X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    the Greeks will be voting confidence in their government today

methinks those greasy spicwops (new epithet given that I can't think of any derogatory term for Greeks) are going to blow everything up

Cliffs on what will happen if ECB refuse loan and it all goes tits up. Obviously the Greek protestors will get there wish and there will be no more cuts and everyone will live happily ever after() but outside of that, will they be kicked out of the EU and will they take everyone else down in the process?

Comment

ok so after I bust that bot last night I thought Id report it to support just for the lols. Bear in mind im 100% sure this is a bot and was free money once it was figured out (I presume the programmer will tweak it now so the fun starts again)

This was the response I got

Thank you for contacting us.

We wish to inform you that we have conducted a detailed investigation on the account *XXXXXXXXXX*. Although there are a few hands that might seem suspicious to you, we must assure you that we have not found any strong evidence against the player.

Our investigation also reveals that the player in question predominantly plays this way and yes, from another player's perspective would seem odd at times. However, in this case we do not detect anything suspicious that would affect the fairness of the game. Different players have there own gaming style and we must say this is one of XXXXXXXXXX.

In spite of this, we appreciate your time and effort taken to report such activities on our tables. Because we believe players like you would always be our ambassadors for secure and fair gaming. Please do not hesitate to report any other player in future for suspect play.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Rakesh

Game Fairness & Security Team
      pretty lol if you ask me - do I just keep raping this thing as long as its running?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
        ok so after I bust that bot last night I thought Id report it to support just for the lols. Bear in mind im 100% sure this is a bot and was free money once it was figured out (I presume the programmer will tweak it now so the fun starts again)

pretty lol if you ask me - do I just keep raping this thing as long as its running?
        absofuckinglutely

Comment

What actually was the weakness in the programming that you spotted? Seems pretty interesting. Was it cash or sngs?

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          absofuckinglutely
          +1

Comment

Slightly un-pc but i think i just wet myself!
            A Nordic traveler crashes his ship through the levy in the 9th ward of the New Orleans projects. And... IDK... hilarity ensues and stuff??

Comment

do I just keep raping this thing as long as its running?
              Too right you do. And you sleep with a clear conscience too.
              You've done your bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Talking about PCs mine was running horridly slow for the last few nights and I noticed that explorer.exe (my desktop) was gradually robbing CPU until it was up to 70% preventing anything else running.

Looked on the Internet for a few hours last night (most of which was spent rebooting as explorer.exe would freeze the machine after a few pages of reading).

Seems its a known problem with Vista but no-one was clear on the solution and different things worked for different people.
                Suggested solutions ranged from the plausible (remove broken shortcuts from the desktop, remove indexed searching on the C:\) to the unlikely (change task bar setting from on-top to hidden) to the timeconsuming (install process monitor to find out which registry key is getting used, then use some other process to see program that registry key relates to) to the malevolent (remove all anti-vurus and download notatrojan.exe from my webpage).

And the solution which finally worked for me was so bizarrely unlikely that I nearly didn't bother with it - I changed my desktop from Medium Icons to Large Icons, explorer.exe immediately went back to 0.01% and everything running fine since.

Strange stuff, might make sense to zod or someone.
                Have a laptop that is painfully slow and hang'y.
                Trying this now...

The icons look lolbad.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                lol vista
                Yea, may just install XP if it doesn't cop on.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Nadal down a break in the 1st set at Wimbledon edit: nvm...
                  Last edited by ghostface; 20-06-11, 12:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    What actually was the weakness in the programming that you spotted? Seems pretty interesting. Was it cash or sngs?
                    cash

betting patterns was the main one in particular

- 3 bet pots (whiffed completely it would bet pot, normal 3bet for value and check if it had some draw/weak showdown value)
                    - paired boards (would bet 3/4 pot on all streets regardless)
                    - where a flush draw completes on the turn. Regardless of action it would bomb turn and river
                    - Major flaw in that if I called oop and checked every street it would just keep firing. This is what broke it in the end I just kept calling down with 1 pair plus

