Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: one drop. Chamath Palihapitiya was the Facebook guy that was on the ME coverage in 2011. Pretty sure he's the soft spot of that whole tourney. Also, Roland DeWolfe...dafuq is he doing in there?

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
      I wonder what edge the players think they have in this? Seems like there are quite a few business men in it.

I'm not sure. The charity donation has to really put a dent in a lot of the EV if there was any! I guess alot of the edge will come down to those who won't suffer TLS.

Comment

I wonder what edge the players think they have in this? Seems like there are quite a few business men in it.
        Im sure we will find out by their mark-up

Comment

Payouts are:

Total $42,666,672 (Prize Pool)

The remainder of the prize pool, $5,533,328 will go to OneDrop.org, an official charity partner of the
          World Series of Poker. Out of each $1 million entry fee, $111,111 has been ear-marked to go
          towards OneDrop. For this event, the WSOP eliminated all typical house fees to operate the event.
          In terms of records, the $18,346,673 is the largest-ever first place prize awarded in any sporting event
          of any kind (outside of boxing). Additionally, the second-place prize of $10,112,001, will become the
          third-largest prize ever awarded in poker, behind Jamie Gold’s haul in the 2006 WSOP Main Event
          ($12 million).

How is there so much loot in Boxing? Sponsorship mainly?

Comment

Anyone interested in a sweepstake for the One Drop Milly? For a bit of craic.

Bubbleking re. Armagh wind your neck in. oh right your from Meath.... says it all really

Comment

Some of the businessmen aren't exactly mugs though. David Einhorn might not be a professional poker player but I'd imagine he'll be pretty tough. And then you have the likes of Guy Lailiberte who won't have an ounce of fear.

I think it's a pretty awesome event. About the only event at the WSOP I'll pay any attention to.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                Rick Salomon playing aka the star of One night in Paris, that should make for some interesting table talk.
                One night ? 10 mins would do me...
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                  Anyone interested in a sweepstake for the One Drop Milly? For a bit of craic.
                  Yep. Set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                    Some of the businessmen aren't exactly mugs though. David Einhorn might not be a professional poker player but I'd imagine he'll be pretty tough. And then you have the likes of Guy Lailiberte who won't have an ounce of fear.

I think it's a pretty awesome event. About the only event at the WSOP I'll pay any attention to.
                    Dwan often tweets that most of the Macau guys play well.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    Yep. Set it up.
                    Been meaning to do this myself, but I'm a lazy lazy man.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Yep. Set it up.
                      Im up for doing this, but in truth I would be a bit of a novice at this and if anyone else wants to do I wouldn't mind at all , i'll throw up a Poll thread and see if we can get any interest.

Comment

There's enough businessmen in the event to make it decent value for top pros, Ivey must be licking his lips.

Surprised at some of the pros reged wouldn't have thought a lot of them have that kind of dough, and selling % to a million quid event must be hard enough.

Comment

Lads, looking for RB on Ipoker if available, can you drop me a PM please?

Comment

Steak, sweet potato mash, corn on cob. Pepper sauce.

Cranberry Wensleydale, sharp Stilton, crackers.

<£10

Comment

Where would the likes of Mike Sexton be getting 1M to play a tourny, maybe he's worth gazillions?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                Steak, sweet potato mash, corn on cob. Pepper sauce.

Cranberry Wensleydale, sharp Stilton, crackers.

<£10
                                M&S spambot?

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                  M&S spambot?
                                  gimp suit, ball gag, horse whip, rope, Chains, paddles.

<£500

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                    There's enough businessmen in the event to make it decent value for top pros, Ivey must be licking his lips.

Surprised at some of the pros reged wouldn't have thought a lot of them have that kind of dough, and selling % to a million quid event must be hard enough.
                                    I think the edge is alot lower that this. Look at Ivey's table - Combined tournament earnings of about $55m. Also what Lloyd said - The business men aren't stupid. They will probably have a lot of experience playing poker and/or be fearless in the tournament. Looking at the job descriptions I don't see anyone who is likely a mug.

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                    Where would the likes of Mike Sexton be getting 1M to play a tourny, maybe he's worth gazillions?

I would say there is minimal players bought in for 100% of themselves. Alot of %'s will be bought in the higher poker cliques in Vegas.

Sexton, I don't know. I don't think playing poker is his main income now.
                                    Last edited by RoadSweeper; 30-06-12, 18:48.

Comment

I know absolutely nothing about Mike Sexton but I take it he was leveling the whole world when he used to commentate on the WPT a while back if he can afford/get backed to play in this?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                        I know absolutely nothing about Mike Sexton but I take it he was leveling the whole world when he used to commentate on the WPT a while back if he can afford/get backed to play in this?

