This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Ireland.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Sudan or Sierra Leone for africa, Laos or Burma for asia i think

Comment

Eamonhona: What level sngs did you start at in your challenge on Stars? Wanna give my mate $10 to try buil a bit of a roll, but as far as I can see the smallest buyin is $1.50. Is there no 50c sngs on Stars or what?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
          Eamonhona: What level sngs did you start at in your challenge on Stars? Wanna give my mate $10 to try buil a bit of a roll, but as far as I can see the smallest buyin is $1.50. Is there no 50c sngs on Stars or what?
          theres 50c and 25c turbos not regulars. I preferred the turbo 45s at the lower buy ins as it was quicker to get rid of the weaker players and quicker to get to the blind stealing stage etc.
          airport, lol

Comment

Was considering starting to exercise next week for the first time since I was a youth.

I tripped over earlier and landed on my hand/wrist which is now sprained/strained somewhat, probably a sign that I shouldn't bother with exercise.

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            so far today Iv heard;

positive energy
            I just have a feeling
            keeping my nerve
            Iv always had big numbers so this has to be a big number
            thats a really good offer far better than I thought Id get so obv no deal
            Iv seen so many strange things with 7, 4 and 2 its a sign

really are the dregs - compulsory viewing though
            typical drooler on giving it socks - I have a feeling yada yada

deals at 22k with 8 boxes left including 100k and 250k because his wife/gfriend makes him

takes out 3 small boxes and gets offer 42k and starts to well up with tears

left with 2 boxes 100k and 750 and it is revealed he had 100k the whole time

Noel doing the usual rub down for added effect

cue the tears as the end credits roll - beautiful stuff
            Just reminded me of Judge Judy absolutely pwning someone earlier.

Judge Judy asked a defendant about something specific...

Person: I feel that...
            Judge Judy cuts her off angrily: I'm not interested in your feelings, if you want to talk about your feelings you should have gone on Dr Phil.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
              It's Ireland.

Spot the odd one out AMIRITE?

It's Jedward because they are heros and the only saving grace in this country for the last few years.

Comment

John Mullane withdrew from the Waterford squad - kev will have details of the midnight vigil
                Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                He'll be back before the end of the league, the wife is on shiftwork for a bit, so with 2 kids he doesnt have the time. With that and a few niggling injuries it the sensible move.

This gave me a good chuckle, after all the talk of the NFL and football this is the cold realism of the GAA.
                Mullane confirms on RTE Radio Sport tonight that he'll be back training with the panel after Paddy's day. Citing the phenomenal committment needed these days and hows he's struggling with holding down a full time job, the wife as well and bringing up 2 young kids.

Didnt sound like he'll have many more years in the tank though

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                  Spot the odd one out AMIRITE?

It's Jedward because they are heros and the only saving grace in this country for the last few years.
                  I Jedward, they were included in an ironic sense,but you should have picked up on that, you're slipping man .

Comment

I Jedward, they were included in an ironic sense,but you should have picked up on that, you're slipping man .
                    There are some Jedward haters in these parts, it's hard to keep track.

Comment

@ Rigger
                      Attached Files
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Germany were pretty fucked over in WW2. A better strategic advance and das Irlande could be such a better place

Comment

tweet war between gary lineker and piers morgan over last couple of days has been pretty funny
                          airport, lol

Comment

Newsnight debate about these French Breast Implants with Naomi Wolf, Jordan and a roomful of Women who want their implants replaced.
                            Comedy Gold
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Newsnight debate about these French Breast Implants with Naomi Wolf, Jordan and a roomful of Women who want their implants replaced.
                              Comedy Gold

Tony, PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                @ Rigger
                                If you add on to a word in scrabble, do you get all the points of the new word or just the letters you added?

Comment

degens gonna degen

Comment

If you add on to a word in scrabble, do you get all the points of the new word or just the letters you added?
                                    all but dont pick up any bonus tiles already run over.
                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

all the points
                                      airport, lol

Comment

I tripped over earlier and landed on my hand/wrist which is now sprained/strained somewhat
                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Germany were pretty fucked over in WW2
                                          Not really.
                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                            degens gonna degen

Marty is such an awsome human being!!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

@ Raoul Duke: Kurdistan, Palestine, Tibet...

Haiti is a god forsaken part of the world. No hope, no chance, no future. As the Economist detailed recently, living in North Korea over the past 60 years seems to have been an utterly hellish experience.

Africa is a menagerie of despair, but I would argue that a country like Nigeria that has had vast natural resources at its disposal and still produced horrendous living standards for the average citizen is in its own league of awful.

The likes of Iran and China are developed and progressive in an economic sense but rank very low in the freedom stakes.

