X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
    Old heroine you say?

SPOILER
    If Icky had of posted that I probably would of banned him but you get a pass, Icky's puns make me want to commit genocide!

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    Not a huge man for the Kebabs but when the mood takes in the early hours Zaytoon is the business. Anyone who disagrees is either drinking incorrectly or in moderation and thus has no opinion on anything Kebab related.

FWIW Ricks Burgers are the real drunken treat tho
    Ricks is awesome
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

How do i change the lobby on pokerstars.fr to english, i clicked english when downloading software.....

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
        Your Italian is rusty I see but yes go Italy. Do me a favour and decide where you want you bet paid into in advance. Paddy Powers or Stars would suit best but can do Boyles also if you want.

If required I can get a check made up for a GAA style handshake and handover at the next IPB outing.
        let's wait and see the way I've been running lately
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Who are the computer programming nerds in this place?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
            Morality is not solely the preserve of religion, and moral education is not solely the preserve of Religious institutions.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Having your child baptized now is the same as voting FF during the Celtic Tiger.
              Loads of people did it to keep the party going, knowing it their heart of hearts that it was wrong and that FF were rotten to the core.

Are here we fooking are! Do the right thing Hitch FFS.
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  / obviously not taking away from the broader point that no-one should be excluded from any state-funded school
                  all schools are state-funded

Comment

Comment

Comment

Are sessions in pubs really that common following christenings? I've been to quite a few christenings over the past two years and the pub was never entertained as a possible venue for afterwards! I'm fairly sure you'd get a few dirty looks just for suggesting it in fact.

It is a Dublin thing maybe? I remember in the year after I first started playing poker, I played out in the Angler's Rest a few times on Sunday afternoons (remember these games?) and was always amazed by how the pub seemed to be a 'family-friendly' place at that time, nippers running mad around the place while the parents sat back watching the big screens. I doubt I saw the inside of a pub more than a dozen or so times before the age of 14/15; obviously we live a fairly sheltered life over in the West!

Comment

Well its kinda starting to become real now. Highly unlikely that we will baptise, but just need to check with local schools that this isn't going to affect her chance of getting a place. Which is surely a valid concern?! There's only three schools she can go to, and if there's a chance she wouldn't get in to one without some poxy religion, then might have to splash-n-dash
                          why not check out what the pressures are like for your preferred schools first?

You live on the DART line where the population of children has been steadily dropping (thank you housing bubble) so school places are unlikely to be madly pressurised

Comment

oh i know; meant that if taxpayer money is accepted then no school should be allowed to set excluding criteria apart from maybe geographic
                            nice idea but flies in the face of the current realities

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                              How much ya got to spend?

Otherwise Keane is your man
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I poker really needs to act fast to sort out the problems with tourney lobby such a nightmare cant figure out how far bubble is and i aint even listed on it never mind the person in 20th has no chips pure joke

Comment

Comment

depends on the language
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                      I poker really needs to act fast to sort out the problems with tourney lobby such a nightmare cant figure out how far bubble is and i aint even listed on it never mind the person in 20th has no chips pure joke
                                      When you're at the table click stats in the bottom left corner (where the chatbox is) then click more. The number of people left is accurate there. That's how I've been checking the last few days.

Comment

Definitely not because they are religious that some schools are better, but if all the top schools are religious then surely no point excluding kid from those schools?

Had a quick look down a list of top secondary schools for uni progression and they do all 'look' religious

/ obviously not taking away from the broader point that no-one should be excluded from any state-funded school
                                        The point I was making is that a driven student with good parents will be just as capable of maximum achievements in an average primary and secondary school as they are in an above average one.

