This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
    New smiley.... some people are easily pleased.
    other people are easily puzzled

fair play to our PA; chocolate hobnobs in the kitchen is a definite cheerer-upper

(either that or da man has the cunning plan of inducing an early death due to obesity thus avoiding any pensions liabilities )
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Christ, fighting the good fight is very tiring

Comment

Any progress with it Kev?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            Any progress with it Kev?
            Managed to get them to remove the cap, but the offer currently still stands at a derisory 3 weeks per year.

As for my own situation, amazingly despite the announcement being made 4 ago tomorrow I still havent gotten job descriptions or salary details for the 2 roles I may be able to apply for

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              Christ, fighting the good fight is very tiring
              are you writing hymns now

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  are you writing hymns now
                  We'll march day and night by the big cooling tower, they have the plant, but we have the power

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                    3 weeks per year really is derisory
                    Especially considering the company is coining it at the moment. Other companies in similar situations recently have been offering 8 weeks per year.

And the fukkers had the cheek to cap at €600 per week initally.

When the whole thing is over I may do a trip report on it all, the process has been handled so terribly, and the HR chimps making error after error. Their ineptness knows no bounds

Comment

Especially considering the company is coining it at the moment. Other companies in similar situations recently have been offering 8 weeks per year.

And the fukkers had the cheek to cap at €600 per week initally.
                      Basically trying to get away with statutory payment and no more. Fcukers.
                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Flannery has appealed his ban, resulting in a cross appeal which in all likelihood will see his ban lengthened.

What an idiot

Apparently IRFU appealing it, have they no sense? He was lucky to get as small a ban as he did
                        Last edited by Emmet; 24-02-10, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                          Flannery has appealed his ban, resulting in a cross appeal which in all likelihood will see his ban lengthened.

What an idiot

Apparently IRFU appealing it, have they no sense? He was lucky to get as small a ban as he did
                          I hope they throw 2 books at him this time
                          "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Guys for what its worth a groep of my mates own Lord Cebellino in the 4.40 in fairyhouse and back over hurdles the reckon he'll do the business. He was 5s this morning and is around 5/2 - 3s now but should drift out a bit now as theywil have there money down by now.

Comment

Does this Israel assassination thing remind anyone else of the West Wing storyline that was somewhat similar to this?

I bet Bartlett would have had this wrapped up in no time though.

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                Guys for what its worth a groep of my mates own Lord Cebellino in the 4.40 in fairyhouse and back over hurdles the reckon he'll do the business. He was 5s this morning and is around 5/2 - 3s now but should drift out a bit now as theywil have there money down by now.
                                the Orphan Girl syndicate?

have they done a bunch of drinking in North Wexford?

Comment

poker hall in the square tallaght. anyone if its still open.
                                  http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

that's some quality sleaze right there

Comment

hardly a fail though

Comment

More like 8megapixels of win

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                            LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                              they are unlucky mates - he was easily one of the most promising young horses before he met with injury.
                                              Yeah we murdered him when he won his bumper. He was very promising alright.They were offered 150k after he won the bumper but they refused all offers.
                                              Hindsight would be great but theres 10 of them in the syndicate. They are only getting a clear run with him now.

Yeah most of the guys are from the gorey area.They have one more promising lad who who a P2P a forthnight ago in punchestown.

Dam he folded up badly there.Sorry guys the loots were well and truly done.

Comment

The cheesy grin on his face is class
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                  What kind of car do u drive???
                                                  01 E220 cdi

Comment

We need another tightarse busto type to fill a slot in Serie D here.

Come on! http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...hp?t=90&page=2

Comment

Did the Fitz EOM online sat on ipoker get cancelled tonight or something?

Comment

Conspiracy theory that IRFU are shafting Munster with the Flannery appeal..
                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Just in case you're not following this thread , fixtures are up. We're due to kick off on Friday. There's 1 place available in Serie D for a sum of $60 should anyone want it. Last chance saloon on a 1st come 1st served basis.

Originally posted by Flushdraw
                                                          So here's the new prize money and the fixture list for the Boylepoker Heads Up League 2010. Over the next day or so, i'll start a new thread for each league in the Online Section and outline all Rules and Regs etc.

Due to begin the league on Friday. There is 1 place in Serie D that has become available if anyone wants it. First come, first served.

Comment

Watched Band of Brothers straight through today on Blu-Ray including the 1hr40min documentary that followed it.Excellent viewing €27 well spent.

Comment

Went to see Crazy Heart was decent i enjoyed it but didnt love it, i think it was Lloyd who compared it to The Wrestler and said it was better imo The Wrestler > Crazy Heart.

On a side note i FCUKING hate the luas!
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

On a side note i FCUKING hate the luas!
                                                                At least its harder to hog a seat on the Luas, almost unhoggable. Seat hogs i hate you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                  Watched Band of Brothers straight through today on Blu-Ray including the 1hr40min documentary that followed it.Excellent viewing €27 well spent.
                                                                  Its the nuts on Blu-Ray alright

Comment

other people are easily puzzled

fair play to our PA; chocolate hobnobs in the kitchen is a definite cheerer-upper

(either that or da man has the cunning plan of inducing an early death due to obesity thus avoiding any pensions liabilities )
                                                                    Your last line reminds of something i was astonished at when i watched that new Michael Moore documentary Capitalism , how some companies are able to take out life insurance on their employees without them even knowing, one company got 1.5mil + from one guy.