Bad 100 years to be Polish (particularly if were of the Jewish persuasion).
                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Called bank, told them I had been made redundant but had managed to secure a new job. Explained that I had proof of decent redundancy payment coming in 3 months time, but needed to buy a car now to travel to new job, and thus not miss any mortgage payments etc. They turned loan app down. Idiots. Now I'm considering missing a mortgage payment or two out of spite
                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                    Really wanted to send that to people, but realised only here could get the humour!
                                                    Yeah probably better not, was bbv post only, I wouldn't put it on twitter myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                      Called bank, told them I had been made redundant but had managed to secure a new job. Explained that I had proof of decent redundancy payment coming in 3 months time, but needed to buy a car now to travel to new job, and thus not miss any mortgage payments etc. They turned loan app down. Idiots. Now I'm considering missing a mortgage payment or two out of spite
                                                      You don't officially go into arrears in most banks until you miss 3 payments. Check beforehand though if you plan to do this.

Comment

Martin King cut off mid sentence while doing the weather.
                                                        Ha.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Gotta love the degen packed BBV, much guffaw over the last longest bet involving the pope but not one single question about a 'Paisley' biting the bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                              yeah definitely wouldn't fit in with my twitter persona, was thinking more who to email it to
                                                              Adams Obv...
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

For South America/Latin America Cuba has been fairly fucked over in the last 100 yrs...

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                  Does you redundancy payment go straight into your bank account or is it a cheque?
                                                                  Tbh you need a temporary overdraft rather than a loan, that way you have no repayments to pay for the 3 months, it's the ethical facility.
                                                                  If your payment is paid in by BACS or whatever & you can prove it, it's pretty lousy by the bank not to give you some sort of temporary facility.
                                                                  What bank are you with? It might be an idea to take your proof to another bank to see if they're more reasonable.

If possible, imo it would be better not to miss any mortgage payments, as it'll affect you more than the bank. Should you go to them in the next few years to look for extra borrowing for home improvements etc it'll almost be a guaranteed no.
                                                                  . .

Comment

How does a conversation ever end up at who'll die first between Ian Paisely and the Pope lol.

Death LL bets are awesome, been waiting on Bill o Herlihy to pop his clogs for about 3 years now, hang in there Giles and Dunphy heh.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Jedward pin new Eurovision hopes on Westlife's songwriter

Swede Nick Jarl has written tracks for the last four albums by the million- selling Irish boyband and now he has contributed a new song 'Waterline' for the twins.

However, it will be his first time in Eurovision if the Lucan twins make it to the competition this year.

To do so they must beat songs from five rivals on a 'Late Late Show' Eurosong special scheduled for February 24.

But Jedward's mentor Linda Martin said she had great hopes for 'Waterline', which gets its first play on Derek Mooney's RTE Radio 1 show on Thursday.

"Waterline is a fantastic European pop song. Nick uses the word waterline as a metaphor for falling in love, and this will be his first time in Eurovision, if we make it," said Ms Martin.

"Nothing is a given. Jedward and I know that we are up against five good songs from five great singers. It's a five-horse race," she told the Irish Independent.

There was controversy last year when Jedward's entry 'Lipstick' was leaked on to the internet.

However, this year RTE has announced that none of the five songs will be announced until their first airplay on RTE Radio this week.

The other mentors and acts include TV producer Bill Hughes, who mentors former Irish entrant Donna McCaul.

Also in the mix are musician and producer Greg French with singer Andrew Mann; former B*witched member Edele Barrett with Maria McCool; and agent Julian Benson with singing duo Una Gibney and David Shannon.

As in 2011 the winner will be selected by a public tele-vote and a series of regional juries.

The act chosen as Ireland's Eurovision entry for 2012 will once again have to compete in a semi-final on either May 22 or May 24, in the hope of making the grand final on May 26 in Azerbaijan.
                                                                      Without having heard the song, there is a good chance it will be pretty catchy.
                                                                      I think they have a good chance if they are put through.

Pity no one offers decent Eurovision odds at this stage of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                        How does a conversation ever end up at who'll die first between Ian Paisely and the Pope lol.

Death LL bets are awesome, been waiting on Bill o Herlihy to pop his clogs for about 3 years now, hang in there Giles and Dunphy heh.
                                                                        DeathList is a carefully selected list of 50 celebrities chosen by the DL Committee each calendar year for their likelihood to die during that year.

Comment

Has to have been drink involved, still I can imagine the seriousness of the conversation at the time. Both of them backing up their choice with ridiculous statements of how healthy their man is.

If it is true, Marty is running bad, would have taken his side of that bet easily.
                                                                          . .

Comment

Pretty poor taste, but chopping up the 50 people on the deathlist would provide a serious year long sweat.

In the past 11 years they've gotten between 7-14 correct each year.

Comment

love this!

Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                love this!

Write the name of the song on the white label?

Comment

lol

Margaret Thatcher 87 Milk Snatcher

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    lol
                                                                                    That one jumped off the page at me too.