Opr
                                        Pretty sure he made a lot of money from Party Poker shares back in the early days of online poker. He's not short of a bob or two but most of it came from non-poker playing.
                                        sigpic
                                        www.d4events.com

Comment

Opr
                                          He said in a tweet he didn't have much of himself, but didn't reveal where he was getting the loot.

Comment

Crazy scenes in court 2 it seems. 14-14 in the 5th set atm. Another Isner, Mahut on the horizon?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              He said in a tweet he didn't have much of himself, but didn't reveal where he was getting the loot.
                                              Tony G?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Lmao never had you down for full blown talking through your arse hypocrisy
                                                Asides from the general load of inane claptrap that is I assume we will hear no more from you on the subject of Dublin hurling

In the meantime why don't you stick it up your gash as you join Lloyd and opr in the sin bin of ridonkulous sports posts
                                                Ha, ok first of all much as I love Dublin GAA in general I'm more of a football man but, of course, you are dead right. Dublin's use of non-Dublin based players in hurling shouldn't be allowed. Ever hear me say any different? Dublin hurling are the mercenaries to end all mercenaries. We spent obscene amounts of money on the development of hurling in the capital and still got stuffed by KK the other day (great article in today's Irish Independent about KK hurling by the way if you're interested).

By the way nothing I said about Kildare, Dublin or Meath was wrong nor was it logically inconsistent. I am glad to see that you can resort to downright nastiness when you feel like it though.
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I have until half 9 to secure my ticket for the 180 seat sunday blast satt im on 6k i need at least 15k.

Edit:13k mmmm this could be interesting.
                                                  Last edited by tipp86; 30-06-12, 20:08.
                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Baghdatis back to 1-1 with Murray, roof being closed so should be finished tonight

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                      over on 2p2 someone said that some rich businessman put up the whole 1million for him for a 50/50 split
                                                      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

This gets me every time

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                          Raise on the oldies...

Hilarious British animal voiceovers. Check Out this video to find out who is ALAN ALAN ALAN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKOx7kvFec at 2:40Enjoy !Credits...

Comment

What are peoples thoughts on Platini's plan/dream to have the 2020 euros to have 12host cities? Seems a bit strange
                                                            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just a good photoshop for the record

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                                What are peoples thoughts on Platini's plan/dream to have the 2020 euros to have 12host cities? Seems a bit strange
                                                                cant see it happening, sounds a bit unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                                  I posted earlier on it - imo its not a serious proposal by MP - what he is doing is basically begging other countries (Italy, Germany) to go up against Turkey for 2020 because of the risk of Turkey not being able to host it if they get the Olympics. The only other bids on the table are nonsense.

UEFA shoe-horned themselves into a corner by effectively guaranteeing it to Turkey, but not actually 'officially' declaring it a successful bid.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                    Names list so far for the Big One WSOP Event.

Kind of glad i didnt play it in the end, it's not the easiest looking tourny to win!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Commiserations, with some help and counselling you may be able to recover from this most empty and time consuming of addictions.
                                                                      I'm clean 15 years now and hopefully there will be no more relapses until I go senile and can find nothing interesting to fill my time with.
                                                                      Dont know if your being an arse for no reason with this or are taking the mickey. Either way i disagree with the entire content of this post.

Comment

Andy Murrays celebrations annoy me no fucking end

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                          you must adore the semi final of every slam in that case

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post

Not as much as his Ma

Comment

Andy Murray certainly is a rat bag.

Comment

I had to tidy up a load of overflowing records this evening and made this mix with some of the stuff i came across. Lots of shades of Saturday night funk.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Famous George - Last Night
                                                                                Criterions – Island Fever
                                                                                Mad Dog’s Hustle (Soundtrack) – Make It Hustle
                                                                                Mickey Murray – People Are Together
                                                                                The Bar Keys – WhiteHouseOrgy
                                                                                Louie Ramirez – The Boogie Man
                                                                                Ali Chuckwumah & His Peacemakers International – Henrietta
                                                                                Joe King Kologbo & His Black Sound – Another Man’s Thing
                                                                                The Sabres of Paradise – Theme
                                                                                The KLF – What Time Is Love?
                                                                                Goldfrapp – Slide In (DFA Instrumental Remix)
                                                                                Mulatu Astatke – Chifara
                                                                                Louie Ramirez – Lucy’s Spanish Harlem

Comment

Oleras/Hotspur sweat still alive. Gylfi's dad on Icelandic radio today saying he hasn't made a decision but will by tomorrow.

“The bottom line is he just wants to play and the main thing football-wise is to find the right team which will suit him the most," says his father

Opr

Comment

Comment

Oleras/Hotspur sweat still alive. Gylfi's dad on Icelandic radio today saying he hasn't made a decision but will by tomorrow.

“The bottom line is he just wants to play and the main thing football-wise is to find the right team which will suit him the most," says his father

Opr
                                                                                      Thats different from what I read from his dad today....... anyhow he was always going to announce his decision to go to Spurs tomorrow as thats when the window opens....