Also

If it reached a certain amount of money it would go into sitout mode but it would have to come back in every 2 mins or get booted off the table. It would raise and I would 3bet and it would fold. Process just kept repeating. When it had been worn down to 100bbs the bot would just then play again like it was programmed

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                      Cliffs on what will happen if ECB refuse loan and it all goes tits up. Obviously the Greek protestors will get there wish and there will be no more cuts and everyone will live happily ever after() but outside of that, will they be kicked out of the EU and will they take everyone else down in the process?
                      Nobody knows for sure - it's totally unquantifiable

To me, if Greece goes whammo (well, it has already - we're just playing an absurd game of Let's Pretend These SpicWops Can Actually Pay Their Debts), there are two big questions:

Direct costs:
                      There would be a massive haircut on Greek sovereign debt (like 70% or more), this will have have huge implications across the Eurozone (and, to a lesser extent, global) financial system as all the holders of this debt have to take the hit. The ECB is the largest holder of Greek bonds.
                      You can argue that holders of Greek debt should have marked it to market but whatever.
                      There is also a secondary effect of all the CDS contracts being paid out on, this scares the shit out of the powers that be as no-one really knows where the ultimate risk lies with these.
                      Also, every bank in Greece would go bust. European banks own large parts of the Greek banking system, especially French banks. Eurozone governments would be faced with another recapitalisation of their banking systems. And probably the ECB itself.

Indirect costs:
                      This is the infamous 'contagion' effect that we hear so much about.
                      Basically if Greece fails, why should investors have any confidence in any other highly-indebted peripheral Eurozone countries? Ireland (on a debt trajectory to hell) and Portugal are already out of the markets but they are so small that the costs of their failure can just about be contained (a la the current bailout and then the ESM that is due to come into force from 2013). The real problems are Spain and Italy (and, to a lesser extent Belgium and France). If the markets lose confidence in them, they are Too Big To Save (to borrow Morgan Kelly's excellent phrase) and we is all fucked.

Then you're into:
                      • Disorderly breakup of the Eurozone?
                      • Potential for anarchy and even civil war in a few countries?
                      • Massive destruction of wealth?

It's all pretty scary but then again, you can do nothing at all about it, so turn off your TV and go get drunk. That's what I'll be doing.
                      Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 20-06-11, 12:59.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

GOT didnt dissapoint as usual....roll on season 2 !!
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                          Yea, may just install XP if it doesn't cop on.
                          I like Windows 7 a lot, massive improvement over Vista and I prefer it to XP as well.

Comment

Rory aged 9 on ulster telly, class vid

http://www.u.tv/News/Praise-pours-in...2-ebd8f7b187cd
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Nobody knows for sure - it's totally unquantifiable

To me, if Greece goes whammo (well, it has already - we're just playing an absurd game of Let's Pretend These SpicWops Can Actually Pay Their Debts), there are two big questions:

Direct costs:
                              There would be a massive haircut on Greek sovereign debt (like 70% or more), this will have have huge implications across the Eurozone (and, to a lesser extent, global) financial system as all the holders of this debt have to take the hit. The ECB is the largest holder of Greek bonds.
                              You can argue that holders of Greek debt should have marked it to market but whatever.
                              There is also a secondary effect of all the CDS contracts being paid out on, this scares the shit out of the powers that be as no-one really knows where the ultimate risk lies with these.
                              Also, every bank in Greece would go bust. European banks own large parts of the Greek banking system, especially French banks. Eurozone governments would be faced with another recapitalisation of their banking systems. And probably the ECB itself.

