This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
    What about the green stuff? Most of my mates just smoke pure now, I think it's worse then mixing...
    I'm gonna try avoid it altogether.
    I don't smoke it much anymore anyway, only really at sporadic get togethers. The last time I gave up smoking I smoked weed from a pipe or a home made bong which was cool I suppose, so if I'm going to a party or a bbq where I know there'll be weed, I'll prob bring a pipe.

Have to really stay away from nicotine.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

They're trying to steal our bit

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        The retards AH attracts will make it fun to read.

Comment

lol

Comment

WW game on AH will be the best thing ever imo. Absolute unmitigated slaughter.

Would suggest they play it with real werewolves, though I think that was someone elses line from here a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              At a poker table. Its all in the game yo
              This is not Nam, there are rules
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Would suggest they play it with real werewolves, though I think that was someone elses line from here a few years ago.
                That was my line about getting Boggles and SOTS over here for a game from the Soccer Forum iirc...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  This is not Nam, there are rules
                  Over the line!
                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Curb was good

Comment

At a poker table. Its all in the game yo
                      Ohhhhhh...

That may well have been true back in the "back in the day"

But back in the "back in the day", it would have been socially acceptable for him to shoot you when you were caught

meh you are just wumming

Why cant you be good at wumming like me?

toodles!
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-07-11, 13:24.

Comment

There's no Tiger Woods press conference today, was just a false rumour.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Whos the funny man impersonator

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                            There's no Tiger Woods press conference today, was just a false rumour.
                            Have you changed your cacks yet?

Comment

'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Seen The Guard last night.

Absolutely brilliant. Brendan Gleeson was awesome as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                  Your lack of common sense towards this angle shoot your tried to pull off is a little shocking to me Tony.

I honestly thought that you weren't the kind of guy who would try and pull something like this off as to me you seem like a decent bloke but your nonchalant attitude towards this is horrible.

You seem to what to learn and progress and enjoy your game and always seem to be digging for info and talking through/about hands etc so to see this other side of your game is disappointing.

Its defo not all in the game yo!
                                  +1

What BK did was tantamount to theft. Fucking disgusting behaviour. Always liked you too man. When Trippie (a good friend of mine inside and outside poker, a better friend outside tbh as he's a misery inside poker) did this a few years back I told him straight out that he was scummy for trying it and that there was no excuse, not even alcohol.

As for the respect angle you're trying now; if I don't respect you does that mean I am allowed to take your money? Of course not, don't be so ridiculous.

Your act was low but redeemable. Your complete lack of remorse is fucking abysmal.
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                    +1

What BK did was tantamount to theft. Fucking disgusting behaviour. Always liked you too man. When Trippie (a good friend of mine inside and outside poker, a better friend outside tbh as he's a misery inside poker) did this a few years back I told him straight out that he was scummy for trying it and that there was no excuse, not even alcohol.

As for the respect angle you're trying now; if I don't respect you does that mean I am allowed to take your money? Of course not, don't be so ridiculous.

Your act was low but redeemable. Your complete lack of remorse is fucking abysmal.
                                    What would you say if he was wearing a suit when he done it?
                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Just had a rounders-esque meeting with the vending machine in work. It all started so badly, but in the end I won all round. I needed some nuts, and since I was a little on the dark side of 9 this morning, I decided against stepping out of the office to acquire them (I have lunch with me). The vending machine is one of those new ones with the excellent name “Securi-vend”, which promises to prevent frustration and angst when the machine doesn’t do enough to push out your food. It states that “Securi-vend machines will continue to rotate the coil until the item drops”. I struggled with the options between Salt and Vinegar Cashews (wtf?), Honey Roasted Peanuts, and in the end went for the classic Dry Roasted Nut.