Comment

just finished watching the graceland documentary on TG4.

holy shit, paul simon is botoxed and knifed to hell
                                                                                        holy shit the man still has the voice of an angel
                                                                                        holy shit what an album (i'd forgotten how good it was after listening to it for years on end)
                                                                                        holy shit what a shit storm surrounding it

one of those albums that really moves you deeply, and still has you singing along to most of the songs.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                          just finished watching the graceland documentary on TG4.

holy shit, paul simon is botoxed and knifed to hell
                                                                                          holy shit the man still has the voice of an angel
                                                                                          holy shit what an album (i'd forgotten how good it was after listening to it for years on end)
                                                                                          holy shit what a shit storm surrounding it

one of those albums that really moves you deeply, and still has you singing along to most of the songs.
                                                                                          Nice helping hand for Ladysmith Black Mambaso aswell, must track that doc down.
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                            Nice helping hand for Ladysmith Black Mambaso aswell, must track that doc down.
                                                                                            of course, but that's the whole point, they don't exist without one another. pure joy in that album.

Comment

just listening to the album again

here's the live version in zimbabwe. just awesome

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Leave a Comment letting us know if you have ever been in a situation like this where you didnt give up, or if you have an amazing Dad :)**Contact us** - http...

Comment

Vanessa Selbst should be in the one drop. She'd only go and win it.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                    I had to tidy up a load of overflowing records this evening and made this mix with some of the stuff i came across. Lots of shades of Saturday night funk.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

This is a great tune about Lucy the numbers hustler in Spanish Harlem.

Artist: LOUIE RAMIREZAlbum: IN THE HEART OF THE SPANISH HARLEMLabel: MERCURY RECORDSYear: 1967Format: VINYLSIDE A1. Lucy's Spanish Harlem (Ramirez - Pollard ...

Comment

I like the way that on the one drop list some people are just regular businessmen and they've pointed out the ones who are asian. Helpful.

Comment

Could
                                                                                                        not
                                                                                                        stop
                                                                                                        lolling!
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Laurent Blanc apparently resigned as French manager.

Opr
                                                                                                            Kildare?

Comment

downloaded that for tomorrow cheers, I enjoyed that ska one you posted a while back looking forward to this.

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Famous George - Last Night
                                                                                                              Criterions – Island Fever
                                                                                                              Mad Dog’s Hustle (Soundtrack) – Make It Hustle
                                                                                                              Mickey Murray – People Are Together
                                                                                                              The Bar Keys – WhiteHouseOrgy
                                                                                                              Louie Ramirez – The Boogie Man
                                                                                                              Ali Chuckwumah & His Peacemakers International – Henrietta
                                                                                                              Joe King Kologbo & His Black Sound – Another Man’s Thing
                                                                                                              The Sabres of Paradise – Theme
                                                                                                              The KLF – What Time Is Love?
                                                                                                              Goldfrapp – Slide In (DFA Instrumental Remix)
                                                                                                              Mulatu Astatke – Chifara
                                                                                                              48

Comment

So what's better for the pros in this one drop yoke? A table full of fish business men that you can bust and chip up(which some have drawn) or the table of death where your playin the best and if you survive you have takin out some top pros and have a big big chance of busting a fish that bust all the other fish for all the monies???

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                                                  So what's better for the pros in this one drop yoke? A table full of fish business men that you can bust and chip up(which some have drawn) or the table of death where your playin the best and if you survive you have takin out some top pros and have a big big chance of busting a fish that bust all the other fish for all the monies???
                                                                                                                  Seriously?

Comment

I think the edge is alot lower that this. Look at Ivey's table - Combined tournament earnings of about $55m. Also what Lloyd said - The business men aren't stupid. They will probably have a lot of experience playing poker and/or be fearless in the tournament. Looking at the job descriptions I don't see anyone who is likely a mug.

I would say there is minimal players bought in for 100% of themselves. Alot of %'s will be bought in the higher poker cliques in Vegas.

I never said they were stupid, I'd hazard a guess that they for the most part are smarter than the pros, but the pros will still have a decent edge on them even if they re keen poker players. There is a fairly enormous difference between being a good player and being Philip Ivey.

Comment

Sexton sold his shares in party for over 20 million, although is rumored to have done it in on sports -

De Wolfe entry is interesting

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                                                        Seriously?
                                                                                                                        The question wasn't were u a dick yo? Some pros have gotten a very soft draw in this tourney. The question is would you like to hit the luck box straight away or after you have out played your fellow poker professionals that have already chipped up?

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                                                          The question wasn't were u a dick yo? Some pros have gotten a very soft draw in this tourney. The question is would you like to hit the luck box straight away or after you have out played your fellow poker professionals that have already chipped up?
                                                                                                                          Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X