Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obv a joke from A_CE, Gump was an enjoyable romp nothing more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      What???

Refer to my post above.

Was a joke, but I felt the biggest fuck up they ever made was 1994. I would have been four at the time. I obviously didn't realise it until I was much older and have seen the films what a joke it was. As the years went on The Academy have gotten so much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        What???

He looks like a clown, doubt it will go through I only realised last night when I was reading something that some Irish judge has recently knocked that Eircom 3 strikes rule on the head as it is a breach of peoples privacy which I think is a good thing.
        yeah i heard the realised this and quietly just said nothing, it was a bit ridiculous anyway
        airport, lol

Comment

Just installed the ram I ordered last week in my Macbook, 8gb & an SSD the thing is absolutely flying
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I know yiz are all just trying to goad me into letting off my Forrest Gump is Evil and the Gulf War could not have happened without it rant...well yiz can all just fuck off and if you are dumb enough to enjoy that fucking imbicilic treacle then that's your hard luck!
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              lol no, Forrest Gump is a twee cheese board at best.

Where as Shawshank isn't? Shawshank is just as cheesey. For a best picture award I felt gump is more deserving, excellent acting, very good story which was really well told and the various settings and locations made it alot more impressive then then 2 hours in a prison. 3 Great films but for best picture I think Gump isn't a terrible selection, unless I'm wrong on what Best picture is supposed to entail.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                Where as Shawshank isn't? Shawshank is just as cheesey. For a best picture award I felt gump is more deserving, excellent acting, very good story which was really well told and the various settings and locations made it alot more impressive then then 2 hours in a prison. 3 Great films but for best picture I think Gump isn't a terrible selection, unless I'm wrong on what Best picture is supposed to entail.
                Pulp Fiction >>>>>> Shawshank and Gump.

Pulp Fiction has all what you listed plus ten times more.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post

Yes I'll give you Pulp alright, should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    I know yiz are all just trying to goad me into letting off my Forrest Gump is Evil and the Gulf War could not have happened without it rant...well yiz can all just fuck off and if you are dumb enough to enjoy that fucking imbicilic treacle then that's your hard luck!

Comment

Refer to my post above.

Was a joke, but I felt the biggest fuck up they ever made was 1994. I would have been four at the time. I obviously didn't realise it until I was much older and have seen the films what a joke it was. As the years went on The Academy have gotten so much worse.
                      Oh right, was a pretty tight year I think The Shawashank Redemption is fantastic but I haven't seen Pulp Fiction is a long time so that's a little fuzzy for me but I also really enjoyed Forest Gump a lot.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      yeah i heard the realised this and quietly just said nothing, it was a bit ridiculous anyway
                      Yeah was a little mad, when they tried the same to UPC they said go fuck yourself fair dues to them, reading on the same site last night that only in the last few days EMI are trying to sue the state for not enforcing this law.

Comment

Pulp Fiction >>>>>> Shawshank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gump.
                        fyp imo

Comment

Comment

Quiz Show also >>>>>> Shawshank and Gump
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

when we're on the subject of 1994 I think Leon is a masterpiece that often gets overlooked by the big 3

Comment

Bah! not much point in trying to explain it.
                                If you don't get what's wrong with that repulsive movie then it worked, Ignorance is indeed bliss and you are probably better off living in that little bubble

Comment

I put it in the Cousins the other night
                                  Those blessed few who despise FG will love Down Terrace. Fantastic little film.

Comment

Bah! not much point in trying to explain it.
                                    If you don't get what's wrong with that repulsive movie then it worked, Ignorance is indeed bliss and you are probably better off living in that little bubble
                                    Please don't stop now I could do with a good chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                      when we're on the subject of 1994 I think Leon is a masterpiece that often gets overlooked by the big 3
                                      One of my favourite films ever. so many brilliant scenes.

BRING ME EVERYONE!!!!!

Comment

watched this today,interesting but found it disturbing and sad

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Pulp fiction is probably the best movie of the last twenty years, never really understood the shawshank love or similarly the Forrest gump hatred, both decent entertaining but hardly remarkable movies.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbilko77 View Post
                                            There would be red on the walls too if i came home to this.My frickin head would of exploded

Im going to hell...

SPOILER
                                            Anyone else think Bukake ?
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                Quite the hesitancy on PPs behalf in paying this out; but ship the new-found healthy account balance after a few emails! Now to speculate on GAB's Saturday race picks.
                                                You going Sat?

