X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      Very cool interview Danny, well played.

So now we've got to the point where Ian Paisly is dead and a fk load of people in Swaziland are dying of aids and the forum as a whole is ambivalent.
      Would of liked a do-over as I just thought it was a test and then he has it posted online
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Zola View Post
        Lottie has 27 years on me.

I bet he dies first.

$5?
        Booked.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
          Booked.
          Closed at this.

You basically got 50c on at 10/1

Comment

is there a photoshop thread ?
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              I have been reading about Swaziland and their HIV rate which threatens the long term survival of the country. It's amazing how quickly you can go from being sympathetic to the huge numbers with it and the devastation it is causing to just being indignant with the stupidity of the population and culture.

To:

This was brought about considering Raoul's historical nations of fcukedness thing.
              Read up on the King's role in encouraging said HIV rate
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone got a link for the Sonny Bill Williams fight about to start now?

Weigh-in was pretty funny.

Clarence Tillman and SBW,The two men were posing for the traditional face-off in a gym ahead of Wednesday night's New Zealand Professional Boxing Association...

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                  Edit: Or pick random cunts on death row. Anyone offering odds on a stay of execution?

Seems there are some stays.
                  Did you know your chances of dying are greater if you're a drug dealer on a corner than an inmate on death row?
                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    is there a photoshop thread ?
                    We should start one at this point imo.WP Mellor,Village of the Damned is classy.

Also,why is Danny putting on that funny accent?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                      We should start one at this point imo.
                      Someone needs to take the initiative.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Someone needs to take the initiative.
                          I would,but I kind of feel you need the mad photoshop skills to do a few at the beginning.Can't just say 'here's the thread' with no examples.

Anyway,I'll be stealing OPR's idea soon and starting a favorite movie scene thread.

Comment

I think I fucking hate Santander the bank (and now as a result the football club and that smarmy red cunt Fernando Alonso) more than anything in the world.

I go to the same branch every month to pay my rent. All I've ever needed is my account number and the account number, name and ID number of my landlord.

I get charged 5 euro commission everytime I do this, and on top of this for some reason I got charged 85euro commission at the end of last year, nominally because I let my account drop below 500euro at some point.

I asked them about it and they said they'd try to refund it if they could get clearance (from who I have no fucking idea) and let me know soon. Obviously I've heard nothing, while my request to have my online banking info sent to me has now been in limbo for close to a year.

The only reason I haven't closed my account yet is because that's the account that I have put down on my rent allowance application form, and to modify that form once submitted is apparently a more complicated procedure than solving Swaziland's AIDS epidemic.

I went in today to pay the rent, and already the queue of coffin-dodgers had me on tilt. This place makes the deathlist look like a creche, given the amount of senile 100-year olds who seem to go every day and take 1 hour to withdraw 10 euro to go shopping. The other customers all tend to be foreign chumps like me who have always some forgotten some document or other and are sent away transaction-less.

After a long wait, including a time when the only man serving customers went for what can only have been a dump, I get to the counter. I follow the normal procedure and give him the money I need to lodge and my passport, which has always been the only thing I've needed. He starts going on about how he's not a miracle worker and how is he supposed to know my account from my passport alone, despite the fact he has never had a problem doing so before. I give him my bank card which shuts him up for a while and he processes the lodgement.

Then I tell him I need to transfer my rent to my landlord, as I do every month. I hand him the docket from last month's transfer that has all the info needed and he just looks at it, shoves me some very long form and says he can't do this operation and moves on to the person behind me. I go to one of the pieces of furniture who just sit behind desks but don't seemingly do anything (as in they aren't cashiers) and ask her what's up.

She says I need to talk to another colleague behind another desk (why I have no idea) so I go to the next one. She tells me a transfer this big is impossible to do without my chequebook unless I do it from the branch I set up my account in all the way across the city. I tell her I've done it for the last 6 months in this branch and without chequebook, she doesn't really have an answer to this, but tells me it's impossible.

