X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    1 pair of socks? And 3 underwear????

Christ invest in some more. It's not like they'll take up much space
    Why, I don't need anymore. It's more of a philosophy as well to try to eliminte as much un-necessary bulk as possible. 1 pair of socks in of itself is not much but start including all the little things and it adds up.
    Having the ability to not have to check any bags in for flights is so sweet.

Comment

5 pairs football socks, 15 pairs ankle socks, 25 pairs brown, black, grey, blue or a combination of dress socks*.
      Much handier to have mass amounts of socks, more time between laundry runs.
      *Not counting socks back in Dublin

I didn't care about socks matching for years, but really it's a small thing that's no more effort really.

On another note that shite about sitting down is a pile of bollocks. Sitting down is fine, once you stand up and move about enough. Standing at a desk all day is not going to be much better for you to be honest. It's the not moving part which makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Anyone who ever even considers that their socks may or may not 'go' with anything else is ridiculous beyond ridicule.

Anyone who has any non black socks is very silly.

As well as only ever having mix and match socks I no longer pack any more than one pair of socks or jocks when travelling. Just go out to the local Dunnes and buy new ones and dump when used, works out far cheaper than hotel laundry or check in luggage charges.
        Some of your opinions are so far off you'd swear you were born about 200 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
          pokerstars would break your heart if you let it

Went deepish in 3 (5.5 grand up top in one, 2.9 in the another & 2.2 in the 3rd) tournaments

out in 40-odd in one for fuck all
          out in 20-odd in another for fuck all

& first out on final table in other for fuck all +$100 when 3bet shoved Ace no good against KJ

Did something fear stupid with about 16 left, just won a big pot to put me in top 4, defend BB with the worst hand imaginable against a lad who is in the 99.99999% on OPR, cause I felt like it

Hit two pair on flop and get them all in, he caught up on river and I'm down to 14th

No more Yakult for me

dumb bastard tried to wind me up
          Shit like that should come with a health warning!

ho-hum

ooh and if 20 tops is average I may need to do some shopping.

Then again when did being average become a good thing?
          Been there many a time. The difference between being a winner or a loser playing low stakes tournaments on there is hugely down to variance. I remember when I used to play regularly and read 2 + 2 tournament strat, etc they used to bandy around the idea of there being "great finishers". While, yes, there is a right way and wrong way to play from 3 / 4 tables out through to the end - when the difference between 12th and 1st can be a mid to high four figure sum, in a scenario where the average stack is 30 or 40 BBs you require lady luck to shine for you (as well as doing everything right).

For people who play recreationally in low stakes tournaments, them being lifetime winners or losers will be focussed on a tiny amount of hands they play the times they get to the last few tables of big field tournaments. Everyone (no matter how bad) will get to those scenarios a few times (the better you are the more frequent of course), and it's very easy to run good or bad over a couple of thousand hands - and that could very well be the difference between being a high four figure winner / loser lifetime.

Sick stuff, /rant.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
            lol, yup that's why United win in the Premiership. Brilliant insight once again.
            Do you deny the fact that lower to middle table teams would be better served by having a cut at Utd on a regular basis, pressing high up the pitch and trying to attack? Like it or lump it, most games at Old Trafford are over before they begin when the visiting team turns up with a contain mindset and allow Utd to take control.

Athletic showed no fear, just went for it. Yes they have quality that Wolves don't. But the likes of Blackburn showed what you can achieve against Utd if you have a go, and most of the time teams don't try and don't give themselves a shout imo.

As for winning the premiership, Utd win the premiership because they are a machine. But it could be all the tougher week in, week out if teams were a bit more ambitious.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              I'm leaving Ireland for a while, and had planned to leave all my stuff at my mothers house, but it's only packing do I realise quite how much it is. Anyway, has anyone ever used a rented storage space? There's one that would be quite handy for me. How much do they charge? I reckon I need roughly 25 square feet or less.
              I never used one, but felt the need to empathise with the 'wtf' sense I get anytime I move abode. How does one accumulate so much crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Drogheda is just grim.
                Drogheda would be better if it was further away from dundalk. It's caught in the Dundalk life sucking vortex.
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Nice lightning storm in Sydney this evening. Some of the better pics ones I managed to get:

