Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is really no wrong answer when it comes to choosing where to spend your money on football competitions.

You could choose to enter the predictions league or you could choose to enter the fantasy football league. They are both great competitions in their own rights, much like picking a car really. You could choose to drive a skoda or you can actually get a full volkswagen instead.

Accept no imitations, sign up for Fantasy Premier League http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=14727

3 days to go
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

In Scotland how long does it take between a death and the funeral typically? I know it is generally 10 days or so in England, but is it similar in Scotland? The mother of a close friend died and I'm on holiday soon so just wondering what the normal process is before asking him for the arrangements at an inappropriately soon time.

Comment

leaving results out today,sounds of happiness and joy can be heard wafting through my humble abode
        SPOILER
        thank god

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          Technically, no participants might have any players from a specific game. Unlikely, but possible. 7 fully paid entries so far.
          Even if thats the case there is still an interest in that specific game as you have transfers to make each week and any players in it cvould be a potential target.

If yer not interested in every game yer just not doing it right.

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
            leaving results out today,sounds of happiness and joy can be heard wafting through my humble abode
            SPOILER
            thank god

Me and you both. Didn't even realise how uptight I was about it until the call came through
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Fitness guys could I get a link to a good article debunking the low fat = good myth please.

Comment

Irish Paralympic team for London 2012. 49 Competitors in total

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                  Jesus thats some rain out there
                  kindly allow it to vent its fury on you Munsteranians and leave us soft Pale-dwellers to our more temperate climate, tyvm

have you been following this KP debacle btw? Great news for us but bad for the game in general. What a self-involved twat.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In Scotland how long does it take between a death and the funeral typically? I know it is generally 10 days or so in England, but is it similar in Scotland? The mother of a close friend died and I'm on holiday soon so just wondering what the normal process is before asking him for the arrangements at an inappropriately soon time.
                    ^^

eh, 2/3 days imo. Same as here.

Comment

They better bring back the medals or Lloyd will be onto the Indo again!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        ^^

eh, 2/3 days imo. Same as here.
                        They definitely leave it longer than that in England a lot of the time.

Comment

10 days seems abnormally long. Surely 5 or 6 days at the absolute most.

Comment

Re the paralympians. Can we also give a shout out to the cycling/running partners. Train every bit as hard, make all of the same sacrifices and get fuck all credit because you aren't good enough to make it to the able bodied games. Seems wrong to me.

A little birdie was telling me about the irish documentary re the blind cyclist going to the paralympics and they didn't even mention that she will be doing everything on a tandem bike with a partner. Not even a scene with them training together which was pretty hard to do as they are inseparable in training.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              They definitely leave it longer than that in England a lot of the time.
                              10 days seems very long

although nowhere near as crazy as the Sicilians who mummify their dead

SPOILER

Comment

Haha....have my resignation email ready to go to my place of employment in Cork but their incompetence seems to have spread as far as the mail system which won't let me in. Can't even fucking leave without it being a hassle.

Interview in DCU next Tue for the lecturing gig...One time for the golden ticket!

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                  Yeah the AA v 99 was the ticket although I nearly fucked it up with a typical completely unnecessary bluff with 6 left.

Anyway, do you know what the package is? Done a quick search and found nothing.

You going?
                                  Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  This is it. When i checked lobby, i thought it was the £1000 buyin game, but then found out it's a £120 game with £880 expenses which i'm not crazy about.

I might play the one at the weekend that has 5 x £1k packages gtd, and if i can't transfer the ticket, i'll just take a hit on it and settle for the £880 expenses and be happy with that. I won't be going anyway. Would need to finish top 20 or something just to break even for the trip!
                                  Will the bu;lk of the £880 not be in hotel expenses though? the tournament runs for 5 days.

Chris, I think I won the same package on Boyles, Entry €20.

I didn't realise it was a 5 day event so could not enter it.

My package was for Coventry, 10 mins from Birmingham airport by train. Return flights with Ryan Air were very cheap at something like €46.

The guys at D4 and also Ciaran Corbett were very helpful but the package had to be taken up but they did allow selling it on.

The package was worth Stg £1000.

Stg£350 were the expenses which were paid directly into my Boyle account. The Stg£650 balance included 6 nights in the Hilton Hotel and the entry into the tournament Stg£100 + Stg£20 Reg. (This event is not the main event this week).

I went on to Blonde Poker & The Hendon Mob sites to sell the package & got a few offers & did manage to sell it (for a lot less than the value).

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    If the rash goes right around and meets in the middle you'll die... just saying.

One of the sorest things I've ever experienced, if it is early in the outbreak try to get the doc to prescribe a high dose of acyclovir

Isn't that called Ringworm

Comment

What do people think would be appropriate attire for the interview? It's internal to the department so it'll just be 3 lecturers who I've known for 15 years interviewing me and see me daily in t-shirt, sports coat, jeans, cons type of clothes.
                                      I'm thinking a full suit might be a bit, well, weird as they know I'm not a suit wearer at all!