I've never been so annoyed to not have forked out 1300e.

tl-dr - fuck off you incompetent, spic cunts and please oh please let you be the next idiot in this country to lose their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                              Someone in Spar there trying to argue that she should be able to get a spicy chicken breast as one of the three items in her breakfast roll.
                              Wtf, 3 items in a breakfast roll. You should come to Wexford for one, unlimited items

Comment

I would,but I kind of feel you need the mad photoshop skills to do a few at the beginning.Can't just say 'here's the thread' with no examples.

Anyway,I'll be stealing OPR's idea soon and starting a favorite movie scene thread.
                                I google imaged lemmings to illustrate how you were a follower and not a leader and it turns out lemmings are actually real creatures! Who would a knew...

Comment

Someone in Spar there trying to argue that she should be able to get a spicy chicken breast as one of the three items in her breakfast roll.
                                  I bet the people that bitch,haggle and complain about prices in life are the ones that pay the least for stuff.

TL;DR make a fuss if you want cheap shit.

Comment

Getting a samsung galaxy s2 in the next day or two
                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I google imaged lemmings to illustrate how you were a follower and not a leader and it turns out lemmings are actually real creatures! Who would a knew...

Lemmings are not known for being followers,that's sheep.

Comment

qucik flick through the thread and I think that Afghanistan is the nut shat on country in the world. Not just in the last 100 years but pretty much throughout time. Every one has taken a stab at occupation and brutally suppressed who was their before while freedom fighters from other nations came into battle them. Combined with the fact it is a dusty, oppressive hole and that as a young lad born you have to roll the dice on becoming the village fuck toy (cant remember the exact details but something about the tradition that some lucky guy will be chosen to become a cross dresser and buggered by anyone who fancies a go in the village.)the worst place in the world to live imo.

All banks like to put on nonsense charges and AIB are the worst bank of all imo. Sorry to any who work there but only ever 1 staff member on the desk at lunch time to deal with everything except the 2 at new accounts and 1 on the currency exchange. Fucking Capel st branch is the bane of my life.

Also respect the angle shoot on trying to get a chicken fillet in a breakfast roll but don't think I would fancy it. Breakfast rolls in spar are crap anyway with eggs that are sharp on the edges and rubber in the middle, rolls that are too thin to properly fill, poor quality pudding if available and never any fried mushrooms.

Complaining and asking for discounts is obv a must these days as otherwise you are a fool. Most times I ask person doesn't even try and haggle and just knocks money off. Standard part of most transactions that are not food or drink related.

Good to see the French rugby team looks slightly stronger for us also. Could be that they fear us or that they want to tear us to pieces. Least the game is late so I should be fairly well on by the time it is on.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                          I think I fucking hate Santander the bank (and now as a result the football club and that smarmy red cunt Fernando Alonso) more than anything in the world.

I go to the same branch every month to pay my rent. All I've ever needed is my account number and the account number, name and ID number of my landlord.

I get charged 5 euro commission everytime I do this, and on top of this for some reason I got charged 85euro commission at the end of last year, nominally because I let my account drop below 500euro at some point.

I asked them about it and they said they'd try to refund it if they could get clearance (from who I have no fucking idea) and let me know soon. Obviously I've heard nothing, while my request to have my online banking info sent to me has now been in limbo for close to a year.

The only reason I haven't closed my account yet is because that's the account that I have put down on my rent allowance application form, and to modify that form once submitted is apparently a more complicated procedure than solving Swaziland's AIDS epidemic.

I went in today to pay the rent, and already the queue of coffin-dodgers had me on tilt. This place makes the deathlist look like a creche, given the amount of senile 100-year olds who seem to go every day and take 1 hour to withdraw 10 euro to go shopping. The other customers all tend to be foreign chumps like me who have always some forgotten some document or other and are sent away transaction-less.

