This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
    Those 'beats by dre' headphones cost 300 quid? lol.
    Crazy, I'd have lolled more the few times I've seen people with them.
    The new 'studio' one cost 300 AFAIK,
    Shiny metal bits defo worth it imo.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Those 'beats by dre' headphones cost 300 quid? lol.
      Crazy, I'd have lolled more the few times I've seen people with them.
      I thought it was a bad enough price anyway. But when I picked up a set and felt them in my hands it was 10 tiems worse.
      They don't felt pretty shite. Very plasticy and not too sturdy. (also i'm of the remote control weight things effect in terms of quality, in case somebosy mentions it)

Comment

Had a gander to see who was still going in the PLO ipops. Burland went out 35th a while ago. I remembered last year I checked his topshark and there was an odd profile pic so had a look presuming it would have been taken down. But no, it's still there somehow...(NSFW)http://pokerprolabs.com/StilettoMafiosa/ipoker.aspx

19 left now and Channing still hanging in short. Eltren going strong sitting in the top 5. Not bothered watching it out but GL to the big man
        It's all an illusion

Comment

Yeah I commented on them when looking at photos of the Norwegian Champs.

They're ridiculous looking yokes and you can get much better quality for that kind of money.

Dre must be loling more than you; "I can't believe this worked".

Comment

Apparently an Alan Partridge movie may be made.

Striker!
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Apparently an Alan Partridge movie may be made.

Striker!
              "Jurassic Park!"

"Kiss my face."

"Back of the net!"

Roughly conveys my excitement.
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                What does '50/50 all the way ' mean in staking terms?

Do I ship back the orig stake and then half of profits yeah?
                Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                Yup
                That would be 50/50 after SB.

50/50 all the way I've always taken to be 50/50 all the way.

Comment

Crazy BMX flip

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And crazy Indian Surfers!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

No. Stake is always returned.
                    Other wise the backer doesn't make a profit for the initial cashes.

"All the way" refers to all the finishing positions. As oppose to say 60/40 with 50/50 if you final table

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                      Has anyone got a decent template for a cover letter?

Just really need a bit of layout advice. Thanks.

I have googled this by the way and haven't found anything that looks remotely decent.
                      1- write your full adress with the date underneath in the top right corner
                      2- the name (or title) and adress of the person you are writing to (top left underneath no 1)
                      3- start with dear sir/ madam or the persons name if you know it
                      4- begin your first sentance below the saluation (dear sir etc ) and treat it as a paragraph it should say which job you are applying for
                      5- this is where the body of the letter goes,say something about yourself and why you feel you are qualified for the job
                      6- last paragraph indicate availability for interview
                      7- finish with yours faithfully if you began with dear sir/madam or finish with yours sincerly if you used a name (in the middle of page)
                      8- sign your name underneath (in the middle of page)

also try and keep it as brief as you can
                      hope this helps you gl with it

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        No. Stake is always returned.
                        Other wise the backer doesn't make a profit for the initial cashes.

"All the way" refers to all the finishing positions. As oppose to say 60/40 with 50/50 if you final table
                        Urgh I dunno, shipped back loots already.
                        He can always ask for more I suppose.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                          Urgh I dunno, shipped back loots already.
                          He can always ask for more I suppose.
                          There's a much higher chance that Mellor is right.

Comment

Any sign of Dave?

Comment

Any sign of Dave?
                              Stop talking to yourself.

Try logging out and logging back in again wink wink.
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Any sign of Dave?
                                He is in hospital. Getting his foot operated on tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                                  1- write your full adress with the date underneath in the top right corner
                                  2- the name (or title) and adress of the person you are writing to (top left underneath no 1)
                                  3- start with dear sir/ madam or the persons name if you know it
                                  4- begin your first sentance below the saluation (dear sir etc ) and treat it as a paragraph it should say which job you are applying for
                                  5- this is where the body of the letter goes,say something about yourself and why you feel you are qualified for the job
                                  6- last paragraph indicate availability for interview
                                  7- finish with yours faithfully if you began with dear sir/madam or finish with yours sincerly if you used a name (in the middle of page)
                                  8- sign your name underneath (in the middle of page)

also try and keep it as brief as you can
                                  hope this helps you gl with it
                                  Cheers, exactly what I needed.