Opinions welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        What do people think would be appropriate attire for the interview? It's internal to the department so it'll just be 3 lecturers who I've known for 15 years interviewing me and see me daily in t-shirt, sports coat, jeans, cons type of clothes.
                                        I'm thinking a full suit might be a bit, well, weird as they know I'm not a suit wearer at all!

Opinions welcome.
                                        dress like a typical lecturer

(wear a suit ffs, you shouldn't even have to ask)

Comment

(wear a suit ffs, you shouldn't even have to ask)
                                          alright alright!...just checking!

Comment

How Irish people could complain about a little rain and wind is very funny!!

Question for the Waterford people at a lose end here in Wexford for a couple of days and was thinking of making the trip over to the blaaah country for a game of cards

What's the best game and when over the next couple of days?

Comment

Opinions welcome.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                How Irish people could complain about a little rain and wind is very funny!!

Question for the Waterford people at a lose end here in Wexford for a couple of days and was thinking of making the trip over to the blaaah country for a game of cards

What's the best game and when over the next couple of days?
                                                Tonight in the Showboat bar(in the back of it) is the only one that is dealer dealt - €50 + 5. Usually between 16 to 22 players. 8pm start

Kakak1 is the only regular poster who will be there. I think I have to give it a miss tonight
                                                Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 15-08-12, 11:28.
                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

alright alright!...just checking!
                                                  Nothing says Hire Me Now! like top hat & tails:

If you want to hint at a little informality, maybe leave your collar unbuttoned? I very rarely wear a suit but almost always leave my collar unbuttoned when I do, it's my small way of fighting back against The Man.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                      Chris, I think I won the same package on Boyles, Entry €20.

I didn't realise it was a 5 day event so could not enter it.

My package was for Coventry, 10 mins from Birmingham airport by train. Return flights with Ryan Air were very cheap at something like €46.

The guys at D4 and also Ciaran Corbett were very helpful but the package had to be taken up but they did allow selling it on.

The package was worth Stg £1000.

Stg£350 were the expenses which were paid directly into my Boyle account. The Stg£650 balance included 6 nights in the Hilton Hotel and the entry into the tournament Stg£100 + Stg£20 Reg. (This event is not the main event this week).

I went on to Blonde Poker & The Hendon Mob sites to sell the package & got a few offers & did manage to sell it (for a lot less than the value).
                                                      Cheers for the response, I am thinking of going over on the Friday morning and playing the tournament, the winner last year got over £30k. either way I can play the £1k the following day so it wont be a wasted trip.

I
                                                      twitter
                                                      moneybookers

Comment

Comment

Opinions welcome.
                                                          Wear a suit. And tidy up your day to day attire ffs.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                            Well there's the last of the four in our family getting between 410 and 420 Leaving Cert points. A remarkably consistent mid-table performance across the years.
                                                            410 now is a lot easier then 15 years ago. Make sure to make this point to the younger siblings.

Comment

Well there's the last of the four in our family getting between 410 and 420 Leaving Cert points. A remarkably consistent mid-table performance across the years.
                                                              Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              410 now is a lot easier then 15 years ago. Make sure to make this point to the younger siblings.
                                                              The 3 of us were very different. One sister got 510, the other got 360 while I got 400. 360 girl is the only one with a permanent job

Comment

Comment

Ship the VTOS payments for college almost doubling my current income . Badly needed i tells ya .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                    I'd love an opportunity to sit my leaving cert again.
                                                                    Be nice to see how much better you could do...

Comment

I'd love an opportunity to sit my leaving cert again.
                                                                      , what a strange thing to wish for.

I'd love an opportunity to go back to college and do something interesting, instead of the unbelievably dull B.Comm that I did do. Almost pulled the trigger on History and Politics in TCD instead and talked myself out of it. But for that, there could be a picture of me in every house in the country and you would all bow before the radio as I made my weekly speeches to the nation.

Comment

I honestly regret not having been able to give it everything I would have liked. Totally irrelevant now as I am sure that 600 points would be a slamdunk for me and it is not a like for like.
                                                                        this reminds me of an article I read recently

they got a bunch of public figures (authors, intellectuals, journalists etc) to sit the exam that 12 y/o's do in the UK

I think only 2 of them passed it

Comment

It depends on the day that they pass away. If you pass Sat/Sun it would be Tue/Wed If you go on a Monday it's normally Wed etc.

2-3 days. Unless it is suspicious circumstances and they need to check the body.

Comment

Tbh i'd expect a 20-25% improvement in grades. Although you would have to learn the new syllabus'.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                              Be nice to see how much better you could do...
                                                                              It would be all about subject selection for me anyway.

Business, economics, accounting are certs.

History,Geography,Construction and Engineering.

