This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Straight up slippin!

Comment

lol so weird talking about debts re poker. I was never on the scene that long and even when I was I never played that high but last week I was trying to remember how the books balanced. I think overall Im owed just over 2.5k which is small in comparrison to most people but considering my level of busto student poverty it would be absolutely huge to have that now (obv written off as bad debt).

Iv been tapped up at the cash desk a few times after a couple of semi decent scores and tapped up after doing well in cash games - both are equally annoying and I think in hindsight a non "lending" policy is best.

I dont agree with lending to friends either though they are the nut worst at paying back debt especially over bets and stuff and at the end of the day it would just put a strain on your friendship. Just listening to all these stories it makes me think that a debt collection agency specific to the poker community would have plenty of business

Comment

Prob to late on this MSN. I have a set of spoons that have the cups sizes on them. Fantastic things they are for baking. 1 cup = 235ml

Before I had them, when I was measuring a cup, I would use an old fashioned tea cup as they were the type my mum and grandparents used to measure a cup. It actually makes calculating for baking very simple and no need for scales. I should pick up a set for you of the spoons!

Here is something like what I have, mine are on a ring you can clip then on and off

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
          Whither it's right or wrong isn't really the point it's ridiculously common for regular players to owe each other serious amounts of money during just the normal process of being involved in the scene, be it staking, money from swaps, general gambling winnings and losses, and loans chopped action etc.
          I've given up a while ago, I was getting way more tilted then I have ever been from being owed money.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            Nobody?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Straight up slippin!
            Love that movie.

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
              On the whole money lending/outing thing when I first started playing poker it was the first thing I noticed and was so alien to me at the time. I wrote a blog on it http://spencerjamespkr.blogspot.com/...les-money.html

nearly 5 years later, always cringe looking back on old blogs but think I can stand behind this to some degree.
              No wonder you are owed money with those maths skilz, june 08-now= 5 years...
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post

Why do you think everyone hangs around the jackpot after they get knocked out of the cash league final? It's because they want to be first in line to either a) reclaim their dough should a debtor go deep or b) borrow some dough ahold a Mark go deep.

All in the game yo.
                Ugh, how depressing.

Between that image, that insect Starrbar and that fitzy idiot I'm so glad I'm done with the poker scene.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Should be renamed 'Nippers' LDO
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Ugh, how depressing.

Between that image, that insect Starrbar and that fitzy idiot I'm so glad I'm done with the poker scene.
                      I think we should pick a low buy in tournament some time relatively soon and we all go and play/drink.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                        I think we should pick a low buy in tournament some time relatively soon and we all go and play/drink.
                        or just go drinking imo

Comment

I agree with that apart from the poker aspect of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                            or just go drinking imo
                            yes, that is a good idea too, but preferably not one where

a) I forget how to walk

and b) doesn't end up in coppers/diceys.

Comment

Seconded.

Beer is defo required.Happily skip the poker either.

Comment

Tori Amos starts in goal for Utd tonight. De Gea apparently ill hmmmm!
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Would love a session in one of Dublin's micro brewerys or at least someplace with a selection of foreign beers.

Comment

Im barred from Diceys so either wait long enough so that they forget my face or pick another fine establishment - may I suggest the Woolshed?

Comment

yes, that is a good idea too, but preferably not one where

a) I forget how to walk

and b) doesn't end up in coppers/diceys.

'From each according to his ability, to each according to his need'.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                        Would love a session in one of Dublin's micro brewerys or at least someplace with a selection of foreign beers.
                                        I'd recommend l mulligan grocer if it wasn't so packed all the time.

Comment

I'll go if some one loans me the dough. I swear i'm good for it

joke..cough cough
                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Im barred from Diceys so either wait long enough so that they forget my face or pick another fine establishment - may I suggest the Woolshed?
                                            Do they not know you're a big deal on the internet?
                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Woolshed for IPB Superbowl?

Comment

Woolshed for The Superbowl is insane, and the game has only increased in popularity over last year if anything. Last year you could barely breath in the place, and anyone who's ever been in a crowded Woolshed will know they have a seriously lacking air conditioning solution when the place has any sort of above average numbers.
                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                  Do they not know you're a big deal on the internet?
                                                  Im pretty sure I let them know during my ejection

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                    No but you might well be. You're either too young or too stupid to pick up what I was getting at.

Like having to expalin a joke, takes all the good out of it
                                                    LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                      Woolshed for The Superbowl is insane, and the game has only increased in popularity over last year if anything. Last year you could barely breath in the place, and anyone who's ever been in a crowded Woolshed will know they have a seriously lacking air conditioning solution when the place has any sort of above average numbers.
                                                      Cant figure out if you are loving it or negative...Sounds like a great spot to me from your description

Comment

Iv been to the woolshed the last couple of years for the Superbowl and its been immense. Just get in early and grab a seat and have some food/cheap pitchers while you wait. Im going there again this year anyway so it would be cool to have a few IPB heads knocking around

Comment

Ugh, how depressing.

Ah jesus its not that bad.
                                                          Some decent people in poker scene cant judge everyone on couple of gimps.
                                                          I met some scumbags from Tallaght before wouldnt stop me going out there again.

The last jackpot cash league i was involved in me MickSte KK82 and James english guy been about ages chopped lions share.

Not one person came near us now was not huge money 2k each roughly.
                                                          And we had few drinks upstairs

famously one super degen lip- mick or something won jackpot league for 5500 and owed everyone in sight loots but went across playing blackjack and done the lot.

Comment

Can't get my head around the tapping up scene in poker. What's wrong with just saying no ffs?

