X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
    Id be wary.

Mthinks one of those door to door operations. Hope Im wrong obv.
    hmmm.....can you elaborate more on why this is bad for me?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post

Thanks
      door to door salesman, paid only on commission pretty much. Pretty miserable existence, even if you're fantastic at it.

Had a friend who did door to door Sky and he said if he sold 2 a day he'd be delighted. Hours are shoddy because you have to call when people are home, and how many things have you ever actually bought on your doorstep?

Another guy did it and was selling makeup, that was 3 years ago, he still has some of the merchandise because it was so hard to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        Govt can't really do much about it, would be anti-competition and wouldn't make sense. Govt stopping the money system getting back to a liquid one would be suicidal.

They'll enter when it makes sense to do so, it doesn't look likely to be too soon though. If any bank had thought that it might make any sense, they would've just bought AIB when it was tuppence a share, instantly being completely setup with a huge market share and ready-made everything.
        Yeah jesus, catch 22 for the Government I guess.

Getting back to the original point though, what markets is the lack of available credit likely to affect most (outside of the obvious),and in your opinion?

If people can't buy houses, will they rent? or will the make improvements to their current houses? Will they (20-35) live/move back home?

If people can't finance business start ups, will we see a surge in low cost, internet based start ups? Will we see a surge in anything at all?

What about the poor old recruitment agents, will they need to be culled if no new jobs are coming on board as a result of lack of credit for growth?

etc
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
          I have a Bank of Ireland credit card and the chip is scratched. If I ring them for a replacement will they cancel it straight away? How long will a replacement take to come?
          2 or 3 days. I don't think you need to cancel the original one (But i'm not sure)

Comment

Thanks
            On one hand a job is a job.
            On the other, these jobs are generally very exploitative.
            Small, if any, basic wage. The rest comes from commission of selling products door to door. For example cosmetics. Generally, you'll be sellign something that people don't want or need, which makes the commission hard to come by.
            Last edited by Mellor; 20-06-11, 02:32.

Comment

Thanks
              Emmet nailed it.

Expect to be bombarded with figures of how much there is to be made, expect to be told about work BBQ's and free beers on fridays. Expect to be shown the guy who jumped up through the ranks in 6-8 weeks who is now the CEO's second in command.

One of the lads here (in Melbourne) did it. Its pretty much the same worldwide.

That said, if you are at the top of the pyramid itd be pretty sweet. No costs of note. its a numbers game, they hire 1000's of people and if they get 5% of them to sell a day (less even) they( the owners/CEO/guy in the M3) are quids in.

Not to be disheartening to you or anything but you're better off not doing it unless you are in dire need of cash and would only view it as a very temporay thing. And even then...
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

nice one, thanks for the info lads, appreciated. Should they not be advertising the job as commision based and not a "set salary" based job if what ye say is the case?

I might as well drive up for the interview tomorrow and make a day of it in Waterford (Not that there is much there...So I can have a blaa I suppose) :P

Haven't been there since May so wanna go there!

Comment

If they advertise set salary, then it probably is.
                  The vast majority of employees are door to door grunts, but it needs admin guys in the head office.

Comment

Nah, not true Mellor. Whats advertised with these kinda companies is very rarely what is given.

Go and have a look anyway. Nothing to lose.

Comment

Me and 3 of my mates have decided that Friday we're gonna to put up a few quid each and see who can last the longest without shaving. Winner takes the loots.

I will win.

Eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                        Me and 3 of my mates have decided that Friday we're gonna to put up a few quid each and see who can last the longest without shaving. Winner takes the loots.

I will win.

Eventually.
                        did one of these before, easy money especially when you angle shoot the electric shaver on number 2 to keep it under control

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                          did one of these before, easy money especially when you angle shoot the electric shaver on number 2 to keep it under control
                          You? Angle Shoot? Never!*

*Gholi prob disagrees

Comment

time for bed u degens

Comment

Nah, not true Mellor. Whats advertised with these kinda companies is very rarely what is given.

Go and have a look anyway. Nothing to lose.
                              Really, thought they'd at least be vauge enough so that they weren't lying.

I was going to pm you, but while I'm here, what sort of prices are you paying for Jack3d?
                              Thinking of giving it a whirl, worth it for cardio or just weights?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                time for bed u degens
                                Be pretty bad form of me to go to Bed in work at 20 to 2 in the afternoon.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                Really, thought they'd at least be vauge enough so that they weren't lying.

I was going to pm you, but while I'm here, what sort of prices are you paying for Jack3d?
                                Thinking of giving it a whirl, worth it for cardio or just weights?

Yeah thats what I would have assumed too but its crazy how they get away with it. Suppose you can't prosecute/fine/warn a company that has no tangible profile.

Re: Jack3d.

Think it was something like $45. Havent bought it in ages. Didnt really need it on a bulk and with creo.