Here’s where the difficulty started in earnest. I had borrowed a pound from a colleague, and the nuts are 35p. However, the machine had the red “no change” light bright. Curses, says me, as I reluctantly prepare to pay 3 times the price for the nutty goodness. I chose F7 and the coil rotates, but it appears that the packet is stuck to the shelf! The coil rotates and rotates, but can’t get any purchase against the bag which is now teetering ominously over the edge. The machine stops spinning, and I prepare to smite it, my face crimson with anger. I draw back an opened palm, ready to hit the machine to knock the snack loose, when suddenly the coil spins into life again, this time it manages to push the second bag over the first, and it drops out and I let a sigh of relief go. However, my sigh became delight as the first bag, dislodged by the movement of the second, drops to the floor of the machine.

Well, says I, I was prepared to pay £1 for 35p of nuts, and I’ve gotten 70p worth, that’s a success any day of the week!

But as I stand up, I hear the familiar cling of coins dropping, and check the change drawer in the vending machine, 60p returned! Obviously the machine wasn’t loaded with change, but did the best it could.

I stood up, with 60p of change, and 70p of nuts, and I felt that things were beginning to change for me.

tl;dr - 30p

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                        What about the green stuff? Most of my mates just smoke pure now, I think it's worse then mixing...
                                        bong or vaporizer is the only way to do that, with preference on the latter
                                        full boomstick is asking for trouble and actually a bit of a waste
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

What was the other small comedy film he was in where he used a head in a jar to pick winners.

Comment

+1

I remember that years ago,was that Trippie and you? Thought it was Trippie and Gholi for some reason.
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              30p

A tremendous battle, they should have senbt a poet to describe it.

It would be all the better if you weren't living a life of indentured servitude where a 30p victory over a vending machine wasn't so great.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Some poor bastard is probably getting no nuts next time.

Comment

Needed something to recover from thatul Music King Round

this is such a great song

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

Saw it on Saturday, thought it was good but not great - Gleeson put in a fine performance alright and there were some cracking one-liners (the one about being undercover in Limerick was sweet!) but it dragged in places and some of the humour really fell flat I thought.

Went to Oxegen yesterday, some great sets were seen - Slash was awesome in the rain, brought out Fergie for two songs, they nailed Barracuda by Heart, it was cool. I was really looking forward to the National but putting them on the 2nd stage while Beyonce ruled the main stage was tough on them - I watched the first four Beyonce songs with the GF and then left her for a while to go see the National; they only had a few thousand in front of them compared to 60K+ in front of Beyonce. And then despite being a fan of theirs, I left after a few songs to back to Beyonce, as she was killing it and had the crowd in the palm of her hand. After she finished up we trudged back to the National for the rest of their set, which was good to be fair.

Coldplay were pretty underwhelming to begin with, played too many slow songs and the crowd found it hard to be enthusiastic. But picked it up somewhat towards the end after playing 'Viva La Vida'. Actually caught some of the Rubberbandits on the main stage at the start of the day, they were great! Got the crowd going. As did Kesha, all the girls around were loving her show. Bipolar Empire were really cool too I thought, and Ocean Colour Scene have aged ok.

Less drunk 18-year-olds than on Saturday night last year, thank god - it is so easy to hate the bulk of humanity when you come into close contact with too many of them; it is easier to live and let live when you're somewhat isolated from the bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      Some poor bastard is probably getting no nuts next time.
                                                      Not if Securi-Vend are to be believed

Comment

2 Very funny. Maybe true stories.

At the end of episode 73 of Joe's podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, Bert tells a story about hanging out with Tracy Morgan.Follow Bert, Joe, and Redban on T...

Go to www.Bertbertbert.com! Animator's Twitter @Corri_Loschuk Audio from The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast #95 (JoeRogan.net). Thanks to Joe Rogan, Redban, JR...

Comment

+1

I hate getting a telling off by you and Danny. Makes me feel bad

Comment

Went to the Guard yesterday. Very enjoyable there was a certain amount of inexperience shown in the writing and direction, a couple of things I wanted them to push a bit further and a few shots and angles that were missing but it was very well done. Gleeson completely owns it of course

Comment

so where do we stand on the whole bubbleking issue?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Bubbleking thinks he is good at COD, but to be honest he is only average at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  What was the other small comedy film he was in where he used a head in a jar to pick winners.

