game for West Brom today, looks like a talent. Not sure why this game got first showing on MOTD though, midtable teams usually get put way down the billing.
                              One of the more annoying things about 21st century MOTD is the way they base the running order on the actual results.
                              Like if MUFC v Southampton is first up in an eight game program, then you instinctively know that this game wasn't the routine home victory that would have been expected.
                              They should publish a running order in advance and stick with it ; I'm sure there is still a decent proportion of their audience who watch it without knowing the results yet the running order is itself a spoiler.

And they both (RTE and BBC) need shooting for stuff like 'we start at St James Park, with possibly one of the games of the century' that they came out with for the 4-4 v Arsenal last year

Comment

Do they still do bonus points in FF? I bought in Dyer for Swansea and was expecting a nice 15 or 16 points but still only 13

Comment

Yuuuuuuuup
                                  Sheeeeeeeit. Surely you'll have some more cover bought before the window shuts....

Comment

Sheeeeeeeit. Surely you'll have some more cover bought before the window shuts....
                                    That is the plan.

No idea who we will eventually get but should get one big name striker.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      One of the more annoying things about 21st century MOTD is the way they base the running order on the actual results.
                                      Like if MUFC v Southampton is first up in an eight game program, then you instinctively know that this game wasn't the routine home victory that would have been expected.
                                      They should publish a running order in advance and stick with it ; I'm sure there is still a decent proportion of their audience who watch it without knowing the results yet the running order is itself a spoiler.

And they both (RTE and BBC) need shooting for stuff like 'we start at St James Park, with possibly one of the games of the century' that they came out with for the 4-4 v Arsenal last year
                                      They didn't use to do this did they? I remember watching MOTD as a kid in the nineties (i.e. when it was much easier to avoid results if you wanted to) and being genuinely surprised as the show developed. Nostalgia or fact?

Comment

Pietersen out for a first ball duck in Surrey game against Hampshire.

Comment

Wigan have looked pretty good apart from the first 10 mins or so. Deserve to get a goal back at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                            Do they still do bonus points in FF? I bought in Dyer for Swansea and was expecting a nice 15 or 16 points but still only 13
                                            Monday
                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              It's even worse as the ball is deviating off a straight line, both through the air and off the pitch, plus you have variable bounce off the pitch.

Either very brave or very stupid to be bowling bouncers to a guy who could decapitate you!
                                              Evan at the low level I played at the bowling was lethal. I saw a guys elbow just disintegrate when hit by a fast ball one day.

Playing as wicket keeper, ensuring that my box (groin protector) was in the gear bag before leaving the house was the first and most important check of the day
                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

They didn't use to do this did they? I remember watching MOTD as a kid in the nineties (i.e. when it was much easier to avoid results if you wanted to) and being genuinely surprised as the show developed. Nostalgia or fact?
                                                Mainly fact. Back then they only had the full twelve camera set-up at two games, so they were commited to showing these games as the main games regardless of the score.
                                                The rest of the games only had a minimal camera setup (one in centre, one behind each goal) so they would show basic highlights of these games after the two main games, even if one of these latter games was the unexpected 5-5 hightlight of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Mainly fact. Back then they only had the full twelve camera set-up at two games, so they were commited to showing these games as the main games regardless of the score.
                                                  The rest of the games only had a minimal camera setup (one in centre, one behind each goal) so they would show basic highlights of these games after the two main games, even if one of these latter games was the unexpected 5-5 hightlight of the day.
                                                  You are knowledgeable about the strangest things

Comment

Torres' effort levels off the ball have been pretty shocking!
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Torres' effort levels off the ball have been pretty shocking!
                                                      Formation doesn't suit him. Doesn't help that the only player who he has an understanding with is being marked and tackled out of the game.

Comment

Very impressive league debut by Hazard it must be said.

Comment

I fully expect Torres to get 20+ goals this season. He's quality and it would be hard no to with that Chelsea midfield.

Comment

Oscar is going to be a serious player.

Comment

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Kaka to Utd?? Anyone know where this is coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Kaka would be a strange signing.

Could be amazing, will more than likely be another Veron.

Comment

Fun Night in the fitz last night, playing PLO, The regs thinking the game being built around me, them 3 betting all my opens.