Comment

new sig is dedicated to Llyods summary of Munster rugby

Comment

Comment

Yep! You there as well?
                                                      Yep

Comment

Comment

should be fun playing spot the IPBer
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            should be fun playing spot the IPBer
                                                            Bring stilts

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Bring stilts
                                                              I'll be in the bar
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

They haven't gone away you know. Part 798 in an eternal litany of Republican scumminesness

Derry has been awarded the UK City of Culture for next year and Comhaltas were all set to announce last weekend that the All Ireland would be held for the first time ever in the North to coincide with that.
                                                                Then last Wednesday some horrible creature called Dr Ann McLoskey appears on the radio whinging that it shouldn't be allowed and starts ranting about the 'UK' City of culture banner, yada yada, 800 years of cultural imperialism, yada yada, excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin , how dare they call it LondonDerry bullshit. I nearly puked listening to the invidious cunt.
                                                                Then on Thursday (complete coincidence obviously ) two bombs go off in Derry and Comhaltas announce on Sunday announce that for security reasons the Fleadh won't go to Derry.

FFS!

Comment

Anyone know when bookies are likely to have prices up for this weekends Walsh Cup/Waterford Crystal games? PP have prices up for the football, but no sign of hurling

Comment

brag.... Had a day of eating and drinking like a pig in the pub and running to paddy power. Its what all cool kids do this days. Made a few quid to. Beat....was meant to hear back about a job zesterday, hoped they ring today but no joy. Semi brag..-will have to go to aus, i'm only 24 but this is like the longest i've been not out working since i 16
                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I only seen Pulp Fiction for the first time a few weeks ago. I've never been more engrossed in a film than I was watching that and it instantly jumped to my favourite movie ever.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                        I only seen Pulp Fiction for the first time a few weeks ago. I've never been more engrossed in a film than I was watching that and it instantly jumped to my favourite movie ever.
                                                                        This could be worse than TD never seeing The Big Lebowski or me only watching Magnolia for the 1st time last year

Comment

Just had a bizarre phone call from Betfair. I reckon they've called me at least three times in the last few months to 'talk about how I am getting on with betfair', only once did they offer me a free bet of sorts. I probably should have just asked each time.

Just now some Betfair guy called and and spent nearly 10 minutes talking to me about football...

What what team do I support (YWNA)?
                                                                          How do I think their season is going? (not great).
                                                                          Tomorrow night's Carling Cup Semi Final - He informs me that Liverpool have lots of old heads who know how to close it out - Gerrard, Carragher (Will Carra even play? Hope not). He hopes Liverpool win () because City are just spending money to win, he supports Arsenal.
                                                                          Who I think will win the league (City), who he hopes will win the league (anyone but City, 'even Spurs').

Asked me if I ever bet on Liverpool (sometimes), then went through all the odds on the match...
                                                                          Perhaps I should have asked him if he fancied coming over to watch the match.

Anyhow, pretty dodgy policy from Betfair, you wouldn't want to be some degen who just needs a bit of encouragement.

TL;Dr, have stuck 5k on Liverpool ftw tomorrow night.
                                                                          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 24-01-12, 18:41.
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The Rigger View Post
                                                                            Just had a bizarre phone call from Betfair. I reckon they've called me at least three times in the last few months to 'talk about how I am getting on with betfair', only once did they offer me a free bet of sorts. I probably should have just asked each time.

Just now some Betfair guy called and and spent nearly 10 minutes talking to me about football...

What what team do I support (YWNA)?
                                                                            How do I think their season is going? (not great).
                                                                            Tomorrow night's Carling Cup Semi Final - He informs me that Liverpool have lots of old heads who know how to close it out - Gerrard, Carragher (Will Carra even play? Hope not). He hopes Liverpool win () because City are just spending money to win, he supports Arsenal.
                                                                            Who I think will win the league (City), who he hopes will win the league (anyone but City, 'even Spurs').

Asked me if I ever bet on Liverpool (sometimes), then went through all the odds on the match...
                                                                            Perhaps I should have asked him if he fancied coming over to watch the match.

Anyhow, pretty dodgy policy from Betfair, you wouldn't want to be some degen who just needs a bit of encouragement.

TL;Dr, have stuck 5k on Liverpool ftw tomorrow night.
                                                                            is there an absolute monster wedge on City and they are trying to generate liquidity??