There's on guy in particular I think of who owes pretty much every one of the regs in the area money in one degree or another. People were almost proud to say "na, he owes me waay more, €xxx". When I was asked I obv said "eh, nothing". Why the hell would I give some degen fish a lend of money? GTFO imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                              FXB's have a kick ass election and nice steaks
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Wow my bad read that last thread wrong!!

Comment

Cant figure out if you are loving it or negative...Sounds like a great spot to me from your description
                                                                  Depends on your preference

I've watched 3 Superbowls there, a few champions league finals and the world cup final so I guess I find it a positive, but many would hate it. The pro's are the atmosphere will be about as good as a pub could possibly be and the food/drink are quite reasonable, good location too, loads of screens and no danger of being kicked out before the end. The con's are you'll sweat like you've never sweat before, you'll struggle to move anywhere, getting served is pretty tough, getting a table to eat said food on is almost impossible, you'll need to be there early to be guarenteed entry and I really can't emphasise enough how warm it'll be, the smart people will be in shorts and a t-shirt regardless of the weather. Weigh it up I guess.
                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzy2010 View Post
                                                                    Wow my bad read that last thread wrong!!
                                                                    WTF? where did he mention you unless you answer to both gimp and Fitzy which I guess is possible

Comment

Ugh, how depressing.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention my name in order to avoid unnecessary conflict....ok

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                        German legalisation of Brothels results in interesting benefits problem; If offered work as a prostitute, and refuse, a woman's benefits can be stopped.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-benefits.html
                                                                        That's a disgrace

Clearly the only way of dealing with such shite is to open a brothel and call it "The Joy Division" or "The House of Dolls"

See how quickly they change that law

Comment

WTF? where did he mention you unless you answer to both gimp and Fitzy which I guess is possible
                                                                          I read that last post wrong, and admitted but boy were you quick to JUMP IN and put me down for it..... tut tut

Comment

I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention my name in order to avoid unnecessary conflict....ok

Comment

Lads what irish time is the superbowl kicking off?

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                Lads what irish time is the superbowl kicking off?
                                                                                says 6.30 eastern on nfl.com so 11.30 our time

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  Several Dublin degens used to regularly do the rounds looking for a loan. A couple still owe me money but using the same principle as Nicky, I don't mind. 1 is in jail now though, 1 is dead and one is Frank Hunt. Think repayment is equally likely in all 3 cases.
                                                                                  the recession has bit deeply when "any chance of a oner" is now "any chance of a tenner"

one thing i will say for Frank is he will look after you - he fixed my car door and wouldnt accept the amount i offered him as payment, would only take half and i was fairly insistent he take the full amount. Plus hes a nice funny old soul.

there is no upside to lending usually - i dont like doing it and will do it rarely and never to
                                                                                  a degen

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                    the recession has bit deeply when "any chance of a oner" is now "any chance of a tenner"

one thing i will say for Frank is he will look after you - he fixed my car door and wouldnt accept the amount i offered him as payment, would only take half and i was fairly insistent he take the full amount. Plus hes a nice funny old soul.

there is no upside to lending usually - i dont like doing it and will do it rarely and never to
                                                                                    a degen
                                                                                    Says the man that was a regular lender to De Niro.

Comment

Because your face is so easy to forget

Comment

Is there any place that is doing a superbowl night that won't be rammed with people?

Comment

Wtf..

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. National Post offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Comment

Ah ffs, spoiler that shit MrsF.

Comment

Fucking Hell.

Bubbleking is the bop off Wayne Rooney.

Comment

No disrespecting my regular taxi driver please.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                                    Fucking Hell.

Bubbleking is the bop off Wayne Rooney.
                                                                                                    Obv lookalike is obv

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

a degen
                                                                                                      Frank hunt is my boyles user name ship me a nifty please.

Comment

I'd recommend l mulligan grocer if it wasn't so packed all the time.
                                                                                                        I don't know what you mean.

Comment

Please excuse my blunt honesty, and I mean to cause minimal offence, but I think you are an idiot. For me you represent all the morons you meet at Irish poker tables, you are the perfect stereotype.

Vastly over inflated sense of your poker playing abilities and an incredible ignorance of good etiquette.

Add to that your horrible reactionary posting style and I reckon I can safely say you are an idiot.

No offence.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Group of my mates going Woolshed for the Superbowl Sunday. Although it doesn't start until 11.30, they plan on going in for 2 o clock.
                                                                                                              Should be some day of sport and drinking.
                                                                                                              15:00 - Ireland vs Wales
                                                                                                              16:00 - Chelsea Vs United
                                                                                                              23:30 - Superbowl

Comment

Please excuse my blunt honesty, and I mean to cause minimal offence, but I think you are an idiot. For me you represent all the morons you meet at Irish poker tables, you are the perfect stereotype.

Vastly over inflated sense of your poker playing abilities and an incredible ignorance of good etiquette.

Add to that your horrible reactionary posting style and I reckon I can safely say you are an idiot.

No offence.

seriously, what the fuck is the point of this post?

Comment

Sporting game this Sunday has <0% chance of getting 3 tables I assume given the sporting line up? Pity...
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                    Is there any place that is doing a superbowl night that won't be rammed with people?
                                                                                                                    Mcgowans have a 28 foot tv showing it.Will be busy but enough room and the bonus of alot of easy teachers/nurses etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                      seriously, what the fuck is the point of this post?
                                                                                                                      Think he was calling him an idiot Ted

Comment

just twice in fairness

the second time will be the last! (did get paid though)
                                                                                                                        Last edited by dinekes; 31-01-12, 20:10.

Comment

LOF working for everyone ? getting sever errors.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X