Have the body fine, just the layout and address etc I was unsure on.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                      He is in hospital. Getting his foot operated on tomorrow.
                                      Tell him I said to get well soon.

Comment

@Dave Lottie says get well soon.

Comment

Did some baking.

Comment

I made him a card also.

Comment

Well timed photograph. Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                Pretty fucking cool imo. How did you manage to swing that one?
                                                they aren't exactly overloaded with support acts here obviously!

One of the lads filmed us during practice last week, he managed to drunkenly show it to the guy who runs the venue on Saturday.
                                                Manager "we're always looking for support acts, would you do a show with us?". Our singer "Sure, when?".
                                                Manager "Would you be ready on Wednesday night?".

Singer "Eh..... I'll ask the lads!"
                                                Last edited by Emmet; 01-05-12, 22:52.

Comment

wait, The Rigger = davepoke/her?
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    wait, The Rigger = davepoke/her?
                                                    And CHD, all the one guy

Comment

At least we ain't Finkel

Comment

@V4V

See these kind of scenes?

Clermont fans welcoming us to the stadium before the match. Never met such friendly and passionate fans before. Absolutely incredible.

What an amazing fanbase. Lost 10 finals in a row before finally winning the 11th. How can you manage to be such nutbags given that sort of hurt!?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                          At least we ain't Finkel
                                                          Finkel is one of a kind

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                            Finkel is one of a kind
                                                            Don't we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                              Finkel is one of a kind
                                                              Is finkel not fourofakind ?

Comment

Game of Thrones. Another shit episode. They're obviously saving everything for the Battle of the Blackwater.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                  Has anyone got a decent template for a cover letter?

Just really need a bit of layout advice. Thanks.

I have googled this by the way and haven't found anything that looks remotely decent.
                                                                  This is basic but I'd imagine it's the standard.

Top right corner: Your address, email address & the day's date in linear order
                                                                  Skip a line & on left side the title & name of person to whom you're sending the CV to (Mr X), their position, the company name & address again in linear order.

Dear Mr X,

Re: Vacancy for Position X

Pick me blah blah blah.

Yours Sincerely,

Signature

Print name.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g8evyE9TuYk

really cant wait for this

Comment

Ne'er cast a clout til May be out.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                        Game of Thrones. Another shit episode. They're obviously saving everything for the Battle of the Blackwater.
                                                                        Was a bit better than last week cos there was more of the blondy hot bird.

Are you trying to tell me they are actually going to show a battle?? I doubt it given whats gone before altho have been told that the lack of action is in keeping with the books but meh... show some fucking battles

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                          Was a bit better than last week cos there was more of the blondy hot bird.

Are you trying to tell me they are actually going to show a battle?? I doubt it given whats gone before altho have been told that the lack of action is in keeping with the books but meh... show some fucking battles
                                                                          I think they have too, but...the haven't started working on the most vital component yet of the battle. I understand they can't put in everything from the books, but they are skipping some massive parts and writing out some characters who are very important to the future of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            @V4V

See these kind of scenes?

Clermont fans welcoming us to the stadium before the match. Never met such friendly and passionate fans before. Absolutely incredible.

What an amazing fanbase. Lost 10 finals in a row before finally winning the 11th. How can you manage to be such nutbags given that sort of hurt!?
                                                                            Fuck all else to get excited about in clermont ferrand.

Comment

I think they have too, but...the haven't started working on the most vital component yet of the battle. I understand they can't put in everything from the books, but they are skipping some massive parts and writing out some characters who are very important to the future of the story.
                                                                              They may be important to the book but not important to the TV Series - I think we have to accept that they are two different beasts at this stage, getting to the same destination but via different paths.
                                                                              So if they choose to leave out
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              The Blackfish, Vargo Hoat, the Frog Children, the Westerlings
                                                                              then so be it - they only have limited hours/locations/salary to work with.

I would hope that the money saved will appear on screen in BOTB though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                They may be important to the book but not important to the TV Series - I think we have to accept that they are two different beasts at this stage, getting to the same destination but via different paths.
                                                                                So if they choose to leave out
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                The Blackfish, Vargo Hoat, the Frog Children, the Westerlings
                                                                                then so be it - they only have limited hours/locations/salary to work with.

I would hope that the money saved will appear on screen in BOTB though.
                                                                                Where's
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                the chain?