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Hmmmmmm..Vanessa Selbst and Liv Boeree Reverso

SPOILER
                    Ban please

Comment

I definately have too many clothes if the average is whats been touted on here ppl might b disgusted by my numbers :s
                      Easily 60/70 tshirts shirts & football jerseys
                      20ish hoodys
                      6/7 jackets
                      14/15 bottoms/jeans
                      Endless socks/jocks

I tought that was pretty normal

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                        Some of your opinions are so far off you'd swear you were born about 200 years ago.
                        Sex and drugs and rock and roll
                        Is all my brain and body need
                        Are very good indeed

Keep your silly ways or throw them out the window
                        The wisdom of your ways, I've been there and I know
                        Lots of other ways, what a jolly bad show
                        If all you ever do is business you don't like

Is very good indeed

Every bit of clothing ought to make you pretty
                        You can cut the clothing, grey is such a pity
                        I should wear the clothing of Mr. Walter Mitty
                        See my tailor, he's called Simon, I know it's going to fit

Here's a little piece of advice
                        You're quite welcome it is free
                        Don't do nothing that is cut price
                        You know what that'll make you be
                        They will try their tricky device
                        Trap you with the ordinary
                        Get your teeth into a small slice
                        The cake of liberty

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          I'm leaving Ireland for a while, and had planned to leave all my stuff at my mothers house, but it's only packing do I realise quite how much it is. Anyway, has anyone ever used a rented storage space? There's one that would be quite handy for me. How much do they charge? I reckon I need roughly 25 square feet or less.
                          I hired a 100sq ft unit from ustoreit when we came home from Germany in 2005. It didn't look big at first but we got the contents of a removal truck into it.
                          It was an excellent way to safely store your stuff but it was expensive enough, around €360 per month iirc.

They have space from locker size and up so you will find something to suit your needs and wallet.

Pay up front with a C/C and automatically renew unless you give them notice etc.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                            The towels are still going well but they could do with a reapplication of the anti-bacterial stuff so that I don't have to wash them as frequently as ordinary towels. Still dry out very quickly and are great for sports.
                            Cliffs?

Comment

Folks i'm looking to get a voucher for a top restaurant for the mother for mother's day. She loves a proper meal and the old man is an absolute bandit so I'll take her. Pretty sure he'd ask for ketchup if he paid 35 quid for a steak.

Anyway looking to spend about €80 - €100 quid on a voucher. Or has anyone seen a good deal online similar to that La Stampa one a couple of months back? I got that and something similar would be perfect.

Cheers for any replies

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                Cliffs?

There was an in depth discussion of the merits of towels in t'other place a year or 2 ago. V spent 3 hours when he should have been working researching towels and came up with this bad boy. Bought one myself and it is indeed a very fine example of toweldom

http://reviews.wiggle.co.uk/7867-en_...ws/reviews.htm
                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                  There was an in depth discussion of the merits of towels in t'other place a year or 2 ago. V spent 3 hours when he should have been working researching towels and came up with this bad boy. Bought one myself and it is indeed a very fine example of toweldom

http://reviews.wiggle.co.uk/7867-en_...ws/reviews.htm
                                  Snap-ordered

Comment

Snap-ordered

Men be crazy
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Tendulkar about to get the 100th.

Comment

OMG Im moving back to Apple wow !

For more videos, visit Bite at http://www.bite.caPreview the next revolution in Apple smart-phone technology.
                                        Last edited by SatNav; 16-03-12, 11:10.
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

APOEL v Real Madrid
                                          Marseille v Bayern Munich
                                          Benfica v Chelsea
                                          AC Milan v Barcelona

First legs to be played on March 27/28

Second legs to be played on April 3/4
                                          Semi-finals

Marseille/Bayern Munich v APOEL/Real Madrid
                                          Benfica/Chelsea v AC Milan/Barcelona

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                            Men be crazy
                                            Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is.