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                    At least its harder to hog a seat on the Luas, almost unhoggable. Seat hogs i hate you all.
                                                                    No not even that, just the amount of hassle and abuse you do see on it, its like the old bus routes to Tallaght how you would never sit down the back on the upstairs.

Comment

Its the nuts on Blu-Ray alright
                                                                      Im gonna have to buy it now thanks for putting stupid ideas in my head

Comment

Originally posted by Blured View Post
                                                                        Just on this - is rental income under 10k exempt only under the rent a room scheme? Say for example I have a property rented and only received 9k in rent for 2009, would this be exempt?
                                                                        Not sure if this has been answered yet, but the 'Rent a Room Relief' has an exemption below 10k. This is only applicable to this scheme though. There are some conditions to this too, it has to be in a "Qualifying Residence" (Basically your home for the tax year). Also bear in mind that if the rental income from this goes above €10k, you will be assessable for tax on the whole amount, not just the excess.

It doesn't apply when letting out a property, this will be taxed as Case V income. But you can deduct expenses on the property against the rental income.

Link (includes allowable expenses): http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/rental-income.html

Comment

No not even that, just the amount of hassle and abuse you do see on it, its like the old bus routes to Tallaght how you would never sit down the back on the upstairs.
                                                                          Too true, although the bus routes to Tallaght have never changed!
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Admins, Im having a problem sometimes when posting a post which includes a quote using Google Chrome. Just tried it with Firefox and it is fine on that.

Its just like the page stops loading and it appears white. Have only noticed it on this thread too FWIW. PM me if necessary...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                              Not sure if this has been answered yet, but the 'Rent a Room Relief' has an exemption below 10k. This is only applicable to this scheme though. There are some conditions to this too, it has to be in a "Qualifying Residence" (Basically your home for the tax year). Also bear in mind that if the rental income from this goes above €10k, you will be assessable for tax on the whole amount, not just the excess.

It doesn't apply when letting out a property, this will be taxed as Case V income. But you can deduct expenses on the property against the rental income.

Link (includes allowable expenses): http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/rental-income.html
                                                                              how/where do I declare it as a source of income? I've been renting a room out for 2 years now, and this is the first I've heard of having to declare it (i'm below the 10k)
                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Self assessed tax returns..

Comment

this would be my only thing to write down on a tax return? I've never done one..when/how etc?
                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

This guide sets out the basic principles of the self-assessment system as it applies to Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax (CGT)

Comment

We need another tightarse busto type to fill a slot in Serie D here.

Come on! http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...hp?t=90&page=2
                                                                                      I'll play if still needed/not too late!

Saw that thread only the other day and assumed I was too late for it. Let me know.... Thanks!

Comment

It says in the thread that we still need someone, get in touch with Flushdraw via PM if you can ship him money by Fri.

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                          this would be my only thing to write down on a tax return? I've never done one..when/how etc?
                                                                                          Information about the tax implications of some key life events and changes in your personal circumstances.

Form 12.
                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

First hand of a SnG and I'm off to a flyer

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.75 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) (t1500)
                                                                                            SB (t1500)
                                                                                            BB (t1500)
                                                                                            UTG (t1500)
                                                                                            UTG+1 (t1500)
                                                                                            MP1 (t1500)
                                                                                            MP2 (t1500)
                                                                                            MP3 (t1500)
                                                                                            CO (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
                                                                                            1 fold, UTG+1 bets t60, 1 fold, MP2 calls t60, MP3 raises to t1500 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls t1500 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls t1480 (All-In), UTG+1 calls t1440 (All-In), MP2 calls t1440 (All-In)

Flop: (t7510) 8, 3, K (5 players, 5 all-in)

Turn: (t7510) 6 (5 players, 5 all-in)

River: (t7510) K (5 players, 5 all-in)

Total pot: t7510

Results:
                                                                                            Hero had K, K (four of a kind, Kings).
                                                                                            BB had 7, 9 (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                            UTG+1 had A, J (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                            MP2 had J, Q (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                            MP3 had J, Q (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                            Outcome: Hero won t7510

Comment

First hand of a SnG and I'm off to a flyer

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.75 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) (t1500)
                                                                                              SB (t1500)
                                                                                              BB (t1500)
                                                                                              UTG (t1500)
                                                                                              UTG+1 (t1500)
                                                                                              MP1 (t1500)
                                                                                              MP2 (t1500)
                                                                                              MP3 (t1500)
                                                                                              CO (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
                                                                                              1 fold, UTG+1 bets t60, 1 fold, MP2 calls t60, MP3 raises to t1500 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls t1500 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls t1480 (All-In), UTG+1 calls t1440 (All-In), MP2 calls t1440 (All-In)

Flop: (t7510) 8, 3, K (5 players, 5 all-in)

Turn: (t7510) 6 (5 players, 5 all-in)

River: (t7510) K (5 players, 5 all-in)

Total pot: t7510

Results:
                                                                                              Hero had K, K (four of a kind, Kings).
                                                                                              BB had 7, 9 (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                              UTG+1 had A, J (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                              MP2 had J, Q (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                              MP3 had J, Q (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                              Outcome: Hero won t7510
                                                                                              odds that you don't cash...

