This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
    Ugh, hate these kinds of days! Last two weeks have been so good as well...
    rallied pretty hard, losses minimal now
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      I'm not in banks at all (other than via a dividend-focused ETF) so am down pretty much the same amount now as I was a few hours ago That said, the euro weakening is actually good for my portfolio, my GLD and remaining SLV (sold 50% of this after the last bubblesque run-up) are in $ and I've a few £ equities in the mix as well.

Comment

I'm not in banks at all (other than via a dividend-focused ETF) so am down pretty much the same amount now as I was a few hours ago That said, the euro weakening is actually good for my portfolio, my GLD and remaining SLV (sold 50% of this after the last bubblesque run-up) are in $ and I've a few £ equities in the mix as well.
        I am watching and waiting (patience is running out though, might just pay off the mortgage lol)

what happens when the yanks stop QE?

Comment

fuckers at limel got local bookshop o Mahoneys to pimp it on their page somehow. 4000 followers, votes are starting in already.
          http://mobro.co/zuroph
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

We're obviously long past the "lol@ keeping money in an irish bank" stage.

How far/close are we to "lol@ keeping your savings in euro"?

Comment

I am watching and waiting (patience is running out though, might just pay off the mortgage lol)

what happens when the yanks stop QE?
              Lads we have a general Gambling thread for this sort of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                We're obviously long past the "lol@ keeping money in an irish bank" stage.

How far/close are we to "lol@ keeping your savings in euro"?
                pretty far imo, it's still more solid than US dollars or sterling

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  And who have you played there?
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Is your steamers group still active and do you have any starcraft 2 players?
                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                      fuckers at limel got local bookshop o Mahoneys to pimp it on their page somehow. 4000 followers, votes are starting in already.
                      That trash has got no chance me thinks. I'd hope the people who choose between the winner will notice that an international celebrity gossip magazine has no chance of suceeding.
                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Time for my cone + perving break in Eyre Sq.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Getting out of hand now i think.

Dom, threaten the server people with Damo

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post

yea its bad again today

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                              That trash has got no chance me thinks. I'd hope the people who choose between the winner will notice that an international celebrity gossip magazine has no chance of suceeding.
                              No, they'll see magazine in the title and jump on it for free advertising etc.
                              It sucks but that is how I see it going
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The magazine is charging at Zuuuuuuutroy

Comment

The League of you-know-what

you could make an argument that this doesn't matter

note our new entrant in 9th place

Comment

I've been in bed ill all day, only saw it when I got up to make a doctors appointment.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        I've been in bed ill all day, only saw it when I got up to make a doctors appointment.
                                        man up 5star, your people need you now

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Comment

Is that today's outfit? Got a txt from a mate about it

Comment

What did Iceland do right to fall off the list Dukey?
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                No, they'll see magazine in the title and jump on it for free advertising etc.
                                                It sucks but that is how I see it going
                                                I'd argue that would rather see a success story then a failure when the mag is bust in 3 months time.

Is their one linked to the Oz one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limelight?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  got their retaliation in first

I've been saying all along we should have defaulted in 2008

Comment

Here something for SatNav

from http://www.spi0n.comA veterinarian put standby a cat with a plier.Clínica veterinaria Gattoswww.gattos.net00.34.915040651Avd. Menéndez Pelayo 37, Madrid
                                                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                    http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                      Is that today's outfit? Got a txt from a mate about it
                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Some cool little things for the Google+ people

Google has finally rolled out Google+ which is not yet another service like Google Wave and Buzz, but is an amazing and power-packed social networking

Gotta say I think when this gets even semi-populated I'll probably just get rid of my Facebook, it really seems quite superior right now for a variety of small reasons that definitely add up.
                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

didn't sweep shit under the rug, decided to do something more than "wait and see".
                                                          Basically were proactive in their downfall.

I'd rather fall with my arms out than have them in my pockets!

Comment

What do you mean G ?

I said you are giving me a constant , love.

Comment

got their retaliation in first

I've been saying all along we should have defaulted in 2008
                                                              Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              didn't sweep shit under the rug, decided to do something more than "wait and see".
                                                              Basically were proactive in their downfall.

I'd rather fall with my arms out than have them in my pockets!
                                                              Are we more fucked now than Iceland was before they decided to become proactive in trying to rectify themselves.