Comment

Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is.
                                              Jaysus david I had to put that into google translate
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Hitchhiker knows what I'm talking about

Comment

Hitchhiker knows what I'm talking about
                                                  I wouldnt wonder, that lad is not half right as me granny would say
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                    Folks i'm looking to get a voucher for a top restaurant for the mother for mother's day. She loves a proper meal and the old man is an absolute bandit so I'll take her. Pretty sure he'd ask for ketchup if he paid 35 quid for a steak.

Anyway looking to spend about €80 - €100 quid on a voucher. Or has anyone seen a good deal online similar to that La Stampa one a couple of months back? I got that and something similar would be perfect.

Cheers for any replies
                                                    So what ? he paid for it, he can ask to have it covered in baby vomit if he wants.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                      Choctaw Indians; have a quick read what they did around 1845:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choctaw...War_.281840.29
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                        So what ? he paid for it, he can ask to have it covered in baby vomit if he wants.
                                                        I would deffo be looking for some of this with it:

Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Baby vomit ain't cheap these days

Comment

I would think baby vomit is not a condiment that most restaurants carry. Unreasonable request imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                              Baby vomit ain't cheap these days
                                                              first race at Cheltenham fav @6/1 "Baby mix" tis surely a sign, might throw a tenner on it for the crack!
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

I think the rather obvious point being made is that the man doesn't appreciate the subtleties of fine dining and would hence be better off spending his hard earned money on things other than an expensive cut of meat which wouldn't satisfy him anymore than a cheap cut.

I hate when people pretend like they need obvious shit explained to them!
                                                                Last edited by Keane; 16-03-12, 11:42.

Comment

So with the big day final coming closer how do we rate Irelands chances.

We have a good record in England but they are a team that is looking good at the moment. Yes I am still sticking to that idea. Will be a tough game and I think a close one but without our captains can we get the job done.

Ryan has proven himself a decent replacement for POC and Earls much as I gave him stick has turned into a good shout at center tackling and actually passing the ball rather than just running or firing it aimlessly away.

Have to fancy Wales to beat France at home for the slam but I think it is less certain than most think and an upset would not be a big surprise.

Scotland have to be a decent favourite against Wales but it will be a bruiser with both teams trying to avoid the dreaded wooden spoon.

Looking forward to 3 competitive games

Comment

I think the rather obvious point being made is that the man doesn't appreciate the subtleties of fine dining and would hence be better off spending his hard earned money on things other than an expensive cut of meat which wouldn't satisfy him anymore than a cheap vut.

David so not like you!
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

my favourite towel AINEC

SPOILER

Comment

David so not like you!
                                                                        What!?

Comment

Loopz's favourite towel AINEC (Flickr be weird you need the image to show .jpg so when you use [IMG] it displays properly)

SPOILER
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

What!?
                                                                            the post seemed snappy like you are in bad mood. maybe Im wrong ?
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I think the rather obvious point being made is that the man doesn't appreciate the subtleties of fine dining and would hence be better off spending his hard earned money on things other than an expensive cut of meat which wouldn't satisfy him anymore than a cheap vut.

What ?

Subtleties of fine dining ? Just because someone would like ketchup with their food makes them an oaf ?

What appears obvious is the amount of food snobs here.

Wasn't it yourself who wanted to know should they be taking milk or was it sugar in their coffee ? As I said at the time why would you care ? What do you think, someone will see you adding milk and giggle under their breath at your faux pas...and maybe think of you as an oaf ?
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

the post seemed snappy like you are in bad mood. maybe Im wrong ?
                                                                                I'll give you snappy, but I'm definitely not in a bad mood!

Comment

Fair enough
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

What ?

Subtleties of fine dining ? Just because someone would like ketchup with their food makes them an oaf ?

Wasn't it yourself who wanted to know should they be taking milk or was it sugar in their coffee ? As I said at the time why would you care ? What do you think, someone will see you adding milk and giggle under their breath at your faux pas...and maybe think of you as an oaf ?
                                                                                    lol

Comment

flirty today aren't we

whats the latest on the weight loss bet or is it over?