Indirect costs:
                              This is the infamous 'contagion' effect that we hear so much about.
                              Basically if Greece fails, why should investors have any confidence in any other highly-indebted peripheral Eurozone countries? Ireland (on a debt trajectory to hell) and Portugal are already out of the markets but they are so small that the costs of their failure can just about be contained (a la the current bailout and then the ESM that is due to come into force from 2013). The real problems are Spain and Italy (and, to a lesser extent Belgium and France). If the markets lose confidence in them, they are Too Big To Save (to borrow Morgan Kelly's excellent phrase) and we is all fucked.

Then you're into:
                              • Disorderly breakup of the Eurozone?
                              • Potential for anarchy and even civil war in a few countries?
                              • Massive destruction of wealth?

It's all pretty scary but then again, you can do nothing at all about it, so turn off your TV and go get drunk. That's what I'll be doing.
                              A picture says a thousand words (quite big so spoilered - very SFW)
                              SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                Have a laptop that is painfully slow and hang\'y.
                                Trying this now...

The icons look lolbad.

Yea, may just install XP if it doesn\'t cop on.
                                Sounds like you need the springs cleaned.
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

A picture says a thousand words (quite big so spoilered - very SFW)
                                  SPOILER
                                  ah yeah I've seen that posted before

it's meaningless in an Irish context as it includes all the IFSC activity

Comment

ah yeah I've seen that posted before

it's meaningless in an Irish context as it includes all the IFSC activity
                                    It's also 2 years old. I just meant to highlight the interdependence of the systems.

Greece collapsing -> Pressure on Ireland etc etc

You go through maybe one or two more collapses and all of a sudden Italy owing France that shit tonne of cash becomes a seriously difficult problem.

Comment

It's also 2 years old. I just meant to highlight the interdependence of the systems.

Greece collapsing -> Pressure on Ireland etc etc

You go through maybe one or two more collapses and all of a sudden Italy owing France that shit tonne of cash becomes a seriously difficult problem.
                                      oh yeah, absolutely

I just wouldn't put much stock in the numbers quoted

Comment

That Congo picture reminds me of a funny story from a few weeks ago.

I was at my little brothers school graduation and there's this Nigerian girl in his class called Precious (). My first thought was why is this teacher sitting with all the students but was promtly informed she was a 17 year old student. Seriously if you seen this girl an age guess of mid twenties would be generous on how young she looked.

Anyway the graduation is fairly tedious stuff until the subject awards roll around. First up English, and the winner is....... Precious, which is met with a kind applause from onlookers. Maths...... Precious, Irish.......Precious. At this point you could hear murmurings of discontent from parents at their children getting their arses handed to them by this "child" prodigy. Biology.... Precious, French....Precious, Business....
                                        SPOILER
                                        Precious
                                        .The hatred towards this girl is becoming more audible with every passing minute as her certificate pile mounts. And just as she ships her religion award one of the disgruntled fathers finaly cracks, "You must be bloody kidding me, she's older than my feckin wife". Cringetasic
                                        Last edited by The Situation; 20-06-11, 13:19.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

bad timing...

Bad time to move cash to keytrade? Or much of a muchness.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Market researcher or somesuch fella knocks on the door a wee while ago to ask a few questions on my opinions about the new government's first 100 days in power. He then goes on to answer/skip half the questions himself.

lolpinions

lolstatistics
                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

cant decide on what col to go to next year and the deadline is next friday. Gonna do what any self respecting degen would do and roll a dice

Comment

cant decide on what col to go to next year and the deadline is next friday. Gonna do what any self respecting degen would do and roll a dice
                                                what are your choices? let the BBV make the decision imo

Comment

what are your choices? let the BBV make the decision imo
                                                  Cork v Limerick

Havnt got the points for UCD which would have been my first choice

Comment

Here are the main measures and targets, as presented by the Greek Finance Ministry and by the EU and the IMF in a document obtained by Reuters:

FISCAL PLAN

* TAX INCREASES: taxes will increase by at least 2.45 billion this year, with additional taxes of 2.88 billion euros in 2012, 450 million euros in 2013 and 300 million in 2014.