Surely such a successful model should be imitated no?
                                                              Last edited by The Situation; 12-07-11, 16:02.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                Some cool little things for the Google+ people

Google has finally rolled out Google+ which is not yet another service like Google Wave and Buzz, but is an amazing and power-packed social networking

Gotta say I think when this gets even semi-populated I'll probably just get rid of my Facebook, it really seems quite superior right now for a variety of small reasons that definitely add up.
                                                                The rush onto Facebook by every single company, from giant international corporates to one-man bands, and the ensuing avalanche of spam is not doing Facebook any favours with regard the long-term viability of the site as a social networking experience. I feel that many companies that seek to foster a web presence there a) don't know the 1st thing about leveraging social networking to benefit them 2) are mostly wasting there time trying to blindly attract followers without putting the effort into attracting the right kind of followers (i.e. potential customers!) and c) are ultimately wasting money by pushing out a panicked social media strategy ('arrrgggh!!!! social networking!!!!! Web 2.0!!!!! we gotta get involved or we'll be left behind!!!!')

Facebook isn't going anywhere anytime soon though, it is still the 800-pound gorilla of its industry...

Comment

I was at a Red Sox game this day last week and myself and my mate were recounting the time that we were there on July 4th for a game. We could barely contain our laughter as the stadium announcer told us how the giant US flag in right field had been stitched together from the charred remains of flags which were burned and damaged in New York in the Sep 11 attacks. Tons of the chest thumping dummy Americans were virtually in tears while we had to really struggle to keep a lid on our sniggering as we wondered if the creators of Family Guy had set this up as a joke.
                                                                  So we were sat there this year on July 5th wondering what gay shit they did the previous day when they were kind enough to show us on the big screen. They had some female marine walking across the field only to be greeted by her family who hadn't seen in ages and didn't know she was going to be there, all to promote some show on TV about surprise soldier homecomings. We were left once again wonder why there were no sickbags in the seat pocket in front of us, all the while wondering how this country is the most powerful on earth.

Comment

We are not Iceland, we don't have their fish or enormous reserves of free geothermal energy.
                                                                    They are pretty fucked there still, anything that needs to be imported (Everything except fish, lamb what they grow under glass in the summer) is beyond the pocket of almost everyone.

Default in 2008 was an option but we'd be spending Bertie Bucks now and a new laptop would cost nearer two months wages than one weeks.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Are we more fucked now than Iceland was before they decided to become proactive in trying to rectify themselves.

Everyone lost their savings in the bank so it depends on happy people would have been with that. Our biggest mistake is/was doing little to nothing over our social welfare and public service bill.

Comment

The rush onto Facebook by every single company, from giant international corporates to one-man bands, and the ensuing avalanche of spam is not doing Facebook any favours with regard the long-term viability of the site as a social networking experience. I feel that many companies that seek to foster a web presence there a) don't know the 1st thing about leveraging social networking to benefit them 2) are mostly wasting there time trying to blindly attract followers without putting the effort into attracting the right kind of followers (i.e. potential customers!) and c) are ultimately wasting money by pushing out a panicked social media strategy ('arrrgggh!!!! social networking!!!!! Web 2.0!!!!! we gotta get involved or we'll be left behind!!!!')

Facebook isn't going anywhere anytime soon though, it is still the 800-pound gorilla of its industry...
                                                                        Oh absolutely, I don't think G+ will be eliminating it any time soon or even really damaging it all that badly, but I think if populated enough it'd be the far more enjoyable social networking experience, but I doubt there'll be any kind of migration on a big scale from one to the other, it's just not revolutionary enough for that kind of thing. I'm just hoping enough people move over that I personally know so that I can make it my primary social networking site.
                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

you could make an argument that this doesn't matter

note our new entrant in 9th place
                                                                          What am i looking at here?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                            Oh absolutely, I don't think G+ will be eliminating it any time soon or even really damaging it all that badly, but I think if populated enough it'd be the far more enjoyable social networking experience, but I doubt there'll be any kind of migration on a big scale from one to the other, it's just not revolutionary enough for that kind of thing. I'm just hoping enough people move over that I personally know so that I can make it my primary social networking site.
                                                                            I'm bringing my people with me

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                              What am i looking at here?
                                                                              Teh Abyss.

Comment

Certainly more fucked, we're the kid who put his head in a tunnel and his ears mean he can't pull himself out. Only thing for it is to get through the tunnel with as little damage as possible.

The window of opportunity to "pull an iceland" closed when we accepted bailout.