After a long wait, including a time when the only man serving customers went for what can only have been a dump, I get to the counter. I follow the normal procedure and give him the money I need to lodge and my passport, which has always been the only thing I've needed. He starts going on about how he's not a miracle worker and how is he supposed to know my account from my passport alone, despite the fact he has never had a problem doing so before. I give him my bank card which shuts him up for a while and he processes the lodgement.

Then I tell him I need to transfer my rent to my landlord, as I do every month. I hand him the docket from last month's transfer that has all the info needed and he just looks at it, shoves me some very long form and says he can't do this operation and moves on to the person behind me. I go to one of the pieces of furniture who just sit behind desks but don't seemingly do anything (as in they aren't cashiers) and ask her what's up.

She says I need to talk to another colleague behind another desk (why I have no idea) so I go to the next one. She tells me a transfer this big is impossible to do without my chequebook unless I do it from the branch I set up my account in all the way across the city. I tell her I've done it for the last 6 months in this branch and without chequebook, she doesn't really have an answer to this, but tells me it's impossible.

I've never been so annoyed to not have forked out 1300e.

tl-dr - fuck off you incompetent, spic cunts and please oh please let you be the next idiot in this country to lose their job.
                                          i can't believe that the cashier was only in the door and was allowed to take a dump allready he should be made hold ontoit until his break time imo
                                          can't believe my euro dollars are keeping this guy in a job.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

We definitely need a new general interest thread or something. The cooking one was great while it was going, something new would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                              i can't believe that the cashier was only in the door and was allowed to take a dump allready he should be made hold ontoit until his break time imo
                                              can't believe my euro dollars are keeping this guy in a job.
                                              Ha my thoughts exactly. In my job (teaching) getting up and going for a shit is not an option.

Comment

Who are the experts on computers here, I know Dead Parrot is one.
                                                I have a major problem with my hard drive on my PC, I don't have a problem with replacing it but my pc expert says he cannot retrieve the data, some of which is very important to me.
                                                I have all doc backed up but I use outlook express for email & have no back up for addresses & emails.
                                                Any advice appreciated

Comment

Ukraine, Haiti, Congo and (possibly surprisingly) China

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                    That one jumped off the page at me too.

So who fancies a bet.
                                                    Say we choose 5 people each turn by turn, $10 per death so max loss $50. My knowledge of any of their conditions is zero so in stab in the dark territory here.

You sir can have first pick.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

DCU Spar is a joke. Absolute thieves and the food is muck. 65c fOr a scrape of relish

Comment

Quality rant Carlo, just read it out to Fiona there, got a few laughs imagining you coming back to the gaf and going off like a maniac to Erwin.

Btw presume that rent is for all of you per month, how many rooms?

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                          Quality rant Carlo, just read it out to Fiona there, got a few laughs imagining you coming back to the gaf and going off like a maniac to Erwin.

Btw presume that rent is for all of you per month, how many rooms?
                                                          4 rooms. I did have a bit of rant at home too, and I've also told the useless pube that he can go and pay the rent from now on.

I have to say I enjoyed writing it.

Comment

Let's be honest, breakfast rolls are for poor people and those less fortunate.

Go to a cafe, sit down, read the paper, enjoy your coffee and eat your breakfast off a plate with proper toast, like God intended, not all stuffed inside some fucking rock hard crusty roll.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                              Who are the experts on computers here, I know Dead Parrot is one.
                                                              I have a major problem with my hard drive on my PC, I don't have a problem with replacing it but my pc expert says he cannot retrieve the data, some of which is very important to me.
                                                              I have all doc backed up but I use outlook express for email & have no back up for addresses & emails.
                                                              Any advice appreciated
                                                              Obv check this first but if you set up outlook on a new pc with the same isp settings/username/password, wont it just bring in all your old emails and addresses?

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                4 rooms. I did have a bit of rant at home too, and I've also told the useless pube that he can go and pay the rent from now on.

I have to say I enjoyed writing it.
                                                                Gotta love European Bureaucracy eh? You're mad for it.