Not a clue. I'm not the biggest film buff so I'm sure someone else here will know.

Comment

@ Strewl, do you know if the 2nd season of Forbrydelsen was shown on BBC cos cant seem to find properly subtitled version?

@ Megatron, is there a Waterford Masters sat tomorrow night on Boyles at 9? Can't see it in lobby. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      Saw it on Saturday, thought it was good but not great - Gleeson put in a fine performance alright and there were some cracking one-liners (the one about being undercover in Limerick was sweet!) but it dragged in places and some of the humour really fell flat I thought.

Went to Oxegen yesterday, some great sets were seen - Slash was awesome in the rain, brought out Fergie for two songs, they nailed Barracuda by Heart, it was cool. I was really looking forward to the National but putting them on the 2nd stage while Beyonce ruled the main stage was tough on them - I watched the first four Beyonce songs with the GF and then left her for a while to go see the National; they only had a few thousand in front of them compared to 60K+ in front of Beyonce. And then despite being a fan of theirs, I left after a few songs to back to Beyonce, as she was killing it and had the crowd in the palm of her hand. After she finished up we trudged back to the National for the rest of their set, which was good to be fair.

Coldplay were pretty underwhelming to begin with, played too many slow songs and the crowd found it hard to be enthusiastic. But picked it up somewhat towards the end after playing 'Viva La Vida'. Actually caught some
                                                                      of the Rubberbandits on the main stage at the start of the day, they were great! Got the crowd going. As did Kesha, all the girls around were loving her show. Bipolar Empire were really cool too I thought, and Ocean Colour Scene have aged ok.

Less drunk 18-year-olds than on Saturday night last year, thank god - it is so
                                                                      easy to hate the bulk of humanity when you come into close contact with too many of them; it is easier to live and let live when you're somewhat isolated from the bastards!
                                                                      Agree with your review of The Guard. It's no In Bruges but enjoyable.

Was in school with the lead singer of Bipolar Empire. Guy is a ridic talented musician but I'm not the biggest fan of the band.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                        Gonna open a boyles account for the Open.

Could one of the lads who works there clear up €40 bonus?

I open an account, deposit €20, place a €20 bet and there will be €40 in my account the next day is it?
                                                                        Thanks for any replies.
                                                                        Send Gimmeabreak a PM he will be able to explain better than me.

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                        @ Strewl, do you know if the 2nd season of Forbrydelsen was shown on BBC cos cant seem to find properly subtitled version?

@ Megatron, is there a Waterford Masters sat tomorrow night on Boyles at 9? Can't see it in lobby. Cheers
                                                                        There is, just go to Boylepoker exclusives > Nightly Tournaments and you should see it there.

Comment

Needed something to recover from thatul Music King Round

this is such a great song
                                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01568663bss&
                                                                          Swap read for listen to and Oprah for Jools Holland and this is pretty much you:

Brian: East of Eden? So, you pretty much read whatever Oprah tells you to, huh?
                                                                          Stewie: Hey, this book has been around for fifty years. It's a classic.
                                                                          Brian: But you just bought it last week. And there's an Oprah sticker on it!
                                                                          Stewie: Oh, is that what that is? I'll just peel that right off.
                                                                          Brian: So, what are you gonna read next?
                                                                          Stewie: Well, she hasn't told us yet... Damn!

Comment

bubbleking is

I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.

Now he's some srot of penitent man. find a pick of some kid in a confession booth or something, I dunno.
                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                              he's up to something, I reckon my prop bet idea could be good here

either that or his Meath heritage has finally caught up with him
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                Thats the thing with drink....it sways us with courage to do the things we most probably never would sober.....even if sometimes we do think of doing it!

Also, as we fcuk up, it can also show us areas of ourselves where we can make ourselves better....not better at things...just better in general.