So who fancies a bet.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                      Write the name of the song on the white label?
                                                                                      ugh you must be a young fella lol

that is not the answer lol
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

ugh you must be a young fella lol

that is not the answer lol
                                                                                        I hate when I make a joke and it fails. Happens surprisingly a lot.

Also

Comment

Also

saw that before , her face is so funny

His nose not so funny
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

It's ok, it's only Michelle. She rarely gets jokes. Most people will get it though, so you're grand.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger
                                                                                              That one jumped off the page at me too.

So who fancies a bet
                                                                                              Bet on who'll die.
                                                                                              I'll have a punt. We going with a last longest, we each pick a horsey and the first to snuff it wins.

I'll go with $20 on Robert Waterhouse
                                                                                              Last edited by Mellor; 08-02-12, 01:43. Reason: changed loses for wins. #Winning

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                It's ok, it's only Michelle. She rarely gets jokes. Most people will get it though, so you're grand.
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                  Bet on who'll die.
                                                                                                  I'll have a punt. We going with a last longest, we each pick a horsey and the first to snuff it wins.

Think it would be a better sweat to split the entire listing and wait it out.

Edit: Or pick random cunts on death row. Anyone offering odds on a stay of execution?

Seems there are some stays.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 08-02-12, 01:48.

Comment

Also

SatNav as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                      SatNav as a child?
                                                                                                      you could be right!

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

I have been reading about Swaziland and their HIV rate which threatens the long term survival of the country. It's amazing how quickly you can go from being sympathetic to the huge numbers with it and the devastation it is causing to just being indignant with the stupidity of the population and culture.

From:
                                                                                                        In Swaziland, a small landlocked country in Southern Africa, one in four adults are living with HIV. Since the first cases of AIDS were reported in the country in 1986, the virus has spread at an alarming rate and now Swaziland has the highest HIV prevalence in the world.1 Women have been particularly affected by the epidemic; among those aged 15-49 HIV prevalence is 31 percent among women, compared to 20 percent among men.2

AIDS has devastated the country. Orphans and vulnerable children account for an estimated 15 percent of the total population3 and in 2009 around 7,000 adults and children died from AIDS.4 The impact of Swaziland's epidemic has been so severe that life expectancy is just 49 years - one of the lowest in the world.5

The long-term survival of Swaziland as a country will be seriously threatened if the spread of HIV is not halted.6
                                                                                                        To:
                                                                                                        Stigma associated with HIV and AIDS in Swaziland prevents many Swazis from being tested for HIV or declaring their HIV status if they are positive. The government estimates that only 16 percent of people aged 15-49 years old have been tested for the virus and know their results.24 Swazi traditional opinion links AIDS with sexual promiscuity, and often causes HIV positive people to be rejected by their families.25 It is believed that many people in the country do not want to know their HIV status, and those who do know will often keep it a secret, some even from their sexual partners.

In spite of their good supply in Swaziland, the use of condoms remains controversial and unpopular. In the 2006/7 Swaziland Demographic and Health Survey around half of sexually active respondents aged 15-49 admitted to engaging in non-regular sex without using condoms.

"Men in Swaziland do not use condoms. They are distributed all over, but they are not used."Hannie Dlamini, AIDS activist and health motivator.

Although the government has encouraged condom use, some influential community leaders have undermined the government's message. Hannie Dlamini once stated that "condoms don't stop AIDS" and only "faithfulness and abstinence stop AIDS". Religious and traditional leaders have also described condoms as “unSwazi”.
                                                                                                        This was brought about considering Raoul's historical nations of fcukedness thing.

Comment

Edit: Or pick random cunts on death row. Anyone offering odds on a stay of execution?

Seems there are some stays.
                                                                                                          Look at the third on the list, no stay yet, due for the chop nest wednesday.

Now look at my pick in the last post
                                                                                                          Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                          So far there have been 8 stays, and 2 executions in 2012.
                                                                                                          4/1 is a fair price. I'll take 7/2 as i'm in a good mood

Comment

you could be right!

Quoted for photoshop thread

Comment

D4 Events talks to Danny Maxwell about his work in Poker... and rumors about his endowment....

Posted by https://twitter.com/#!/D4_Events
                                                                                                              Last edited by 6starpool; 08-02-12, 02:05.

Comment

fuck me that twitter page hurts the eyes

Comment

just too drunk to care tonight. Indian carry out was just not enough to line stomach. Heartburn, hurling and headache to look forward to tmw with hangover. Shudda stayed in and played hold em. Had it now and heading to bed. Its been a horror and hell to pay later. God damn full moon , always have a 'h' fest when it happens. Hic

Comment

Watching Drive thru VLC with iTunes running in background. Go to plug my phone into comp and the thing instantly crashes. New one for me

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very cool interview Danny, well played.

So now we've got to the point where Ian Paisly is dead and a fk load of people in Swaziland are dying of aids and the forum as a whole is ambivalent.

Comment

Lottie has 27 years on me.

I bet he dies first.

$5?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X