What'll you do when you live in a normal country?

Comment

You can see most of that fight on Youtube already C-kid.

Comment

Icarus, would it be standard to stuff a blaa with sausages, rashers and the like as a breakfast blaa, or is the blaa supposed to eaten solo?

Comment

Bumping this for any of you charitable folks out there

Comment

Talking of asking for discounts / haggling, I was thinking about this over the past weekend. On Saturday I wandered into town looking to buy a pair of boots; I actually tried a few weeks ago but was horrified at the poor service I received in the shops I visited around Henry St and it put me off shopping. Anyhow this time I decided to try around Grafton St and sure enough, found more attentive staff and as a result, wanted to make a purchase or two.

Eventually found a really nice pair of black Caterpillar boots, priced at €165 - they didn't have my exact size in so didn't buy at the time, but given they aren't on sale and are pricey enough (for me anyhow!), it is worth asking for a discount for paying in cash? Is it standard enough to do so? I usually get my clothes / shoes in sales so don't often pay full 'chump' price anyhow!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                          You can see most of that fight on Youtube already C-kid.
                                                                          Was only one round, I found a stream so caught it all live.

He looked pretty impressive to be fair, but hard to know whether the other dude is anything other than a chump.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                            Talking of asking for discounts / haggling, I was thinking about this over the past weekend. On Saturday I wandered into town looking to buy a pair of boots; I actually tried a few weeks ago but was horrified at the poor service I received in the shops I visited around Henry St and it put me off shopping. Anyhow this time I decided to try around Grafton St and sure enough, found more attentive staff and as a result, wanted to make a purchase or two.

Eventually found a really nice pair of black Caterpillar boots, priced at €165 - they didn't have my exact size in so didn't buy at the time, but given they aren't on sale and are pricey enough (for me anyhow!), it is worth asking for a discount for paying in cash? Is it standard enough to do so? I usually get my clothes / shoes in sales so don't often pay full 'chump' price anyhow!
                                                                            Yes ask for a discount. If they say no so what. If buying more than 1 thing defo ask for a knock down. Most places dont even require a super or manager to give discounts now and I think it is kinda factored into the prices now.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                              Was only one round, I found a stream so caught it all live.

He looked pretty impressive to be fair, but hard to know whether the other dude is anything other than a chump.
                                                                              11 wins in 21 fights, weighing in 44 pounds heavier and not exactly looking svelte, I think it's fair to say he's a chump!

Tbh SBW didn't look particularly polished either, but I suppose you only do what you need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                Icarus, would it be standard to stuff a blaa with sausages, rashers and the like as a breakfast blaa, or is the blaa supposed to eaten solo?
                                                                                Pretty much anything can go into a blaa. The breakfast blaa would be pretty rare mind although the sausage blaa or sausage and rasher blaa common enough.

The red led blaa is the stuff of Kings though and the original Deise lunchtime feast

Comment

Speaking of breakfast, your ideal one? And none of this museli Shite I'm talking about a man's breakfast, mine is 3 superquinn sausages , 3 galtee tender cure rashers grilled
                                                                                  . Scoop of Heinz beans 2 fried eggs runny, two of each black and white clonakilty pudding one potato waffle, mushrooms fried in butter and two slices of batch toast with a cold glass of orange juice. Heinz ketchup of course
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

We should start one at this point imo.WP Mellor,Village of the Damned is classy.