Comment

Inter 1 up inside 3 mins

Comment

Originally posted by tonc76 View Post
                                                                                                  Inter 1 up inside 3 mins
                                                                                                  lovely goal

Gyles/Eamo will be loving it after spending 5 mins going on about Eto's quick feet being missed by Barca last night

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                    Too true, although the bus routes to Tallaght have never changed!
                                                                                                    Really are they still as bad?

Link for Inter Vs Chelsea just incase anybody wants it,

Comment

Am off to Thailand on Saturday have to spend 2 days in Bangkok.

Can anyone recomend something to do that doesn't involve
                                                                                                      • Ping Pong balls
                                                                                                      • Munting
                                                                                                      • Melching
                                                                                                      • Ladyboys

Comment

Really are they still as bad?

[/url]
                                                                                                        Pretty much, the concept of the smoking ban never seemed to catch on either!
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                                          Am off to Thailand on Saturday have to spend 2 days in Bangkok.

Can anyone recomend something to do that doesn't involve
                                                                                                          • Ping Pong balls
                                                                                                          • Munting
                                                                                                          • Melching
                                                                                                          • Ladyboys
                                                                                                          You'd be as well stay at home if your not getting involved with any of the above

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                            Pretty much, the concept of the smoking ban never seemed to catch on either!
                                                                                                            Getting stoned on second hand smoke FTW some guy blitzed out of his mind earlier not your normal looking wino starts given this foreign gentleman a load of abuse out of nowhere withing 2 seconds of getting on, said gentleman decides its best to move, then the wino starts to sleaze over some girl just finished work and then proceeds to try start a fight with some 17/18 year old bloke, absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                              There were a couple of other ones (samsung PDA being one) but they were negligible so I didn't include them. I was also wondering about the mozilla not being included with FF, but there you go.

Yep. In my stats post there were images for the browsers, and the place I cut and paste from was that url that was coming up for you. Obviously the images were still linke to there and to be seen you needed to log in or something. Who knows. I wasn't getting the popup, presumably as I was logged into that page at the time.
                                                                                                              I havent read to the end but the explanation for this is the images are hosted on the members area of whomever you are hosting with (too lazy to do a half decent whois) It's a dangerous thing to show the door Dom never mind present the keyhole.
                                                                                                              I'd suggest hosting future stats on tinypic or something
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                I havent read to the end but the explanation for this is the images are hosted on the members area of whomever you are hosting with (too lazy to do a half decent whois) It's a dangerous thing to show the door Dom never mind present the keyhole.
                                                                                                                I'd suggest hosting future stats on tinypic or something
                                                                                                                It certainly wasn't my intention I have to say.

Comment

Guessing if i were to ask how to easily change php.ini files to increase upload file size on my website (hosted server), that i would be exceeding the knowledge level of BBV?

Spent two hours setting up a nice moodle site for some research thing and then find out my web host have a default 2mb upload limit for files to the site. Can't even upload most pdf's to it. Their website talks some crazy foreign language about what this all means and the support guy is even more useless.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Do have access to change it but the helpdesk want me to do it myself. This was their answer to my question:

Now that makes no sense to me at all. Surely if i upload a new file called php.ini to this folder and with just this code, then i'll be overwriting the existing very large php.ini file with a text file with just two lines?

EDIT: actually sorted now! That was majorly headache inducing.
                                                                                                                    note to self: must read thread before posting.
                                                                                                                    note to HitchHiker: that kind of thinking will cause you serious heartbreak.

Comment

Getting stoned on second hand smoke FTW some guy blitzed out of his mind earlier not your normal looking wino starts given this foreign gentleman a load of abuse out of nowhere withing 2 seconds of getting on, said gentleman decides its best to move, then the wino starts to sleaze over some girl just finished work and then proceeds to try start a fight with some 17/18 year old bloke, absolutely ridiculous.
                                                                                                                      All the junkies are on the head shop drugs now, and the fact that they're so cheap means they've a constant supply and they're fùcked out of their heads 24/7 now. The cunts all have free bus passes too which means they basically live on public transport.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                        odds that you don't cash...
                                                                                                                        took it down just to spite you

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                          Collie, FeetMagic,
                                                                                                                          There is no need to be aware of those words. I have serious concerns about anybody that has this words in his vocab. I'd consider myself quite open minded when it comes to sex, but WTF?????

They were posted up in the old BBV, so I read about "munting" before, but I had blocked them out mentally, so obviously this time I had to read again. Hopefully I'll block them out again this time too.
                                                                                                                          Space Docking FTW

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X