This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€1000 up for grabs

For anyone unaware - Euro 2012 IPB Comp over here......

*Guaranteed €1k ftw.

*T&C apply, Not a guarantee
    Last edited by Dice75; 28-05-12, 09:36.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
      In word 2007 and 2010 its as simple as:

File -> save as -> select PDF from the drop down for file type.
      Learn something new everyday!

Comment

Pdf's may well be the thing I most hate during my day to day work life.

Converting them back can completely wreck the formatting and for several reasons we don't send pdf's out.

I also dont understand why people who clearly cant format a document properly and have all sorts of different fonts, sizes, bold, italics, spelling and grammar mistakes are always the most militant about how much better a pdf file looks compared to a word file.

I think the mentality is that a pdf due to the complexity of the conversion process must be much fancier to send on rather than anything to do with the actual appearance.

Rant (probably) over

Comment

Pretty awesome tech here
          In research for our latest Future Passed piece, I came across the mention of "Dataland" and a spatial data-management system. Hardly the most exciting-sounding concept, couched in academic...
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            €1000 up for grabs

For anyone unaware - Euro 2012 IPB Comp over here......

*Guaranteed €1k ftw.

*T&C apply, Not a guarantee
            Manage to cash y'day?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
              Manage to cash y'day?
              6th I think - 3 paid

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                We should get a last longest going on who gets an 'oul bang first...obv I'm hot fav but I'd be willing do the loot on it being one of the new puritan brigade
                Is that me? If so it's a solid bet.

Comment

Lads, please stop replying to the 'hello' type threads that are popping up lately. It doesnt help us in reducing the numbers of them. Just report them and we'll nuke them

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                    Pdf's may well be the thing I most hate during my day to day work life.

Converting them back can completely wreck the formatting and for several reasons we don't send pdf's out.

I also dont understand why people who clearly cant format a document properly and have all sorts of different fonts, sizes, bold, italics, spelling and grammar mistakes are always the most militant about how much better a pdf file looks compared to a word file.

I think the mentality is that a pdf due to the complexity of the conversion process must be much fancier to send on rather than anything to do with the actual appearance.

Rant (probably) over
                    Depends on your line of work and the priorities involved.

Often it is important that the document cannot be altered by the recipient and using PDF counteracts this to a certain extent.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                      Depends on your line of work and the priorities involved.

Often it is important that the document cannot be altered by the recipient and using PDF counteracts this to a certain extent.
                      You can lock a word file but this makes it annoying to change but not impossible by any means. Perhaps it is good for somethings but certainly a nightmare for me. I can sort of see what you mean tho

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                        Lads, please stop replying to the 'hello' type threads that are popping up lately. It doesnt help us in reducing the numbers of them. Just report them and we'll nuke them
                        Ah good auld moody Kev is back.
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

You can lock a word file but this makes it annoying to change but not impossible by any means. Perhaps it is good for somethings but certainly a nightmare for me. I can sort of see what you mean tho
                          Plus different versions of MS Word/Openoffice etc means that you can never be guaranteed that the formatting will appear on another computer as it appears on yours. No similar problem with PDFs.

Have any of ye came across these fancy new PDFs with inbuilt secutiry certificates, hidden/interactive fields etc? They are awful to use.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                            Plus different versions of MS Word/Openoffice etc means that you can never be guaranteed that the formatting will appear on another computer as it appears on yours. No similar problem with PDFs.

Have any of ye came across these fancy new PDFs with inbuilt secutiry certificates, hidden/interactive fields etc? They are awful to use.
                            I really dislike PDFs.
                            It also really bugs me when a restaurant's website requires you to download a pdf of the menu to view it.
                            I dont know who first came up with it but it is endemic throughout the web.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                              Ah good auld moody Kev is back.
                              Contrary fella alright

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                The tide is still going out......

Bloxhams
                                Woah!

Pity they didn't take the same approach to INBS and Anglo.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Irish dodge debts through UK 'bankruptcy tourism'

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Woah!