This includes higher property taxes, legalization of unauthorized buildings, a VAT rate hike on restaurants and bars to 23 from 13 percent, a \"solidarity levy\" on households, steeper consumption taxes on soft drinks and natural gas, luxury levies on yachts, pools and cars. The government also wants to scrap a string of tax exemptions.

However, the government said on Friday, in a fresh bid to seek the opposition conservatives\' backing for the plan, that it may submit in September a bill to cut VAT and corporate taxes.

* CUTTING THE PUBLIC SECTOR WAGE BILL: 800 million euros in 2011, and 660 million in 2012, 398 million in 2013, 246 million in 2014 and 71 million in 2015.

Reduction will come from a curb on hirings, allowance cuts and by firing or not renewing contracts this year for 50 percent of all public sector workers employed under temporary contracts.

* CUTS IN SOCIAL BENEFITS: 1 billion euros this year (up from a May target of 833 million), 1.26 billion in 2012, 1 billion in 2013, 790 million in 2014 and 400 million in 2015.

Reduction will mainly come by means-testing beneficiaries and cutting a string of benefits.

* INCREASE SOCIAL CONTRIBUTION RECEIPTS: at least 629 million euros this year, 259 million in 2012, 713 million in 2013, 1.13 billion in 2014 and 337 million in 2015.

To be achieved through an increase in social security contributions and by cracking down on contribution evasion and undeclared labor.

* CLOSE/MERGE PUBLIC ENTITIES AND SUBSIDIES: 491 million in 2011, with further 279 million euros in savings in 2012-2015.

* FIGHTING TAX EVASION: 878 million euros in 2013, 975 million in 2014 and 1.15 billion in 2015.

* CUTS IN PUBLIC INVESTMENT SPENDING: 700 million euros this year, half of which will be permanent.

* Defense CUTS: 200 million euros in 2012, and 333 million euros each year in 2013-2015.

* CUTS IN HEALTHCARE SPENDING: at least 310 million euros this year and a further 1.43 billion euros in 2012-2015, mainly by lowering regulated prices for drugs and widening the use of e-prescriptions.

* OTHER MEASURES include savings in state-owned enterprises and cuts in subsidies to local government.

---------------------------------------------------------------

PRIVATISATIONS

The government aims to raise a total of 50 billion euros from privatizations by 2015 and the new plan speeds up the sale of stakes in state firms by 3-6 months.

Here are some key sales:

* It aims to get 5 billion euros by selling stakes in betting monopoly OPAP, lender Hellenic Postbank, port operators Piraeus Port and Thessaloniki Port as well as Thessaloniki Water

among others.

Greece on Monday agreed to sell a 10 percent stake in Hellenic Telecom (OTE) to Germany\'s Deutsche Telekom. The government exercised its \"put\" option to sell the stake for around 400 million euros.

* The government plans to raise 10 billion euros by selling stakes in Athens Water, refiner Hellenic Petroleum, electricity utility PPC, lender ATEbank as well as ports, airports, motorway concessions, state land and mining rights.

2013-2015

* Plans are to raise 7 billion euros in 2103, 13 billion in 2014 and 15 billion in 2015 with property sell-offs, and yet more stakes in ports, airports and highways.

Comment

Cork v Limerick
                                                      that's not a choice at all

Cork

Comment

that's not a choice at all

Cork
                                                        full of lolcork people though

Comment

Limerick is pretty grim though

Cork wimmins are nice too

Comment

Game of Thrones meh

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                              Question for Kayroo: Reading about a recent enough murder case where someone was convicted in an Italian court by a majority verdict (6 - 3). You can probably guess which one I'm talking about.

My question is whether majority votes are sufficient to bring guilty verdicts in capital cases in Ireland or whether you require an unanimous decision?

Obviously if someone else knows the answer, shout!
                                                              There are no capital cases in Ireland anymore.