Comment

Test status by 2020. Lets do it

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                is there an absolute monster wedge on City and they are trying to generate liquidity??
                                                                                I'm not sure, that's the only thing we didn't discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                  This could be worse than TD never seeing The Big Lebowski or me only watching Magnolia for the 1st time last year
                                                                                  What's Magnolia?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                    What's Magnolia?
                                                                                    Magnolia is a neutral to warm white (as the petals in the picture of the plant), noted as being the 'standard' color of household paint, other than white. However, the color called "Magnolia" in UK paint is closer to peach rather than the rose-lavender white of the web color. It is used in property selling as a neutral, inoffensive color thought to maximize the saleability of a property. As such, it is available in bulk quantities at discounted rates and is often associated with new-build

Comment

Originally posted by The Rigger View Post
                                                                                      Magnolia is a neutral to warm white (as the petals in the picture of the plant), noted as being the 'standard' color of household paint, other than white. However, the color called "Magnolia" in UK paint is closer to peach rather than the rose-lavender white of the web color. It is used in property selling as a neutral, inoffensive color thought to maximize the saleability of a property. As such, it is available in bulk quantities at discounted rates and is often associated with new-build
                                                                                      Ah ye sure I've seen that loads a times.

Comment

Can we eat candles safely?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          Make 33 more post's.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                            yes

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                  Is that really such a good idea?

Comment

Is that really such a good idea?
                                                                                                    Well its extremely unlikely to happen tbf. But Cricket Ireland have to be applauded for putting a strong plan in place to improve the game here. Good to see imo

Comment

Is there anywhere I would get highlights of Northampton Munster game?

Comment

I actually meant to ask one of the betting people here this question which came to mind again reading AJ's post. Now that soccer prices are almost always dictated by Betfair isn't the amount of loliverpool money which follows the team blindly distorting the price which would mean they are almost always a good lay ? Or is enough good money always in the market to correct this ?

Opr

Comment

A guy was driving down the M4 motorway in England with his blonde girlfriend and she piped up,

"I think those people in the car next to us are from Wales".

"Why do you think that ?" he said.

"Well, the kids are writing on the window and it says "stit ruoy su wohs".

Comment

Hans, a middle-aged German tourist on his first visit to Orlando, Florida, finds the red light district and enters a large brothel. The madam asks him to be seated and sends over a young lady to entertain him.
                                                                                                            They sit and talk, frolic a little, giggle a bit, drink a bit, and she sits on his lap. He whispers in her ear and she gasps and runs away! Seeing this, the madam sends over a more experienced lady to entertain the gentleman.

They sit and talk, frolic a little, giggle a bit, drink a bit, and she sits on his lap. He whispers in her ear, and she too screams, "No!" and walks quickly away.

The madam is surprised that this ordinary looking man has asked for something so outrageous that her two girls will have nothing to do with him. She decides that only her most experienced lady, Lola, will do. Lola has never said no, and it's not likely anything would surprise her. So the madam sends her over to Han's. The sit and talk, frolic a little, giggle a bit, drink a bit, and she sits on his lap. He whispers in her ear and she screams, "NO WAY, BUDDY!" and smacks him as hard as she can and leaves.

Madam is by now absolutely intrigued, having seen nothing like this in all her years of operating a brothel. She hasn't done the bedroom work herself for a long time, but she's sure she has said yes to everything a man could possibly ask for. She just has to find out what this man wants that has made her girls so angry. Besides she sees a chance to teach her employees a lesson.

So she goes over to Han's and says that she's the best in the house and is available. She sits and talks with him. They frolic, giggle, drink and then she sits in his lap.

Han's leans forwards and whispers in her ear, "Can I pay in Euros?"

Comment

This 'the exit list' on ITV seems a little convoluted compared to your average quiz show. Reminded me of this skit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH-cX...eature=related
                                                                                                              Last edited by The Situation; 24-01-12, 20:42.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Fuck Poker.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                  Is there anywhere I would get highlights of Northampton Munster game?
                                                                                                                  Its on the TG4 Player but not working right now

Comment

Originally posted by D3kka View Post
                                                                                                                    Its on the TG4 Player but not working right now

http://www.tg4.ie/en/tg4-player/tg4-player.html
                                                                                                                    Ta se ag obair anois, go raibh maith agat.... sigh 2nd half highlights keep dying, just wanted to see Zeebo try
                                                                                                                    Last edited by ghostface; 24-01-12, 21:05.

Comment

Good film starting on ITV2, Shawshank

Comment

Quite the hesitancy on PPs behalf in paying this out; but ship the new-found healthy account balance after a few emails! Now to speculate on GAB's Saturday race picks.
                                                                                                                        Fair dues to them as they probably could have said fck off. Really has to be a cut-off point somewhere like the 'weighed in' in horseracing or the podium in Formula One. If the winner of the 3.30 at Ascot last Saturday transpires to fail his drug test then they won't be paying out on the second in a months time.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X