The irony is that when it comes time to send her off to college you'll let her go wherever her friends are going.
                                        Last edited by Keane; 07-03-12, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                          Your crazy

SPOILER
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Had looked up one school (CoI one in Sutton) and apparently what they officially say isn't quite the practice - as in there might be more flexibility than the rules suggest.
                                            given that the average % of Prods in CoI schools is only 38%, that's not surprising really!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              The point I was making is that a driven student with good parents will be just as capable of maximum achievements in an average primary and secondary school as they are in an above average one..
                                              bollocks

a good student (motivated\good parents) in a good school will nearly always do better than a good student in a bad school. You can't just dismiss the entire educational environment like that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                  Yeah I know, its crazy. Hard for me to imagine the place with out all these buildings. I presume the Pod was there? Was the Garda station? And was the Palace a cinema at this time also?
                                                  if the palace is where i think you are talking about (pub/hotel on camden st with pooltables) it used to be ricardo's snooker hall used to film part of the commitments, as for it being a cinema I'm way to young to be able to answer that Garda station (special branch HQ ) has been there along time.
                                                  I can't remember what was there before the pod but i remember it opening up or was that the chocolate bar ah momentry flashback here I think that was findlaters wine merchant like dice my time around that neck of the woods was very hazzy
                                                  When I set up Moneybookers they just posted me out a letter with a code on it to verify my address. Weird how much grief you're getting, was the easiest thing in the world for me.
                                                  same

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    depends on the language

Basically trying to combine individual places on a google map onto one big map.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      bollocks

a good student (motivated\good parents) in a good school will nearly always do better than a good student in a bad school. You can't just dismiss the entire educational environment like that.
                                                      I'm not dismissing it, I'm saying it's an overvalued factor. We're not talking about sending a kid to Eton versus sending a kid to Compton High.

Comment

accellerated sale of rangers needed in the next few days with the current squad intact, or huge staffing cuts.

Liquidation beckons.
                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

What's the point in being a secret handshaking fcuk if you still have to worry about getting your child into a good school?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Your crazy

SPOILER
                                                            exactly how the name came about lol

Comment

got email, thgts?

stay away ?

as you may have heard, PokerRoom is returning from its 2 year hiatus and is ready to retake the poker world by storm. As somebody who previously had an account on PokerRoom, rest assured that all the things that you came to love about the original site will be returning. This includes innovative promos and the legendary Pokah community.

It also means big bonuses. As a reward for your loyalty in the past, we're offering you four different Welcome Back bonuses to choose from:
                                                              Bonus amount Deposit code Clearing days Increments Player Points / $
                                                              100% up to $100 100reload 90 $5 8
                                                              100% up to $500 500reload 70 $40 8
                                                              100% up to $1,000 1000reload 55 $500 8
                                                              100% up to $2,000 2000reload 40 $2,000 9

Simply pick the bonus that you prefer and make a deposit using the corresponding deposit code from the table above. You can deposit with Visa, Mastercard, Skrill (Moneybookers), Neteller, Click2Pay and ClickandBuy, and we will be adding further deposit methods in the coming weeks.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the tables.

Your PokerRoom team

Comment

What Keane says can be true but it takes exceptional effort from parents to make it happen.
                                                                It also ignores the whole dimension of social and extra curricular activities and the influence of peers which IMO is far more important than academic attainment.

In my experience those elements are much better catered for in some schools than in others. The single biggest factor is the quality of the School Principal after that the willingness of parents to get involved and ultimately to make money available to the school over and above capitation. That a lot of the best schools are religious is only a coincidence and an atavism. A large and vocal minority of parents do care so its not going to change any time soon but the silent majority quietly scoff at their own hypocrisy and continiue to do whatever they need to to get their children the best education they can.

In Catholic Primary schools the whole church ownership and control of BOM has become an utter farce. In the 80's there was no question of people living together as a couple in a rural community without getting married (see Eileen Flynn case for instance). Now though religious instruction is in the hands of Teachers many of whom are just playing along and are not practising Catholics in their private lives. I know of people who are single with children and partners living in the same area as the school and everyone (except the occasional nutjob parent) chooses to turn a blind eye as the same Teacher prepares Communion and Confirmation classes. Irish solution to Irish problems FTW.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Basically trying to combine individual places on a google map onto one big map.
                                                                  creating a new map?
                                                                  or combining the points?
                                                                  should get help here anyway
                                                                  I have a javascript Google Map that starts with a full world view and has a lot of clustered points in certain areas. Because the points on the map are so close it just looks like a lot of overlapp...
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Would there be any chance of getting 35 people from this site to each put €100 into an escrow account.