As strewelpeter points out we can't work ourselves out of defaut as well as Iceland can either. Though if we're discussing that note how low greece's exports are and try figure out how fucked they are!

Comment

I advertise my business on facebook and for certain target markets it really is the only show in town as well as being relatively cheap. The ease which people can direct their friends to your website can hugely benefit any type or size of business.

People don't really buy newspapers anymore and the ones that do skim through it quickly on their way to or from work and as someone put it to me recently T.V is the poor mans internet, nevermind T.V and print media trying to pass on huge overheads to fewer advertisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    We are not Iceland, we don't have their fish or enormous reserves of free geothermal energy.
                                                                                    They are pretty fucked there still, anything that needs to be imported (Everything except fish, lamb what they grow under glass in the summer) is beyond the pocket of almost everyone.

Default in 2008 was an option but we'd be spending Bertie Bucks now and a new laptop would cost nearer two months wages than one weeks.
                                                                                    I'm working on a transporter technology that instantly incinerates you whilst recording your atomic makeup, the code for which is then sent to a reciever unit that recombines it. It would instantly remove the need for fossil fuel reliance and worth trillions as it would revolutionise transport and goods shipping throughout the globe.
                                                                                    That fact that you would be a clone or carbon copy of yourself means it'll never get past the joe duffy parade and the church. Such ethical dilemmas regarding the soul have no place in this country. We've already sold our souls to the IMF.
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Hugh Hefner dead?

Comment

Hugh Hefner dead?
                                                                                        Hoax

Tweeted he was alive and kicking 11 hours ago

Comment

Dark Knight Rises teaser poster

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                              Hello Danny, would you be able to reduce the size of your image in the signature as it is a little on the large size and a bit intrusive.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

can we read anything from this?

trailer launches with Harry Potter as does the new Sherlock Holmes
                                                                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 12-07-11, 17:10.

Comment

Yes,Batman is in it.
                                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I'm looking forward to the new Batman game more so then the movie. Shame Hamill isn't the joker again.

Comment

new game clips?
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Looks like it's made from cocaine. Maybe the director thought Bale played such a convincing drug addict in the The Fighter that he's turning batman into one. Them long nights batman works must be tough without some sort of kick.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

kevkehoe: what u make of google plus?

kevkehoe: www.irishpokerboards.com
                                                                                                          Robert: I aint used it
                                                                                                          why do you ask?

kevkehoe: did u get my invite?

Robert: on gmail?
                                                                                                          dont think so

kevkehoe: ya

Robert: when?

kevkehoe: sent it last night

Robert: never arrived afaik

kevkehoe: u have a profile on it

Robert: weird
                                                                                                          I'll look now in a bit

kevkehoe: with photos and all

Robert: wtf
                                                                                                          gtfo!

kevkehoe: yep
                                                                                                          Elise is there

Robert: emm
                                                                                                          wrong person?

kevkehoe: maybe its linked to your picasso
                                                                                                          ah
                                                                                                          is that zuutroy?

Robert: lol

kevkehoe: fs

Robert: yeah
                                                                                                          ya donkl
                                                                                                          I was like wtf is he asking me for!

kevkehoe: i knew this 2 robert o connor friends
                                                                                                          was gonna catch me
                                                                                                          lol
                                                                                                          carry on
                                                                                                          nothing to see here

Comment

Damo, dont stir the pot yet! if they're gonna be picking between me and the mag, I dont nee dto be causing them hassle on their page just yet!
                                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                              new game clips?
                                                                                                              See the first 12 minutes of Batsequel gameplay footage from Batman: Arkham City on Xbox 360, including everyone's favourite feline anti-hero Catwoman and as ...

Comment

How do you embed youtube videos these days ? I have tired just pasting the link as before but it doesn't work.

Opr

Comment

I just hate previews for movies. Prefer to know nothing about it only who is directing and who is acting and go watch it. Much more enjoyable experience that way imo.
                                                                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

Its the duck face tops it off.
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        After the suit episode, what are our communal feelings on light suit pants? Guys in beige trousers with dark jackets?

Bizarre I reckon
                                                                                                                        Beige trousers, white shirt, navy blazer, brown belt/ shoes. Works well imo.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                        Need to be a twat to pull it off.
                                                                                                                        Guilty!

Comment

Some bird with a moustache spilling stuff on a table. What's the funny bit?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X