Did you hear on the news yesterday 3 unions pushing for a no vote and encouraging their members to do the same. They need to be destroyed

Comment

don't forget: Vote Yes for Jobs.
                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Woah!

This town is rotten to the core. Any decent person in finance finds it tough to make a living because these kind of people are their competition and customers are only ever looking for shortcuts. Ho hum.

How Paddy Neary is still drawing a pension I'll never know.....
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Who is Paddy Neary. Clearly I have missed someone on my hate list

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                              Did you hear on the news yesterday 3 unions pushing for a no vote and encouraging their members to do the same. They need to be destroyed
                                              I despise unions.
                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Lol. I first advised someone to do this in 2008 and he thought I was off my head. The journos take their sweet time reporting these things.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Who is Paddy Neary. Clearly I have missed someone on my hate list
                                                  Ah Richie who was the regulator asleep at the wheel while certain elements of Irish society partied?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                    What the fuck is going on out on the main page with all these newbie/hello threads.
                                                    It's a obv social break down of the wolf pack gang! They were never going to survive, not with the vamp light crew round here now..... I think we should be made official gang of IBP!

Comment

Hey smart people who talk about politics and shit.

Can I ask what are the bad things that WOULD happen if I voted yes

Also what are the good things that WOULD happen!

Thanks

Comment

Know a few developers who have moved over in last couple of years. When you have to ring them you realise the mobile is a UK one Sure isn't this what Ivan Yates has done recently

Comment

Ah Richie who was the regulator asleep at the wheel while certain elements of Irish society partied?
                                                          ah right. He was already on my shit list from a good while back. Tough to keep with all these guys

Comment

I really raised my aggression the other night

SPOILER
                                                            Attached Files
                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Fuck William Hill support is retarded, logged on today to find I couldn't play real money games because WH no longer allows Australian players, after explaining that I am not Australian or living there 3 times to my Filipino support guy, he assures me my account is fine, so I ask him can he put me onto someone else only to go through the same process with another guy who tells me all is fine.

I log on a couple of hours later and have a problem withdrawing at the cashier, get onto support again, this one was a little better, eventually get a withdrawal done. So I tell this one that I am incorrectly affected by a ban on Australian players, and go through it all and she comes through in the end. Thank you Filipino Caitlin.

Then an hour later, I get a stock email from the Filipino support team saying they

> I write in reference to recent activity on your account (username:
                                                              > ********) where our Security team conducted a review of your activity.
                                                              > Due to this information the matter has been passed to myself to investigate
                                                              > and respond to.
                                                              >
                                                              > Whilst I understand that you may be unhappy with the fact that we have
                                                              > taken steps to close your account and remove winnings from it I can assure
                                                              > you that we have acted completely in accordance with our terms and
                                                              > conditions where we reserve the right to do this. Whilst we will not go
                                                              > into detail as to how potential accounts may be identified for review, our
                                                              > Security team carefully consider each case prior to taking any action on it.
                                                              [...]
                                                              At this point everything was fine, so I asked why did I get this email, to get another stock response.

Thank you for your query.

Your question has now been received and we will reply as soon as
                                                              possible. Should you wish to update your question, please enter your
                                                              reply between the lines below.

With regards,

Customer Services
                                                              William Hill plc
                                                              FFS so tilting

Comment

Been a while since ive dealt with WH but i found it hit and miss wit them.
                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Sounds shitty but not sure why you're highlighting the nationality of their support staff so much!
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Game Of Thrones was worth all the build up.
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

“we all partied“

Especially you

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                        Sounds shitty but not sure why you're highlighting the nationality of their support staff so much!
                                                                        I mean im not in any way racist but when they do out source support staff to Asia it really does bring down the level of support. This is not just poker support but any type of business.
                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

“we all partied“

Especially you
                                                                          I'm a contrarian as you know. I'm partying now after years of not partying.

Comment

I'm a contrarian as you know. I'm partying now after years of not partying.

Maybe you should.pick up a few buy-to-lets in Leitrim.

And a holiday apartment in Bulgaria.