We then play a $1 private tournament on pokerstars and the winner plays the Irish Open for 66% of themselves.

Each of the other 34 members have 1% of that person.

If the winner is unable to play the Irish Open the 35 people each vote to have a replacement from the group play the tournament and the person who plays gets an additional 10% of the winning taken from the original winners share.

Comment

creating a new map?
                                                                      or combining the points?
                                                                      should get help here anyway
                                                                      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6...google-map-api

Combining points onto a new map basically. Ideally I'd like to copy an address location from a website and create a point for that but I'm thinking that's far more time consuming and complicated if I have to do it individually.
                                                                      Last edited by Teddie; 07-03-12, 17:17.

Comment

ah right - hadn't thought about possibly falling population around here given the overall trend. Sweet - ty old people.

Had looked up one school (CoI one in Sutton) and apparently what they officially say isn't quite the practice - as in there might be more flexibility than the rules suggest. oh and local Catholic one, now I remember, hadn't really addressed the idea of religion on their website except to use the word Catholic quite a bit.
                                                                        If the local catholic one your talking about is st fintans then the short answer is yes you need to be baptised the longer version is you have a 50/50 chance of getting in most years so long as your not CoI.

My brother and his missus have decided to not get the sprog christened but again if they face trouble getting into st fintans will relent most probably and give in. His kid should be ok though as we are all past pupils.

I don't like the idea of religion being anywhere near the educational system but you can't get away from the fact that the best schools that aren't fee paying are generally tied to a religion. I wouldn't like to deny my (theoretical) children a better education or make them go to a school further away from their locality and the social consequences that entails for a child just to satisfy my own world viewpoint.

Religion is poison but it's still enshrined in the fabric of the state unfortunately.

Comment

Not voting FF during the Tiger years or not going for the 'Splash and Dash', are matters of principle.
                                                                          Having principled parents who act to slowly remove the 'poison' from society will be of more benefit to the child then what school the child goes to IMO.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                              Not voting FF during the Tiger years or not going for the 'Splash and Dash', are matters of principle.
                                                                              Having principled parents who act to slowly remove the 'poison' from society will be of more benefit to the child then what school the child goes to IMO.
                                                                              Letting your own principles effect your child's education is selfish imo.

Comment

Combining points onto a new map basically. Ideally I'd like to copy an address location from a website and create a point for that but I'm thinking that's far more time consuming and complicated if I have to do it individually.
                                                                                Can you not easily do this creating a my maps and exporting the kml?
                                                                                Do you want to publish the results to a website?
                                                                                Can the google fusion tables api not do this for you?

sorry if I cant be any more help, I'm not 100% sure what you need to actually do

Comment

...

Comment

Can you not easily do this creating a my maps and exporting the kml?
                                                                                    Do you want to publish the results to a website?
                                                                                    Can the google fusion tables api not do this for you?

sorry if I cant be any more help, I'm not 100% sure what you need to actually do

Sent you a PM.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Just as a random hypothetical question, and think might have asked it before, but can't you just pick multiple religions that you can then use in various situations as necessary?

Like is there a legal restriction that says you can't be a member of multiple religions simultaneously?
                                                                                          Just have no religion and use whatever you want in various situations...

Comment

Howth N.S., but would assume its the same thing. Re bolded part; can you just apply and if they go 'no, not baptised' then can you just get the kid baptised and its all fine?

That sounds ridiculous like a sort of blackmail, but still probably the way forward then: ignore unless it proves an issue.

What a country though
                                                                                            I think you have to put in an application in January of the entrance year and your notified if successful in march but they will usually tell you whether or not there are an above average number of applicants. The info I have was gotten from a friend who is a teacher in fintans. You need a baptismal cert apparently with your application to be certain of getting in.

Comment

If your child was refused on the basis of religious grounds could you not take them to court on the basis of discrimination?

That failing if you had enough money Im sure you could get your child into a top school?