Live and Learn i say

Comment

any accountants on here, I need some advice about whether you can be employed by a company that is in liquidation?

(wierd idea I know but there ya go)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post

in the Autumn

Pretty sure you would need to be employed by the liquidator Raoul, thats the way it was in the 80's anyway

Comment

Swap read for listen to and Oprah for Jools Holland and this is pretty much you:
                                                                                      the young fella is getting cheeky

send him for some striped paint sp

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                        When you mention party in our house the first question in "will there be a bouncy castle?"
                                                                                        Haven't bouncy castles become late term abortions now? I saw a van last week with a sticker on the back with a phone number for bouncy castle hire and I looked at the driver like he was a child killer.

I view myself pretty highly.
                                                                                        I thought you were ginger

Comment

Pretty sure you would need to be employed by the liquidator Raoul, thats the way it was in the 80's anyway
                                                                                          that would work I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                            doubt a local hall will allow a bouncy castle into it because of the insurance. if you have one in your garden it's on your own home insurance.
                                                                                            Our local hall own there own bouncy castle so it's thrown in free anytime you hire the hall. Great craic at my sisters 18th birthday party.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

GTFO
                                                                                              I was going to the Ambassador every weekend to watch Stop Making Sense when Jools was still wishing he was back in Squeeze.

Shit! I've just realised how long I've been listening to David Byrne for

Comment

GTFO
                                                                                                I was going to the Ambassador every weekend to watch Stop Making Sense when Jools was still wishing he was back in Squeeze.

Shit! I've just realised how long I've been listening to David Byrne for
                                                                                                I knew that would make you bite

EDIT: Only part of the first paragraph I understand is "GTFO".

Comment

Might be worth looking at for people thinking of getting a kindle

The world's first e-book reader device to be powered by Google's eBooks platform goes on sale in the US later this week. Called the iRiver Story HD, the device allows users to buy and read books over Wi-Fi.

Comment

I wouldn't agree with that.
                                                                                                    Later with Jools is pretty much the only voice in the tv wilderness promoting the kind of much I like. (other voices gets a notable mention)
                                                                                                    Kinda like the old grey whistle test vs TOTP, Jools goes up against all the pop lite shite today peddled by e4, utv and the odd bit of music that the 'music' stations play.

Also, glass concrete and stone is a classic track.
                                                                                                    You shouldnt need Jools Holland to recommend David Byrne
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                      I remember that years ago,was that Trippie and you? Thought it was Trippie and Gholi for some reason.
                                                                                                      No it was Gholi not me. Still called Trippie out on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        thus endeth the first commandment
                                                                                                        And so say all of us.

I'd love to hear the Ten Commandments according to Raoul.

Comment

And so say all of us.

I'd love to hear the Ten Commandments according to Raoul.
                                                                                                          I change my beliefs according to the situation

Comment

No it was Gholi not me. Still called Trippie out on it though.
                                                                                                            it was for many multiples of BK's alleged episode

Comment

any accountants on here, I need some advice about whether you can be employed by a company that is in liquidation?

(wierd idea I know but there ya go)
                                                                                                              Yes, you can be although the Liquidator will be the man in charge. Insist on payment on account or up front obviously. Liquidating companies can still trade if it is for the benefit of the creditors.

Comment

it was for many multiples of BK's alleged episode
                                                                                                                In before "the amout of money doesnt ctually matter"

Comment

Question: The network here in work has banned fb and gambling sites etc, so I usually tether through the iphone 3G. Just now, I've hooked the iphone up to the work network and am tethering through it and the filtering seems to be gone. How do I check whether I'm on the 3G or the work network for sure? TY

Comment

Turn off 3G and see if it works still.

Comment

Crazy woman driver

MUST WATCH -Warning viewer discrection advised. In January 2011 a hit and run driver was caught on vehicle dashcam hiting a 75 year old man knocking him to t...
                                                                                                                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                                      http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Or 'view available networks'?
                                                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I change my beliefs according to the situation
                                                                                                                          You'd make a fine lawyer...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X