Also,why is Danny putting on that funny accent?
                                                                                    You do realise they have different accents outside of blaaland

What a dope.
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        Speaking of breakfast, your ideal one? And none of this museli Shite I'm talking about a man's breakfast, mine is 3 superquinn sausages , 3 galtee tender cure rashers grilled
                                                                                        . Scoop of Heinz beans 2 fried eggs runny, two of each black and white clonakilty pudding one potato waffle, mushrooms fried in butter and two slices of batch toast with a cold glass of orange juice. Heinz ketchup of course
                                                                                        On Clonakilty pudding, went into the butchers down there that made the original recipie when we were down there a few weeks back. Had a few orders and yer man had the proper almost full circle puds. Asked him for a dozen and he didnt bat an eyelid, didnt ask black or white either, straight for the black, fair fucks to him

Delish so they are. Ideally mashed into slices of homemade soda bread

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Comment

Attention Four of a Kind/Cunt/Carlo

Lol @ Roy Brindley on twitter, not sure if its a rub down buts its funny

Comment

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                On Clonakilty pudding, went into the butchers down there that made the original recipie when we were down there a few weeks back. Had a few orders and yer man had the proper almost full circle puds. Asked him for a dozen and he didnt bat an eyelid, didnt ask black or white either, straight for the black, fair fucks to him

Delish so they are. Ideally mashed into slices of homemade soda bread
                                                                                                Stuff a chicken breast with the stuff and your onto a winner, pizzeria in Sligo does it on a pizza too unreal
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

scrambled eggs and steak.

Comment

Scrambled is alright but I'm all about the fried, and I have no.objection to an extra meat
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

found dunnes of wicklow puddings recently pisses all over that cork stuff
                                                                                                      48

Comment

surely all the Leinster heads will agree that ROG must start on Saturday? Theres no point trying to spread the ball to a misfiring backline especially if Earls is going back in at 13. What was annoying against Wales is that Sexton seemed to be kicking in behind them a lot in the 2nd half and missed a few kicks. Surely if you want to play ROG's game you don't get a poor mans impersonator to do it.

We need to win in Paris. Without ROG there is no

Comment

I find it harder and harder to find good comfortable shoes and comfort is the only thing that matters in shoes. What I do is find a pair I like in Schuh where there are plenty of staff and then go and buy them for up to 50% cheaper on Amazon.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                            surely all the Leinster heads will agree that ROG must start on Saturday? Theres no point trying to spread the ball to a misfiring backline especially if Earls is going back in at 13. What was annoying against Wales is that Sexton seemed to be kicking in behind them a lot in the 2nd half and missed a few kicks. Surely if you want to play ROG's game you don't get a poor mans impersonator to do it.

We need to win in Paris. Without ROG there is no
                                                                                                            You realise don't you that we were winning against a vastly superior team until ROG came on and from then on there was no and we rolled over tamely.

Just sayin.

Other than that... Obvious Troll is Obvious.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                You realise don't you that we were winning against a vastly superior team until ROG came on and from then on there was no and we rolled over tamely.

Just sayin.

Other than that... Obvious Troll is Obvious.
                                                                                                                Sexton makes the kicks that ROG taps over in his sleep and we have closed out that game. I dont see how its ROGs fault that we got bashed up the centre channel for the last 20 minutes. If Darcy wasnt so out of position maybe mcFaddon doesnt get steamrolled and we hold out for an undeserved win

Comment

Redknapp not guilty on all counts.

Comment

Kedgeree, the breakfast of champions

Great simple recipe here

Comment

Stack of blueberry pancakes, jug of maple syrup, some grilled rashers and several litres of coffee

Comment

Stand out from the crowd Paul and go for something handmade

http://www.robinsonsshoes.com/cheane...9-104-1576.php

Previously I'd doubt you'd get much joy haggling on grafton street. Unless its a suit store or menswear store and you were buying a few bits. I haven't had much success haggling in regular shoe stores but high end places will throw in polish, a shoe horn and even a cedar shoe tree depending on what you are buying. There really is no harm in asking and if you do it right it's not even embarrassing its more like giving the sales person a chance to seal the sale.

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Speaking of ROG, while the game was obviously up and it probably would have made no difference, was anyone else extremely annoyed by his restart after the 1/2penny penalty?

He basically kicked it long and deep when we absolutely had to compete for possession! Risk it not going 10, and at least we get a chance at a scrum.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X