Comment

I've seen alt accounts mentioned on here before, I think someone said 'oh yeah, well everyone knows the main two alt accounts on the BBV, but I think I've figured out one more...'

I've no idea about alt accounts other than ones set up for a specific gag and had assumed that any account with a decent amount of posts (say 100+) was that of a unique person - could a helpful soul please let me / us know what are these alt accounts that 'everyone' else seems to know about?! Please don't blow my mind too much and tell me that Damo and Kayroo are actually the same person IRL, or that all the strange late night posters from Waterford / Wexford / Wicklow* are the one individual and not a slightly more believable collection of separate loveable oddballs and insomniacs!

*Being from the West, the separateness of these three counties has always been somewhat indistinct to me; they are all somewhere in the sunny South East, all begin with 'W', all seem poor at football (rarely seen in Croke Park in September anyhow) and have fewer defining characteristics than the more notable counties such as Cork or Mayo - obviously I hadn't heard of these blaa things until the BBV enlightened me!

Comment

@TomD
                                                                                    I finally got my shit together and found a BJJ/MMA gym near me.
                                                                                    I called out for a trial last night.

Comment

FFS! it is raining everywhere except where I need it to rain in Ballinrobe.

Damn showers roll up to within 10 miles and die out. One more big one on its way. a good two hours of rain right on the racecourse please.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                        I've seen alt accounts mentioned on here before, I think someone said 'oh yeah, well everyone knows the main two alt accounts on the BBV, but I think I've figured out one more...'

I've no idea about alt accounts other than ones set up for a specific gag and had assumed that any account with a decent amount of posts (say 100+) was that of a unique person - could a helpful soul please let me / us know what are these alt accounts that 'everyone' else seems to know about?! Please don't blow my mind too much and tell me that Damo and Kayroo are actually the same person IRL, or that all the strange late night posters from Waterford / Wexford / Wicklow* are the one individual and not a slightly more believable collection of separate loveable oddballs and insomniacs!

*Being from the West, the separateness of these three counties has always been somewhat indistinct to me; they are all somewhere in the sunny South East, all begin with 'W', all seem poor at football (rarely seen in Croke Park in September anyhow) and have fewer defining characteristics than the more notable counties such as Cork or Mayo - obviously I hadn't heard of these blaa things until the BBV enlightened me!
                                                                                        How did you get on in Madrid?

Comment

Where's
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          the chain?
                                                                                          Not sure what you mean. Is it
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          The chain of the Hand of The King, if so its not that important is it.

I'm kinda lucky in that the things I really wanted them to get right (the characters of Ned, Tyrion, Dany, the stuff at the wall) they have fairly nailed, so I find it easy to defend them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                            @TomD
                                                                                            I finally got my shit together and found a BJJ/MMA gym near me.
                                                                                            I called out for a trial last night.
                                                                                            How'd it go? It's very hard on the body at first, but you toughen up after about six months.

Comment

SPOILER

.
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              Yes, and that's massively important tot he battle of the Blackwater.

Comment

SPOILER

I'm kinda lucky in that the things I really wanted them to get right (the characters of Ned, Tyrion, Dany, the stuff at the wall) they have fairly nailed, so I find it easy to defend them.
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                I think he means the chain going across the river that blocks the ships during the battle

He's only just discovered the wildfire so he hasnt come up with that plan as of yet imo, probably in the next couple of episodes

Comment

How'd it go? It's very hard on the body at first, but you toughen up after about six months.
                                                                                                  Theres a quick write up in the log.
                                                                                                  I thought I was going to an BJJ class, messed up time and it was MT. So jumped it anyway.
                                                                                                  Enjoyed it a lot. But no idea if I could compete, but I'd love to be good enough to.

Comment

As someone who has never read the GOT books the last two eps have been pretty meh

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Yes, and that's massively important tot he battle of the Blackwater.
                                                                                                      I think ye are talking about different things still. I bet what Tom is talking will come in a couple of episodes. I haven't watched the latest episode though yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Initially tempted to ignore your post because of that but you recovered well with the Blaa and Sunny South East references.

Anyhoo, CHD = Zola, Howard Finkle = The Hurricane, The Rigger = Lotto.ie = Frank Gibney. That's all I can think of.
                                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                          How did you get on in Madrid?
                                                                                                          Yeah, it was good craic, despite all the rain! Can't believe I jinxed myself in the week beforehand as well, the GF was off to Wurzburg in Germany for the weekend, so I was joking with her the whole time that we'd have sunny Mediterranean weather in Madrid while she'd have grey German skies to deal with - obviously the weather gods pulled a reverso on me after going on about it, it was gorgeous in Germany while she was there!