Comment

flirty today aren't we
                                                                                        How you doin?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          APOEL v Real Madrid
                                                                                          Marseille v Bayern Munich
                                                                                          Benfica v Chelsea
                                                                                          AC Milan v Barcelona

First legs to be played on March 27/28

Second legs to be played on April 3/4
                                                                                          Semi-finals

Marseille/Bayern Munich v APOEL/Real Madrid
                                                                                          Benfica/Chelsea v AC Milan/Barcelona
                                                                                          Pretty much the nut draw entertainment wise. Enough good matches to keep the next round interesting, the ultimate David v Goliath also, and yet enough quality kept apart to keep the semi's brilliant also, and we shouldn't have one side of the draw providing a weak finalist as we've seen a bit of recently.

Surprised to find you can still get better than 2/1 on Real to win the competition, seems quite large. They basically have a bye to the semi final and good though Bayern are they're pretty much set up to get murdered over two legs by Real, it's a relatively easy path to the final. On the other side the only team who looks capable of beating them has to negotiate Milan and probably Chelsea to get at them so decent shot they get knocked out leaving it wide open for Jose's men who'll be huge favourites vs anyone else from that side of the draw. Definitely seems a touch big there for me.
                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

lol
                                                                                            Kinda what i expected tbh.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

whats the latest on the weight loss bet or is it over?
                                                                                              Weighed in at a trim 71.55Kg this morning, leaving me 1.6KG or just around 3.5lbs to drop in 11 days.

Should be very doable without even necessarily looking at any crazy weight cutting methods but with them in the arsenal as well I'm as good as a lock now I think.

Since I had flagged Tribeca wings as my first post-bet splurge Semibluff was in very cutely to try and claw back some EV by suggesting that the winner pay for wings & pints on the night, which I obviously graciously agreed to

Can't bloody wait!

Comment

Ah come here, I have better things to be doing than explaining why a €40 steak covered in ketchup ~= a €10 steak covered in ketchup. It'd take a more highly trained teacher than me anyway I'd say!

Comment

lol
                                                                                                  deffo 2 of the nicest posters here, ye are surely on the blob?
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    Tendulkar about to get the 100th.
                                                                                                    did he make it?

Edit.
                                                                                                    Cool, well done that man.

The relief must feel as gear as the achievement for him right now.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 16-03-12, 12:13.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

They're great.

SPOILER
                                                                                                        eoghanlyons.com

Comment

This gets pretty special after a minute

Click Here To Inquiry Of Appearance! / EL SQUADに関する出演のお問い合わせはこちらへ!⇒wreckingcreworchestra@gmail.comChoreography and Lighting YOKOI日本を代表するストリートダンスクルーWrecking ...
                                                                                                          eoghanlyons.com

Comment

I think the rather obvious point being made is that the man doesn't appreciate the subtleties of fine dining and would hence be better off spending his hard earned money on things other than an expensive cut of meat which wouldn't satisfy him anymore than a cheap cut.
                                                                                                            This

What ?

I am certainly no food snob.
                                                                                                            I was just trying to put across that my mother would appreciate fine dining a lot more than my old man and I will bring her for a nice meal rather than my Dad who would much prefer a carvery and a load of pints.

Any suggestions to the original BTW?

Comment

Ah come here, I have better things to be doing than explaining why a €40 steak covered in ketchup ~= a €10 steak covered in ketchup. It'd take a more highly trained teacher than me anyway I'd say!
                                                                                                              Don't you be confusing price with quality now. Terribly vulgar don't you know.
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

my Dad who would much prefer a carvery and a load of pints.

Any suggestions to the original BTW?
                                                                                                                Maybe if you said this from the start ?
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                  Don't you be confusing price with quality now. Terribly vulgar don't you know.
                                                                                                                  Touché.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

still don't see a problem with someone wanting some ketchup with their steak.

After all, it is their steak.

Comment

Maybe if you said this from the start ?
                                                                                                                        O.k i get your point. Now go put a smile on your face and enjoy the long weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                          ah see the conversation continued after bed time. Surely my clothing estimate is closer to the average? tbh arrived at that estimate by taking what I have and multiplying by two. Possibly to do with moving house a lot though.

20 pairs of shoes is ridic though, and 20 jackets, wtf? That's just hoarding!
                                                                                                                          I'd agree with your average.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X