Im no way construction or engineering inclined but easy for the points. I literally had no clue about anything construction related in the LC and managed a C3 in honours. I probably studied it the night before.
                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

this reminds me of an article I read recently

they got a bunch of public figures (authors, intellectuals, journalists etc) to sit the exam that 12 y/o's do in the UK

I think only 2 of them passed it
                                                                                Imagine trying to do the honours leaving cert maths exams again - the horror... I was fairly good at maths but in the 15+ years since I've forgotten almost everything apart from the most basic stuff, shocking! Zero chance I'd even pass it now. Similarly with French, Irish or Physics. I reckon I'd pass English (unless the amount of marks given to analysis of a set body of literature is higher than I remember), Geography and History, maybe manage an honour in the last one given the fact I've two degrees in the subject and have a pretty good casual knowledge of a wide range of historical topics.

Given four months off work and properly incentivised, would I match my 1995 results? I'm not so sure...

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

Im no way construction or engineering inclined but easy for the points. I literally had no clue about anything construction related in the LC and managed a C3 in honours. I probably studied it the night before.
                                                                                  Construction is a LC subject now? No wonder the country is fucked

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

Im no way construction or engineering inclined but easy for the points. I literally had no clue about anything construction related in the LC and managed a C3 in honours.
                                                                                    I would change my subject choices for sure. All mine were all over the place - Biology, economics, German and geography. Naturally would hit all business subject up for some serious points

Comment

My brother rang me to tell me i owe him a lot of money. I offered €5 for every point he beat me by. The little prick got 475 which means i owe him €275.

If i could do it all again, would I? Fuck yes, doing Accounting was the worst mistake of my life. Going to Edinburgh to do it not so much.
                                                                                      Last edited by TomD; 15-08-12, 12:26.

Comment

Construction is a LC subject now? No wonder the country is fucked
                                                                                        In most all boys schools it was all the rage when I was doing it in 2005 obviously. Hence a few of my class actually still work on the amusement rides in Tramore..

Comment

I'm actually busy applying to agencies now for jobs etc so have my 'work stuff' folder open beside me and just checked my LC results, 3 A1s, 1A2, C1 and C2 from my 6 honours subjects. Maths was the worst.

undoubtedly the peak of my formal academic career

Comment

Imo Geography was by far the easiest LC subject available. Tap in A for anyone with a bit of sense.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

I dont think Id do any better in the LC if I did it today. Being lazy is what always fucked me up and if anything thats gotten worse not better

Comment

Cheers for the response, I am thinking of going over on the Friday morning and playing the tournament, the winner last year got over £30k. either way I can play the £1k the following day so it wont be a wasted trip.

I

Chris, my start date was set in stone & also the 6 days in the Hotel so had no choice

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                  I dont think Id do any better in the LC if I did it today. Being lazy is what always fucked me up and if anything thats gotten worse not better
                                                                                                  This is also playing on my mind. Chronic laziness and procrastination are two things you could associate with me

Comment

This is also playing on my mind. Chronic laziness and procrastination are two things you could associate with me
                                                                                                    I could..but I'm not arsed
                                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

^^ well pretty much so I could \/

I honestly regret not having been able to give it everything I would have liked. Totally irrelevant now as I am sure that 600 points would be a slamdunk for me and it is not a like for like.
                                                                                                      GAB-how was Ardmore? Hope you availed of the opportunity to sit on the balcony? Italian Riviera like on a nice day eh?

Comment

This comes up a lot with me and my mates - what do you think is the better system, the A-levels or LC?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                          wtf? How would I know anything about shagging dead bodies.
                                                                                                          You might not be quite ready for private practice just yet.

P.S. In case you were wondering, I'm at a suicide prevention talk today, with shingles. FML twice.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Icarus152; 15-08-12, 12:45.
                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                                                                                                            GAB-how was Ardmore? Hope you availed of the opportunity to sit on the balcony? Italian Riviera like on a nice day eh?
                                                                                                            this shows levels of delusion equivalent to certain Dubs who liken Dublin Bay to Naples

Comment

One hell of a fantastic excuse

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                              http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

this shows levels of delusion equivalent to certain Dubs who liken Dublin Bay to Naples
                                                                                                                You'll see, you'll see

Comment

...

Comment

Flicked on the welcoming ceremony there for the olympians. Not sure who that was presenting it but he couldn't have done a worse job. Some muppet. Cringeworthy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                      Flicked on the welcoming ceremony there for the olympians. Not sure who that was presenting it but he couldn't have done a worse job. Some muppet. Cringeworthy stuff.
                                                                                                                      Not watching, but from your description it sounds like Des Cahill (or possibly Daithi O'Se).

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                        Not watching, but from your description it sounds like Des Cahill (or possibly Daithi O'Se).
                                                                                                                        Yep Des Cahill that's it. What an absolute moron.

Comment

The 3 of us were very different. One sister got 510, the other got 360 while I got 400. 360 girl is the only one with a permanent job
                                                                                                                          Nothing wrong with getting 360! I don't think i even cracked the 300 mark. We only got 7 subjects to play off in school, while others got 9/10. The whole class was fucking stupid tho, and even tho we were in the top class in school, only 1 guy did honours maths so obv got very very little dedicated time from the teacher

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X