Won over 1000bb

Comment

This hurling match is going to brilliant!

Comment

Come on Kilkenny!

I posted before that I'm on them at 8s to win it out, have a feeling I should have backed Tipp today to lock up some loots.

Comment

I missed the teamsheets at the start of the Chelsea game. At some point early in the 1st half I heard Ryan Bertrand's name being mentioned. I was surprised he was playing and looked out to see where he was. I neither saw him nor heard his name for the rest of the 1st half and assumed they had been just mentioning his name even though he wasn't playing.

Then some time in the 50-somethingth minute I saw him on the left wing. It may well have been the most anonymous game I have ever seen a player have on the wing.

Di Matteo should play Mata - Oscar - Hazard at the front 3 in the midfield imo.

Comment

Real ra, ra! bullish confidence from you the whole way through this Glyn. Would be pretty sick to fall short!
                                                                              Surely would. My confidence has been based on solid ground though - SA have been manifestly the better side throughout the series. They have enough runs to win comfortably from here.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Come on Kilkenny!

I posted before that I'm on them at 8s to win it out, have a feeling I should have backed Tipp today to lock up some loots.
                                                                                Kilkenny at 8s? surely a pisstake unless someone personally agve you the bet.
                                                                                Have contested 7 of the last all ireland finals 8s

Comment

hey guys massive value alert in JP sunday Deepstack game, he has posted over the thread that only three players have shown up! 1500euro gar, obv im not there because i wouldnt be post this i would be rubbing free money on my tity's!!

Comment

Whoo hoo!! cmon Tipp
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                      Kilkenny at 8s? surely a pisstake unless someone personally agve you the bet.
                                                                                      Have contested 7 of the last all ireland finals 8s
                                                                                      Not a pisstake, I did post about it in here when I got it. Not from a bookies, just a guy who was mouthing that they didn't have a chance(after they got beat by Galway iirc), he put his money where his mouth is I guess and laid 8/1. I got on before they beat Limerick but he gave 8/1 to a friend of mine after that game. I rarely watch the game tbh but figured it was a stupid price. Think he stands to lose around €3k if they win it out, he'll pay up too or obv I wouldn't have bothered putting it on.

IMO he could have given half that price and would have taken the same amount of bets but I'm not complaining, just think I prob should have laid them at evens and got a tasty free bet or backed Tipp today, but I may as well let it ride now.

Exciting game!

Comment

Tipp will be delighted to be going in a point up. Tipps bench could make the difference if it stays close.

Comment

Kilkenny gonna take this down!! fucking sickened I aint in the pub watching it!
                                                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 19-08-12, 15:54. Reason: For obv reasons lol
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Looks like a serious knee injury for Aguero.

Comment

Now I remember how much I hate FF

Comment

Can anyone do $50 on Stars for my PP?

Comment

Fantasy disaster!

Comment

Link for City game please.

Comment

Here
                                                                                                      Link for City game please.

Comment

I think you could get away with stabbing a man in an All Ireland semi, murder might merit a free and a yellow.

Comment

Stupid amateur sport.

Tipp are rusty, off pace and unfocused.
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

lol Citeh!

Comment

lol Citeh!
                                                                                                              First goal of the season and it's against the premiership champions,
                                                                                                              Ref books a lad for celebrating. wtf.

I really hope Mancini comes out with some excuse like they need new signings or some shit, they'll be found out in the champions league again this year.
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Zomfg
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Cracking 2nd half so far.

Comment

These yellow cards are really irksome,
                                                                                                                    I thought originally it was only if a bare chest was exposed, because the muzzies and the izzies would start jihad or something?
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                                      Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
                                                                                                                      As many of you are asking, is completely false that Manchester United have contacted Madrid about Kaka. Nothing at all in it

Comment

Ah, the return of the "Player as 1st sub who gets 13 points, other player not getting his game, comes on in 86th minute for 1 point versus 13 fantasy football tilt".

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                                                          Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
                                                                                                                          As many of you are asking, is completely false that Manchester United have contacted Madrid about Kaka. Nothing at all in it
                                                                                                                          Guillem Ballbag is a ballbag he tweeted this morn that Sahin was def going to Liverpool while everyone else knew he was of to Arsenal. Like 90% of these id take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X