Comment

btw will stop posting on this rather boring, slightly annoying, topic now
                                                                                                IN both my kids schools there is every kind of a religion, Cant see why a child thats not baptised cant get in. Chanel is going on this retreat yoke ( for catholics obv) on Monday, she said she doesnt want to go as its boring , I asked her what she would do if she didnt go and she said she would just stay in class with the others, I asked what others and she goes " the muslims, hindus etc)

So surely they may as well be be classed as not being baptised as they are not catholics and cant partake in the usual catholic rituals!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

There's a guy sitting at the all in madness heads up SNGs on will hill who doesn't exist on Sharkscope or ptr that's after winning like 16/20 flips against me and seems to be winning vs everyone else as well. Seems very dodgy!

Comment

I'm not dismissing it, I'm saying it's an overvalued factor. We're not talking about sending a kid to Eton versus sending a kid to Compton High.
                                                                                                    Let's set up a scientific experiment. Hitch can send his kid to the worst possible school and we can see what transpires.

Comment

Apple releasing the new iPad, semi interested to see what is all about.

March 7, 2012. Hard to say if it's a day that'll live long in terms of historical significance, but you can bet it'll be an important milestone in the history of Apple's iPad family. The next iPad (iPad 3? iPad HD? iPad 2S?) is due to be unveiled by Tim Cook at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, California, and we'll be here live to bring you the goods as they're unwrapped. If you've managed to arrive in this time wrinkle before 03/07/2012, there's still a reliable fabric of reality intact. Just be sure to bookmark this landing page and return at the time listed below, or a few hours early for those interested in seeing Tim and Darren live from the streets of SF. March 7, 2012 10:00 AM PST
                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                        Apple releasing the new iPad, semi interested to see what is all about.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/07/a...ad-3-liveblog/
                                                                                                        Is be pretty pissed of as an iPad owner that its only the latest product for a couple of months.

Speaking of which I went into the apple hq to give them some ideas on competing with google chrome which needless to say did raise some iBrowse
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          IN both my kids schools there is every kind of a religion, Cant see why a child thats not baptised cant get in. Chanel is going on this retreat yoke ( for catholics obv) on Monday, she said she doesnt want to go as its boring , I asked her what she would do if she didnt go and she said she would just stay in class with the others, I asked what others and she goes " the muslims, hindus etc)

So surely they may as well be be classed as not being baptised as they are not catholics and cant partake in the usual catholic rituals!
                                                                                                          I remember going to that "retreat" thing when I was Chanel's age. There was a strict list of banned things. Obviously I brought beer, hash, music, escaped for a while with others, and then just played cards at night. I was dead set against going but there was no choice iirc.

On another note, there's nothing more boring than helping someone out with their research and every statistical test I do on their data being non-significant. It speaks poorly of a person when they haven't sufficiently manipulated the dice beforehand to maximise their chances of obtaining significant results
                                                                                                          Last edited by hotspur; 07-03-12, 18:35.

Comment

Is it Mount St Annes? I remember going to that, it wasn't that bad!

Comment

Sent you a PM.
                                                                                                              that's an interesting idea.
                                                                                                              send you a very rough idea of how I'd look at it.
                                                                                                              Without access to the host, it's messy to start with.

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Just as a random hypothetical question, and think might have asked it before, but can't you just pick multiple religions that you can then use in various situations as necessary?
                                                                                                                  Use whatever one angers the demon.

Though I do like how you are martingaling pascal's wager

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    Is be pretty pissed of as an iPad owner that its only the latest product for a couple of months.
                                                                                                                    Im an iPad owner and im mega excited. But im an Apple fish as a few cunts around here will testify

Comment

Important fixture change notification from the FPL lads today

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                                        Is it Mount St Annes? I remember going to that, it wasn't that bad!
                                                                                                                        Not sure, I think its castletown, could be wrong, We went to mount st annes for our pre marriage course, have to say it was some craic! really enjoyed it.
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Not sure, I think its castletown, could be wrong, We went to mount st annes for our pre marriage course, have to say it was some craic! really enjoyed it.
                                                                                                                          do ya still have to do that course where a priest who is devoted to celibate life without a wife or gf tells ya how to live married life?
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X