On Friday night we had a really great meal in a cool restuarant somewhere near enough to Sol, a bit south of it. Three courses, loads of bottles of wine, cider and beer for €25 a man incl. tip, very reasonable. We got refused entry to one late night place because of the stag's get-up, but most places were cool with it. Some of the booze prices in the late night bars were expensive enough, two vodkas plus two coke bottles for €16 seemed a lot more than other places were asking. I wandered home at 4.30 on Friday night, about 90 minutes before the other lads, normally when I've had my fill of drink I'm pretty good at just heading towards my bed.

On Saturday we had arranged a walking tour of Madrid's rooftops - basically, two Dutch girls met us at our hotel off Gran Via, we went a few stops south on the metro to an immigrant area, and walked back towards our hotel over the course of the next few hours, stopping off at various buildings to access their roofs or terrances and have a drink up there if a bar was attached. Pretty cool and lots of fun. We ended up having a good few drinks in this great indoor market place, the bottom floor seemed to be a bog-standard supermarket, the next floor up was a boutique Fallon & Byrnes type delicatessen, the next floor up was bars / food stalls overlooking the deli, and there was a roof terrace with bars and a restaurant. That place was cool, grabbed a €4 bottle of traditional cider from one of the stands, it was 70cl at 7% so packed a real punch!

That evening we went a cool area around La Latina, to a bar called Tasca de la Castinella (I think!), great spots, the lads were in wonderland at the 5 bottles of Amstel for €10 deal, while I had a bottle of local wine. The night became very very blurry, but I know we went to some bar that we dubbed 'Xtravision' as there were loads of DVDs lining the walls, then onwards to a club called 'Capital' I think? I defo had fun, though doing what exactly I'm not sure.

In the morning the lads headed to the Real Madrid game, while those of us who weren't bothered went sightseeing - I went to the Prado, it was so great, though I was definitely still drunk at this point. Wandered the gallery for 2 1/2 hours, then rushed to O'Neills bar for the Leinster match - we had actually watched the Ulster match here the day before. Very lame hitting an Irish bar while abroad but we just had to see the match. Great crowd in watching it actually.

Wish I had had more time for sightseeing, will have to go back. Very beautiful city centre I thought, it looked extremely cosmopolitan compared to our own capital city. People were nice and friendly, so much cheap booze and no fights to be seen. We even got along without Spanish...somehow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                                            I think he means the chain going across the river that blocks the ships during the battle

He's only just discovered the wildfire so he hasnt come up with that plan as of yet imo, probably in the next couple of episodes
                                                                                                            GOT.
                                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                                            Ooops, that chain Yeah, quite important.
                                                                                                            It may be something they'll mention in the next few episodes, or they may not mention it directly and introdude it as a surprise twist in the battle. Or they may just have the battle won via the wildfire and Tywins sudden appearance.

Comment

Bit meh on The Avengers

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Overlong. Loki was lame as the main bad guy. Underwhelming overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                FFS! it is raining everywhere except where I need it to rain in Ballinrobe.

Damn showers roll up to within 10 miles and die out. One more big one on its way. a good two hours of rain right on the racecourse please.
                                                                                                                Wait, is old man actually yelling at clouds here???

Insert .jpg obv.
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Officially the wettest day of the year here in Waterford and we're only 12 hours into it.

Comment

I was telling the young fellow about the latest episode, he finished the last book a few weeks ago, all of them read since xmas so pretty good going imo. he is my go to guy when i dont understand who is who and what just happened.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    I was telling him about the "petrol bombs" jeofrey is lining up and he tells me how they can burn water and has the midget started to get the blacksmiths making the chain links yet...nearly slapped him on the head ! spoiler that shit son !
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Times
                                                                                                                      CIARÁN KILKENNY knows what it’s like to walk in Jesus Shuttlesworth’s shoes.
                                                                                                                      Could be my favourite comparison of a player of all time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                        Bit meh on The Avengers

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Overlong. Loki was lame as the main bad guy. Underwhelming overall.
                                                                                                                        so wrong

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Eden Hazard showboat ftw

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X