However, a jury will always be told that they can only reach a majority verdict first. If, after 2 hours, the judge is of the opinion that the jury are no closer to reaching a verdict he or she may tell them that they can reach a majority verdict but only where there are 11 or more jurors. Therefore a 10-1, 11-1 or 10-2 verdict are possible.

The foreman of the jury MUST STATE whether it's a majority or unanimous verdict once given the majority option by the judge when delivering the verdict. Failure to do so will lead to a re-trial and a quashed conviction.

For more see s.25 of the Criminal Justice Act 1985.

There's a lot of finicky legal issues around it too but that's the gist of it.
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Limerick wimmin > Cork birds

Limerick A&E < Cork A&E

The Limerick Mid West regional hospital is set to close its emergency department at night because of a shortage of doctors.

The hospital claims it is down to 50pc of its compliment of staff and will therefore be forced to close its accident and emergency service from 8pm to 8am from 1 July. Patients will instead be brought to hospitals in Cork or Galway.

Comment

You'll fit right in imo

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                    GOT didnt dissapoint as usual....roll on season 2 !!
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    I really liked how they did the reveal at the end. MOTHERFUCKING DRAGONS!
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Limerick is surprisingly jazzy on the female front to be fair, I was very pleasantly surprised.

I found it to be a pretty boring spot though tbh, the whole city centre absolutely shuts down after 6pm, and the University is really far from the city centre itself which is a bit of a drag.

UCC is a lovely place, the campus is really nice both aesthetically and in terms of how compact it is. The med department moved into a brand new building only a couple of years ago as well which is absolutely mint.

The campus is close to the city (~10 minute walk to Patrick Street) and it's a bit of a buzzier place than Limerick.

I'd be saying Cork pretty strongly Ton.

Comment

Trotters is now Canters? That's a bit ghey imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                          Limerick wimmin > Cork birds

Limerick A&E < Cork A&E
                                                                          A lot of hot chicks from Limmers go to Cork tbf, plus you got the pick of the Kerry talent!
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What would Raoul Duke IIIs' or Emmets opinion be on me investing 2k in BOI shares? looking for a 2-3 year investment.
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                              What would Raoul Duke IIIs' or Emmets opinion be on me investing 2k in BOI shares? looking for a 2-3 year investment.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                I really liked how they did the reveal at the end. MOTHERFUCKING DRAGONS!
                                                                                GOT

SPOILER
                                                                                That was the only good part of the episode. And the auld lad who aint so auld I think the 1st season has been quite hit and miss in parts, very good overall but there were a few eps that just seemed like filler to me. Hopefully will take off for the 2nd season, i assume that was the last ep of S01

Comment

a VAT rate hike on restaurants and bars to 23 from 13 percent, a \"solidarity levy\" on households
                                                                                  Lol at the VAT increase, going to do wonders for their tourist industry.
                                                                                  I like the Solidarity Tax idea though, it's this sort of thinking that gets the public onside.

Reckon Noonan should rename VRT to Harmony Tax, Excise Duty should become the Comradeship Payment, Income Tax should become the Fellowship Deductions etc.
                                                                                  Who could reasonably argue with increases in those taxes?

Comment

Being in college with several Greek students, the biggest problem Greece has with regards to tax is enforcement, not that the %s are wrong.

The two guys in class have said that "In Greece, if you pay the tax you are supposed to pay, everyone sees you as a mug, and has no respect for you!".

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Lol at the VAT increase, going to do wonders for their tourist industry.
                                                                                      I like the Solidarity Tax idea though, it's this sort of thinking that gets the public onside.

Reckon Noonan should rename VRT to Harmony Tax, Excise Duty should become the Comradeship Payment, Income Tax should become the Fellowship Deductions etc.
                                                                                      Who could reasonably argue with increases in those taxes?
                                                                                      Me. I am clearly not a team player and I do love the idea of keeping more of my money.

Comment

Thinking about taking Celtic Link Ferries to France in Aug. Anybody have any experience with them?