Lads at home are using Mesomorph or 1mr now. Apparently Mesomorph is the better of the 3. Try that maybe?
                                Last edited by Theresa; 20-06-11, 03:41.

Comment

Cat allergy, pretty bad. Can't breathe, wheezing and tight chest.

What's the strongest anto-histamine available over the counter? Can i get a stronger one on prescription from a GP, which one so i know what to ask for?

Comment

When you get sorted Tom (sorry Ive no idea what the best anti Histamine is) make sure you shoot the fucking cat.

Evil, useless, waste of time animals.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post

What's the strongest anto-histamine available over the counter? Can i get a stronger one on prescription from a GP, which one so i know what to ask for?
                                      Piriteze is the ones we have the house that seem to do the job

Comment

The farmer beside us has been out with the digger from 7am the last few mornings and it's pretty loud. Anyone able to point me in the direction of noise pollution laws that tell me if that's too early. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                          The farmer beside us has been out with the digger from 7am the last few mornings and it's pretty loud. Anyone able to point me in the direction of noise pollution laws that tell me if that's too early. Cheers
                                          laws? Donegal??

lol
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

But you are bringing a world of hurt on to yourself by taking this approach.
                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              laws? Donegal??

lol
                                              lol i know, i know!

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                              http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...gulations.html

But you are bringing a world of hurt on to yourself by taking this approach.
                                              Found this already but didn't find what i was looking for

Comment

lol i know, i know!
                                                retaliate by playing Megadeath at 2am to his cows

Comment

Two hours sleep, the max i could get was some 10mg shit, i took five. Breathing going back to normal.

Comment

the Greeks will be voting confidence in their government today

methinks those greasy spicwops (new epithet given that I can't think of any derogatory term for Greeks) are going to blow everything up

Comment

7am is fine more or less. It's a justifiable noise. There are routes you can take but absolutely none of them are worth it. The laws are purposefully vague to give the Gardai discretion to break up parties etc.
                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        7am is fine more or less. It's a justifiable noise. There are routes you can take but absolutely none of them are worth it. The laws are purposefully vague to give the Gardai discretion to break up parties etc.
                                                        I suppose it's justifiable as he's working. It's mainly a constant tap of his JCB digger waking us up most mornings and now that it's coming into summer, it could get even earlier. Looks like i'm going to have to go down RDIII's route!

Comment

I suppose it's justifiable as he's working. It's mainly a constant tap of his JCB digger waking us up most mornings and now that it's coming into summer, it could get even earlier. Looks like i'm going to have to go down RDIII's route!
                                                          A bit different than what you were used to i suppose, The sound of car alarms, breaking windows and people screaming

Comment

Your standard hayfever tablet will do the job, as I have an allergy to cats also. Claritin.
                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

When you get sorted Tom (sorry Ive no idea what the best anti Histamine is) make sure you shoot the fucking cat.

Wrong. You will wise up when you find mouse shit in your corn flakes.

Pope Gregory IX did not like cats and they were beaten, killed and driven away from the villages. Anyone who harbored a cat was considered a “witch” and was put to death along with the cat.

By the 17th century, people began to realize the importance of the cats, as the mice and rats were causing plagues and other epidemics throughout Europe and cats were back in favor.

As people began to travel by boat (1600-1700) cats became important to keep the rats away from the grain being transported by boat. Settlers coming to the “New World” brought cats with them. Life was pretty good for cats until the Salem witch-hunt of 1692 and once again the poor cat was a product of discrimination, along with the people who owned them.

It took a while for people to realize once again the importance of cats and soon cats returned to favor. In 1749 cats were brought to Pennsylvania to control a serious rodent plague. People moving out west took their cats on their wagons. The gold rush of 1849 brought a need for cats, and any cat brought on a trading ship could be sold for $50 or more. In 1884 in San Francisco during the rat plague there, people were willing to pay upwards of $100 for a single cat.
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Morning all..
                                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                  Morning all..
                                                                  You allowed divulge?

Comment

Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      You allowed divulge?
                                                                      nope I'll just say it was a looong day. I'd appreciate if nobody asked about it from now on, as it may affect chances.
                                                                      Last edited by Zuroph; 20-06-11, 11:04.
                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Need 2 "Back up Judges" for my weight loss bet lads if anyone (well enough known here) would volunteer in the D1 area or as close as

Comment

Wait till harvest when they will be working 24 hours, you might want to move back to Ballymun where its nice and peaceful.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

nope I'll just say it was a looong day. I'd appreciate if nobody asked about it from now on, as it may affect chances.
                                                                            Anyone up for a campaign to save Zootrouph from themselves?
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                                                              Need 2 "Back up Judges" for my weight loss bet lads if anyone (well enough known here) would volunteer in the D1 area or as close as

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=9685
                                                                              I work on the Quays and I am about most days so I can be a back up once it fits with work etc.
                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Anyone up for a campaign to save Zootrouph from themselves?
                                                                                what are you talking about? is he on about his love life in public again?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  what are you talking about? is he on about his love life in public again?
                                                                                  He was doing an interview/audition for
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  Big Brother XII.