Comment

This town is rotten to the core. Any decent person in finance finds it tough to make a living because these kind of people are their competition and customers are only ever looking for shortcuts. Ho hum.

How Paddy Neary is still drawing a pension I'll never know.....
                                                                              And the fact that no-one is ever punished for fucking up makes the probability of another fuck-up a few years down the line a cast-iron guarantee - if you know nothing will happen to you for doing a shite job, let's say for spending three times as much taxpayers' money on an infrastructural project, or for mismanaging your department's budget, why bother being careful at work? Always take a shortcut and hope it works out, no skin off your nose if it doesn't!

It is really frustrating, the historical and current tolerance for incompetence in this country means we are doomed to forever witness history repeating itself, mismanaged boom to dreadful bust, again and again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                And the fact that no-one is ever punished for fucking up makes the probability of another fuck-up a few years down the line a cast-iron guarantee - if you know nothing will happen to you for doing a shite job, let's say for spending three times as much taxpayers' money on an infrastructural project, or for mismanaging your department's budget, why bother being careful at work? Always take a shortcut and hope it works out, no skin off your nose if it doesn't!

It is really frustrating, the historical and current tolerance for incompetence in this country means we are doomed to forever witness history repeating itself, mismanaged boom to dreadful bust, again and again and again.
                                                                                I think we may see someone in big trouble for Bloxams tho. No way a company could trade at such low liquidity while trying to arrange to sell without cooking the books and being involved in some fairly blatant fraud.

No doubt it will be just another guy who heads off to the states with a nice portfolio to keep them warm and incredible rich at night.

Comment

Maybe you should.pick up a few buy-to-lets in Leitrim.

And a holiday apartment in Bulgaria.
                                                                                  I hear Leitrim is an up and coming area alright. What with the increasing property taxes, the second bailout, a euro rerating, a proper series of cuts and relative deflation versus the current euro zone for the next 10 years. You might be on to something....

Sorry for the D&G talk fellow IPBers. Off to enjoy a nice hike in the sunshine now.....

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        Yeah really great this week especially after the snoozefest of last week.
                                                                                        Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                          That was the aforementioned buildup.

Comment

I hope so, will get to it after work. Happened to mention my annoyance at the goings on with Neds wife last week to mates over the weekend and they launched into what actually happened in the books. The other version makes more sense

Comment

Is that meant to be David Benioff that Martin is scaring?

Comment

They are the only people posting at 5am! I like them!!
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                                  Yeah because episodes of anything can't be good unless people die or there's a war.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                    Is that meant to be David Benioff that Martin is scaring?
                                                                                                    Does look a bit like him, but I think it's just a guy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                      I didn't notice myself as I typed, could have said non native English speakers or something to make my point in a very pc fashion. My frustration is more with WH for hiring people who have difficulty communicating in the language most of their customers use rather than the nationality of the support they hire.

Comment

Some classic goal celebrations edited by Hollywood

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                        http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

GoT was awesome. Smashing episode. I just can't figure how they will tie up so many other loose ends in the finale next week.

Also
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          Bronn's Whore: "Poor Nose"

Bronn: "Don't feel sorry for him. He'll be half way up your arse before the night's through" I wonder what happens to Melisandre and her magical minge now.

Comment

Where would one watch GOT's latest ep if cousin isnt an option?

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                                              Sky Atlantic tonight

Comment

Sky Atlantic tonight
                                                                                                                Not an option (UPC)

anywhere online?

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

if that doesnt work - go to www.alluc.org and navigate to it from there

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Game...n_2/episode_9/ this is a good link, although they dont have this episode up yet
                                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

putlocker.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, putlocker.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

If there's a better place to be in this weather than the Pav in Trinity I've yet to find it.

May need to exercise duvet day tommorow to fully appreciate it :-)
                                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                                          If there's a better place to be in this weather than the Pav in Trinity I've yet to find it.
                                                                                                                          May need to exercise duvet day tommorow to fully appreciate it :-)
                                                                                                                          Nothing worse than the odd occasion they request student cards!
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X