Comment

buy shares in a proper bank if you must invest in financials

Comment

Thinking about taking Celtic Link Ferries to France in Aug. Anybody have any experience with them?
                                                                                            Much better than the huns you'll deal with in Rangers Link Ferries!
                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Ryan Dunn from Jackass is dead apparently.

Link to story

Comment

Are you bringing a horse?
                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                  He outlived expectation imo

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                    Much better than the huns you'll deal with in Rangers Link Ferries!
                                                                                                    Am I the only one who thought that the Huns hung around with Gengis Khan in Mongolia circa 1210?
                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

LOL just LOL

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Am I the only one who thought that the Huns hung around with Gengis Khan in Mongolia circa 1210?
                                                                                                        I always thought they were the opposition in WW1 myself

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                          LOL just LOL
                                                                                                          I did lose close on 10k myself in BoI shares in 2008

Comment

The bastards. Is there anything they won't do!!

I always thought they were the opposition in WW1 myself
                                                                                                            The German's opposition obv

Sarcasm is hard on t'internet
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                              GOT

SPOILER
                                                                                                              That was the only good part of the episode. And the auld lad who aint so auld I think the 1st season has been quite hit and miss in parts, very good overall but there were a few eps that just seemed like filler to me. Hopefully will take off for the 2nd season, i assume that was the last ep of S01
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              Yeah that was the last ep. Apart from the dragons and the King in the North, it was more of a prologue to season 2 than a massive cliffhanger ending. In fact some of the plotlines came from book 2. The crescendo of the season was episode 9, obviously. Not every show has to end with a massive cliffhanger, after all.

It's funny how much book they crammed into 10 episodes. I was seriously worried they'd have enough time to cover everything without rushing it, and in the end they had time to fill everything else in, and waste a few scenes on fairly innoccuous stuff. I will still insist that it all becomes relevant in the end, though.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

LOL just LOL
                                                                                                                See, this was my view 4 months ago when my Dad bought them at 40c, now only 12c.
                                                                                                                Just trying to clarify my position is all Angry Ball. (hey that rhymes!)
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I did lose close on 10k myself in BoI shares in 2008
                                                                                                                  must admit i did loose money on them aswell trying to spin up 12k, but instead i spun it down to about 8k before bailing out

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

must admit i did loose money on them aswell trying to spin up 12k, but instead i spun it down to about 8k before bailing out
                                                                                                                    no Sean Quinns we

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post

Link to story
                                                                                                                      Link not working, presume this is the one you were trying to post:
                                                                                                                      "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn died in a car crash in Pennsylvania early this morning ... TMZ has confirmed with Bam Margera's mother.

There's a pic of the burned remains of the car he was in on that page and it's pretty grim. Not crazy crazy horrific or anything just very little of a car left.

Comment

See, this was my view 4 months ago when my Dad bought them at 40c, now only 12c.
                                                                                                                        Just trying to clarify my position is all Angry Ball. (hey that rhymes!)
                                                                                                                        yeah i thought the same thing when i stuck in my 12k, and bought them at .22 cents they went up and down like a whores knickers. i couldn't handle the mental side of going from rags to riches every 15mins or so, so i bailed..... and iam much happier now,
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Angry-Ball; 20-06-11, 14:42.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Yeah that was the last ep. Apart from the dragons and the King in the North, it was more of a prologue to season 2 than a massive cliffhanger ending. In fact some of the plotlines came from book 2. The crescendo of the season was episode 9, obviously. Not every show has to end with a massive cliffhanger, after all.

It's funny how much book they crammed into 10 episodes. I was seriously worried they'd have enough time to cover everything without rushing it, and in the end they had time to fill everything else in, and waste a few scenes on fairly innoccuous stuff. I will still insist that it all becomes relevant in the end, though.
                                                                                                                          I haven't read the books at all and am thinking of ordering the series of them now. Have they left out much of original plot from the book? Without spoilering too much of course.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X