Fingers crossed, Let no more be said.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    He was doing an interview/audition for
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    Big Brother XII.

Fingers crossed, Let no more be said.
                                                                                    oh Dear God

I agree, let us never speak of this again

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      On one hand a job is a job.
                                                                                      On the other, these jobs are generally very exploitative.
                                                                                      Small, if any, basic wage. The rest comes from commission of selling products door to door. For example cosmetics. Generally, you'll be sellign something that people don't want or need, which makes the commission hard to come by.
                                                                                      I worked a commision only job for a few months when I came back from Scotland. Filled a gap on my cv, taught me how to deal with rejection (expect a lot of fuck offs) and learning sales will help in any job further down the line.

I would advise taking it if you are offered. You can keep looking in the mean time and when you get another interview saying that you cant sit still, would rather have the opportunity to make money even if it is a tough grind and it gave you expereince in dealing with targets etc will give you a step up over anyone who is unemployed.

It is much easier to get a job when you have a job. You will learn how to read people better and sales is sales no matter if it is door to door or closing massive deals so it will be of benifit to you overall. Good luck with the interview and this is one of those cliched situations where the easy way is not the best way in the long term.

Comment

I love how the "I'm out of breath" post is made in such an out of breath style. VWP

Comment

That method of calculating bf based on BMI is fucking stupid. Get a calipers ffs.

Best of luck, btw. If you fancy taking up a new sport (BJJ), that takes the grind out of excercise, let me know your location and i'll recommend a few clubs.

Comment

Arooooooo! Werewolf 23 has started.
                                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

So god damn tired. up at 4am to get to airport, did not sleep a wink last night, and my phone decided to try fuck me, somehow froze and lost an hour on the clock during the night, meaning I'd have missed my alarm and consequently, flight. only for the fact i couldnt sleep and checked my watch for time, I'd have been royally fucked. No money for alternative flights. stupid piece of shit phone.
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

did not sleep a wink last night, and my phone decided to try fuck me
                                                                                                they really have an app for everything these days

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  I love how the "I'm out of breath" post is made in such an out of breath style. VWP
                                                                                                  And there was me thinking that i wasnt allergic to anything, along comes a cute little cat and bam, i'm wheezing like a ninety year old smoking a cigar. Two hours sleep, two piriton (4mg) and three Cetirelief (10mg) later, i'm like a zombie at my desk but at least i can breath.

Anyone know why the dosages are so light, 4mg and 10mg is pretty ghey considering ther amount i difene i take after a hard week training.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post

I will win.

Eventually.
                                                                                                    Easiest money ever.
                                                                                                    The only possible issue is mustache growing over the lips can be annoying.
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

So god damn tired. up at 4am to get to airport, did not sleep a wink last night, and my phone decided to try fuck me, somehow froze and lost an hour on the clock during the night, meaning I'd have missed my alarm and consequently, flight. only for the fact i couldnt sleep and checked my watch for time, I'd have been royally fucked. No money for alternative flights. stupid piece of shit phone.
                                                                                                      quit being a 'character'
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Sniperace84 from Ireland finished 7th for 25k in the Sunday Million last night. Pretty sure its Femi

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                          Sniperace84 from Ireland finished 7th for 25k in the Sunday Million last night. Pretty sure its Femi
                                                                                                          Yep

Comment

I'll do it.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Comment

Type 'Where is Chuck Norris' into Google and hit im feeling lucky.

Pretty funny imo

Comment

Rory McIlroy conducts an interview after the 1st round of the 2011 US Open while guy does eyebrow dance behind him.

Comment

Ginger kids pop up everywhere

Comment

The Bitcoin community faced another crisis on Sunday afternoon as the price of the currency on the most popular exchange, Mt.Gox, fell from $17 to pennies in a matter of minutes. Trading was quickly suspended and visitors to the home page were redirected to a statement blaming the crash on a compromised user account. Mt.Gox’s Mark Karpeles said that the exchange would be taken offline to give administrators time to roll back the suspect transactions.

lol

Comment

Congo u17 national side, so born 1994 or later. Have to think there might be something a bit suspect here.

Comment

Question for Kayroo: Reading about a recent enough murder case where someone was convicted in an Italian court by a majority verdict (6 - 3). You can probably guess which one I'm talking about.

My question is whether majority votes are sufficient to bring guilty verdicts in capital cases in Ireland or whether you require an unanimous decision?

Obviously if someone else knows the answer, shout!
                                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Congo u17 national side, so born 1994 or later. Have to think there might be something a bit suspect here.
                                                                                                                          lol the bloke in the bottom centre looks about 40 and the bloke top left not much younger!

Edit - Is that Ivory Coast thingy they're holding?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X